PDA

View Full Version : WTF Is Bush Doing On TV Right Now?

RINGLEADER
09-02-2005, 09:41 AM
Bush is getting thanks from the gulf state governors and a bunch of military guys for all the good work he's been doing. I think it has to be one of the saddest displays of political grandstanding I've ever seen - with a bunch of back-slapping BS, third-grade explainations about how New Orleans flooded (!?), and statements about all the great work that's been done.

From a political standpoint Bush is embracing the PROBLEMS with the response in this press conference. This hurricane so completely wiped out the infrastructure of the area that it's next to impossible to react as quickly as some would like...and those that blame Bush for the destruction are idiots...but standing around saying you "congratulate the governors for being leaders" is just stupid.

I think the funniest/saddest part was when Bush said "out of the rubbles of Trent Lott's house, he lost his entire house, there's going to be a fantastic house...and I'm looking forward to sitting on his porch."

Mr. Laz
09-02-2005, 10:45 AM
i'm speechless

Brock
09-02-2005, 10:46 AM
political photo-op [/penchief]

StcChief
09-02-2005, 11:13 AM
third-grade explainations about how New Orleans flooded (!?)

Not sure most of America will be able to understand that either.

Calcountry
09-02-2005, 11:17 AM
I think Bush is on the bottle, I really do. That is why he holes up in Crawford so long, to dry out and not let the public see him in that state.

I wouldn't want the guys job, seriously. We all need to pull together and oar the boat in a straight line for a while.

Ugly Duck
09-02-2005, 11:48 AM
political photo-op [/penchief]Hey.... am I really that transparent?

Oh - you said "penchief.' Never mind....

jAZ
09-02-2005, 11:53 AM
Bush is getting thanks from the gulf state governors and a bunch of military guys for all the good work he's been doing. I think it has to be one of the saddest displays of political grandstanding I've ever seen - with a bunch of back-slapping BS, third-grade explainations about how New Orleans flooded (!?), and statements about all the great work that's been done.

From a political standpoint Bush is embracing the PROBLEMS with the response in this press conference. This hurricane so completely wiped out the infrastructure of the area that it's next to impossible to react as quickly as some would like...and those that blame Bush for the destruction are idiots...but standing around saying you "congratulate the governors for being leaders" is just stupid.

I think the funniest/saddest part was when Bush said "out of the rubbles of Trent Lott's house, he lost his entire house, there's going to be a fantastic house...and I'm looking forward to sitting on his porch."
I watched the same thing and had the same thoughts.

I certainly never expected you to be the one to mention it or bring it up. In large part because this is standard protocol for this administration. Every action is considered first along political lines, then along ideological lines and finally along public opinion lines. Finally along logical lines.

If you are just noticing this kind of priorities for the first time today, maybe because it was so vulgar and so obvious.

In either case, kudos to you for bringing it up.

Dartgod
09-02-2005, 12:11 PM
Every action is considered first along political lines, then along ideological lines and finally along public opinion lines. Finally along logical lines.
Ummmm, you need to take the blinders off, 'cause this is pretty much standard operating procedure for just about every politician out there...regardless of party affiliation.

I'm not defending Bush at all, it's pretty sickening, but you're kidding yourself if you think any other President wouldn't be doing the same thing.

ChiTown
09-02-2005, 12:14 PM
Stop the whining. This is exactly what every US President has ever done during a National Dissaster. The only difference is that today's President can be seen on 5000 different channels around the world, the "intranet", radio, newspaper, etc. etc.

Chill.

jAZ
09-02-2005, 12:22 PM
Ummmm, you need to take the blinders off, 'cause this is pretty much standard operating procedure for just about every politician out there...regardless of party affiliation.

I'm not defending Bush at all, it's pretty sickening, but you're kidding yourself if you think any other President wouldn't be doing the same thing.
Here's the thing... just about any other administration wouldn't be faced with political backpedaling and grand-standing that is necessary because they dropped the ball (yet again).

Sure Clinton would have been out there shaking hands and looking concerned. And I'm sure Bush is (or Clinton would be) genuinely concerned. They are both human and its bascially impossible to not feel for these people.

That said, the political grand-standing is yet another attempt to politically cover for a Bush administartion failure.

That's where these guys are unique. Not in their disire to cover up their failure. You are correct, that's very, very bi-partisan.

It's in their overwhelming lack of ability to handle complex situations in any way other than politically. Clinton, Bush 41, Reagan and Carter all would have handled this situation far better because they are miles more competetant than this group.

jAZ
09-02-2005, 12:23 PM
Stop the whining. This is exactly what every US President has ever done during a National Dissaster. The only difference is that today's President can be seen on 5000 different channels around the world, the "intranet", radio, newspaper, etc. etc.

Chill.
see below for clarification.

Frankie
09-02-2005, 12:30 PM
What a difference a year makes! A year ago he was in Florida rolling up his sleeves for the cameras and helping out with the hurricane aftermath there. You don't s'pose the upcoming election had anything to do with that sudden attack of humanitarian feelings, do you? :shake:

jAZ
09-02-2005, 12:32 PM
What a different a year makes! A year ago he was in Florida rolling up his sleeves for the cameras and helping out with the hurricane aftermath there. You don't s'pose the upcoming election had anything to do with that sudden attack of humanitarian feelings, do you? :shake:
Or the 57 uses of the phrase "compassion" (ie, "compassionate conservatives") in the strangest of places in his speech.

memyselfI
09-02-2005, 12:35 PM

You are joking. This is from a parody website, right?

jAZ
09-02-2005, 12:37 PM
You are joking. This is from a parody website, right?
Nope, his "id" slipped right out on national TV.

memyselfI
09-02-2005, 12:39 PM
Nope, his "id" slipped right out on national TV.

Gawd. :shake: :rolleyes: :cuss: :mad:

What a freakin moron.

jettio
09-02-2005, 02:46 PM

Wonder what Devil is in the details of that $10 billion emergency spending appropriation? :hmmm:

Trent Lott's new home is gotta gonna get to be on MTV Cribs.:rockon:

Goapics1
09-02-2005, 02:47 PM
Wonder what Devil is in the details of that $10 billion emergency spending appropriation? :hmmm:

Trent Lott's new home is gotta gonna get to be on MTV Cribs.:rockon:
ROFL

memyselfI
09-02-2005, 03:59 PM

OMG, the WH now has this quote on their transcript of the President's speech. They are so fuggin stoooopid they don't even realize how absurd this quote is.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/09/20050902-2.html

Logical
09-02-2005, 04:04 PM
Great thread Ringleader. Rep coming your way.:clap:

memyselfI
09-02-2005, 04:19 PM

And now, you too can experience the wonder of the disconnect and dereliction of duty.

Disconnected Dumbazz Video (http://www.bradblog.com/archives/00001792.htm)

Taco John
09-02-2005, 04:20 PM

From what I can see, he his hoping to get the popularity bounce that he got after 9/11, and figures the best way to do that is a bunch of photo ops that show him "hard at work." I pretty much see it the same way you see it. But I've been too busy reading all the conservatives being pissed off at the liberals for using this disaster as a political opportunity to say anything.

Good to see that you see through it, even when it's happening on your "side."

Taco John
09-02-2005, 04:27 PM

Holy cow! Is he drunk!?

NewChief
09-02-2005, 04:41 PM
"Can you hear me, now? Well, I guarantee that the Hurricane that did this will be hearing from all of us soon!"

memyselfI
09-02-2005, 05:04 PM
"Can you hear me, now? Well, I guarantee that the Hurricane that did this will be hearing from all of us soon!"

bahahahahha ROFL

Taco John
09-02-2005, 05:30 PM
It's embarassing that he ever said that, and then three years later, Osama Bin Ladin is campaigning for Bush on election eve.

jettio
09-02-2005, 10:21 PM
C-SPAN is now broadcasting an hour or so of Georgie's adventures today.

HolyHandgernade
09-03-2005, 12:03 AM
Did he really end that video clip with, "...now we're going to try and go comfort people in that part of the world"

It is still "our part of the world" isn't it? We're not putting together a foreign aide package are we? I have to agree, he seemed drunk, maybe just not enough sleep. I don't know, maybe I'm just looking for a target to blame as well seeing images you would expect to see "in that part of the world"...not this part...our part. Sorry, just venting.

-HH

Logical
09-03-2005, 12:17 AM
and now we are going to go try to comfort people in that part of the world.

Yep he is a jackass, it is our part of the world you dumbshit. Thanks for bringing this to my attention HHG.

penchief
09-03-2005, 06:36 AM
Yep he is a jackass.

Two things I've been right about from the start:

1. Larry Johnson
2. George W. Bush

The things I've been wrong about would be to lengthy to list.

the Talking Can
09-03-2005, 06:49 AM
it's clear why he never gives interviews, and rarely speaks without a script....they have to protect him from "speaking English like a normal human"

jcl-kcfan2
09-03-2005, 08:42 AM
Or the 57 uses of the phrase "compassion" (ie, "compassionate conservatives") in the strangest of places in his speech.

I feel your pain...

NewChief
09-03-2005, 09:30 AM
Here's another one. Evidently Bush had said that they had "zero tolerance" for looting, even if people were "looting" food and water. The press asked Mclellan to clarify that. Here's the response:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/09/20050901-2.html

Q Scott, do you cited the President's zero tolerance for insurance fraud, looting, price gouging. Does he make any allowance for people who have yet to receive aid who are taking things like water or food or shoes to walk among the debris?

MR. McCLELLAN: I think you heard from the President earlier today about his zero tolerance. We understand the need for food and water and supplies of that nature. That's why we have a massive effort underway to continue getting food and water and ice to those who are in need. There are ways for them to get that help. Looting is not the way for them to do it.

These people are pretty distanced from reality.

Taco John
09-03-2005, 09:57 AM
Hell, I don't care if people are looting food and water. I call that survival. It's the dudes looting pharmacies and furniture stores that I have a problem with.

NewChief
09-03-2005, 10:11 AM
Hell, I don't care if people are looting food and water. I call that survival. It's the dudes looting pharmacies and furniture stores that I have a problem with.

Exactly. Almost everyone on this board has said the same thing, distinguishing between "looting" food and water and looting for the hell of it. I guess the Administration does have issues with it, though.

nolimitpk
09-03-2005, 10:26 AM
Everything in that city will be written off. If they stopped worrying about the looting things would be much better. You need to realize that alot of these people have never had the oppurtunity to even see a TV outside a display case in a store. You need to know that these people have had zero to a small small chance of turning their lives into anything. I hope you know most of the homes they lived in you wouldnt even want to defacate in. I think that speaks volumes alone. But stealing is bad but in the state they are currently in let em have it. Insurance companies are paying for it all so who cares. Insurance companies are crooks so its just a payback on them. Most likely the people stealing the nonfood items are probably going to be the first to die from lack of food and or disease.

PRIEST
09-03-2005, 10:59 AM
http://gprime.net/video.php/presidentialspeechalist ROFL

Ari Chi3fs
09-03-2005, 12:33 PM
Two things I've been right about from the start:

1. Larry Johnson
2. George W. Bush

The things I've been wrong about would be to lengthy to list.

hahah... that owns.

Logical
09-03-2005, 08:09 PM
Hell, I don't care if people are looting food and water. I call that survival. It's the dudes looting pharmacies and furniture stores that I have a problem with.In all honesty as long as they are not interfering with the rescue efforts I would not even care about that. In the scope of things to worry about for the disaster management folks this is small potatos. Now the people shooting at relief workers need to be dealt with, with zero tolerance.

keg in kc
09-03-2005, 08:20 PM
I ask myself "WTF is Bush doing on TV?" pretty much every time Bush is on TV. I'd probably think him a much more effective leader if I never saw him, or heard him, or read anything he said.

Ultra Peanut
09-03-2005, 08:26 PM
http://bushlobster.ytmnd.com/

Bush is getting thanks from the gulf state governors and a bunch of military guys for all the good work he's been doing. I think it has to be one of the saddest displays of political grandstanding I've ever seen - with a bunch of back-slapping BS, third-grade explainations about how New Orleans flooded (!?), and statements about all the great work that's been done.Every politician who's appeared on TV in the past week has made me sick, aside from maybe the pissed-off "no more bullshit" Nagin. It's disgusting how self-congratulatory they all are in the midst of this cluster****.

I think the funniest/saddest part was when Bush said "out of the rubbles of Trent Lott's house, he lost his entire house, there's going to be a fantastic house...and I'm looking forward to sitting on his porch."Would that make him Lott's "porch monkey?"

Geddit? Everyone calls him a chimp? On a porch?

Please don't call in Trogdor the Banninator, I was just trying to be mildly humorous. 'Sides, if someone can compare me to a serial killer for--oh, nevermind...

Logical
09-03-2005, 11:04 PM
http://bushlobster.ytmnd.com/

Every politician who's appeared on TV in the past week has made me sick, aside from maybe the pissed-off "no more bullshit" Nagin. It's disgusting how self-congratulatory they all are in the midst of this cluster****.
:clap:
Would that make him Lott's "porch monkey?"

Geddit? Everyone calls him a chimp? On a porch?

Please don't call in Trogdor the Banninator, I was just trying to be mildly humorous. 'Sides, if someone can compare me to a serial killer for--oh, nevermind... ROFL

WoodDraw
09-03-2005, 11:13 PM
http://cagle.msnbc.com/working/050901/gorrell.gif

memyselfI
09-04-2005, 08:03 AM
I ask myself "WTF is Bush doing on TV?" pretty much every time Bush is on TV. I'd probably think him a much more effective leader if I never saw him, or heard him, or read anything he said.

What, you don't appreciate his concern about Trent Lott's house and his dream of sitting on the rebuilt porch? :shake:

Ultra Peanut
09-04-2005, 02:58 PM
The day Trent Lott's porch is rebuilt is the day America will have finally beaten the terrorists.

Duck Dog
09-04-2005, 03:09 PM
The day Trent Lott's porch is rebuilt is the day America will have finally beaten the terrorists.

I don't know which is funnier. This post or the one about the porch monkey.
ROFL

BigMeatballDave
09-04-2005, 06:05 PM

Holy cow! Is he drunk!?
ROFL

the Talking Can
09-04-2005, 06:11 PM
Why do Hurricanes hate America and love Terrorists?

Ultra Peanut
09-04-2005, 06:19 PM

Holy cow! Is he drunk!?Wow. Makes me think of a less articulate, more plastered Deputy Garcia from Reno 911!.

penchief
09-04-2005, 06:37 PM
Why do Hurricanes hate America and love Terrorists?

I don't know, why?