PDA

View Full Version : Posting on a BB isn't going to help the people of NO

Calcountry
09-02-2005, 12:51 PM
I strongly suggest that those of you who want to bitch about the lack of response find a way that you can help out with this thing. It is going to take a lot of sacraficial loving from all corners of our society, just to avert a humanitarian disaster of the type in the Tsunami. Do what you can. Donate money, time, materials, whatever. Just push back from the keyboard and get to it. This is pointless, I am done with it. I simply cannot take any more efforts and attempts by the left wingers to say, "I told you so about Iraq", or "we can't even take care of our own". Rubbish. What matters right now, is we pull together. This is a big test, I wonder, seriously, if the spoiled rotten baby boom generation is up to it.

Thats all for now. Good luck, and God bless your efforts.

Uatu
09-02-2005, 12:52 PM
What are you talking about? Postings on a message boards have helped solve all the great social debates of our time.

Plus, every time someone bitches about FEMA response, they release one dollar to the relief efforts. Keep those bitch-holes bitching!

memyselfI
09-02-2005, 12:52 PM
I strongly suggest that those of you who want to bitch about the lack of response find a way that you can help out with this thing. It is going to take a lot of sacraficial loving from all corners of our society, just to avert a humanitarian disaster of the type in the Tsunami. Do what you can. Donate money, time, materials, whatever. Just push back from the keyboard and get to it. This is pointless, I am done with it. I simply cannot take any more efforts and attempts by the left wingers to say, "I told you so about Iraq", or "we can't even take care of our own". Rubbish. What matters right now, is we pull together. This is a big test, I wonder, seriously, if the spoiled rotten baby boom generation is up to it.

Many of us already sent money. Thanks for the idea. You are four days late.

Area 51
09-02-2005, 12:54 PM
Many of us already sent money. Thanks for the idea. You are four days late.

So what did you send?

memyselfI
09-02-2005, 12:55 PM
So what did you send?

Money to the Red Cross. I'm also donating to the Humane Society.

Duck Dog
09-02-2005, 12:56 PM
I'll help with the rebuilding. Contract basis of course.

It's the least I can do.

RedDread
09-02-2005, 12:57 PM
Area 51's lead in questions crack me up...Yes let me answer them so you have something to berate me for!

Truly we are dealing with an internet mastermind :hmmm:

BIG_DADDY
09-02-2005, 12:57 PM

The Humane Society is a POS they are backing the dog legislation out here. They are as bad as PETA.

Duck Dog
09-02-2005, 12:58 PM

HSUS? I wish a life time of VD on them and anyone who supports them.

KCTitus
I disagree, turder...I think if people would just take heed of my solutions, things would suddenly get better.

jAZ
$500 left my pocket yesterday. That's a ton from me and my family right now. Those that are bitching about this situation are likely some of the least selfish on this board, IMO.

Duck Dog
The Humane Society is a POS they are backing the dog legislation out here. They are as bad as PETA.

Damn, beat me by a minute. I knew I shouldn't have edited out all the '**** yous'.

Duck Dog
09-02-2005, 01:00 PM
$500 left my pocket yesterday. That's a ton from me. Those that are bitching about this situation are likely some of the least selfish on this board, IMO.

What's that saying about a fool and his money?

jAZ
09-02-2005, 01:01 PM
What's that saying about a fool and his money?
Brilliant.

Now donations to charity for relief of the worst national disaster in our nation's history is whittled down to "fool(ish)".

You are a fuggin moron.

Unbelievable.

BIG_DADDY
09-02-2005, 01:01 PM

Don't forget to take credit for your donation to the Freedom Fighters Fund.

BIG_DADDY
09-02-2005, 01:02 PM
Damn, beat me by a minute. I knew I shouldn't have edited out all the '**** yous'. ROFL

jAZ
09-02-2005, 01:03 PM
You are a fuggin moron.

Unbelievable.
How did I miss this gem...
I'll help with the rebuilding. Contract basis of course.
I guess I shouldn't be so suprised.

Duck Dog
09-02-2005, 01:04 PM
Brilliant.

Now donations to charity for relief of the worst national disaster in our nation's history is whittled down to "fool(ish)".

You are a fuggin moron.

Unbelievable.

Not what I said, boy.

You said it was a ton of money for you. It is very foolish for you to put your finacial security at risk like that.

But hey, it's your money, do what you want. Fool.

BIG_DADDY
09-02-2005, 01:09 PM
Don't forget to take credit for your donation to the Freedom Fighters Fund. ROFL

Sometimes I crack myself up.

memyselfI
09-02-2005, 01:10 PM
So what did you send?

As much as I could afford at the moment, and you?

Area 51
09-02-2005, 01:12 PM
Area 51's lead in questions crack me up...Yes let me answer them so you have something to berate me for!

Truly we are dealing with an internet mastermind :hmmm:

On the contrary, I wouldn't berate meme, that would be redundant.

I have not given anything. Do I plan to? I dont' know.

Area 51
09-02-2005, 01:13 PM
As much as I could afford at the moment, and you?

I see you had to read a few posts so you could respond again and feel like you had backing!!! How funny!!

Duck Dog
09-02-2005, 01:17 PM
How did I miss this gem...

I guess I shouldn't be so suprised.

What? Do you think we should rebuild N.O. for nothing so someone else can get rich of the free labor?

You'll have to excuse me for being realistic and honest about the situation. If it makes you feel better by giving way more money than you can afford, then have at it.

BIG_DADDY
09-02-2005, 01:19 PM
What? Do you think we should rebuild N.O. for nothing so someone else can get rich of the free labor?

You'll have to excuse me for being realistic and honest about the situation. If it makes you feel better by giving way more money than you can afford, then have at it.

jaz was telling me he is like all rich and stuff.

memyselfI
09-02-2005, 01:25 PM
I see you had to read a few posts so you could respond again and feel like you had backing!!! How funny!!

What?

I gave as much money as I could afford to causes I feel are important in this disaster. $100.00 to ARC. I know much money will go to the aid for people so I'm not as motivated to any more money to help them as I am to help displaced animals. I've sent a small donation to HSUS ($25.00) and will send more next paycheck.

My kids are thinking of having a car wash or something else to raise money. I work for a small company so there is no chance for employee match but my husband was going to investigate that with his employer who has already donated truck loads of supplies to the area.

And you?

Duck Dog
09-02-2005, 01:26 PM

Really? Makes a guy wonder why he would call $500 a 'ton' of money for him.

You're not suggesting he lied, are you? :hmmm:

StcChief
09-02-2005, 02:38 PM
Right on. Go do something to donate/help in the effort.

You will feel better about the situation if you do.

Earthling
09-02-2005, 02:49 PM
My wife and I sent money to the Red Cross as well. If anyone wants to know how much we sent then you can suck my unit...Noneya.

MOhillbilly
09-02-2005, 02:49 PM

Did you donate to the N.O. or LA HSUS?Or national HSUS?

i seen a guy having to leave his dog behind and it reminded me of my puppy.
just more to pile on the heartache.

Chief Henry
09-02-2005, 02:53 PM

Its a typical liberal thing to brag about what they did or gave. It makes them feel good inside :harumph:

Area 51
09-02-2005, 02:55 PM
What?

I gave as much money as I could afford to causes I feel are important in this disaster. $100.00 to ARC. I know much money will go to the aid for people so I'm not as motivated to any more money to help them as I am to help displaced animals. I've sent a small donation to HSUS ($25.00) and will send more next paycheck.

My kids are thinking of having a car wash or something else to raise money. I work for a small company so there is no chance for employee match but my husband was going to investigate that with his employer who has already donated truck loads of supplies to the area.

And you?

Read post 21, asked and answered.

Ya gotta have it to give it.

Pitt Gorilla
09-02-2005, 03:03 PM
This thread is classic.

|Zach|
09-02-2005, 07:05 PM
Its a typical liberal thing to brag about what they did or gave. It makes them feel good inside :harumph:A person makes a thread about how people should give to the cause instead of posting about it on a BB. Someone that posts a lot says they have given. Another member asks more about it. He responds and gets this...

What a bullshit post Henry.

NewChief
09-02-2005, 07:52 PM
Sad sad sad.

SBK
09-02-2005, 08:04 PM
This thread would be better if someone could post a pic of a dog humping someones leg, cause that's about what's going on.

BigOlChiefsfan
09-02-2005, 08:05 PM
I got together with a few co-workers and asked my employer to match employee contributions, dollar for dollar. They agreed today, so that little effort paid off, hopefully to the tune of mucho simoleons. That feels good before I even write my check. We're going to do some fund-raisers at work, count it up all the shekels in a week or so.

I've had some GOOD times in NOLA, so I'd already set money aside waiting for this company match. I'm also working overtime during the holiday, just to donate the overtime pay. I can't go down and spend the weekend helping the refugees, but I can spend a little time right here doing what I'm good at, and use that $$$ to help. When life hands you lemons, you make a bunch of whiskey sours.

And you know what? I'm not spending ANY time getting mad about any one else's efforts. FEMA, Bush, Lex Luthor, lute-playing looters, Pat Robertson, Hugo Chavez...I ain't mad at nobody. I don't have time, I've got to squeeze in some more overtime. From each according to his means to slip a few bux to New Orleans. Where yat?

SBK
This thread would be better if someone could post a pic of a dog humping someones leg, cause that's about what's going on.

Free rep if said picture actually moves too!

memyselfI
Read post 21, asked and answered.

Ya gotta have it to give it.

I don't have it. I charged it to my credit card anyway.

NewChief
09-02-2005, 08:07 PM
I got together with a few co-workers and asked my employer to match employee contributions, dollar for dollar. They agreed today, so that little effort paid off, hopefully to the tune of mucho simoleons. That feels good before I even write my check. We're going to do some fund-raisers at work, count it up all the shekels in a week or so.

I've had some GOOD times in NOLA, so I'd already set money aside waiting for this company match. I'm also working overtime during the holiday, just to donate the overtime pay. I can't go down and spend the weekend helping the refugees, but I can spend a little time right here doing what I'm good at, and use that $$$ to help. When life hands you lemons, you make a bunch of whiskey sours.

And you know what? I'm not spending ANY time getting mad about any one else's efforts. FEMA, Bush, Lex Luthor, lute-playing looters, Pat Robertson, Hugo Chavez...I ain't mad at nobody. I don't have time, I've got to squeeze in some more overtime. From each according to his means to slip a few bux to New Orleans. Where yat?

Freaking awesome man. Good for you.
:clap:

nychief
09-02-2005, 08:25 PM

Bunny, I am sorry that you don't like the tone of conversation, but the president ****ed up big time, and to spin it that we this is only a partisan anger is idiotic. Watch the evening news, any channel and tell me it doesn't piss you off. I have donated money already to these poor people and am hosting a several fund raisers over the next few weeks that will raise more - so can the crap would ya. As I have often heard on the is board, if you don't like the thread - don't read it.

jettio
09-02-2005, 08:29 PM
Posting on a BB is not going to get Damon Huard's foot in the door in the furniture moving industry but that is worthwhile hope and one worth expressing.

memyselfI
09-02-2005, 08:33 PM
Posting on a BB is not going to get Damon Huard's foot in the door in the furniture moving industry but that is worthwhile hope and one worth expressing.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Likewise, it's not likely to get the Chiefs a playoff win either... ;)

the Talking Can
09-02-2005, 09:35 PM

If you had actually paid attention to the news, you'd find Republicans lined up criticizing the response of FEMA...as well as Republican pundits, and conservativce newspapers.

But you just turn on Rush Limbaugh and then come here and type whatever he says.....imagine how much you could have helped the people of New Orleans if you hadn't wasted your life listening to Rush Limbaugh.

This is a big test.

I wonder seriously if the spoiled rotten, hypocritical, compassionless Limbaugh generation is up to it.

Or will they continue to waste their lives with divorce and oxycontin binges??

WilliamTheIrish
09-02-2005, 09:54 PM
I absolutely don't believe some of the shiot I just read in this thread.

A guy pledged 500 smaks to relief and gets criticized?

jAz, BOCF and others actually renew my faith in my fellow man.
If you can't feel good when helping Americans in need, when the f*ck can you feel good?

dirk digler
09-02-2005, 09:57 PM
A person makes a thread about how people should give to the cause instead of posting about it on a BB. Someone that posts a lot says they have given. Another member asks more about it. He responds and gets this...

What a bullshit post Henry.

Totally agree Zach. Parker was right, the DC side is full of pieces of shit and it is pathetic that when someone donates money several members make insulting remarks.

I am very disappointed in my fellow Chiefs fans. :(

Calcountry
09-03-2005, 04:09 PM
Bunny, I am sorry that you don't like the tone of conversation, but the president ****ed up big time, and to spin it that we this is only a partisan anger is idiotic. Watch the evening news, any channel and tell me it doesn't piss you off. I have donated money already to these poor people and am hosting a several fund raisers over the next few weeks that will raise more - so can the crap would ya. As I have often heard on the is board, if you don't like the thread - don't read it.Good for you man. I was merely trying to suggest, that there may be a more productive way to channel ones time, treasure, and talents than showing the millions of ways that Bush, your words, "Fu*ked up".

Bush got out in the Gulf and BLOWED.

Bush told all those people to live there. Bush told them to stay there when everyone said GET OUT. Bush told the thugs to murder and rape.

Yes my friend, BUSH FU**ED up alright.

whoman69
09-03-2005, 05:48 PM
Every time the Bush administration fugs up another thing, the right always says this isn't the time to discuss such things. When is it going to be time? If we wait until the furor over this dies out, then once again we will find the administration doing nothing. Everything is okie dokey is their warped little world.

whoman69
09-03-2005, 06:13 PM
Good for you man. I was merely trying to suggest, that there may be a more productive way to channel ones time, treasure, and talents than showing the millions of ways that Bush, your words, "Fu*ked up".

Bush told all those people to live there. Bush told them to stay there when everyone said GET OUT. Bush told the thugs to murder and rape.

Yes my friend, BUSH FU**ED up alright.
Yes, Bush f'd it up again. He wants to blame the disaster on people who are too old or poor to get out of the way of the hurricane. He took FEMA and put it under Homeland Security and switched their role from disaster relief to terrorist response. FEMA is being headed by someone whose whole work history involves being in charge of a horses. You can't tell me it takes five days to get food into a disaster area. Funny how there weren't these problems in Florida when it was an election year.

tahnikijakaba
09-03-2005, 06:21 PM
You can't tell me it takes five days to get food into a disaster area. Funny how there weren't these problems in Florida when it was an election year.

I don't recall the Floridians shooting at the emergency response helos either.

Logical
09-03-2005, 07:49 PM
I have avoided this thread but what on earth makes you believe that people that are complaining are not also doing something, whether it be volunteering in phone banks or giving monetarily?

Logical
09-03-2005, 07:50 PM
Every time the Bush administration fugs up another thing, the right always says this isn't the time to discuss such things. When is it going to be time? If we wait until the furor over this dies out, then once again we will find the administration doing nothing. Everything is okie dokey is their warped little world.
When a place like Kansas City gets nuked because of the administration's incompetence, then maybe it will be time.

Pitt Gorilla
09-03-2005, 10:17 PM
I absolutely don't believe some of the shiot I just read in this thread.

A guy pledged 500 smaks to relief and gets criticized?

jAz, BOCF and others actually renew my faith in my fellow man.
If you can't feel good when helping Americans in need, when the f*ck can you feel good?
:clap:

go bowe
09-04-2005, 12:25 AM
. . .I wonder, seriously, if the spoiled rotten baby boom generation is up to it.
* * *hey, i am a boomer fan...

and i'm not rotten...

well, not completely... :D :D :D

go bowe
09-04-2005, 12:43 AM
Good for you man. I was merely trying to suggest, that there may be a more productive way to channel ones time, treasure, and talents than showing the millions of ways that Bush, your words, "Fu*ked up".

Yes my friend, BUSH FU**ED up alright.bush is da debil...

Calcountry
09-07-2005, 04:35 PM
When a place like Kansas City gets nuked because of the administration's incompetence, then maybe it will be time.What time will it be? To indiscriminantly kill our enemies without first calling in to HQ to see if it is PC to smoke em?

Perhaps we could round up some people who fit the profile, and put them in Gtmo? No, that would be racist. Who is tying who's hand here?

I gave up on this shit because they wouldn't let Bush kill the enemy. Why the fug should I give a damn about this country when everyone just wants to bring down the President during a time of war.

Don't even go there about him being a dictator, we already had one of those, and his name was FDR. If he wouldn't have croaked, he would still be in office.

Seriously, why should I give a fug? IMO, the liberals in the schools, the courts, and the media have long ago fugged up the "America" that I grew up in and loved. Nothing that you say will change my mind, so don't even waste your breath.

Bring on the football season, it will help me escape from all this political BS once again. It never fails. Just click over to 206 and its good times. Fug all this chit, Fug it!

After I am dead, please tell me I am wrong then. In the meantime, stay the fug out of my way.

Saulbadguy
09-07-2005, 04:38 PM
ROFL

Calcountry
09-07-2005, 04:48 PM
ROFLI've been a little constipated lately.

Thanks for letting me take the edge off.

Adept Havelock
09-07-2005, 04:59 PM
Seriously, why should I give a fug? IMO, the liberals in the schools, the courts, and the media have long ago fugged up the "America" that I grew up in and loved. Nothing that you say will change my mind, so don't even waste your breath.

Yep, it's all the fault of those damn libbies who have held so much political power in Washington these last few years.

IMO the problem is'nt just the Left or the Right, but the idiots that believe that slapping on the label "conservative" or "liberal" automatically invalidate someones ideas.

Extremists are usually the one that cause problems. Right or Left.

Why should you give a fug? I don't know. Perhaps because you live in this country?

Logical
09-07-2005, 05:01 PM
What time will it be? To indiscriminantly kill our enemies without first calling in to HQ to see if it is PC to smoke em?

Perhaps we could round up some people who fit the profile, and put them in Gtmo? No, that would be racist. Who is tying who's hand here?

I gave up on this shit because they wouldn't let Bush kill the enemy. Why the fug should I give a damn about this country when everyone just wants to bring down the President during a time of war.

Don't even go there about him being a dictator, we already had one of those, and his name was FDR. If he wouldn't have croaked, he would still be in office.

Bring on the football season, it will help me escape from all this political BS once again. It never fails. Just click over to 206 and its good times. Fug all this chit, Fug it!

After I am dead, please tell me I am wrong then. In the meantime, stay the fug out of my way.

ROFL great rant, I really don't follow most of it, especially how it relates to my post you quoted but damn fine rant.:thumb:

Calcountry
09-07-2005, 05:09 PM
ROFL great rant, I really don't follow most of it, especially how it relates to my post you quoted but damn fine rant.:thumb:The only way it relates, is that the Nuke that we all hope never happens, that you referred to, would be blamed on Bush. Just like every other fuggin thing that is blamed on him.

I mean, the rapes in the Dome were his fault, if he would have got the choppers there quicker, the animals would have been unable to drop their baggy pants that fast.

Thats all. I just don't see how a 'cane is anyones fault. I am disappointed by the lack of response as well, but the real damage here was the levies breaking. Its the big easy, they took a lax attitude to the thing and it bit em in the butt. Its time to move forward together on this thing. We can point fingers a few months from now. But the left is OH SO eager to jump on Bush's shit at the first sign anything goes wrong, rightly or wrongly deserved, they still jump on his shit just as soon as he farts they are standing there with the match lit hoping it will explode.

Thank you for letting me get that poop out, I feel much better now. :D

Calcountry
09-07-2005, 05:12 PM
Yep, it's all the fault of those damn libbies who have held so much political power in Washington these last few years.

IMO the problem is'nt just the Left or the Right, but the idiots that believe that slapping on the label "conservative" or "liberal" automatically invalidate someones ideas.

Extremists are usually the one that cause problems. Right or Left.

Why should you give a fug? I don't know. Perhaps because you live in this country?Taxation without representation. Sorry, that isn't a valid reason to care.

Adept Havelock
09-07-2005, 05:16 PM
Taxation without representation. Sorry, that isn't a valid reason to care.

I, for one, am glad our founding fathers did not share your sentiment. JMO.

Calcountry
09-07-2005, 05:24 PM
I, for one, am glad our founding fathers did not share your sentiment. JMO.The founding fathers would have revoted by now.

They would say, "hey, isn't this place just like England?"

mlyonsd
09-07-2005, 05:35 PM
The founding fathers would have revoted by now.

They would say, "hey, isn't this place just like England?"

They would have done that long before Bush.

Calcountry
09-07-2005, 06:12 PM
The founding fathers would have revoted by now.

They would say, "hey, isn't this place just like England?"I guess that was a freudian slip.

hehe. I ment to say, Revolted.