PDA

View Full Version : More heresy from me, time for a National Disaster Relief Tax !!!

Logical
09-02-2005, 10:30 PM
Sign me up as a supporter.

Earthling
09-02-2005, 10:39 PM
Thats a tax that I could live with...

WilliamTheIrish
09-02-2005, 10:44 PM
We already had one.

It was the Super (slush) Fund.

Chiefnj
09-02-2005, 10:45 PM
It would be subject to too much abuse. Lots of millionaires continually build expensive homes on the midatlantic shoreline. I don't want my tax dollars going to pay for beach replenishment, sea walls, etc., to protect or help rebuild their homes.

Hydrae
09-02-2005, 10:47 PM
If you want to rework the budget to prepare for these kinds of issues, fine. More taxes on my poor ass? I don't think so!

Logical
09-02-2005, 11:02 PM
If you want to rework the budget to prepare for these kinds of issues, fine. More taxes on my poor ass? I don't think so!We either need to pull out of Iraq or institute new taxes, you can make the choice. I think both would probably be a good idea.

Logical
09-03-2005, 07:32 PM
What no one else is willing to admit we need more taxes in the face of this unmitigated disaster?

WoodDraw
09-03-2005, 07:51 PM
I'd rather stop spending money on nonessential things instead but that has little chance of happening.

mlyonsd
09-03-2005, 08:09 PM
What no one else is willing to admit we need more taxes in the face of this unmitigated disaster?

I already have on another thread.

Logical
09-03-2005, 08:12 PM
I'd rather stop spending money on nonessential things instead but that has little chance of happening.Yes I have given up hope on true budget cuts.

SBK
09-03-2005, 08:12 PM

No, we're overtaxed now. Actually, our over taxes are overtaxed.

Logical
09-03-2005, 08:26 PM
No, we're overtaxed now. Actually, our over taxes are overtaxed.Actually, factually based we are undertaxed based on expenditures and compared to all other major economic countries in the world.

memyselfI
09-03-2005, 08:29 PM
We either need to pull out of Iraq or institute new taxes, you can make the choice. I think both would probably be a good idea.

Pull out of Iraq...

enough of my tax dollars have been wasted there. Send them to the South.

Logical
09-03-2005, 08:33 PM
Pull out of Iraq...

enough of my tax dollars have been wasted there. Send them to the South.I completely agree as my other thread states. I just think we need this additional tax as well.

Boyceofsummer
09-03-2005, 09:32 PM
the more you use, the more you pay.

Logical
09-03-2005, 10:23 PM
the more you use, the more you pay.An Energy consumption tax sounds like a good place to start.

mlyonsd
09-03-2005, 10:35 PM
It's time to start taxing companies that use out of country workers to produce products that are imported back into the US.

Logical
09-03-2005, 10:39 PM
It's time to start taxing companies that use out of country workers to produce products that are imported back into the US.Well of course they are already taxed. So I am assuming you mean some sort of excise tax on the employ paid wages to foreign workers. Or do you mean something else?

mlyonsd
09-03-2005, 10:44 PM
Well of course they are already taxed. So I am assuming you mean some sort of excise tax on the employ paid wages to foreign workers. Or do you mean something else?

I mean to tax imports to a point where workers here at home become equal. Yea I feel real bad for Wal-Mart (I hope those traitors die a slow death).

KCFalcon59
09-03-2005, 11:23 PM
It's a perfect time to cut taxes. IMO

Logical
09-03-2005, 11:34 PM
I mean to tax imports to a point where workers here at home become equal. Yea I feel real bad for Wal-Mart (I hope those traitors die a slow death).That will never work because it creates a trade war we cannot possibly win with our massive trade deficits.

SBK
09-03-2005, 11:57 PM
That will never work because it creates a trade war we cannot possibly win with our massive trade deficits.

Example. Did you know when Daimler Benz and Chrysler merged, they became a German company because being based in Germany saved them 22% on each vehicle in taxes?

An American company that does business overseas pays taxes over there, and then the US gov't gets their hands on the overseas profits and taxes them over here too.

Any company based in America is at a distinct, and huge, disadvantage to one that is based overseas.

Ugly Duck
09-04-2005, 02:29 AM
Bushron doesn't do normal taxes, they do deferred taxes. They institute "tax cuts" by ballooning the national debt to cover the deficit. But guess what kinda money will have to be raised to repay all that borrowing? Thats right - tax dollars. So they ain't really cutting taxes, they're just deferring them for us to pay later. The cost for creating an Islamic Theocracy in Iraq? No problem - just tack it onto the national debt! So much for the "war is expensive" myth. The cost for rebuilding New Orleans? No problem - just defer the tax hit for some other administration to pay off! Thats what we call "fiscal responsibility" and "conservatism."

Boyceofsummer
09-04-2005, 02:55 AM
Bushron doesn't do normal taxes, they do deferred taxes. They institute "tax cuts" by ballooning the national debt to cover the deficit. But guess what kinda money will have to be raised to repay all that borrowing? Thats right - tax dollars. So they ain't really cutting taxes, they're just deferring them for us to pay later. The cost for creating an Islamic Theocracy in Iraq? No problem - just tack it onto the national debt! So much for the "war is expensive" myth. The cost for rebuilding New Orleans? No problem - just defer the tax hit for some other administration to pay off! Thats what we call "fiscal responsibility" and "conservatism."

I hope the next administration piles on this gloating POS excuse of leadership. History will not be kind to 'W' and his followers.