PDA

View Full Version : Kanye West drops a bomb at the Hurricane relief concert...

Mecca
09-02-2005, 09:38 PM
Here is the transcript, I'm sure some videos of this will be coming out....

Fuller transcript from Tracy Joan, Daily Kos of Kanye West at the NBC Concert for Hurricane Katrina Relief:

Mike Meyers reads off prompter switches to black singer, Kanye West:

I hate the way they portray us in the media.

If you see a black family it says they are looting if you see a white family it says they are looking for food.

And you know that its been 5 days because most of the people are black and even for me to complain I would be a hypocrite because I would turn away from the TV because its too hard to watch. Ive even been shopping before giving a donation and so right now Im calling my business manager what is the biggest amount I can give.

And just to imagine if I was down there, those are my people down there. So anybody out there who wants to help with the set up, the way that America is set up to help The poor, the black people, the less well off as slow as possible. I mean, Red Cross is doing everything they can.

We already realize alot of the people that could help are at war now fighting another way and theyve given them permission to go down and shoot us.

(Mike Meyers tries to get back on prompter, reads from script and then camera cuts back to Kanye. He pauses before

Kanye West: George Bush doesnt care about black people.

Then camera abruptly switches to another black actor, Chris Tucker who dutifully reads off prompter

the Talking Can
09-02-2005, 09:39 PM
he'd be correct if he'd said Reagan...oh well

Bwana
09-02-2005, 09:43 PM
he'd be correct if he'd said Reagan...oh well

I agree Can, dead people don't give a fug as far as I know. :hmmm:

BigRock
It was hilarious... Kanye looked like a complete idiot. 2 different news services had 2 different captions, so the President hates black people.

Hydrae
We already realize alot of the people that could help are at war now fighting another way and theyve given them permission to go down and shoot us.

I might have more sympathy if there weren't people shooting at the helicopters trying to rescue them in the first place.

ZootedGranny
09-02-2005, 09:44 PM
http://www.pixelmd.com/KanyeBenefit.wmv

http://s45.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2J7MG4BKG28OA1LNA8TJV5RNY0

Bwana
09-02-2005, 09:45 PM
I might have more sympathy if there weren't people shooting at the helicopters trying to rescue them in the first place.

Ding ding ding!

J Diddy
09-02-2005, 09:46 PM
I see the future. I see this going to DC real soon.

nychief
09-02-2005, 09:48 PM
here watch it:
http://media.putfile.com/Kanye79

Chiefs Pantalones
09-02-2005, 09:50 PM
I see the future. I see this going to DC real soon.

The force is strong in this one...

HolmeZz
09-02-2005, 09:51 PM
Hilarious.

Hydrae
09-02-2005, 09:56 PM
I bet Meyers went off on him when they off the air!

Valiant
09-02-2005, 10:02 PM
That guy is so elouqent(sp?)... How the **** does he write music and rap??? Seriously he "looked a fool..."

chiefs4me
09-02-2005, 10:04 PM
Everyones emotions are running high right now, people are saying and doing things they wouldn't normally say or do....

Bwana
09-02-2005, 10:08 PM
That guy is so elouqent(sp?)... How the **** does he write music and rap??? Seriously he "looked a fool..."

I just watched the video, just wow.

BigRedChief
09-02-2005, 10:12 PM
Who's Kanye West? and why should I care?

Logical
09-02-2005, 10:12 PM
Kanye has a point blacks are looting, whites are finding bread and sodas.

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2005/09/01/photo_controversy/story.jpg

Reaper16
09-02-2005, 10:13 PM
In related news, "Late Registration" is worth picking up next time you're at Target or Best Buy.

jspchief
09-02-2005, 10:15 PM
They need to put that on a t-shirt

"George Bush hates black people"

nychief
09-02-2005, 10:17 PM
Who's Kanye West? and why should I care?

He is gov. of colorado.

Valiant
09-02-2005, 10:20 PM
Kanye has a point blacks are looting, whites are finding bread and sodas.

IMO if you are breaking in to stores to get food... Great it is life-saving, the people need it... The people breaking in and stealing non-life essentials items(tv's computers) it is looting....

Oregon chief
09-02-2005, 10:20 PM
what an idiot

Valiant
09-02-2005, 10:21 PM
In related news, "Late Registration" is worth picking up next time you're at Target or Best Buy.

Well hopefully he donates all the profit, because it has been selling like crack up here....

chappy
09-02-2005, 10:21 PM
what was with the stuttering he could of at least made himself sound cool like diddy

Bwana
09-02-2005, 10:23 PM
The problem with shooting off your mouth like that is it is not exactly going to inspire anyone that supports bush to open their wallets to the cause.

ZootedGranny
09-02-2005, 10:25 PM

http://i20.ebayimg.com/01/i/04/d7/2b/af_1_b.JPG

ARROW2
09-02-2005, 10:26 PM
The problem with shooting off your mouth like that is it is not exactly going to inspire anyone that supports bush to open their wallets to the cause.

Why? The truth hurts?

the Talking Can
09-02-2005, 10:29 PM

i think i saw it spray painted on the side of Air Force One....

Bwana
09-02-2005, 10:31 PM
Why? The truth hurts?
I have no idea if it's "the truth" or not, but if you are trying to raise cash for a cause, marketing 101 would dictate that you don't piss off half of your Potential contribution base.

Logical
09-02-2005, 10:32 PM
IMO if you are breaking in to stores to get food... Great it is life-saving, the people need it... The people breaking in and stealing non-life essentials items(tv's computers) it is looting....I agree but on the Bill Maher show you could clearly see that there were photos captioned where blacks simply had food and drink and were labeled as looting. While the white people were labeled as obtaining food and drink. My friend that is clearly racism.

chagrin
09-02-2005, 10:38 PM
"Ive even been shopping before giving a donation and so right now Im calling my business manager what is the biggest amount I can give."

That's all you need to know about him

SBK
09-02-2005, 10:38 PM
I agree but on the Bill Maher show you could clearly see that there were photos captioned where blacks simply had food and drink and were labeled as looting. While the white people were labeled as obtaining food and drink. My friend that is clearly racism.

Which was perpetrated by George W. Bush. He should be impeached for it too! ROFL

OPChief
09-02-2005, 10:41 PM
Somebody bitchslap this dude. He needs to shut up. How can there be people this stupid?

Pitt Gorilla
09-02-2005, 10:47 PM
If he causes people not to donate, I'm not sure what the people were donating for in the first place.

Logical
09-02-2005, 10:50 PM
Which was perpetrated by George W. Bush. He should be impeached for it too! ROFLOnce again you display why your username is particularly apropos.

Here is the Kanye West quote I was defending dumbass.

I hate the way they portray us in the media.

If you see a black family it says they are looting if you see a white family it says they are looking for food.

Valiant
09-02-2005, 10:51 PM
I agree but on the Bill Maher show you could clearly see that there were photos captioned where blacks simply had food and drink and were labeled as looting. While the white people were labeled as obtaining food and drink. My friend that is clearly racism.

NO, no I am not saying as a racial issue... I am saying as a whole, I agree it was wrong to say black people getting food is looting... I am saying the only thing that should be considered looting is electronics... That was straight up a racist comment on the picture, I was not doubting that...

Valiant
09-02-2005, 10:54 PM
Quote:I hate the way they portray us in the media.

You, know the mtv videos of sling'n dope, have crazy sex with multiple women, spending 35k on some 23" wheels...You know the way the media be portraying us...

I think perpetual is a good word for him...

BigRock
09-02-2005, 10:58 PM

It is not clearly racism, because the two captions come from two different news outlets. Notice the "AP" next to the one about the black guy looting? It's from the AP. Notice the "AFP" next to the one about the white people? It's from the AFP. Two different captions from two completely different sources.

How do you know the AP didn't also say "looting" on pictures of white people? How do you know the AFP didn't also say "finding" on pictures of black people? You can't compare one against the other and declare "racism". Who's being racist? The AP for saying a black guy is looting? The AFP for downplaying what the white people did?

It's stupid.

Reaper16
09-02-2005, 11:02 PM

You, know the mtv videos of sling'n dope, have crazy sex with multiple women, spending 35k on some 23" wheels...You know the way the media be portraying us...

If it's any credit to him, his latest video is about the child labor-run diamond industry in African countries. (The song "Diamonds from Sierra Leone")

FRCDFED
09-02-2005, 11:04 PM
The sad reality of the entire situation is that while many families lost everything there are those who invested in oil stock that are getting rich.

Maybe we should ask those who profited from the tragedy to donate their earnings to the relief effort.

Bwana
09-02-2005, 11:06 PM
If he causes people not to donate, I'm not sure what the people were donating for in the first place.

Really? If one is trying to raise cash for a cause, marketing 101 would dictate that you don't piss off half of your Potential contribution base. Kanye West may have done just that, hence losing money for the cause by running his pie hole.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-02-2005, 11:06 PM
If it's any credit to him, his latest video is about the child labor-run diamond industry in African countries. (The song "Diamonds from Sierra Leone")

Plasma TVs are foreverrrrr...

Shoot at the helicopter in the sky, if you feel my vibe...

forever-ever, ever, ever forever, ever, ever ever...ever ever.

Reaper16
09-02-2005, 11:08 PM
Plasma TVs are foreverrrrr...

Shoot at the helicopter in the sky, if you feel my vibe...

forever-ever, ever, ever forever, ever, ever ever...ever ever.

heh-heh.

Logical
09-02-2005, 11:08 PM
It is not clearly racism, because the two captions come from two different news outlets. Notice the "AP" next to the one about the black guy looting? It's from the AP. Notice the "AFP" next to the one about the white people? It's from the AFP. Two different captions from two completely different sources.

How do you know the AP didn't also say "looting" on pictures of white people? How do you know the AFP didn't also say "finding" on pictures of black people? You can't compare one against the other and declare "racism". Who's being racist? The AP for saying a black guy is looting? The AFP for downplaying what the white people did?

It's stupid.Actually Mahers were both from the same source as I recall. Either way one of the orgs is guilty of racism. Cleary taking food and drink to survive is not looting under any circumstance.

Besides look at the third picture, it is from AP with white dudes who are simply jumping through a window at a convenience store not looting.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-02-2005, 11:11 PM
heh-heh.

Thanks. :)

That's a good song though, btw. Good beat. Kanye flows pretty good.

Logical
09-02-2005, 11:12 PM
Really? If one is trying to raise cash for a cause, marketing 101 would dictate that you don't piss off half of your Potential contribution base. Kanye West may have done just that, hence losing money for the cause by running his pie hole.I agree if the the people won't donate over something so inconsequential most likely they were not going to anyway and were just looking for an excuse to be chickenshits (my words)

Reaper16
09-02-2005, 11:15 PM
I agree if the the people won't donate over something so inconsequential most likely they were not going to anyway and were just looking for an excuse to be chickenshits (my words)

Yeah, really.
"I was going to donate this money to the extremely needy in the Gulf Coast, but this man's opinion has soured me on the idea." Total BS attitude to take; one that I don't think many will take.

ChiefFripp
09-02-2005, 11:16 PM
The sad reality of the entire situation is that while many families lost everything there are those who invested in oil stock that are getting rich.

Maybe we should ask those who profited from the tragedy to donate their earnings to the relief effort.
But then they wouldn't be profiting. No, no, that simply will not do.

chagrin
09-02-2005, 11:17 PM

That is a very good point, but you know the response to that...

Allow me:

"That's just what we do in the music videos, it is not what we are representin' in society, just for show - that's all"

And when they get pissed at anyone for holding them responsible for children mimicing the videos it's always - "Freedom of speech, don't blame us."

An Open message to the Planet:

I am tired of people here having to hide their heads in shame for fear of being lashed out at by people claiming this whole thing is a racist issue.

For the idiots online here that have no idea about Louisiana politics, I am a native Louisianian. I have been educated in the scene since I was 10 years old. White people and Black people alike have been broke, save a VERY small percentage of folks who live there, since the oil market crashed in the 80s. All politicians in Louisiana are crooks, this is a state like no other, the corruption goes so deep you can't possibly begin to imagine.

This mayor, and his predecessor, and his - could have ALL prepared for the worst, instead of rousting local business men and women for a few thousand dollars for a work permit to add on to their house or business(a friend of mine owns a bar in the french quarter, Donna's bar and grill on Rampart, or what's left of it, and I know all the fugging stories, not to mention I grew up there and know all about it) shaking down regular business men and women for protection money from an invisible mafia or taking money from the highway fund and preparedness fund! Going back to 1977, every single Governor and Insurance Commissioner, Sec of State, etc have been investigated for possible fraud and several indicted and removed from office. One or two didn't even have to go to jail because of who they knew, even after being found guilty in a court of law!

QUIT ****ING BLAMING WHITE PEOPLE AND PRESIDENT BUSH ONLY!

You are clueless and have no idea of what you speak. You are not from there and you don't know how ****ing corrupt these people are, period!
White, Black, it doesn't ****ing matter!

I must go now, I am just so tired of hearing this. It's a nightmare. My mother's coffin is probably floating around the city somewhere and people I don't even know are shooting each other because they are panicking, not because a white guy or the President only, didn't do something.

Neg rep the hell out of me for this, I don't give a shit!

BigRock
09-02-2005, 11:25 PM
Either way one of the orgs is guilty of racism.No, they aren't. To even suggest that, aside from what I've already explained, assumes that the photographers who were there and took the pictures can't place their photos into any context.

The photographer who took the AP "looting" photo has stated that he SAW the guy looting. Thus, the caption said "looting". What is racist about that? Nothing. The photographer who took the AFP "finding" picture has stated that the people were in chest-deep water while things were floating out from a flooded grocery store. He assumed they "found" them, but either way, since he didn't see them loot anything he couldn't call them "looters". What is racist about that? Nothing.

wutamess
09-02-2005, 11:26 PM
That is a very good point, but you know the response to that...

Allow me:

"That's just what we do in the music videos, it is not what we are representin' in society, just for show - that's all"

And when they get pissed at anyone for holding them responsible for children mimicing the videos it's always - "Freedom of speech, don't blame us."

An Open message to the Planet:

I am tired of people here having to hide their heads in shame for fear of being lashed out at by people claiming this whole thing is a racist issue.

For the idiots online here that have no idea about Louisiana politics, I am a native Louisianian. I have been educated in the scene since I was 10 years old. White people and Black people alike have been broke, save a VERY small percentage of folks who live there, since the oil market crashed in the 80s. All politicians in Louisiana are crooks, this is a state like no other, the corruption goes so deep you can't possibly begin to imagine.

This mayor, and his predecessor, and his - could have ALL prepared for the worst, instead of rousting local business men and women for a few thousand dollars for a work permit to add on to their house or business(a friend of mine owns a bar in the french quarter, Donna's bar and grill on Rampart, or what's left of it, and I know all the fugging stories, not to mention I grew up there and know all about it) shaking down regular business men and women for protection money from an invisible mafia or taking money from the highway fund and preparedness fund! Going back to 1977, every single Governor and Insurance Commissioner, Sec of State, etc have been investigated for possible fraud and several indicted and removed from office. One or two didn't even have to go to jail because of who they knew, even after being found guilty in a court of law!

QUIT ****ING BLAMING WHITE PEOPLE AND PRESIDENT BUSH ONLY!

You are clueless and have no idea of what you speak. You are not from there and you don't know how ****ing corrupt these people are, period!
White, Black, it doesn't ****ing matter!

I must go now, I am just so tired of hearing this. It's a nightmare. My mother's coffin is probably floating around the city somewhere and people I don't even know are shooting each other because they are panicking, not because a white guy or the President only, didn't do something.

Neg rep the hell out of me for this, I don't give a shit!

I think you need a hug....

Group hug!!! :hump:

Logical
09-02-2005, 11:27 PM
No, they aren't. To even suggest that, aside from what I've already explained, assumes that the photographers who were there and took the pictures can't place their photos into any context.

The photographer who took the AP "looting" photo has stated that he SAW the guy looting. Thus, the caption said "looting". What is racist about that? Nothing. The photographer who took the AFP "finding" picture has stated that the people were in chest-deep water while things were floating out from a flooded grocery store. He assumed they "found" them, but either way, since he didn't see them loot anything he couldn't call them "looters". What is racist about that? Nothing.Don't look now but if you cannot see it your own racism is showing. I hate ignorance, I hate racist ignorance even more. You are worthy of all my hatred.

BigRock
09-02-2005, 11:31 PM
Don't look now but if you cannot see it your own racism is showing. I hate ignorance, I hate racist ignorance even more. You are worthy of all my hatred.
Congratulations on being a complete ****ing idiot. Kanye West would be proud.

PS, unless you're unable to comprehend something unless you hear it on "the Bill Maher show" first, you can read this bit from Snopes that explains everything I already did.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/katrina/looters.asp

Ultra Peanut
09-02-2005, 11:47 PM
Kanyeeze, you did it again! You a genius, nigga!

Chiefs Pantalones
09-02-2005, 11:53 PM
nigga!

Now I ain't saying Bush is an oil digga, but he ain't likin' us broke....(insert word from above)

---he steals our money...when we're in need....yeah he's a triflin'....prez indeed....he's an oil digga...yeah an oil digga...

Reaper16
09-03-2005, 12:35 AM
Now I ain't saying Bush is an oil digga, but he ain't likin' us broke....(insert word from above)

---he steals our money...when we're in need....yeah he's a triflin'....prez indeed....he's an oil digga...yeah an oil digga...

lol, might as well parody the entire album. :)

beavis
09-03-2005, 12:42 AM
I think this is why he raps.

Phobia
09-03-2005, 12:48 AM
I don't know who the dude is nor do I really care, but he looked like a special needs individual on that video next ti Myers. I'm not saying that to be nasty. He did not function like a normal person to me.

Taco John
09-03-2005, 01:23 AM
Kanye West isn't the brightest bulb, is he?

nolimitpk
09-03-2005, 01:42 AM
President Clinton had set up to spend a large sum of money on research to develope a better levy there. Unfotunately Mr. George W SUCK A HUGE COCK Bush cut that funding in half. Instead to pass a bill to put trees on the highway medians in Alaska. To name bridges after crooked ****ing republicans.

First off I dont think alot of you know what Kanye is about. He isn't your typical rapper. He speaks on real life issues and has a clean mind. He isn't that thugged out stereotypical rapper. He has alot of emotion and is extremely humble. Kanye had alot of balls to do what he did. He was truly speaking from the heart. If you saw his mouth quiver he had raw emotion running through him. He was about to break down. I dont know about you people but thinking about this situation down there has had me close to breaking down several times. Kanye made a great point and hopefully it will send a message. Anyone who thinks W really cares about blacks is stupid. I remember Bill kissing a small black child on the head right out of a crowd of supporters. Bush would rather die then do such a thing. The hurricane is not his fault but his actions were very slow. His recent comments on the situation are much like Madden on a Monday night game. Pathetic. Funny to listen to when it's not costing lives. Horrible when it is.

stumppy
09-03-2005, 01:50 AM
NEWS FLASH:

Politicians have discovered the secret to capturing the minority vote.

Pick any small minority child out of a crowd and kiss it on the head.

Whoda thunk ????

BigMeatballDave
09-03-2005, 02:20 AM
I don't know who the dude is nor do I really care, but he looked like a special needs individual on that video next ti Myers. I'm not saying that to be nasty. He did not function like a normal person to me."Hooked on Phonics" worked for me...

BigMeatballDave
09-03-2005, 02:21 AM
President Clinton had set up to spend a large sum of money on research to develope a better levy there. Unfotunately Mr. George W SUCK A HUGE COCK Bush cut that funding in half. Instead to pass a bill to put trees on the highway medians in Alaska. To name bridges after crooked ****ing republicans.

First off I dont think alot of you know what Kanye is about. He isn't your typical rapper. He speaks on real life issues and has a clean mind. He isn't that thugged out stereotypical rapper. He has alot of emotion and is extremely humble. Kanye had alot of balls to do what he did. He was truly speaking from the heart. If you saw his mouth quiver he had raw emotion running through him. He was about to break down. I dont know about you people but thinking about this situation down there has had me close to breaking down several times. Kanye made a great point and hopefully it will send a message. Anyone who thinks W really cares about blacks is stupid. I remember Bill kissing a small black child on the head right out of a crowd of supporters. Bush would rather die then do such a thing. The hurricane is not his fault but his actions were very slow. His recent comments on the situation are much like Madden on a Monday night game. Pathetic. Funny to listen to when it's not costing lives. Horrible when it is.
:deevee:

Rausch
09-03-2005, 03:35 AM
So an idiot found a microphone?

Wow. Never has that happened before...

Halfcan
09-03-2005, 03:43 AM
How is a hurican black and white. It is just insane. Kuntyan West is a freaking piece of shit for making the disaster a racial issue.

RedDread
09-03-2005, 06:00 AM
While I do agree with Kayne, there has to be a better time and place for this. I mean it's a GD'ed fundraiser to help those people, and you're taking the time to spew hatred and claim racism?

:shake:

Phobia
09-03-2005, 06:26 AM
While I do agree with Kayne, there has to be a better time and place for this. I mean it's a GD'ed fundraiser to help those people, and you're taking the time to spew hatred and claim racism?

:shake:

You agree that Bush doesn't like blacks? Seriously?

penchief
09-03-2005, 07:21 AM
So an idiot found a microphone?

Wow. Never has that happened before...

Yeah, they need to keep idiots away from microphones.

On a different note, what time is the president's weekly radio address?

penchief
09-03-2005, 07:29 AM
You agree that Bush doesn't like blacks? Seriously?

Did he say, "like," or did he say, "care." I think it makes a difference. I certainly don't think the president dislikes African-Americans. But I do think it's possible that his priorities don't put as much emphasis on the living conditions of certain segments of society nearly as much as they emphasise the interests of the economic elite and the power-qou.

So, if he said "Bush doesn't care about blacks," it could easily be viewed as a legitimate complaint based on this president's priorities and his economic and political track-record.

JMHO.

Bwana
09-03-2005, 08:20 AM
I agree if the the people won't donate over something so inconsequential most likely they were not going to anyway and were just looking for an excuse to be chickenshits (my words)

To be honest Jim, I hope you're right. It would be a shame to lose money for such a good cause over PR foot in the mouth syndrome.

nychief
09-03-2005, 08:23 AM
he said "care," and right now he could run for office with the press he has gotten.

jcl-kcfan2
09-03-2005, 08:39 AM
Down here in Houston, you do not go by the Astrodome now, it is not safe.

My daughter wanted to go volunteer, no way.

It is very disappointing.

But I did talk to a friend who works at a temp agency, he told me of a young man who came in looking for work. The young man figures his life in N.O. is done and he better start getting on with it.

That is what these people need to do, not sit around the stadium causing shit and asking why they aint getting help fast enough.

David.
09-03-2005, 09:36 AM

wow, all of a sudden Kanye looks less retarded by comparison.

Braincase
09-03-2005, 10:29 AM

I'm sure immediately following the spot, Mike Myers asked Kanye if he'd take over Eddie Murphy's role in Shrek III.

nolimitpk
09-03-2005, 10:40 AM
You obviously know nothing about the man. He has donated alot back to his community. You are another scum sucking pig. Kanye said what everyone is thinking. You watch on the telly and see all the white people getting cared for first while the poor blacks sit to die with disease. Just stfu already. People talk about what Kanye said was dumb. WHAT THE **** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT PEOPLE THAT VOTED FOR BUSH? HAVE YOU EVER LISTENED TO ONE OF THE THIRD GRADE SENTENCE FRAGMENTS HE SPITS OUT? SO ****ING CHILDISH. TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE AND HOW THEY ARE "STUPID" BUT YOU VOTED IN SOMEBODY WHO HAS THE MENTAL CAPACITY OF THAT OF A SPECIAL OLYMPICS PARTICIPANT.

memyselfI
09-03-2005, 11:45 AM
How is a hurican black and white. It is just insane. Kuntyan West is a freaking piece of shit for making the disaster a racial issue.

This disaster was made a 'racial issue' BEFORE the hurricane hit...

many of us noticed it when it was primarily blacks waiting for hours and hours to get into the 'shelter' of the Superdome. After seeing those lines, one would be completely brain dead to not think that this was an issue.

Braincase
09-03-2005, 12:04 PM
My real opinion:

There will be plenty of blame to go around. Anybody that has heard of a little thing called "Camille" knew what could happen, and nobody did enough, even with a 35 year head start.

New Orleans can be rebuilt, but if it is, we need to bring in some consultant from the Netherlands to find out how to do it the right way.

The mayor of New Orleans must have been an idiot to not get the people on the school buses and get them out of town.

The people responsible for budgeting the Corps of Engineers are idiots for not getting the appropriate measures in place. A million spent then might've saved a billion that will be spent now.

What Kanye West did was poorly timed and irresponsible. I don't give a rat's ass if he's a fabulous poet, singer or designer of jumpsuits. He didn't address the immediate problem. He tried to point a finger, and all he did was alienate a huge population and insure that whatever good causes he supports now and in the future won't get a dime from Bush supporters.

Bwana
09-03-2005, 12:10 PM
You obviously know nothing about the man. He has donated alot back to his community. You are another scum sucking pig. Kanye said what everyone is thinking. You watch on the telly and see all the white people getting cared for first while the poor blacks sit to die with disease. Just stfu already. People talk about what Kanye said was dumb. WHAT THE **** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT PEOPLE THAT VOTED FOR BUSH? HAVE YOU EVER LISTENED TO ONE OF THE THIRD GRADE SENTENCE FRAGMENTS HE SPITS OUT? SO ****ING CHILDISH. TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE AND HOW THEY ARE "STUPID" BUT YOU VOTED IN SOMEBODY WHO HAS THE MENTAL CAPACITY OF THAT OF A SPECIAL OLYMPICS PARTICIPANT.
Is this guy for real? This has to be some kind of a joke, no one is this far out in left field. Watch the telly indeed. ROFL Nice post "jock sniffer." :thailor:

hbkeay
09-03-2005, 12:25 PM
I think the media played a huge part in all of this, and what they show us is all that we know about what's happening down there.

I'm very far left but Bush is not solely to blame here. The media was inaccurate at first, slow to report damage (not completely their fault), and unprofessional about what they chose to cover (looting is a very loaded term, especially considering the circumstances).

I do think Bush should have a responded a day or two sooner though.

Michael Michigan
09-03-2005, 12:32 PM
I don't know who the dude is nor do I really care, but he looked like a special needs individual on that video next ti Myers. I'm not saying that to be nasty. He did not function like a normal person to me.

Gene Simmons:

http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/52823.htm

"And as far as rap is concerned, you don't need to have any qualifications whatsoever, you could just be a drug dealer off the street and simply start talking it's not about music, it's about charisma."

Brock
09-03-2005, 12:44 PM
This disaster was made a 'racial issue' BEFORE the hurricane hit...

many of us noticed it when it was primarily blacks waiting for hours and hours to get into the 'shelter' of the Superdome. After seeing those lines, one would be completely brain dead to not think that this was an issue.

One would have to be a stupid c*nt to not realize that NO is overwhelmingly majority black to begin with.

KC Dan
09-03-2005, 12:55 PM
One would have to be a stupid c*nt to not realize that NO is overwhelmingly majority black to begin with.
Now, you know you can't use rational thought in this forum. That is not allowed!

Michael Michigan
09-03-2005, 01:05 PM
Actually Mahers were both from the same source as I recall.

No--they weren't.

It's difficult to draw any substantiated conclusions from these photographs' captions. Although they were both carried by many news outlets, they were taken by two different photographers and came from two different services, Associated Press (AP) and Getty Images via Agence France-Presse (AFP).

These services may have different stylistic standards for how they caption photographs, or the dissimilar wordings may have been due to nothing more than the preferences of different photographers and editors, or the difference might be the coincidental result of a desire to avoid repetitive wording (similar photographs from the same news services variously describe the depicted actions as "looting," "raiding," "taking," "finding," and "making off").

The viewer also isn't privy to the contexts in which the photographs were taken — it's possible that in one case the photographer actually saw his subject exiting an unattended grocery store with an armful of goods, while in the other case the photographer came upon his subjects with supplies in hand and could only make assumptions about how they obtained them.

Don't look now but if you cannot see it your own racism is showing. I hate ignorance, I hate racist ignorance even more. You are worthy of all my hatred.

A Salon article on the photographs by Aaron Kinney suggests the captions were a result of a combination of contexual and stylistic differences:

Jack Stokes, AP's director of media relations, confirmed today that [photographer Dave] Martin says he witnessed the people in his images looting a grocery store. "He saw the person go into the shop and take the goods," Stokes said, "and that's why he wrote 'looting' in the caption."

Regarding the AFP/Getty "finding" photo by [photographer Chris] Graythen, Getty spokeswoman Bridget Russel said, "This is obviously a big tragedy down there, so we're being careful with how we credit these photos." Russel said that Graythen had discussed the image in question with his editor and that if Graythen didn't witness the two people in the image in the act of looting, then he couldn't say they were looting.
The photographer who took the Getty/AFP picture, Chris Graythen, also posted the reasons behind his caption:

I wrote the caption about the two people who 'found' the items. I believed in my opinion, that they did simply find them, and not 'looted' them in the definition of the word. The people were swimming in chest deep water, and there were other people in the water, both white and black. I looked for the best picture. there were a million items floating in the water — we were right near a grocery store that had 5+ feet of water in it. it had no doors. the water was moving, and the stuff was floating away. These people were not ducking into a store and busting down windows to get electronics. They picked up bread and cokes that were floating in the water. They would have floated away anyhow.

Take some time away Jim, seriously.

If you truly hate ignorance, self-loathing is no way to live.

Brock
09-03-2005, 01:13 PM
I agree but on the Bill Maher show you could clearly see

Oh - so that's what happened to your brain. It explains a lot.

Uatu
09-03-2005, 01:14 PM
Funny, that snopes piece is exactly how I described those pictures to someone here after a cursory viewing.

nychief
09-03-2005, 01:18 PM
all he did was alienate a huge population and insure that whatever good causes he supports now and in the future won't get a dime from Bush supporters.

I am sure that he is worried about losing all those Bush supporters that buy his albums.
ROFL

Brock
09-03-2005, 01:19 PM
I am sure that he is worried about losing all those Bush supporters that buy his albums.
ROFL

He should have thought about all the people who might not donate any money to the hurricane victims because his comments pissed them off. Every dime counts.

Duck Dog
09-03-2005, 01:22 PM
Congratulations on being a complete ****ing idiot. Kanye West would be proud.

PS, unless you're unable to comprehend something unless you hear it on "the Bill Maher show" first, you can read this bit from Snopes that explains everything I already did.

It's difficult to draw any substantiated conclusions from these photographs' captions. Although they were both carried by many news outlets, they were taken by two different photographers and came from two different services, Associated Press (AP) and Getty Images via Agence France-Presse (AFP).

A more accurate conclusion would be that the French news agency, Agence France-Presse, is more racist than the AP.

nychief
09-03-2005, 01:25 PM
He should have thought about all the people who might not donate any money to the hurricane victims because his comments pissed them off. Every dime counts.

who in the hell wouldn't donate money because of what he said? Hell he might have helped with donations for all we know. I mean Bush's numbers are in the shitter, we are losing in Iraq - and two states just got blown away... I don't know how mr. west's comments would effect donations.

David.
09-03-2005, 01:26 PM

.... ROFL ROFL ROFL

Duck Dog
09-03-2005, 01:29 PM
who in the hell wouldn't donate money because of what he said? Hell he might have helped with donations for all we know. I mean Bush's numbers are in the shitter, we are losing in Iraq - and two states just got blown away... I don't know how mr. west's comments would effect donations.

I tend to agree. I don't thinks his idiotic outburst will keep people who were going to donate from helping. I just think comments like his steer people away from actually caring. Look at some of the people they show on camera. Some I wish I could help myself, and some I wish would drown.

Duck Dog
09-03-2005, 01:30 PM
I tend to agree. I don't thinks his idiotic outburst will keep people who were going to donate from helping. I just think comments like his steer people away from actually caring. Look at some of the people they show on camera. Some I wish I could help myself, and some I wish would drown.

Case in point.

StcChief
09-03-2005, 01:50 PM
Bush is still smarter than the folks that stayed in NO with plenty of warning about a cat 5 hurricane bearing down on NO.

Logical
09-03-2005, 02:20 PM

If you truly hate ignorance, self-loathing is no way to live.I cannot believe you would be an apologist for Racism, no I take it back yes I can.

Michael Michigan
09-03-2005, 02:22 PM
I cannot believe you would be an apologist for Racism, no I take it back yes I can.

So--Snopes is racist?

jettio
09-03-2005, 03:04 PM
Kanye West was a bit nervous and he did not know what he was going to say and stumbled during that first part, and nobody needs to hear that introspective crap.

But he found his voice once Mike Meyers kicked it back to him, he delivered that belief very clearly.

You have to admire the guy for being earnest and sincere and taking his chance to talk out of turn.

If people on tv were not afraid of getting in trouble with their bosses, our country would not be at war with Iraq. Putting people in fear of getting in trouble or losing money or losing elections is exactly how B*sh and Rove pulled that off.

If more people on TV were not afraid of being blackballed for challenging the system, we would have a better country.

WilliamTheIrish
09-03-2005, 04:09 PM
Well since it's all about race now, I guess black folk like young blood conya are responsible for this.

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/men/news/s/172/172478_anarchy_and_agony_in_new_orleans.html

===================================================

British students caught up in the horror of Hurricane Katrina spoke of their four days of "hell" at the New Orleans Superdome.

They described how their place of refuge descended into a scene of terror as people ran wild with knives and guns, used crack cocaine and hurled racial abuse.

...Tourists, meanwhile, were turned out of hotels to face terror on the streets. Debbie Durso of Washington, Michigan, said she asked a police officer for assistance and his response was, "Go to hell - it's every man for himself."
Up to 30 British students huddled among the thousands in the Superdome were forced to set up a makeshift security cordon to fend off abusive locals.

Jamie Trout, 22, an economics student from Sunderland, kept a record of his terrifying ordeal. He wrote: "It was like something out of Lord of the Flies - one minute everything is calm and civil, the next it descends into chaos. A man has been arrested for raping a seven-year-old in the toilet, this place is hell. The smell is horrendous, there are toilets overflowing and people everywhere."

Jamie, who had been coaching football to disabled children as part of the Camp America scheme, said people were shouting racial abuse at the Britons because they were white.

Zoe Smith, 21, from Hull, told how students set up a security cordon when the power briefly went down in the Superdome amid fears they were going to be attacked. "All us girls sat in the middle while the boys sat on the outside, with chairs as protection," she said.

News of the students' ordeal came as New Orleans descended into anarchy.

Louisiana governor Kathleen Blanco declared war on looters who have made the city a menacing landscape of disorder and fear.

"They have M-16s and they're locked and loaded," she said of 300 National Guard troops who landed in New Orleans fresh from duty in Iraq. "These troops know how to shoot and kill."

The chaos deepened despite the promise of 1,400 National Guardsmen a day to stop the looting, plans for a 10 billion dollar recovery bill in Congress and a government relief effort President Bush called the biggest in US history.

Meanwhile, amid fears for his safety, musician Fats Domino, 77, was photographed being rescued by boat, his daughter Karen said.
====================================================

Of course he's not, but I guess it's the norm now to make a statement.

He would have made more sense had he mentioned the mayor and the governor. But I guess the mayor and governor actually love black people. After all, they allowed them to stay in the city to die with the promise that safety would be afforded in the Superdome and the NOCC.

Logical
09-03-2005, 06:29 PM
So--Snopes is racist?Go back and look at my post there are clearly two pictures from AP one where the blacks are looters and the whites are merely jumping through a convenience store window. So yes they too are racist, racism is everywhere this should suprise no one.

gblowfish
09-03-2005, 07:01 PM
This guy is just wrong. Obviously W has a woody for Condoleeza Rice.

Michael Michigan
09-03-2005, 07:10 PM
Go back and look at my post there are clearly two pictures from AP one where the blacks are looters and the whites are merely jumping through a convenience store window. So yes they too are racist, racism is everywhere this should suprise no one.

Your second AP photo has a white person looking through a bag and a black person jumping through the window.

Let me slow that down for you--one is white, one is black.

The other pics are from different wire services as has been explained to you ad nauseum.

Take some time away.

This is pathetic.

Ultra Peanut
09-03-2005, 08:44 PM
Bush is still smarter than the folks that stayed in NO with plenty of warning about a cat 5 hurricane bearing down on NO.Yeah! Stupid ass 82-year-old woman with no car or family!

Where did the buses take the people who had no other transportation? Hmm, could it have been... the Superdome?

Boyceofsummer
09-03-2005, 09:03 PM
gives a ****? People, this is not the major story here. Can you guess what THE major story is?

Bwana
09-03-2005, 09:07 PM
gives a ****? People, this is not the major story here. Can you guess what THE major story is?

You're no longer a 53 year old virgin?

Ultra Peanut
09-03-2005, 09:08 PM
You're no longer a 53 year old virgin?Oh, wow. Why didn't someone make a "happy birthday" thread?

Boyceofsummer
09-03-2005, 09:20 PM
Someone please educate me. Who is Kanye West?

Logical
09-03-2005, 09:30 PM
Someone please educate me. Who is Kanye West?http://www.rocafella.com/images/uploaded/artist/bio/artist7.jpg

Hip Hop artist who has good flow.

WilliamTheIrish
09-03-2005, 09:31 PM
Someone please educate me. Who is Kanye West?

Google, Boyce. Google.

Ultra Peanut
09-04-2005, 12:57 AM
http://www.rocafella.com/images/uploaded/artist/bio/artist7.jpg

Hip Hop artist who has good flow.Jim is down with it. :thumb:

BigRedChief
09-04-2005, 01:03 AM
You're no longer a 53 year old virgin?ROFL

Ugly Duck
09-04-2005, 01:37 AM
I wonder..... I wonder if movie stars and business moguls were drowning like rats in Beverly Hills instead of po' folk in NO if the response would have been faster? Just a thought.....

BigRedChief
09-04-2005, 01:50 AM
let the parody's begin.
http://tetriskatrina.ytmnd.com/

Duck Dog
09-04-2005, 09:29 AM
I wonder..... I wonder if movie stars and business moguls were drowning like rats in Beverly Hills instead of po' folk in NO if the response would have been faster? Just a thought.....

That's rediculous. Who would pass up a chance to let Hollywood drown?

Taco John
09-04-2005, 09:42 AM
HAHAHA! Speaking of good flow...

http://bushniggas.ytmnd.com/

Kclee
09-04-2005, 10:16 AM
Go back and look at my post there are clearly two pictures from AP one where the blacks are looters and the whites are merely jumping through a convenience store window. So yes they too are racist, racism is everywhere this should suprise no one.

From Snopes:

A Salon article on the photographs by Aaron Kinney suggests the captions were a result of a combination of contexual and stylistic differences:
Jack Stokes, AP's director of media relations, confirmed today that [photographer Dave] Martin says he witnessed the people in his images looting a grocery store. "He saw the person go into the shop and take the goods," Stokes said, "and that's why he wrote 'looting' in the caption."

Regarding the AFP/Getty "finding" photo by [photographer Chris] Graythen, Getty spokeswoman Bridget Russel said, "This is obviously a big tragedy down there, so we're being careful with how we credit these photos." Russel said that Graythen had discussed the image in question with his editor and that if Graythen didn't witness the two people in the image in the act of looting, then he couldn't say they were looting.
The photographer who took the Getty/AFP picture, Chris Graythen, also posted the reasons behind his caption:
I wrote the caption about the two people who 'found' the items. I believed in my opinion, that they did simply find them, and not 'looted' them in the definition of the word. The people were swimming in chest deep water, and there were other people in the water, both white and black. I looked for the best picture. there were a million items floating in the water we were right near a grocery store that had 5+ feet of water in it. it had no doors. the water was moving, and the stuff was floating away. These people were not ducking into a store and busting down windows to get electronics. They picked up bread and cokes that were floating in the water. They would have floated away anyhow.

:shrug:

Ugly Duck
09-04-2005, 10:20 AM
http://bushniggas.ytmnd.com/He shucks and jives - he pats their little bald black heads.... I guess he really does love 'em!

RINGLEADER
09-04-2005, 11:14 AM
IMO if you are breaking in to stores to get food... Great it is life-saving, the people need it... The people breaking in and stealing non-life essentials items(tv's computers) it is looting....

Actually, it's not against the law to loot food and water if you need it to live.

I don't think that caveat in the law extends to plasma televisions...

Ultra Peanut
09-04-2005, 02:57 PM
let the parody's begin.
http://tetriskatrina.ytmnd.com/They murdered it. Now it's a "Nigga Stole My Bike" blend with the "Bush Cares about black people." :(

HAHAHA! Speaking of good flow...

http://bushniggas.ytmnd.com/You only beat me to posting this because I was asleep at 10 AM!