PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs defense allowed 3.6 yards per carry this preseason

Douche Baggins
09-03-2005, 09:59 PM
A marked improvement over last year's preseason. They allowed 5.0 ypc last preseason..

Bowser
09-03-2005, 09:59 PM
We're doomed. Just ask neckdemon.

tk13
09-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Let me tell you what that means come next Sunday.

Thank you.

Rudy lost the toss
09-03-2005, 10:02 PM
and priest had like a 2.0 YPC. It's preseason... nothing to get excited about

jspchief
09-03-2005, 10:08 PM
Start.

Printing.

Play...

neckdemon
09-04-2005, 07:38 AM
We're doomed. Just ask neckdemon.

lol. i'm like celebrity here already. this is st least the 3rd thread i've read where i've been mentioned, but have yet to post on. interesting. btw, see what your fellow chiefs fans said about preseason stats? they mean nothing.

Mecca
09-04-2005, 07:43 AM
Well, in a thread about the Jet's game you're probably going to get mentioned. Seeing as you are the resident Jet's homer at the moment.

And also what in the blue hell does your screen name mean.....by face value it looks um very homo-erotic, it's a bit creepy.

htismaqe
09-04-2005, 08:20 AM
lol. i'm like celebrity here already. this is st least the 3rd thread i've read where i've been mentioned, but have yet to post on. interesting. btw, see what your fellow chiefs fans said about preseason stats? they mean nothing.

Celebrity troll.

Chan93lx50
09-04-2005, 08:31 AM
Attention WHORE!

SNR
09-04-2005, 09:00 AM
Wow. Is that giant-ass Mewelde Moore run included in those stats?

neckdemon
09-04-2005, 09:15 AM
Celebrity troll.

ok, so im a troll because i cam ehere and decided to make a prediction for my home team. whatever. some of you guys just don't seem to be bale to take anything negative said about your team too well. and instead of just rebutting it, you decide that personal attacks are the way to go. thats ok. no big deal. some of you guys have been alright.

neckdemon
09-04-2005, 09:18 AM
Well, in a thread about the Jet's game you're probably going to get mentioned. Seeing as you are the resident Jet's homer at the moment.

And also what in the blue hell does your screen name mean.....by face value it looks um very homo-erotic, it's a bit creepy.

lol. how you can derive homosexuality out of my name is beyond me. but if you really woudl like to know..........it's a nickname we have for a friends father who is mean as hell. he used to strap a harness to his head with two 45lb plates chained to it and swing it around to work out his neck, grunting and spitting the whole time. so we decided to start calling him the neckdemon.

stevieray
ok, so im a troll because i cam ehere and decided to make a prediction for my home team. whatever. some of you guys just don't seem to be bale to take anything negative said about your team too well. and instead of just rebutting it, you decide that personal attacks are the way to go. thats ok. no big deal. some of you guys have been alright.

stop being such a wimp.

Skip Towne
Has anyone neg repped you yet?

RedDread
09-04-2005, 09:20 AM

If you want to post on an opposing teams message board, you may want to develop a little thicker skin Celebrity Troll.

neckdemon
09-04-2005, 09:20 AM
stop being such a wimp.

i'm the whimp? htismage has been crying about me ever since i said something against a post he made about ty law.

neckdemon
09-04-2005, 09:21 AM
If you want to post on an opposing teams message board, you may want to develop a little thicker skin Celebrity Troll.

i'm fine with it. i dont mind. i just think its funny.

stevieray
09-04-2005, 09:23 AM
i'm the whimp? htismage has been crying about me ever since i said something against a post he made about ty law.

yes, yes you are. And stop deflecting.

neckdemon
09-04-2005, 09:27 AM
yes, yes you are. And stop deflecting.

alright fine. anyway, lets talk about the game, thats why im here. not to bicker with you guys like a bunch of girls.

stevieray
09-04-2005, 09:31 AM
alright fine. anyway, lets talk about the game, thats why im here. not to bicker with you guys like a bunch of girls.

then don't whine about personal attacks.

It will be a great game.

If our defense plays well, Pennington is going to have it rough. I think you underestimate the Arrowhead crowd with a good defense, we are so overdue, it will be atomic if we get up on you.

neckdemon
09-04-2005, 09:52 AM
then don't whine about personal attacks.

It will be a great game.

If our defense plays well, Pennington is going to have it rough. I think you underestimate the Arrowhead crowd with a good defense, we are so overdue, it will be atomic if we get up on you.

not whiningm just think its silly. if you wanna win an argument about a certain subject then come in with an informed statement that makes the othe rlook stupid. personal attacks just make you look like you have already conceded defeat and will just resort to childish behavior to try and make yourself look better. anyway, yes if your defense plays well then i think our offense will definitely have it tough, but that goes for any game you play. i still think that your secondary is going to have a tough time against our offense. imo, you will have to put 8 men in the box to be able to consistently limit our running game, at which point i think pennington will have a good game against your secondary. besides surtain, you have a cb starting who is definitely going to need safety help on just about every play and i just think it's going to be too much for your defense to account for. on offense, i believe that we match up well against your team. we have a very good run defense, which will help limit the best part of your offense, which is the o-line play and power running game. and i think our secondary matches up very well with your receiving threats. none of your wr's scare me at all. the best part of your game in that aspect is tony gonzalez, and the jets defense is actually pretty adept at limiting a TE's production. in special teams you guys have dante hall. correct me if im worng but i believe after a stellar first season he had a but of a drop-off last year didnt he? again i could be wrong and im not going to do any research on it, i'm jst going on what i think was the case. still dante hall is definitely a weapon for you guys. fortunately we have our own new "secret weapon" to unveil on you guys in punter ben graham. i'll be surprise dif hall is able to just field all his punts cleanly, never mind having great run backs. plus the fact that this guy can kick us out of trouble from virtually anywhere on the field, i have to give special teams advantage to the jets. when all is said and done i'm sticking by a prediction of the jets comong away with the win by a score of around 28 - 20.

stevieray
09-04-2005, 11:05 AM
not whiningm just think its silly. if you wanna win an argument about a certain subject then come in with an informed statement that makes the othe rlook stupid. personal attacks just make you look like you have already conceded defeat and will just resort to childish behavior to try and make yourself look better. anyway, yes if your defense plays well then i think our offense will definitely have it tough, but that goes for any game you play. i still think that your secondary is going to have a tough time against our offense. imo, you will have to put 8 men in the box to be able to consistently limit our running game, at which point i think pennington will have a good game against your secondary. besides surtain, you have a cb starting who is definitely going to need safety help on just about every play and i just think it's going to be too much for your defense to account for. on offense, i believe that we match up well against your team. we have a very good run defense, which will help limit the best part of your offense, which is the o-line play and power running game. and i think our secondary matches up very well with your receiving threats. none of your wr's scare me at all. the best part of your game in that aspect is tony gonzalez, and the jets defense is actually pretty adept at limiting a TE's production. in special teams you guys have dante hall. correct me if im worng but i believe after a stellar first season he had a but of a drop-off last year didnt he? again i could be wrong and im not going to do any research on it, i'm jst going on what i think was the case. still dante hall is definitely a weapon for you guys. fortunately we have our own new "secret weapon" to unveil on you guys in punter ben graham. i'll be surprise dif hall is able to just field all his punts cleanly, never mind having great run backs. plus the fact that this guy can kick us out of trouble from virtually anywhere on the field, i have to give special teams advantage to the jets. when all is said and done i'm sticking by a prediction of the jets comong away with the win by a score of around 28 - 20.

you're still whining about personal attacks.

Good luck with stopping our offense and the best Oline in football., and keep telling yourself that dante Hall isn't a threat anytime he touches the ball. Your punter gives you the edge? Two words. Dustin Colquitt.

Nobody has stopped Gonzales, Unless they cheat.

like i said, our defense gets rolling, the crowd will be nuclear.

neckdemon
09-04-2005, 11:13 AM
you're still whining about personal attacks.

Good luck with stopping our offense and the best Oline in football., and keep telling yourself that dante Hall isn't a threat anytime he touches the ball. Your punter gives you the edge? Two words. Dustin Colquitt.

Nobody has stopped Gonzales, Unless they cheat.

like i said, our defense gets rolling, the crowd will be nuclear.

i said i thought hall was weapon. so im not sure what you're talking about. good luck? is that your rebuttal? at least give me some reason why you think that your offense matches up well against our defense. not just "nobody stops gonzalez". i'm starting to think that personal attacks are the only form of defense you guys have against intelligent posts.

stevieray
09-04-2005, 11:20 AM
i said i thought hall was weapon. so im not sure what you're talking about. good luck? is that your rebuttal? at least give me some reason why you think that your offense matches up well against our defense. not just "nobody stops gonzalez". i'm starting to think that personal attacks are the only form of defense you guys have against intelligent posts.

Uh because our offense has been kicking ass for the last few years? We have multiple weapons that can strike at anytime.

personal attack... :deevee: Stop acting like a damn whiner. we don't "know" each other well enough for anything to be personal.

I think the phrase personal attack was invented by/for people who can't handle criticism, or take everything personal due to insecurity.

milkman
09-04-2005, 02:33 PM
anyway, yes if your defense plays well then i think our offense will definitely have it tough, but that goes for any game you play.

If the same defense we saw last season shows up, then Martin and Blaylock couldhave a good game.
However, with the addition of Bell and Derek Johnson, our biggest weakness in the run game last season, i.e., slow LBs, is now our biggest strength.
Add the fact that Sims is finally starting to play like a first round pick, and Dalton looks better than last season, at least based on their preseason performances, Martin and Blaylock will have a far more difficult task than you are expecting.

i still think that your secondary is going to have a tough time against our offense. imo, you will have to put 8 men in the box to be able to consistently limit our running game, at which point i think pennington will have a good game against your secondary.

While I do think that the Chiefs will show some 8 men in the box looks, I doubt that you'll see it as often as you may think.

besides surtain, you have a cb starting who is definitely going to need safety help on just about every play and i just think it's going to be too much for your defense to account for.

I do agree, McPasson will need safety help, but again, I don't think you'll see it as often as you might espect.
Gunther is going to blitz on passing downs, and then he's going to blitz some more.

on offense, i believe that we match up well against your team. we have a very good run defense, which will help limit the best part of your offense, which is the o-line play and power running game.

You do have a solid defensive front, but the Chiefs O-Line is the best in the business, and the best blocking FB in Tony Richardson. and they dominated the likes of B-More and the Falcons.
To have any hope of winning in he trenches, you're guys are going to have to have the games of their careers.

and i think our secondary matches up very well with your receiving threats. none of your wr's scare me at all. the best part of your game in that aspect is tony gonzalez, and the jets defense is actually pretty adept at limiting a TE's production.

The problem here for the Jets is that Trent Green has as much, or better command of this offense than any QB in the league, including Peyton Manning.
Personnel and movement will create confusion for your D.
Also, if the Jets try to man up on Tony G, he'll have a field day.
If they double him, he'll still get his catches, but guys like Kennison, Parker Wilson and Priest will give Trent other weapons to look for.

Bottom line, this O, regardless of the talent on the Jets D, will score, and score often.
Jets can only hope to limit the damage.

in special teams you guys have dante hall. correct me if im worng but i believe after a stellar first season he had a but of a drop-off last year didnt he? again i could be wrong and im not going to do any research on it, i'm jst going on what i think was the case. still dante hall is definitely a weapon for you guys. fortunately we have our own new "secret weapon" to unveil on you guys in punter ben graham. i'll be surprise dif hall is able to just field all his punts cleanly, never mind having great run backs. plus the fact that this guy can kick us out of trouble from virtually anywhere on the field, i have to give special teams advantage to the jets. when all is said and done i'm sticking by a prediction of the jets comong away with the win by a score of around 28 - 20.

Dante has been fielding punts like those of Graham's all offseason with the drafting of punter Dustin Colquitt.
Dante, like any returner, does have to rely on some blocks from his teammates.
A couple of those guys that helped Dante to those long returns were injured and out most of last season, but are now back.

Even without those guys, Dante was still among the best last season, and did have two returns for TDs.

I'd call the STs about even.

I'm predicting the Chiefs win.

31-17.

Ari Chi3fs
09-04-2005, 03:33 PM

http://www.interwebinc.com/law/cruickshanks/atomic.gif

Chiefs win by 10, Neckdemon disappears from Chiefsplanet.

Any wagers?

tiptap
09-04-2005, 03:43 PM
Ok, NYJ running game has changed for this year. You have a new RT and pretty new LG in the game. This makes the NYJ unproven in the range of running plays that they exhibited last year. The Chiefs had this problem last year. We ended up having to run our plays to the left behind Roaf and Waters (they were all pros). But then the running game becomes all about power and not finesse. This could easily be the case for the JETS this year. The inside tackle defense for the Chiefs was fine last year as evidenced by one of the better statistics for no gain and losses on first down. (The time most teams run to the middle against defensive tackles.) But we got beat bad at the corners, DE and the Jets were good at outside of both tackles in running. The difference for this game is that you have unproven talent at RT and KC LB's are much better than last year.
I do think you will have success throwing under, short routes against our secondary. Contrary to belief, Gunn will be playing zone mostly in the 1st half and only marginally throwing in true blitz (we may mix up who comes but it may be limited to 4 guys). That will remain true unless we are starting to get beat badly or if we are up a whole lot in the second half. With our offense we can come back to easily on most teams.

Valiant
09-04-2005, 03:48 PM

First off I normally dont mind runon sentences, but by god you could have used the enter button once...

As for your prediction...

dante fell off in his production last year, he only had 3td returns on special teams...

Do you honestly believe your front four are going to stop our Oline and priest and LJ???? What has your team done to think you can stop one of the offensive juggernauts the last three years???

Even when we line up eight men fronts to stop the run and blitz, Pennington doesn't have a rapid fire response arm...

Your only chance in hell in winning is

A: you kill us with the running game and use playaction

B: we kill ourselves with turnovers

neckdemon
09-04-2005, 04:17 PM
If the same defense we saw last season shows up, then Martin and Blaylock couldhave a good game.
However, with the addition of Bell and Derek Johnson, our biggest weakness in the run game last season, i.e., slow LBs, is now our biggest strength.
Add the fact that Sims is finally starting to play like a first round pick, and Dalton looks better than last season, at least based on their preseason performances, Martin and Blaylock will have a far more difficult task than you are expecting.

While I do think that the Chiefs will show some 8 men in the box looks, I doubt that you'll see it as often as you may think.

I do agree, McPasson will need safety help, but again, I don't think you'll see it as often as you might espect.
Gunther is going to blitz on passing downs, and then he's going to blitz some more.

You do have a solid defensive front, but the Chiefs O-Line is the best in the business, and the best blocking FB in Tony Richardson. and they dominated the likes of B-More and the Falcons.
To have any hope of winning in he trenches, you're guys are going to have to have the games of their careers.

The problem here for the Jets is that Trent Green has as much, or better command of this offense than any QB in the league, including Peyton Manning.
Personnel and movement will create confusion for your D.
Also, if the Jets try to man up on Tony G, he'll have a field day.
If they double him, he'll still get his catches, but guys like Kennison, Parker Wilson and Priest will give Trent other weapons to look for.

Bottom line, this O, regardless of the talent on the Jets D, will score, and score often.
Jets can only hope to limit the damage.

Dante has been fielding punts like those of Graham's all offseason with the drafting of punter Dustin Colquitt.
Dante, like any returner, does have to rely on some blocks from his teammates.
A couple of those guys that helped Dante to those long returns were injured and out most of last season, but are now back.

Even without those guys, Dante was still among the best last season, and did have two returns for TDs.

I'd call the STs about even.

I'm predicting the Chiefs win.

31-17.

thank you. you've restored my faith in this site. good rebuttal.

htismaqe
09-04-2005, 04:18 PM
i'm starting to think that personal attacks are the only form of defense you guys have against intelligent posts.

I'm still waiting for you to make one...

htismaqe
09-04-2005, 04:21 PM

What's REALLY silly is coming to a message board dedicated to another team, starting the discussion with "we will own you", and then throwing a 12-year old's hissy fit when people call you a troll.

Fact is, I could give you about 400 reasons why our offense WILL NOT be held under 20 points, and I can give you another 400 reasons why our defense WILL hold you to under 20 points.

But that would take time, and I use my time to respond to reasonable, though-out posts. I don't waste my time on "we will own you" bullshit from trolls.

neckdemon
09-04-2005, 05:14 PM
What's REALLY silly is coming to a message board dedicated to another team, starting the discussion with "we will own you", and then throwing a 12-year old's hissy fit when people call you a troll.

Fact is, I could give you about 400 reasons why our offense WILL NOT be held under 20 points, and I can give you another 400 reasons why our defense WILL hold you to under 20 points.

But that would take time, and I use my time to respond to reasonable, though-out posts. I don't waste my time on "we will own you" bullshit from trolls.

hah . whatever. now you're just putting words in my mouth. i imagine you're still crying about the coment i made against the one you made. you were upset that the jets signed ty law so you stated that he probably wouldn't even be playing for the first 4 weeks anyway. at which i said not to worry that he'd be in helping to try and shut down your passing game. to which you got your panties in a bunch and started with the smack talk. you've obviously still yet to get over it. i never started a discussion with "we will own you". why not at keast tell the truth. i even came on here and wish you guys a good game with no injuries, and i still get people talking smack instead of talking football. thats ok, it is to be expected. at least some of the posters here try to discuss football instead of talking about running around giving rednecks handjobs.

htismaqe
09-04-2005, 05:45 PM
hah . whatever. now you're just putting words in my mouth. i imagine you're still crying about the coment i made against the one you made. you were upset that the jets signed ty law so you stated that he probably wouldn't even be playing for the first 4 weeks anyway. at which i said not to worry that he'd be in helping to try and shut down your passing game. to which you got your panties in a bunch and started with the smack talk. you've obviously still yet to get over it. i never started a discussion with "we will own you". why not at keast tell the truth. i even came on here and wish you guys a good game with no injuries, and i still get people talking smack instead of talking football. thats ok, it is to be expected. at least some of the posters here try to discuss football instead of talking about running around giving rednecks handjobs.

ROFL

Oh, the joys of being an ignorant newbie.

Anybody that's been paying attention knows that I was HARDLY upset that the Jets signed Law. He's damaged, you can have him.

As for me crying, that would mean I actually care what you think. I don't put much stock in the ramblings of trolls.

Here's your honesty:

Guys, if our WR's don't step up, Ty Law COULD cover Tony Gonzales...

Am I the only person that remembers the first Denver game last year?

As for them keeping our running game in check, they do have Vilma in the middle.

Let's not cound our chickens before they hatch.

The Jets defense we beat was 14th in the NFL in points against and 24th in yards allowed.

Last year's Jets defense was 4th in points against and 7th in yards allowed.

They're SIGNIFICANTLY better than the last time we faced them.

For every Ray Lewis, there's an Al Wilson.

Our offense CAN be stopped. It's just too bad that the Jets won't be able to use Ty Law to do it.

I was the ONLY person in this thread willing to give your defense any credit...http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=121064

Read it again, troll. You busted out the "we will OWN you" all by yourself.

neckdemon
09-04-2005, 06:02 PM
I was the ONLY person in this thread willing to give your defense any credit...http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=121064

Read it again, troll. You busted out the "we will OWN you" all by yourself.

thnx for pulling up this thread and proving my point. first of all you can tell that my first couple of statements were just a couple of fun little jabs to get a debate going. then as for the "owning thing" thnx for absolutely 100% proving that not only did i NOT start the debate with a "we will own you post" but that iu was responding to someone else's "we will own you"post and that i also mentioned the possibility of the jets losign and me coming back to take my licks form you guys.

here's the exact quote:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Soupnazi
I wouldn't be worrying about what Law's going to do on Sept. 11th, Jet fans. Your noodle-armed QB is a bigger issue right now.

You'll be owned at Arrowhead just the same way we owned you at the Meadlowlands a couple of years ago.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok, just remember this. i'll be here to take my licks if this in fact comes true. BUT remeber i'll also be her to dish it out when we OWN you.

do yourself a favor. if you're gonna to that much trouble to prove yourself right.....at least BE RIGHT.

htismaqe
09-04-2005, 08:53 PM
thnx for pulling up this thread and proving my point. first of all you can tell that my first couple of statements were just a couple of fun little jabs to get a debate going. then as for the "owning thing" thnx for absolutely 100% proving that not only did i NOT start the debate with a "we will own you post" but that iu was responding to someone else's "we will own you"post and that i also mentioned the possibility of the jets losign and me coming back to take my licks form you guys.

here's the exact quote:

do yourself a favor. if you're gonna to that much trouble to prove yourself right.....at least BE RIGHT.

You're on a CHIEFS BULLETIN BOARD stupid ****...

neckdemon
09-04-2005, 09:02 PM
You're on a CHIEFS BULLETIN BOARD stupid ****...

dude, what are you so mad about? you tried to prove that i came here and started telling everyone that the jets are gonna own the chiefs. the proof you came up with clearly shows that this isn't the case. i know this is a chiefs message board. thats why i came here. to get a little friendly banter going on. obviously you couldn't handle that. i knew i'd run into a few of you who would just call me names and thats all. i'm really not sure what your problem is, but whatever.

Halfcan
09-04-2005, 09:08 PM
I mentioned illiterate Jets fans-how in the world would you think I was talking about you typo king nutdemon.

neckdemon
09-04-2005, 09:11 PM
I mentioned illiterate Jets fans-how in the world would you think I was talking about you typo king nutdemon.

hey my entire post before yours didn't have one typo. pretty good huh? :bravo:

Halfcan
09-04-2005, 09:16 PM
Yeah, you are getting better-lol

penguinz
09-04-2005, 09:19 PM
There were no typos on the post you are referring to. Unless you count the lack of capitalization as a typo. If you do count those as typos then there were fourteen typos. ;)

Halfcan
09-04-2005, 09:26 PM
hey peng-capitalization doesn't count in new jersey didn't you know that. give the jets fan a break allready. he is doing his best.

jspchief
09-04-2005, 09:31 PM
This is just my simple opinion, but I think a team has to actually get their own stadium before their fans should be allowed to attempt to talk smack.

Come back when your team isn't playing football in a duplex.

htismaqe
09-05-2005, 05:04 AM
dude, what are you so mad about? you tried to prove that i came here and started telling everyone that the jets are gonna own the chiefs. the proof you came up with clearly shows that this isn't the case. i know this is a chiefs message board. thats why i came here. to get a little friendly banter going on. obviously you couldn't handle that. i knew i'd run into a few of you who would just call me names and thats all. i'm really not sure what your problem is, but whatever.

Mad? Hardly. I think it's funny. You're the victim. I got it.

It's quite simple:

Your on SOMEONE ELSE'S message board. Just about anything you say could get you branded as a troll. So don't say stupid shit. You did. When the resident dumbass says "Go away Jets fan...we're gonna kick your ass" you have two choices -- respond in kind, or say "yeah, whatever. I'm here to discuss football". You chose the former over the latter because you couldn't control yourself. That's what trolls do.

We have plenty of non-Chief fans here, some who have been here for a long time.

Wanna know what the problem is? Check out some of their posts, then compare them to yours.

neckdemon
09-05-2005, 07:11 AM
Mad? Hardly. I think it's funny. You're the victim. I got it.

It's quite simple:

Your on SOMEONE ELSE'S message board. Just about anything you say could get you branded as a troll. So don't say stupid shit. You did. When the resident dumbass says "Go away Jets fan...we're gonna kick your ass" you have two choices -- respond in kind, or say "yeah, whatever. I'm here to discuss football". You chose the former over the latter because you couldn't control yourself. That's what trolls do.

We have plenty of non-Chief fans here, some who have been here for a long time.

Wanna know what the problem is? Check out some of their posts, then compare them to yours.

i guess it all depends on your definition of a troll. imo, a troll is someone who says ridiculous things just to get reactions and hijack a thread. now if i came here and said things like "priest holmes sucks and he's a pussy to booty". or "tony gonzalez is just an overrated tackling dummy" then, imo, that would be trolling. but it's all good. you don't like me and thats fine, but i'm done bickering with you.

penguinz
09-05-2005, 08:02 AM
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/1759/shift0tx.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Learn how to use it.

milkman
09-05-2005, 08:13 AM
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/1759/shift0tx.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Learn how to use it.

does it take me to different gears/

:)

Coogs
09-05-2005, 09:06 AM
Starting defense rushing stats looked like this...

40 attempts for 124 yards for a 3.1 average.

Throw out the 50 yarder in game 1 against the Vikes, and the numbers are 39 attempts for 74 yards and a 1.9 average.

Only 4 runs of longer than 10 yards too. One for 10, one for 11, one for 13, and the 50 yarder.

jspchief
09-05-2005, 09:10 AM
Only 4 teams saw more rushing attempts than us this pre-season, and 3 of those teams played an extra game.

It's not like we weren't tested. I realize it's just pre-season, but this is still reassuring.

Bowser
09-05-2005, 09:13 AM
Only 4 teams saw more rushing attempts than us this pre-season, and 3 of those teams played an extra game.

It's not like we weren't tested. I realize it's just pre-season, but this is still reassuring.

It all begins with Kawika Mitchell not looking lost, or going after blockers instead of ballcarriers.

philfree
09-05-2005, 10:09 AM
Starting defense rushing stats looked like this...

40 attempts for 124 yards for a 3.1 average.

Throw out the 50 yarder in game 1 against the Vikes, and the numbers are 39 attempts for 74 yards and a 1.9 average.

Only 4 runs of longer than 10 yards too. One for 10, one for 11, one for 13, and the 50 yarder.

So who's made us better? The new and improved Kawika Mitchell? The new and improved Ryan Simms? The addition of DJ? Moving Jimmy Wilkerson into the starting RDE position?

Answer: All the above.

PhilFree:arrow:

greg63
09-05-2005, 12:16 PM
Let me help you along, this took some time for me too. The only ones being personal here are the ones worried about "personal attacks" and how mad they make someone. jspchief gave me my first piece of practical advise: "grow some thicker skin". Oh, and pay attention to the letters you strike on your key board, and spacing.