PDA

View Full Version : Understanding the QB situation

DenverChief
09-04-2005, 12:51 AM
I'm kinda miffed as to why we keep Huard and release Killian...at the very least he should be the #3 QB...Huard showed how big of a turd he is in the preseason. That in conjunction with the fact that both Collins AND Huard are hurt I'm not understanding the decsion one iota....what happens when :D we are up by 40 on the Jets? Certainly it would be a bad idea to leave Green in the whole game

keg in kc
09-04-2005, 12:52 AM
I was going to make the standard homosexual joke, but I think you get enough of that without me joining in.

Archie F. Swin
09-04-2005, 01:10 AM
I didn't watch the game last night, but i listened to the game. I'm shocked that Quinn was released. It seems he did well. Didn't he get more snaps than anyone else in preseason?

Mecca
09-04-2005, 01:16 AM
They're probably assuming that Killian won't be picked up. So he can learn the offense on the practice squad instead of costing us a roster spot.

DenverChief
09-04-2005, 01:23 AM
They're probably assuming that Killian won't be picked up. So he can learn the offense on the practice squad instead of costing us a roster spot.

If we had 2 completely healthy backups I would agree %100

Mecca
09-04-2005, 01:28 AM
Well Huard had a concussion, they're probably thinking he should be fine by the Jets game.

DenverChief
09-04-2005, 01:31 AM
Well Huard had a concussion, they're probably thinking he should be fine by the Jets game.

Huard is a walking concussion...some of the mistakes he makes looks like he is constantly stupid

morphius
09-04-2005, 01:31 AM
I know the Chiefs like to hide players that they want to sneak onto the pratice squad, but this was just painful to watch. As I said elsewhere, if we knew we were going to keep the garbage huard, why on Earth do you sign Quinn and not give Killian the snaps? Now we are going to stick him on the PS where he will sit for a year getting almost no snaps, then maybe if lucky will make the team as a 3rd QB where he will linger getting almost no snaps and then we will cut him after year 3 because he doesn't have the NFL expierence we would like.

DenverChief
09-04-2005, 01:35 AM
I know the Chiefs like to hide players that they want to sneak onto the pratice squad, but this was just painful to watch. As I said elsewhere, if we knew we were going to keep the garbage huard, why on Earth do you sign Quinn and not give Killian the snaps? Now we are going to stick him on the PS where he will sit for a year getting almost no snaps, then maybe if lucky will make the team as a 3rd QB where he will linger getting almost no snaps and then we will cut him after year 3 because he doesn't have the NFL expierence we would like.

so painful to read yet so true

Mecca
09-04-2005, 01:36 AM

You just described Dick Vermiel in a nutshell happy with him as coach? I don't know if there is a coach that hates playing young players more than Vermiel does. It's really annoying too, and gets stupid at times.

morphius
09-04-2005, 01:41 AM
You just described Dick Vermiel in a nutshell happy with him as coach? I don't know if there is a coach that hates playing young players more than Vermiel does. It's really annoying too, and gets stupid at times.
It seems he gets a little worse about it every year, seems to be a running theme with some of our coach's though.

Miles
09-04-2005, 01:45 AM
Keeping Huard doesnt exaclty make much sense. He is banged up, not young and has little upside. The only thing i can think of is he migh have looked much sharper in practice than Quinn or Killian.

Logical
09-04-2005, 03:16 AM
Keeping Huard doesnt exaclty make much sense. He is banged up, not young and has little upside. The only thing i can think of is he migh have looked much sharper in practice than Quinn or Killian.Expanding on this theory while I gag, clearly the Chiefs run their vanilla sets on O during the preseason, maybe Huard performs better with the more complicated offense that is used during practice. I know that I really do not believe this but I am trying to understand it.

DenverChief
09-04-2005, 03:33 AM
Expanding on this theory while I gag, clearly the Chiefs run their vanilla sets on O during the preseason, maybe Huard performs better with the more complicated offense that is used during practice. I know that I really do not believe this but I am trying to understand it.

Huard looked like a retard running the vanilla O :banghead:

tk13
09-04-2005, 03:40 AM
Expanding on this theory while I gag, clearly the Chiefs run their vanilla sets on O during the preseason, maybe Huard performs better with the more complicated offense that is used during practice. I know that I really do not believe this but I am trying to understand it.
How many times did you have to hit yourself in the head with a crowbar before you believed that?

Logical
09-04-2005, 03:54 AM
How many times did you have to hit yourself in the head with a crowbar before you believed that?Actually I gave up on the crowbar and went for the 5 lb sledge.

jiveturkey
09-04-2005, 08:23 AM
This allows us to basically have 4 QB's.

If any team gets down to their 3rd option they're usually screwed.

Skip Towne
09-04-2005, 08:29 AM
That's called"Catch 22". You're grounded till you get more flying hours.

Archie F. Swin
09-04-2005, 10:56 AM
Actually I gave up on the crowbar and went for the 5 lb sledge.

so Huard's not the only one with a concussion around here.

mikey23545
09-04-2005, 12:22 PM
As someone said earlier, why the hell is Quinn gone?

After a week of practice he looked better than all the other backups rolled into one...

Mr. Laz
09-04-2005, 12:26 PM
As someone said earlier, why the hell is Quinn gone?

After a week of practice he looked better than all the other backups rolled into one...
i have no freakin idea :banghead: :banghead:

i guess they figure Quinn will be at home on his couch anytime they need him and vermiel has adopted Huard(ala hicks).

mikey23545
09-04-2005, 01:01 PM
i have no freakin idea :banghead: :banghead:

i guess they figure Quinn will be at home on his couch anytime they need him and vermiel has adopted Huard(ala hicks).

Someone needs to convince Vermeil to start taking in stray dogs and cats instead of shitty football players....

stevieray
09-04-2005, 01:09 PM
I thought Quinn did a great job considering. It's confusing that his efforts didn't warrant a roster spot after outplaying Huard and Killian, both of whom had the luxury of camp.

Huard has looked like chicken little so far.

PRIEST
09-04-2005, 03:16 PM
Someone needs to convince Vermeil to start taking in stray dogs and cats instead of shitty football players....

I second that ,but this is Dickie V mo :(

Darkwolfe
09-04-2005, 03:26 PM
Kilian played better than Huard on the few snaps he got. (sigh) Hope they scoop him into the PS or send him to NFLE for the summer. Kid has potential.

Quinn got shafted. Sitting on his duff for months after the Bears nightmare. Gets a chance, puts his heart in it, still makes mistakes, but wants to play and could play well if given the time to develop.

ARRRGGH..

jAZ
09-05-2005, 12:36 PM
So why didn't Killian even make the PS? Was he signed to someone's roster (almost no chance of that)? Do they figure he won't be used or signed to someone elses and hope to keep some other players on our's and quietly hold him aside for NFLE next year?

Did he seem to suck so bad he wasn't worth our interest?

Something strange about this, IMO.

the Talking Can
09-05-2005, 12:38 PM
Killian has blood clots!!!!1

LIARS IN LIARSVILLE!1

jAZ
09-05-2005, 12:46 PM
It's amazing to me that no one on our roster or PS played any snaps at QB during the last game and 3/4 of preseason.

That's just weird.

milkman
09-05-2005, 12:50 PM
It's amazing to me that no one on our roster or PS played any snaps at QB during the last game and 3/4 of preseason.

That's just weird.

Yeah, it is amazing.

But what I find even more amazing is the fact that Huard is still on this team at all.

They shoulda packed his bags and kicked his ass to the curb as soon as they got off the bus from StL.

Brock
09-05-2005, 12:50 PM
We haven't had a QBOTF since.......well, never.

Mr. Laz
09-05-2005, 12:56 PM
who's gonna run the practice squad?

booger
09-05-2005, 02:16 PM
who's gonna run the practice squad?
Good question.

Collins can't run the scout team while injured and Huard needs a few snaps to be the backup in the game as well.

The juggle guys on the practice squad during the season, but it would make sense having Kilian around at least for week 1.

KC Kings
09-05-2005, 02:19 PM
We haven't had a QBOTF since.......well, never.
What about Todd Blacklidge? We could have had Marino, Kelly, Elway... but we got our guy.

Hydrae
09-05-2005, 04:30 PM
What about Todd Blacklidge? We could have had Marino, Kelly, Elway... but we got our guy.

:bang:

whoman69
09-05-2005, 07:41 PM
Killian was a real long shot to ever play in the NFL and played his way out of it. I still can't believe we kept Huard in place of Quinn.
The Arizona game was ridiculous:
J.Kilian 20 5 74 2/14 1 47 1 38.3
D.Huard 12 1 11 1/5 0 11 2 0.0
Quinn looked better even when he was playing with the 3rd team.

Oxford
09-05-2005, 09:01 PM
Collins can't run the scout team while injured and Huard needs a few snaps to be the backup in the game as well.

The juggle guys on the practice squad during the season, but it would make sense having Kilian around at least for week 1.

I bet J Quinn is throwing to the same receivers that Warfield hired to help him workout. But he's not under a contract to the Chiefs of course.. :)

Dave Lane
09-06-2005, 12:54 AM
I still don't like Huard I'm not sure why DV does.

Dave