PDA

View Full Version : positivity needed please...

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-04-2005, 10:51 AM
Between the hurricane, gas prices, Iraq, my divorce, my finances, having a really bad cold/flu over the last few days and the Chiefs having an 0-4 pre-season (no I'm not honestly comparing), I've really had enough negativity to last me a lifetime recently. No, I'm not calling myself a victim... my life is much better than a lot of peoples...especially those in the south, right now.

Can someone please post something that is positive? Do we really have to worry about injuries to Chiefs players that haven't even happened?

Btw... I've never been more proud than when my mom called me yesterday and told me she wouldn't be home the rest of the weekend (I was thinking about going to see her if I felt up to it) because she was going to be giving up the rest of her long weekend off to go to Atchison KS and help get hurricane refugees get settled in that are being brought up to stay for a while. Mom has always been my hero and now is even more. God bless you Atchison, Kansas and everywhere that people are doing good in the face of bad. I wish I could be there too.

morphius
09-04-2005, 10:55 AM
You're good enough, you're smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like you.

Did that help :D

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-04-2005, 10:56 AM
You're good enough, you're smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like you.

Did that help :D
thank you.

FloridaChief
09-04-2005, 10:56 AM
Well...I love the colorful clothes you wear.

I hope that helps...

Hog Farmer
09-04-2005, 10:57 AM
Sounds like Beer Me needs a BEER

dilligaf
09-04-2005, 11:01 AM
God bless your mother. :clap:

siberian khatru
09-04-2005, 11:02 AM
At least you're not keg.

FloridaChief
09-04-2005, 11:02 AM
At least you're not keg.

and thank Goat for that...

Archie F. Swin
09-04-2005, 11:18 AM
The Chiefs will begin their playoff run about a week from now. I know you've been waiting for that for many,many months!

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-04-2005, 11:24 AM
Well...I love the colorful clothes you wear.

I hope that helps...
yes. thanks. I'm wearing faded blue jeans and a brown t-shirt though.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-04-2005, 11:25 AM
The Chiefs will begin their playoff run about a week from now. I know you've been waiting for that for many,many months!
..... actually years...

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-04-2005, 11:26 AM
At least you're not keg.
or gochiefs. thank you too.

Hoover
09-04-2005, 11:28 AM
Its all about attitude, if you think life sucks then guess what? It will suck. You have to think positive, set some short term goals like getting in shape, or saving some cash. Short term goals get me through life.

chiefs4me
09-04-2005, 11:36 AM
It will get better...just hang with the planet, we may act like we don't like each other, but when one of us is down...I have seen these people put differences aside and rally to a friends needs.....Just think of the split as starting a whole new chapter of your life....;)

btw.....I love those brown jeans...:p

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-04-2005, 11:36 AM
Its all about attitude, if you think life sucks then guess what? It will suck. You have to think positive, set some short term goals like getting in shape, or saving some cash. Short term goals get me through life.
Thanks man. I've lost 14 pounds in the last two weeks. That's good. I need to make some money to save some.

Mr. Laz
09-04-2005, 11:37 AM
the girls say you have a big unit and can go for hours.

Nzoner
09-04-2005, 11:41 AM
Hey,you're above ground.

If that isn't positive enough try focusing on these words

I never see failure as failure but only as the negative feedback I need to change course in my direction.

Props to your mom as well.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-04-2005, 11:42 AM
the girls say you have a big unit and can go for hours.
:)

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-04-2005, 11:43 AM
Hey,you're above ground.

I never see failure as failure but only as the negative feedback I need to change course in my direction.

Thanks Joe.

Katie
09-04-2005, 11:44 AM
I always feel better when I get a good work-out in...all those endorphins in the bloodstream help you to brighten up the world! It's Sunday, invite a good friend out to spend some time with you...nothing like a good friend to pick you up when you're stumbling...

J Diddy
09-04-2005, 11:47 AM
Hey,you're above ground.

Damn optomists won't you ever learn that the glass isn't half full?

Hoover
09-04-2005, 11:48 AM
So you are not working?

If thats the case go with your mom dude!

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-04-2005, 11:49 AM
I always feel better when I get a good work-out in...all those endorphins in the bloodstream help you to brighten up the world! It's Sunday, invite a good friend out to spend some time with you...nothing like a good friend to pick you up when you're stumbling...
wanna hang out.....

(you knew it was coming......)

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-04-2005, 11:50 AM
So you are not working?

If thats the case go with your mom dude!
No I'm not working, but I'm sick (bad cold) and my mom lives 4 1/2 hours away. $3.89 for a gallon of gas........ no 9 hour drives needed. Maybe if I was rich.

J Diddy
09-04-2005, 11:54 AM
wanna hang out.....

ROFL

Don't look now but the cowboy's trying to get back on the horse.

morphius
09-04-2005, 11:56 AM
No I'm not working, but I'm sick (bad cold) and my mom lives 4 1/2 hours away. $3.89 for a gallon of gas........ no 9 hour drives needed. Maybe if I was rich.
Did your little company fall apart?

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-04-2005, 11:56 AM
Did your little company fall apart?
huh?

Skip Towne
09-04-2005, 11:59 AM
I had almost exactly the same experience as you in 1995. Except my house burned down too. Seriously.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-04-2005, 12:00 PM
I had almost exactly the same experience as you in 1995. Except my house burned down too. Seriously.
damn.

morphius
09-04-2005, 12:01 PM
huh?
Well, I thought you went off and started a business on your own. But then you say, "No, I'm not working,..."

FloridaChief
09-04-2005, 12:02 PM
wanna hang out.....

Leave Katie alone, asshole...

(You knew this was coming)...

Skip Towne
09-04-2005, 12:05 PM

Yeah, asshole, leave Katie alone, she's mine.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-04-2005, 12:05 PM
Well, I thought you went off and started a business on your own. But then you say, "No, I'm not working,..."
OH... no....... I'm not working because it's Sunday.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-04-2005, 12:06 PM

I deserved it.

FloridaChief
09-04-2005, 12:09 PM
Yeah, asshole, leave Katie alone, she's mine.

I've talked to Katie. She's not into the living dead. So sorry...

morphius
09-04-2005, 12:09 PM
OH... no....... I'm not working because it's Sunday.

Thats good to hear then.

luv
09-04-2005, 12:10 PM
Thanks man. I've lost 14 pounds in the last two weeks. That's good. I need to make some money to save some.
If you're losing weight that well, make a bet with soomeone else who is dieting as to who can get to their desired weight first. Of course, I lost $20 doing that earlier this year.

luv
09-04-2005, 12:12 PM
I couldn't agree more. I may not want to work out or feel like working out as I'm getting ready to, but I always feel better after I do. Or inviting a friend over for dinner or to hang out usually cheers me up to. Excellent advice.

J Diddy
09-04-2005, 12:14 PM
If you're losing weight that well, make a bet with soomeone else who is dieting as to who can get to their desired weight first. Of course, I lost $20 doing that earlier this year.

Hey wanna bet?

stevieray
09-04-2005, 12:15 PM
I want you to think about the worst thing that's happened to you in the past...

did you make it through?

You'll make it though this too.

Life is 95% attitude. Keep your chin up. Self pity is paralyzing. Only through adversity do we realize what joy is.

R&GHomer
09-04-2005, 01:07 PM
I just got a date with a really cute 23 year old Hispanic girl that works at the local liquor store. Sorry if that doesn't help you, but it's doing alot for me at the moment.

Edit: Best thing is, todays my 35th Birthday and I was feeling much the same way as you. Took a chance and asked her out, I'm glad I did.

FloridaChief
09-04-2005, 01:14 PM
I can assure you as soon as I regain the power to neg-rep, I'm gonna visit a certain someone. You wanted a shit-sucking, brown stain rep war, stupid bitch? It's on.

IT IS ON....f*ckface....

WilliamTheIrish
09-04-2005, 01:24 PM
Hang in there beer me. Life throws a ton of lemons a ya sometimes. Making lemonade out of it is up to you, my friend.

This is a good read. Amid all the finger pointing that's going on in this mess, (especially by the usual suspects on this board) you don't have to look too far to find that many good humans risked themselves for others.

It also shows that no matter how bad you think you have it, somebody always has it worse. So, we'll give you the mandatory 24 hours of allowable self pity, then it time to grab your coffeee and paper and head out there to amke a difference.

Deal?

My hero is a bus thief (http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/metropolitan/casey/3335904)

When I heard President Bush on Thursday morning call for "zero tolerance of people breaking the law during an emergency such as this," it gave me shivers.

ADVERTISEMENT

I know he wanted to send a tough message to thugs stealing guns, drugs and flat-panel televisions, holding up hospitals, shooting at helicopters.

But doesn't he realize he would be heard by the moral equivalent of school administrators?

These are people who suspend girls for bringing Midol in their purses or butter knives in their lunchboxes.

What would they do to a kid who steals a bus?

When he arrived at the Astrodome about 10 p.m. Wednesday, 20-year-old Jabbar Gibson modestly confessed that he had commandeered a school bus in New Orleans, then picked up about 70 passengers before heading out for the 13-hour trek to Houston.

Stealing a bus is a felony.

It's also an act of heroism.

There's something about the obliteration of a city and all its survival systems of social support and discipline that messes with moral norms.

When they arrived at the Astrodome, Gibson and his passengers raised another moral question. Should they be let in?

Skip Towne
09-04-2005, 01:34 PM
I can assure you as soon as I regain the power to neg-rep, I'm gonna visit a certain someone. You wanted a shit-sucking, brown stain rep war, stupid bitch? It's on.

IT IS ON....f*ckface....
Haha, you got nothing........well, except for a big mouth.

FloridaChief
09-04-2005, 01:37 PM

You're walking dead, shitstain...

Skip Towne
09-04-2005, 01:39 PM
You're walking dead, shitstain...
Yeah, I'm terrified of your pissy little rep ability.

Bwana
09-04-2005, 01:44 PM
I'm not feeling the love in this thread anymore. :hmmm:

Hey Beer, fire up the Q, grab yourself a nice fat steak, some tasty beverages and kick back and relax. :toast:

~Free advise from Doc Bwana~

FloridaChief
09-04-2005, 01:44 PM

You are NOTHING, bitch-boy! Zero to anything that could possibily matter, you kid-touching sodomite.

The death penalty is in your near future, Pedophilia-Towne...

go bowe
09-04-2005, 01:49 PM
how's this for positivity?

you're not my friend from junior high who's been married 36 years and now his goofy wife is divorcing him...

:D :D :D

alanm
09-04-2005, 01:53 PM
Between the hurricane, gas prices, Iraq, my divorce, my finances, having a really bad cold/flu over the last few days and the Chiefs having an 0-4 pre-season (no I'm not honestly comparing), I've really had enough negativity to last me a lifetime recently. No, I'm not calling myself a victim... my life is much better than a lot of peoples...especially those in the south, right now.

Can someone please post something that is positive? Do we really have to worry about injuries to Chiefs players that haven't even happened?

Btw... I've never been more proud than when my mom called me yesterday and told me she wouldn't be home the rest of the weekend (I was thinking about going to see her if I felt up to it) because she was going to be giving up the rest of her long weekend off to go to Atchison KS and help get hurricane refugees get settled in that are being brought up to stay for a while. Mom has always been my hero and now is even more. God bless you Atchison, Kansas and everywhere that people are doing good in the face of bad. I wish I could be there too.
Scottsbluff, here is Western Nebraska is taking on a load of refugees as well. Don't know how many but it's good to see small town America stepping up to bat. Course you won't see any of this make the news since it's not negative to Bush.

Skip Towne
09-04-2005, 02:05 PM
You are NOTHING, bitch-boy! Zero to anything that could possibily matter, you kid-touching sodomite.

The death penalty is in your near future, Pedophilia-Towne...
Big talk from a piss ant.

Frankie
09-04-2005, 02:09 PM
yes. thanks. I'm wearing faded blue jeans and a brown t-shirt though.

Are they tight?!

OK I really didn't mean to ask that. It was a joke.
:p