PDA

View Full Version : Season predictions

mississippichiefan
09-04-2005, 03:36 PM
11-5 or 12-4 , division champs and we will make a very serious Super Bowl run . Go Chiefs !!!!!!!!

PRIEST
09-04-2005, 03:47 PM
Hard to say at this point ,big ? at the cb spot till warfield get's back,Chiefs have rookie lb starting, how is Bell gonna play, is Trent gonna be ready? Dick ran a soft training camp this year,second string QB big ? if Trent can't go,

PRIEST
09-04-2005, 03:53 PM
Oh yeah 10-6

Braincase
09-04-2005, 04:08 PM
Same prediction, different year. 19-0, Superbowl Champions

John_Wayne
09-04-2005, 04:22 PM
Predicting 10-6 is gutless (respectfully). Everyone predicts 10-6 for almost every team. I'm predicting 14-2. Our offense could be the same or slightly better this year. We've got a better WRs in Parker and Boerigter. We've got a powerful RB in LJ. Kris Wilson will add new wrinkles to the offense as well. I think our defesne will be vastly improved. With Dante, our ST should countinue to be good. Our punting should be much better. Our kicking should be the same. It wasn't great last year and it won't be that great this year.

RedDread
09-04-2005, 04:28 PM
12-4, starting the season 2-2 W/W/L/L Steamrolling the rest of our schedule, 1st round bye, beat the wildcard Ravens, beat the Colts in the AFC championship game, Chiefs > Panthers in the SB

KChiefs1
09-04-2005, 04:42 PM
11-5
AFC West Champs
two playoff wins(vs Pittsburgh & Baltimore)
Loss in the AFC Championship game.

Gravedigger
09-04-2005, 04:44 PM
12-4 second bye next to colts beat pittsburgh first game beat colts afc championship play falcons in superbowl win trophy celebration in the streets of KC.

Bwana
09-04-2005, 04:46 PM
I'll go with the "gutless" 10-6 / playoffs 2nd round.

Ari Chi3fs
09-04-2005, 04:49 PM
13-3 Home Playoff Loss.

(Its an Odd year, 2005)

95,97,03 we are due for 13-3

memyselfI
09-04-2005, 04:57 PM
10-6 if Trent stays healthy, if not you don't want to know.

Woodrow Call
09-04-2005, 05:26 PM
New York Jets W
at Oakland Raiders L
at Denver Broncos L
Philadelphia Eagles W
Bye
Washington Redskins W
at Miami Dolphins W
at San Diego Chargers L
Oakland Raiders W
at Buffalo Bills L
at Houston Texans W
New England Patriots W
Denver Broncos W
at Dallas Cowboys W
at New York Giants W
San Diego Chargers W
Cincinnati Bengals W

I say 12-4 is very doable. 7 game winning streak heading into the playoffs.

kcjayhawks5
09-04-2005, 05:31 PM
9-7 but im optimistic

MGRS13
09-04-2005, 06:31 PM
6 and 10....0 and 4 in the first month and never able to dig out of the hole.

Count Alex's Losses
09-04-2005, 06:58 PM
You are all pussies.

16-0

Logical
09-04-2005, 07:55 PM
I predict a slow start and a strong finish to go 11-5 and finish just strong enough for a Wild Card birth.

Count Alex's Losses
09-04-2005, 07:55 PM
I predict a slow start and a strong finish to go 11-5 and finish just strong enough for a Wild Card birth.

11-5 will win the divison. WTF is going 12-4?

Logical
09-04-2005, 07:58 PM
11-5 will win the divison. WTF is going 12-4?I would say either Denver or San Diego could not sure which one will. I think Denver has the talent to go 14-2 but I think they will blow a few along the way.

Count Alex's Losses
09-04-2005, 08:01 PM
I would say either Denver or San Diego could not sure which one will. I think Denver has the talent to go 14-2 but I think they will blow a few along the way.

Surely you are joking. Plummer is good for 4 losses a year on his own.

Who knows what this injury to Champ Bailey will do.

Halfcan
09-04-2005, 08:02 PM
Wow I must be on here to much when I see my threads getting recycled so much. But I predict 11-5 barring no injuries to TG, PH, Gonzo, DJ, LJ, WS, WR, and Todd Collins-just joking.

Logical
09-04-2005, 08:03 PM
Surely you are joking. Plummer is good for 4 losses a year on his own.

Who knows what this injury to Champ Bailey will do.I said they had the talent, not that they would succeed.

FloridaChief
09-04-2005, 08:06 PM
9-7 this year. Yeah, it sucks...

runnercyclist
09-04-2005, 09:23 PM
New York Jets W
at Oakland W
at Denver Broncos W
Philadelphia Eagles L
Bye
Washington Redskins W
at Miami Dolphins W
at San Diego Chargers W
Oakland W
at Buffalo Bills W
at Houston Texans W
New England Patriots L
Denver Broncos W
at Dallas Cowboys W
at New York Giants W
San Diego Chargers W
Cincinnati Bengals W

14-2

Uatu
09-04-2005, 09:53 PM
New York Jets W
at Oakland W
at Denver Broncos L
Philadelphia Eagles L
Bye
Washington Redskins W
at Miami Dolphins W
at San Diego Chargers L
Oakland W
at Buffalo Bills W
at Houston Texans W
New England Patriots L
Denver Broncos W
at Dallas Cowboys W
at New York Giants W
San Diego Chargers W
Cincinnati Bengals L

11-5

Logical
09-04-2005, 10:10 PM
New York Jets W
at Oakland W
at Denver Broncos L
Philadelphia Eagles L
Bye
Washington Redskins W
at Miami Dolphins W
at San Diego Chargers L
Oakland W
at Buffalo Bills W
at Houston Texans W
New England Patriots L
Denver Broncos W
at Dallas Cowboys W
at New York Giants W
San Diego Chargers W
Cincinnati Bengals L

11-5Wow that is exactly how I would pick em as well.:thumb:

mississippichiefan
09-04-2005, 10:37 PM
Seems like most of us think about the same , playoffs and a run at the Super Bowl , I can't wait till Sunday . Go Chiefs !!!!

Psyko Tek
09-04-2005, 10:44 PM
13-3 Home Playoff Loss.

(Its an Odd year, 2005)

95,97,03 we are due for 13-3

just cause it's true doesn't mena you have to say it :deevee:

KCinNY
09-04-2005, 10:57 PM
12-4.

Much improved defense helps give Chiefs a 1st round bye.

keg in kc
09-04-2005, 10:57 PM
0-16, but a really nice draft pick.

csuramfan
09-04-2005, 11:34 PM
I'm new to the planet. Great site, you guys look to be real knowlegeable about the chiefs and AFC football in general. As a Denver fan, I root against you guys, but atleast I respect you KC Fans for being passionate and knowledgeable fans (unlike the classless chOakland Faider and sandy eggo fair weather fans). Best of luck to the chefs on the upcoming season, and I truely hope that Green's clot issues is resolved, and does not pose a long term health risk...I am sure the doctor's he is dealing with know what they are doing

Now for my Prediction (as seen through orange colored glasses) I think you guys will finish 10-6 with a wild card. I think you defense improves considerably this year, but the AFC west has a brutal non conference sched this year. Denver 12-4 (homer call I know); Sandy eggo 8-8; chOakland Raiders Faiders 4-12 (sh!tbags will never prosper)

BTW, is LJ the real deal or what? I see that Priest Holmes is listed ahead of LJ on the depth chart. Is Priest back from his injury? Do you see Priest and LJ splitting time, or does Priest get the majority of the carriers right off the bat.

CoMoChief
09-04-2005, 11:40 PM
Heres the way I look at it...

NYJ - Tough opener, but with Arrowhead rockin, the defense will be fired up and Curtis Martin won't do shit IMO. Jets will not stop us offensively either. Prediction: WIN

@OAK - Randy Moss will probably score a TD or 2, but Jordan is not a dominant back, as our run defense should be alot better. Oakland may be able to put up some points this year but their defense is so shitty, our offense will score no less than 200 points against them. Prediction: WIN

@DEN - As much as I think the Broncos will tank this season, leaving Shanarat out of a job, I have to go with history on this one as a DV Chiefs team has yet to beat Denver in the mile high city. I say we come out of this one as the losing team. Prediction: LOSE

PHILLY - Donovan McNabb will have trouble audibling with the Arrowhead noise. I say we approach this game like we did to last season's ATL game. We blitz the hell out of McNabb, and run the ball, take advantage of their young DT, and control the clock. Im gonna go out on a limb and say we win a close one at home. Prediction: WIN

Washington - The return of the Chiefs nemesis, Clinton Portis. I say he goes over 100 yards rushing and a TD, but the Washington passing game is so horrible, I don't think they are gonna win too many games with Ramsey at QB. He will be a victim of Surtain IMO. We also get Warfield and Welbourn back this game. Chiefs win a blowout I think. Prediction: WIN

@Miami - History shows that we play like shit in the state of Florida, but this Miami is so terrible, that there is NO WAY we lose this game. There experienced secondary is now on our side (heh) and I say we pass all over this team. Blowout IMO. Prediction: WIN

@SD - A clash of the AFCWest Titans. This will be a dogfight IMO. If Brees can do what he did last season, or close to it (and I think he can) then this team will be dangerous in our division. I will give this game to SD considering we are playing them at their place. Prediction: LOSE

OAK - Rematch of Moss vs. the Chiefs. OAK never wins at Arrowhead, and we will once again run up the score against them. The defense will play better at Arrowhead, blowout IMO. Prediction: WIN

@BUF - This team's defense may be able to contain our offense for most of the game. This will be a defensive dogfight IMO. Losman won't do anything his first season. Chiefs win a close one. Prediction: WIN

@HOU - The Chiefs will look for revenge against last years upset. We kick their ass, period. Prediction: WIN

NE - If NE can still get it done despite losing alot of key players, then they will win the game and once again be serious contenders for the Super Bowl, if not, then they are gonna suck IMO. Based on history and alot of people doubting them every year, I say they can still get it done. They still have Tom Brady. Quite frankly, that's all they need. (I f*cking HATE Steven A. Smith, he nevers shuts his damn mouth, and his show sucks.) Chiefs lose in a close one. Prediction: LOSE

DEN - Plummer sucks at Arrowhead and always will. No more of this naked bootleg shit as DJ will rock his ass like nobody's business. Blowout IMO. Prediction: WIN

@DAL - This is a team that I think can be very dangerous. I say we lose this one in a close one. Their defense is gonna be very good IMO, as Ware seems like the only player capable of taking away Def Rookie of the Year award from DJ. Getting Price was a good move as him and Bledsoe were always on the same page in Buffalo. Prediction: LOSE

@NYG - Well, Eli has a year under his belt but that won't matter because he will still have happy feet in the pocket. Their defense isn't that great and I think we run it up their ass all day. Plaxico will be tough this year though IMO. Prediction: WIN

SD - Another clash of the AFCWest Titans. At this point in the season we are trying to snatch home field advantage in the playoffs. I think there's a sense of urgency there and I think we play our asses off and win this close game. Prediction: WIN

CIN - This game depends on whether we racked up home field advantage or not. At this point we are 11-4, which could very well be enough for home field in a tough AFC. If we have home field, then we might play our backups and we might lose this one as our starters rest for the playoffs. If there is no way we can clinch homefield, or a 1-2 seed in that matter, then we might rest them anyway. But if we clinch a 1-2 seed by winning this game, then we will win this game, nuff said. Prediction: WIN

2005 regular season record: 12-4 AFC West Division Champions

Now all of this is considering we stay healthy. If any player like Trent Green, T-Rich, Gonzo, Shields, Roaf, Waters, any DT, DJ, Bell, Surtain, Knight, Colquitt were to get injured, then my prediction on the season would be much different, especially if Trent goes down (OMG I would damn near shoot myself if that happened).

Chiefs Pantalones
09-04-2005, 11:50 PM
I feel great about this year. I'm so pumped.

Count Alex's Losses
09-04-2005, 11:51 PM

I'm not. I'm deathly afraid everything is going to go wrong.

If we lose to the Jets, this season is going to suck. That's my prediction.

KCJake
09-05-2005, 12:09 AM
I will give it a shot...

New York Jets W
at Oakland W
at Denver Broncos L
Philadelphia Eagles W
Bye
Washington Redskins W
at Miami Dolphins W
at San Diego Chargers L
Oakland W
at Buffalo Bills L
at Houston Texans W
New England Patriots W
Denver Broncos W
at Dallas Cowboys L
at New York Giants W
San Diego Chargers W
Cincinnati Bengals W

12-4

After reading through everyone's predictions, I realized one thing,
DAMN we have a tough schedule.

craneref
09-05-2005, 12:25 AM
At this time of the season the only prediction I can make as a CHIEFS fan is 16-0, and of course a sweep of the playoffs to bring us the Superbowl and break the 1972 Dolphins hearts. GO CHIEFS.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-05-2005, 12:28 AM
I'm not. I'm deathly afraid everything is going to go wrong.

If we lose to the Jets, this season is going to suck. That's my prediction.

I'm going to the game. We will beat the Jets.

Rausch
09-05-2005, 12:33 AM
2-3 start turns into an 11-5 finish...

keg in kc
09-05-2005, 12:33 AM
After reading through everyone's predictions, I realized one thing,
DAMN we have a tough schedule.Thankfully, so do the Broncos, Chargers and Raiders.

Scalper
09-05-2005, 12:34 AM
All our losses will be on the road: Denver, Miami, Dallas. 13-3 AFC West Champs and the road to Detriot will have to come through KC!

greg63
09-05-2005, 01:01 AM

:hmmm:…Difficult to say, except that I too feel optimistic. The Offence will be there as long as Trent and company stay healthy. I believe the Defense is much stronger against the run. The Pass Defense is still quite a question mark. But, I will guess at 12-4.