PDA

View Full Version : Any of our cuts claimed...

runnercyclist
09-04-2005, 07:44 PM
Any of our cuts claimed yet? Have we picked up anyone? When will the practice squad be released? I see many other teams PS publicized already...

ANXIOUS

KChiefs1
09-04-2005, 07:50 PM
not that I can find....but Miami & Atlanta are definitely raiding some teams....

Falcons | Lowe Officially Claimed off Waivers
Sun, 4 Sep 2005 17:50:39 -0700

AtlantaFalcons.com reports the Atlanta Falcons have claimed S Omare Lowe off waivers from the Seattle Seahawks.

Falcons | Torrence Claimed off Waivers
Sun, 4 Sep 2005 17:49:51 -0700

AtlantaFalcons.com reports the Atlanta Falcons have claimed CB Leigh Torrence off waivers from the Green Bay Packers.

Falcons | B. Thomas Claimed off Waivers
Sun, 4 Sep 2005 17:49:06 -0700

AtlantaFalcons.com reports the Atlanta Falcons have claimed DE Benard Thomas off waivers from the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Falcons | Claxton Claimed off Waivers
Sun, 4 Sep 2005 17:48:46 -0700

AtlantaFalcons.com reports the Atlanta Falcons have claimed OG Ben Claxton off waivers from the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Dolphins | McGill Officially Claimed off Waivers
Sun, 4 Sep 2005 17:13:11 -0700

Updating a previous story, MiamiDolphins.com reports the Miami Dolphins have officially claimed DT Tim McGill off waivers from the New York Jets.

Dolphins | E. Jackson Claimed off Waivers
Sun, 4 Sep 2005 17:12:17 -0700

MiamiDolphins.com reports the Miami Dolphins have claimed CB Eddie Jackson off waivers from the Carolina Panthers.

Dolphins | Heller Claimed off Waivers
Sun, 4 Sep 2005 17:11:18 -0700

MiamiDolphins.com reports the Miami Dolphins have claimed TE Will Heller off waivers from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Dolphins | Eckel Claimed off Waivers
Sun, 4 Sep 2005 17:10:51 -0700

MiamiDolphins.com reports the Miami Dolphins have claimed FB Kyle Eckel off waivers from the New England Patriots.

the Talking Can
09-04-2005, 07:57 PM
I just want Thorpe to make it.

Lilja, who we lost last year, is starting for the Colts.

morphius
09-04-2005, 08:01 PM

Have to wonder if Rice retires if the Donx wouldn't just jump all over Thorpe.

Bowser
09-04-2005, 08:04 PM

That was a shit move by CP [/obvious]

KChiefs1
09-04-2005, 08:58 PM
Lilja should have never been cut.

Consistent1
09-04-2005, 09:01 PM
Have to wonder if Rice retires if the Donx wouldn't just jump all over Thorpe.

You know, Rice is such an asshole. They gave him the chance to come in and extend his career, which he wanted. He makes it, but not to his liking, so he is gonna fold. One of the best ever, but STILL the best in his own mind. I hope we don't have to hear about this crap w/ Rice again. Just stay retired..dang...

shaneo69
09-04-2005, 09:04 PM
The Broncos picked up Cedric Cobbs for their practice squad.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=4607

milkman
09-05-2005, 07:00 AM
The Broncos picked up Cedric Cobbs for their practice squad.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=4607

I thought this was kind of interesting.

Denver also added running back Cedric Cobbs, guard Rob Hunt and defensive end Corey Jackson; each had been waived by the New England Patriots, Indianapolis Colts and Cleveland Browns, respectively, in recent days.

Just another Brownco in the mix!

Mecca
09-05-2005, 07:05 AM
I thought this was kind of interesting.

Just another Brownco in the mix!

I caught ESPN radio a little earlier, Chris Mortensen was on. He said the Broncos would be the good team that no one is talking about right now. Then proceded to talk about how he thinks the Browns lineman are good and will make their defense better, and how their offense is better.

It was very bizarre and funny at the same time. I'd like to know how guys who never been good are going to make a team better.

milkman
09-05-2005, 07:19 AM
I caught ESPN radio a little earlier, Chris Mortensen was on. He said the Broncos would be the good team that no one is talking about right now. Then proceded to talk about how he thinks the Browns lineman are good and will make their defense better, and how their offense is better.

It was very bizarre and funny at the same time. I'd like to know how guys who never been good are going to make a team better.

A change of scenery sometimes helps.

But 4-5 guys, I just don't see it.

A different position coach.

That sometimes has some effect, but in this case, the Broncos hired the Browns D-Line coach for the same position.

So I am left scratching my head in bewilderment.

As for the offense, that's just another case of the media types sucking rat balls.

mikey23545
09-05-2005, 07:21 AM

It's called Clarett's Syndrome....

RedandGold
09-05-2005, 07:39 AM
It's called Clarett's Syndrome....

Nice!!!

:thumb:

chief52
09-05-2005, 08:05 AM
You know, Rice is such an asshole. They gave him the chance to come in and extend his career, which he wanted. He makes it, but not to his liking, so he is gonna fold. One of the best ever, but STILL the best in his own mind. I hope we don't have to hear about this crap w/ Rice again. Just stay retired..dang...

Very true. I heard Ronnie Lott talking about Rice last season. He said Jerry just needs to retire! He has done it all and it is time to move on.

I agree.