PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Black

Frankie
09-04-2005, 08:00 PM
Two things gnaw at me about him:

1- Didn't he fill in capably last year as our RT? How come he sucks as RT now? The Chiefs seem not able to run to the right and Our starting QBs have gotten terrible pressure from his side.

2- Is it true that he is actually being groomed to be Roaf's successor on the left side? If true, do you think that is what's affecting his RT play?

(Hopefully with Kevin Sampson coming back next week this problem will be solved, although I have to question the level of Sampson's readiness.)

Any thoughts about this?

Bowser
09-04-2005, 08:03 PM
Jordan Black is crap on Madden '06. It's that simple, really.

Halfcan
09-04-2005, 08:04 PM
nope

Frankie
09-04-2005, 08:11 PM
nope
Huh?

jiveturkey
09-04-2005, 08:12 PM
Is Sampson definately in next week?

milkman
09-04-2005, 08:12 PM
Jordan Black is crap on Madden '06. It's that simple, really.

Yeah, 'cause Madden is so realistic!

Mr. Laz
09-04-2005, 08:13 PM

1- Didn't he fill in capably last year as our RT? How come he sucks as RT now? The Chiefs seem not able to run to the right and Our starting QBs have gotten terrible pressure from his side.

2- Is it true that he is actually being groomed to be Roaf's successor on the left side? If true, do you think that is what's affecting his RT play?

(Hopefully with Kevin Sampson coming back next week this problem will be solved, although I have to question the level of Sampson's readiness.)

Any thoughts about this?
so did someone 2 days ago on the 10th page of a thread say they have some doubts about jordan black or you just having your monthly cycle?

dam

laz
~wonders where these bitchy threads come from~

Bowser
09-04-2005, 08:17 PM
Yeah, 'cause Madden is so realistic!

You betcha! Watch out for Derrick Burrgess this year. He had 9 tackles, 5 sacks and 1 forced fumble against the Chiefs.

But on the bright side, Randy Moss was held to 1 catch for 11 yards.

milkman
09-04-2005, 08:17 PM

Any thoughts about this?

I think young players have more difficulty with maintaining proper technique when they move from one side to the other, then back, which is the reason for his struggles now, and also the reason originally that he wasn't getting much work on the right side earlier.

I think the Chiefs wanted to have him concentrate on proper technique for the LT position because they were grooming him to replace Roaf, and also to have him ready in case he was needed there this season.

Frankie
09-04-2005, 10:27 PM
I think young players have more difficulty with maintaining proper technique when they move from one side to the other, then back, which is the reason for his struggles now, and also the reason originally that he wasn't getting much work on the right side earlier.

I think the Chiefs wanted to have him concentrate on proper technique for the LT position because they were grooming him to replace Roaf, and also to have him ready in case he was needed there this season.
Finally, an informative/serious reply! It seems not long ago I read that he was the heir apparent at the LT spot. I just hope, if they really see that potential in him, they'd let Solari work him towards that goal. He's not helping much on the right side IMO.

go bowe
09-04-2005, 10:31 PM
it's kinda weird...

didn't he sub for brian waters a few times last year when waters had that bicep or tricep injury?

seemed like he did a very good job of that...

wasn't he part of the crew that handled big mouth ray ray?

it is strange that he seems to be struggling with playing rt...

Pants
09-04-2005, 10:35 PM
it's kinda weird...

didn't he sub for brian waters a few times last year when waters had that bicep or tricep injury?

seemed like he did a very good job of that...

wasn't he part of the crew that handled big mouth ray ray?

it is strange that he seems to be struggling with playing rt...

Could he be hurt?

go bowe
09-04-2005, 10:35 PM
when he was drafted, they said brett williams would be the next lt...

but, so far, he hasn't done diddly...

in fact, he was embarassing when he played regardless of the position...

i'm really surprised they're keeping him on injured reserve...

heck, i'm surprised they didn't cut him with sampson coming on like he is...

go bowe
09-04-2005, 10:37 PM
Could he be hurt?haven't heard anything about him being injured...

maybe playing next to willie roaf helped when he subbed for waters... :D :D :D

jspchief
09-04-2005, 10:47 PM
Is he really the reason we are struggling on the right side?

Shields has seen pretty limited snaps in the pre-season IIRC, maybe it has as much to do with that as anything else. We've also been missing Dunn a lot.

There are a lot more elements to our offense that haven't played or have played pretty sparingly. I imagine once we get everyone in, things will shape up.

If not, we just run left all the time. It's not like we couldn't.

Frankie
09-04-2005, 10:50 PM
Is he really the reason we are struggling on the right side?

Shields has seen pretty limited snaps in the pre-season IIRC, maybe it has as much to do with that as anything else. We've also been missing Dunn a lot.

There are a lot more elements to our offense that haven't played or have played pretty sparingly. I imagine once we get everyone in, things will shape up.

If not, we just run left all the time. It's not like we couldn't.
I don't care if we have Waters, Roaf and an elephant on the left side. If we become one dimensional with our runs they'll stop us.

go bowe
09-04-2005, 10:52 PM
I don't care if we have Waters, Roaf and an elephant on the left side. If we become one dimensional with our runs they'll stop us.roaf and waters are elephants...

booger
09-04-2005, 10:52 PM
I'd say spending most of the offseason and TC at LT and switching back to RT is a big adjustment and would be part of the problem with running to the right side. Also remember Shields is just getting into game shape and has been a bit rusty.

The backup situation is kind of a mess right now IMO. Bober can play anywhere except LT. It looks like Ingram is another option inside at either guard or center. Parquet is strickly a RT imo. And Svitek is no where near ready for game action. I'd say there is a good chance Sampson is active week 1 no matter if he is close to 100% or not in case of an emergency.

Before the Welbourn suspension news I actually liked the idea of keeping Parquett or Ingram. I imagine Svitek will get cut and added to the PS if he clears waivers once the 4 games is up for Welbourn. It wouldn't surprise me to see us take a look at Ian Allen or Darnell Alford either. They were both in our system here as well as other places, Alford in STL and Allen with AZ.

jspchief
09-04-2005, 10:55 PM
I don't care if we have Waters, Roaf and an elephant on the left side. If we become one dimensional with our runs they'll stop us.I don't think so. It's not like we'll stop running to the right, so teams will still have to respect both sides to some extent. We din't run well to the right last year either. Sure didn't seem to hurt our running game overall.

Think about it. How many teams are great all the way across the line? Not many. We still have a great FB, blocking TE, and RG. You mean to tell me that with Shields, Richardson, and Dunn, we won't be able to run to the right simply because our tackle isn't that good?

CoMoChief
09-04-2005, 10:55 PM
Where's John Tait when you need him?

milkman
09-05-2005, 05:54 AM
Where's John Tait when you need him?

Counting his money.