PDA

View Full Version : If you aren't part of the solution, at least don't be part of the problem!!

Electric
09-04-2005, 09:18 PM
We are all arguing politics on this forum. How many of us have attempted to do anything to help our government fix the problems that we see?

I've never seen anyone advocating writing to your congressmen to handle problems, not the trumped up ones that many have came up with to bash the President, but legitimate problems that we face in this country?

I'd say there hasn't been a single one of us that have stepped up to the plate and done what it would take to start a groundswell of support from the people to make changes.

We all talk about what should be done but we sit here on our asses and don't do a flipping thing to help, we badmouth the government or those we see as badmouthing our government.

Each and every one of us here are losers. I decide to no longer participate in the nere do wells that only talk about what's wrong. I'm moving towards spending my time to help.

Yes you bunch of whiners, that means that I'm not going to intentionally post anything in the future on this fourm. My efforts will be to write to my congressmen and senators to indicate what I feel can be done to help.

Enjoy your self gratifying arguing about what is wrong or not to your liking. I may fail, but at least I'm going to try.

Mr. Laz
09-04-2005, 09:24 PM
We all talk about what should be done but we sit here on our asses and don't do a flipping thing to help, we badmouth the government or those we see as badmouthing our government

this quite the change of attitude since the last administration

:hmmm:

Halfcan
09-04-2005, 10:52 PM
WOW Electric you go. I bet your Senator will make your letter and fixing the problems you have graciously outlined his or her top priority. I can see their to do list now.

1. Fix all the problems in Electrics letter.
2. Nail my secretary.
3. Play golf.
4. Spend big oil contributions on coke.
5. Send electric a thank you letter.

The world is f#cked up and there is nothing you can do about it. Fix your own life's problems, that would be a great start.

Logical
09-04-2005, 10:59 PM
We are all arguing politics on this forum. How many of us have attempted to do anything to help our government fix the problems that we see?

I've never seen anyone advocating writing to your congressmen to handle problems, not the trumped up ones that many have came up with to bash the President, but legitimate problems that we face in this country?...I do plan on writing my Congressman and Senators asking them to start an inquiry into the Bush administrations incompetence in handling FEMA and to look into forcing the administration to withdraw from Iraq to allocate those wasted resources on the rebuilding of the Gulf Coast.

the Talking Can
09-04-2005, 11:09 PM
your congressman likes you as much as we do....

Halfcan
09-05-2005, 12:58 PM
Hey electric, before you get out a big nasty paint brush and color us all losers for the problems in the world, how about looking in the mirror first. All you said was I am gonna do this or that. You havn't done shit but call out people you do not know. For the record I am the Founder of a childrens charity that I am getting off the ground. It is a licensed non-profit corporation in Missouri called Umbrella of Hope Children's Foundation. It has been a slow process, but will provide among other things, instraments to underprivilaged kids that would just have to take a study hall instead of learning music. I am also donating money through my work-they will double my contribution to provide aid to the hurrican.

Sorry about the sarcasm in the previous post, but if Ted Koppel on Nightline can rip the director of FEMA a new azzhole on tv and it doesn't do any good. What makes you think your letter will make a difference?

How about doing something that will matter, like donating blood, donating food or money, coaching kids in your neighborhood, be a big brother in the Big Brother program. Go to the local grade school and volunteer to help troubled kids learn how to read-this will change their life forever. Join Habitat for Humanity, march in a parade for the March of Dimes Programs. Help an elderly lady in your neighborhood get her house and yard cleaned up. You see I have done all of these things and continue to do them. It starts with you and the positive impact you can make if you open yours eyes and see the problems and then do something about it. Calling people losers on a forum and writing a letter is just an excuse to not get involved. So like I said look in the mirror.

the Talking Can
09-05-2005, 01:33 PM
tom cash, I didn't bother to read the no doubt offensive pm you sent me...but I would like to point out that it takes a real huge pussy to waste time sending one...

WilliamTheIrish
09-05-2005, 01:43 PM
Yes you bunch of whiners, that means that I'm not going to intentionally post anything in the future on this fourm.

So does that mean you'll be posting unintentionally? I hope not.

My efforts will be to write to my congressmen and senators to indicate what I feel can be done to help.

He'll know it's your letter by crayola colors, huh?

Halfcan
09-05-2005, 01:55 PM
yeah talking can I got one too. That really makes the world a better place now doesn't it. In the time it took him to pm-ten babies died in NO, five women were raped, and 3 elderly died waiting for a bus. He could of had his first draft to the President done by then too.

WilliamTheIrish
09-05-2005, 01:56 PM
yeah talking can I got one too. That really makes the world a better place now doesn't it. In the time it took him to pm-ten babies died in NO, five women were raped, and 3 elderly died waiting for a bus. He could of had his first draft to the President done by then too.
Hay, I just got one too.

I may have to post it. If I read it.

Halfcan
09-05-2005, 02:04 PM
Here is mine. "Opionions like yours are the reason this board will never be anything but assholes calling other assholes names. You ARE part of the problem."

Man I would like to see the letter he is writing, I bet that is really going to rachet up the relief effort.

Pitt Gorilla
09-05-2005, 02:08 PM
Another guy whining about people whining.

WilliamTheIrish
09-05-2005, 02:12 PM
That you are truly a jerk.

Play on the planet and do nothing for your country, that seems to be the norm there

Thanks Electric.

I'll have you know that you have shamed me to the point that I can hardly look myself in the mirror.

Crushed, I am.

KC Jones
09-05-2005, 02:13 PM
Dude, my posting here is so totally helping the situation. You see, by posting my like totally awesome opinions on CP I generate waves of positive karma that reach through the etherfibercat5 cables and like totally help people. The problem is that your like totally downer posts cancel mine out for a net 0 karma effect. :(

memyselfI
09-05-2005, 02:13 PM

I've never seen anyone advocating writing to your congressmen to handle problems, not the trumped up ones that many have came up with to bash the President, but legitimate problems that we face in this country?

I'd say there hasn't been a single one of us that have stepped up to the plate and done what it would take to start a groundswell of support from the people to make changes.

We all talk about what should be done but we sit here on our asses and don't do a flipping thing to help, we badmouth the government or those we see as badmouthing our government.

Each and every one of us here are losers. I decide to no longer participate in the nere do wells that only talk about what's wrong. I'm moving towards spending my time to help.

Yes you bunch of whiners, that means that I'm not going to intentionally post anything in the future on this fourm. My efforts will be to write to my congressmen and senators to indicate what I feel can be done to help.

Enjoy your self gratifying arguing about what is wrong or not to your liking. I may fail, but at least I'm going to try.

I'm not going to call my Congresspeople. Why? Because my best friend did on Wed. She wanted to ask Pat Roberts and Sam Brownback what they were doing to encourage the President to get his act together and help the folks in the South.

Robert's office told her that Pat Roberts was doing nothing because it's not his state and therefore not his concern. Brownback's office at least took her name and promised to convey her concern to the Senator who was planning on talking to the WH soon.

penchief
09-05-2005, 03:01 PM
Sounds like Electric got tired of getting owned by De nise and Jim.

Electric
09-05-2005, 04:01 PM
Sounds like Electric got tired of getting owned by De nise and Jim.

Owned? By a radical and someone that is only logical some of the time?

I've decided that this is not the place to be an activist, NOTHING ever will come of the posts here!!

Pitt Gorilla
09-05-2005, 04:21 PM
Owned? By a radical and someone that is only logical some of the time?

I've decided that this is not the place to be an activist, NOTHING ever will come of the posts here!!
Then stop posting. You can't even take your own advice.

Bowser
09-05-2005, 04:26 PM
ROFL

|Zach|
09-06-2005, 01:00 AM
He is a coward and a jaded loser...par for the course.

La de dah.

Lets move on.

Taco John
09-06-2005, 01:34 AM
I agree with Tom on this point: He is a loser.

Electric
09-06-2005, 04:37 AM
He is a coward and a jaded loser...par for the course.

La de dah.

Lets move on.

Name calling, what could be expected from you? Nothing more, nothing less.

Electric
09-06-2005, 04:39 AM
I agree with Tom on this point: He is a loser.

I commented that we all are losers in this respect. I honestly believe that you are worse than Den ise. You are a fence rider that will support any issue that it seems like others are against.

The thing we all lose while being on this site, not to mention your site and others of the same nature is the time we have been given to make a difference. As long as you are on them you will never make a difference in this country.

Braincase
09-06-2005, 06:11 AM
I commented that we all are losers in this respect. I honestly believe that you are worse than Den ise. You are a fence rider that will support any issue that it seems like others are against.

I'm kind of the same sort of "fence-rider" as TJ is on some issues, but I prefer to be called a "Devil's Advocate". I like to point out the problems of any solution, as the solutions I prefer are those that have been thought out.

Right now there are a lot of people saying, "There's the problem! Let's go!". I'm the sort of assclown that responds with, "Go where? How are we getting there? What are we going to do when we get there? What is our budget? Will there be pie?".

Yes, I am and will remain critical of the administration for the way it is handling disasters. Between 9/11, the Iraq War, The Search for Osama, The Economy, The Federal Budget, The Space Program, Katrina and other things I haven't gotten around to yet, the one word that exemplifies the Bush Administration is "Disaster".

Taco John
09-06-2005, 08:49 AM

The thing we all lose while being on this site, not to mention your site and others of the same nature is the time we have been given to make a difference. As long as you are on them you will never make a difference in this country.

blah blah blah... I'm a lot of things. A fence rider! ROFL I've never been called that before.

You're a clown. Dance clown.

RedDread
09-06-2005, 09:02 AM
I agree with Electric, we need to get off our asses and overthrow the government, viva la revolucion!

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/82/3455/640/che.jpg

ptlyon
09-06-2005, 09:32 AM
http://us.st5.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/demotivators_1862_5598908

Saulbadguy
09-06-2005, 09:42 AM
I don't really care, I just enjoy complaining.

chagrin
09-06-2005, 09:49 AM
Electric - That's a pretty general statement to make. Some of us, at least myself, have made the attempt to get "things started". I began writing my governer years ago, I vote, I donate, I have gone to City Copuncil meetings, I have participated in fund raising efforts, organized fund raising efforts, face to face, I have asked questions of my state Senator (Colorado, Louisiana, Michigan so far when I lived there) and expressed disappointment or support. Most people do like to simply read their own words, but not all people are "part of the problem."

I don't hang here alot, because I choose not to be part of the political arguing. I will tell you this though, I have made my stance perfectly clear on the war, the troops, the Hurricane, pointing fingers, etc.

Just my 2 cents, carry on. I am going back to the Lounge.

Saulbadguy
09-06-2005, 09:53 AM
This will easily be parlayed in to "I served my country. What have you done you stupid civilian?"

RedDread
09-06-2005, 10:27 AM
This will easily be parlayed in to "I served my country. What have you done you stupid civilian?"

Quoted for Truth

Halfcan
09-06-2005, 12:48 PM
Hey Electric I see NO is still a mess, I guess you havn't finished your letter yet. Hurry up and send it in so this country can use your solutions to make the world a better place.