PDA

View Full Version : Here is my list of players that I hope we get back to our practice squad.

John_Wayne
09-04-2005, 11:03 PM
C. Thorpe -WR -could develop into a starting WR

A. Hodge -CB -should take over for McCleon at nickle or dime CB next year

J. Killian -QB -we always need to keep a QB to develop

J. McIntyre -WR -could move to active roster if there is a WR injury

M. Smith -RB -could be the #2 RB after Priest retires

R. Smith -WR -has shown promise for two straight training camps

-------------------

J. Parquet -OL -should go to PS when Welbourne returns to the lineup

------------------

When Warfield returns to the lineup, I think one of 3 things will happen:

1. Washington will be cut
2. K. Long will go to the PS
3. R. Scanlon will go to the PS

I'm hoping for #3. I think we need 5 CBs and can't cut Washington. I think we need all of the help on the DL as possible and can't send Long ot the PS. Scanlon can go to the PS because Grigsby can be the MLB backup.

Miles
09-04-2005, 11:08 PM
Nice choices. Thorpe and Hodge are the two im hoping most that we get back. Long to the pactice sqaud seems like it would be the best since he seems like a project.

HemiEd
09-04-2005, 11:09 PM
Good List, I hope it happens. IMO several of them should not have been cut. :shake:

SNR
09-05-2005, 12:46 AM
Why would we send our #2 MLB to the practice squad and promote our #3 to #2's former spot on the depth chart?

Not trying to play the Roys here, but seriously, that makes no sense.

tiptap
09-05-2005, 06:24 AM
As is the case with most observers. The use of Boomer and the resting of Scanlon was seen in camp and preseason as to the play of Boomer rather than the true circumstance that Scanlon needed to be rested having played one season already and Boomer needed the reps in order to get better and provide a body for practice in the short run. One only has to objectively look at the play of both in St. Louis, toss in Scanlon's play in Europe, to realize he is backing up Mitchell at this point.

John_Wayne
09-05-2005, 09:26 AM
Why would we send our #2 MLB to the practice squad and promote our #3 to #2's former spot on the depth chart?

Not trying to play the Roys here, but seriously, that makes no sense. I thought Boomer was #2. If not, he should be. Grigsby is a MLB backup. Scanlon can backup all 3 LB spots as Vermiel said.

milkman
09-05-2005, 09:29 AM
I thought Boomer was #2. If not, he should be. Grigsby is a MLB backup. Scanlon can backup all 3 LB spots as Vermiel said.

I think Gopher can play all 3 spots, but he is also the 2nd string MLB at this time.

All joking at the expense of the Roys aside, this is one decision that I agree with.

He did outperform Boomer in the preseason.

John_Wayne
09-05-2005, 09:40 AM
He did outperform Boomer in the preseason.

NO HE DID NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p