PDA

View Full Version : OK, most of you hate this guy, but....

Frankie
09-05-2005, 11:48 AM
...you have to admit his letter nails it:

Friday, September 2nd, 2005

Dear Mr. Bush:

Any idea where all our helicopters are? It's Day 5 of Hurricane Katrina and thousands remain stranded in New Orleans and need to be airlifted. Where on earth could you have misplaced all our military choppers? Do you need help finding them? I once lost my car in a Sears parking lot. Man, was that a drag.

Also, any idea where all our national guard soldiers are? We could really use them right now for the type of thing they signed up to do like helping with national disasters. How come they weren't there to begin with?

Last Thursday I was in south Florida and sat outside while the eye of Hurricane Katrina passed over my head. It was only a Category 1 then but it was pretty nasty. Eleven people died and, as of today, there were still homes without power. That night the weatherman said this storm was on its way to New Orleans. That was Thursday! Did anybody tell you? I know you didn't want to interrupt your vacation and I know how you don't like to get bad news. Plus, you had fundraisers to go to and mothers of dead soldiers to ignore and smear. You sure showed her!

I especially like how, the day after the hurricane, instead of flying to Louisiana, you flew to San Diego to party with your business peeps. Don't let people criticize you for this -- after all, the hurricane was over and what the heck could you do, put your finger in the dike?

And don't listen to those who, in the coming days, will reveal how you specifically reduced the Army Corps of Engineers' budget for New Orleans this summer for the third year in a row. You just tell them that even if you hadn't cut the money to fix those levees, there weren't going to be any Army engineers to fix them anyway because you had a much more important construction job for them -- BUILDING DEMOCRACY IN IRAQ!

On Day 3, when you finally left your vacation home, I have to say I was moved by how you had your Air Force One pilot descend from the clouds as you flew over New Orleans so you could catch a quick look of the disaster. Hey, I know you couldn't stop and grab a bullhorn and stand on some rubble and act like a commander in chief. Been there done that.

There will be those who will try to politicize this tragedy and try to use it against you. Just have your people keep pointing that out. Respond to nothing. Even those pesky scientists who predicted this would happen because the water in the Gulf of Mexico is getting hotter and hotter making a storm like this inevitable. Ignore them and all their global warming Chicken Littles. There is nothing unusual about a hurricane that was so wide it would be like having one F-4 tornado that stretched from New York to Cleveland.

No, Mr. Bush, you just stay the course. It's not your fault that 30 percent of New Orleans lives in poverty or that tens of thousands had no transportation to get out of town. C'mon, they're black! I mean, it's not like this happened to Kennebunkport. Can you imagine leaving white people on their roofs for five days? Don't make me laugh! Race has nothing -- NOTHING -- to do with this!

You hang in there, Mr. Bush. Just try to find a few of our Army helicopters and send them there. Pretend the people of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast are near Tikrit.

Yours,

Michael Moore
MMFlint@aol.com
www.MichaelMoore.com

P.S. That annoying mother, Cindy Sheehan, is no longer at your ranch. She and dozens of other relatives of the Iraqi War dead are now driving across the country, stopping in many cities along the way. Maybe you can catch up with them before they get to DC on September 21st.

alnorth
09-05-2005, 12:04 PM
I hope and pray that Moore is given a center stage platform during 2006, and that as many people as possible hears everything he has to say.

Lunatics lose elections. The GOP has their lunatics on tight lockdown. The Democratic party is currently being run by their lunatics.

Furthermore, I hope after 2006 the left concludes, once again, that they lost because they didnt get their message out and differentiate themselves enough from the GOP, and proceeds to be even loonier in 2008.

Frankie
09-05-2005, 12:17 PM
Lunatics lose elections. The GOP has their lunatics on tight lockdown.

Zel Miller, Pat Robertson,..... Ring a bell?

Uatu
09-05-2005, 12:32 PM
The best tonic for conservatism in the 21st century has been Moore and others like him.

beavis
09-05-2005, 12:39 PM
The best tonic for conservatism in the 21st century has been Moore and others like him.
others like him = Frannie

alnorth
09-05-2005, 12:50 PM

Like I said, tight lockdown.

Our lunatics give a couple speeches at a convention that no one watches and give interviews on cable news channels which appear on the TV sets of political junkies.

Your lunatics make movies and get elected to the chairmanship of the party.

Bwana
09-05-2005, 01:11 PM
Howard Dean.............nuff said.

Halfcan
09-05-2005, 01:20 PM
Michael Moore is a fat idiot. I am sure Bush will make this blowhard's letter his top prioty. If you want something of substance instead of a sarcastic letter. Check out Ted Koppel of Nightline as he rips the Director of Fema a new azzhole on National TV. The guy sounded like porky pig he was stutering and lying so much. Every lie he tried, Ted slammed him. He tried to say there was only maybe 500 to 1000 people left in NO. Ted showed him the video footage-bamm shut the f#ck up lier. The guy tried to end the interview saying his heart goes out to the families. How about dumping this stupid mother f#cker in NO. Then lets see his heart go out.

Yeah they have screwed up the whole relief effort. As if Bush was not going down as the worst president in the last 100 years-this will forever tarnish his record. All I can say is I never voted for him either time.

Frankie
09-05-2005, 01:32 PM
OK 8 replies so far and none having to do with wether you agree with the content of the letter.

Brock
09-05-2005, 01:35 PM
OK 8 replies so far and none having to do with wether you agree with the content of the letter.

You seriously want to know whether or not people here agree that greenhouse gases caused a 5 hurricane, and whether or not race is the reason for slow government response to it?

alnorth
09-05-2005, 01:39 PM
I thought it was self-evident that only a dingbat hopelessly divorced from logic would agree with the letter. Therefore, I didnt bother commenting on it.

WilliamTheIrish
09-05-2005, 01:40 PM

This would be a much more effective letter had he mentioned the mayor and governor.

But it's not like the entire world doesn't understand Moore's agenda.

Bwana
09-05-2005, 01:42 PM
Come on Frankie, even you deep down you have to know Moore is a total wack.

Frankie
09-05-2005, 01:47 PM
Come on Frankie, even you deep down you have to know Moore is a total wack.

Sometimes over the top? Yes
Total wack? No

I think the man has an agenda and a cause and he is passionate about it. To that end he sometimes does push the envelop. But he also does his homework.

Frankie
09-05-2005, 01:51 PM
You seriously want to know whether or not people here agree that greenhouse gases caused a 5 hurricane, and whether or not race is the reason for slow government response to it?

The race angle I cannot totally agree to without evidence, but his 180 degree difference in his reaction to George vs Katrina does open him to that kind of question.

Baby Lee
09-05-2005, 03:15 PM
You know what, this season of bitchy lefties may actually make some progress. I'm || this close to voting all lefty from here on out. I've seen enough to know that conservatives will keep their noses to the grindstone and keep america running no matter who is in office. Put the lefties in office, and maybe it will shut up their bitching for a while.

Just have to convince myself it's worth 60% of my paycheck to get a little peace and quiet from the eternally gynosclerotic.

Uatu
09-05-2005, 03:27 PM
Did Bush cause the hurricane with his unholy love for greenhouse gasses?

Is he holding back all federal aid because he hates black people?

All these stories and more, in every other Katrina thread on the board.

Frankie
09-05-2005, 03:37 PM
You know what, this season of bitchy lefties may actually make some progress. I'm || this close to voting all lefty from here on out. I've seen enough to know that conservatives will keep their noses to the grindstone and keep america running no matter who is in office. Put the lefties in office, and maybe it will shut up their bitching for a while.

Just have to convince myself it's worth 60% of my paycheck to get a little peace and quiet from the eternally gynosclerotic.

ROFL
Everytime I hear the right bitch about the "bitchy" lefties and their disapproval of Prince Dubya's incompetence I can't help but be reminded of what the righties did to Bill Clinton, whose administration brought us prosperity. Kind of sad and funny at the same time.

Brock
09-05-2005, 03:39 PM
Bill Clinton, whose administration brought us prosperity.

ROFL

KC Dan
09-05-2005, 03:41 PM
Everytime I hear the right bitch about the "bitchy" lefties and their disapproval of Prince Dubya's incompetence I can't help but be reminded of what the righties did to Bill Clinton, whose administration brought us prosperity. ..& Osama!

Frankie
09-05-2005, 03:44 PM
..& Osama!
Osama did the towers under Clinton's watch.:hmmm: Silly me.

Logical
09-05-2005, 03:44 PM
I hope and pray that Moore is given a center stage platform during 2006, and that as many people as possible hears everything he has to say.

Lunatics lose elections. The GOP has their lunatics on tight lockdown. The Democratic party is currently being run by their lunatics.

Furthermore, I hope after 2006 the left concludes, once again, that they lost because they didnt get their message out and differentiate themselves enough from the GOP, and proceeds to be even loonier in 2008.Actually he comes across pretty reasonable in that letter, slightly shrill but he ask good questions and makes legitimate points. I don't like the man but you have to give him credit when he is making good points like he does in this letter.

Uatu
09-05-2005, 03:45 PM
ROFL
Everytime I hear the right bitch about the "bitchy" lefties and their disapproval of Prince Dubya's incompetence I can't help but be reminded of what the righties did to Bill Clinton, whose administration brought us prosperity. Kind of sad and funny at the same time.

He brought it? The propsperity began on Clinton's watch? Who knew?

The things you can learn on chiefsplanet. :eek:

KC Dan
09-05-2005, 03:47 PM
Osama did the towers under Clinton's watch.:hmmm: Silly me.Of course he didn't, you idiot. But, he had him in the crosshairs, had a gov't offer him up & billy-boy didn't take him out. You offer him up to incompetant George and see how quick he's hearing dirt fall upon his casket. Just sayin' that the Clinton time wasn't just about peaches & cream. He also gave up the congress to the cons.

Frankie
09-05-2005, 03:47 PM
Actually he comes across pretty reasonable in that letter, slightly shrill but he ask good questions and makes legitimate points. I don't like the man but you have to give him credit when he is making good points like he does in this letter.
Exactly the point of this thread. VL gets it. :thumb: You don't have to like the man. But legitimate questions should not be ignored.

memyselfI
09-05-2005, 03:48 PM
Actually he comes across pretty reasonable in that letter, slightly shrill but he ask good questions and makes legitimate points. I don't like the man but you have to give him credit when he is making good points like he does in this letter.

No you don't. You can ignore the questions (because of the answers) and instead create a diversion to focus on his 'anti-American' views. :p

Frankie
09-05-2005, 03:51 PM
Of course he didn't, you idiot. But, he had him in the crosshairs, had a gov't offer him up & billy-boy didn't take him out. You offer him up to incompetant George and see how quick he's hearing dirt fall upon his casket. And YOU call ME idiot! :shake: Ask prince George where's Osama and how the war on terror is going? I guess Dubya and O.J. are both hard on the job of bringing in "the real killers." Again, silly me.

Frankie
09-05-2005, 03:52 PM
No you don't. You can ignore the questions (because of the answers) and instead create a diversion to focus on his 'anti-American' views. :p
:clap:

KChiefsQT
09-05-2005, 03:54 PM
I love Michael Moore :)

Baby Lee
09-05-2005, 05:21 PM
I love Michael Moore :)
Oh snap!! ChiefsQT just became Chiefsbeergoogles. :p

beavis
09-05-2005, 05:25 PM
Osama did the towers under Clinton's watch.:hmmm: Silly me.
He planned it all in the 9 months Bush was in office. ****tard.

FloridaChief
09-05-2005, 05:32 PM

Awesome....

Frankie
09-05-2005, 05:33 PM
He planned it all in the 9 months Bush was in office. ****tard.
No idiot. He implemented it when he saw the incompetence of those who were supposed to protect us.

And btw, you should quit the practice of getting even on the neg reps just to get even, everytime you are legitimately negrepped. But then again you've proven many times that pettiness becomes you.
:shake:

beavis
09-05-2005, 05:36 PM
No idiot. He implemented it when he saw the incompetence of those who were supposed to protect us.

And btw, you should quit the practice of getting even on the neg reps just to get even, everytime you are legitimately negrepped. But then again you've proven many times that pettiness becomes you.
:shake:
Pettiness? Listen Frannie, you're the one with the neg repping every post you disagree with problem. I can't help it if your posts resemble those of a mongoloid with a bad meth habit.

penchief
09-05-2005, 05:40 PM
..& Osama!

You mean "Clinton's ghost?"

Osama bin Laden from the house of Bush?

The guy that the Cheneyburton Administration didn't think would hate America as much as he did when Clinton was president because Osama had previous business relationships with the house of Bush?

That guy?

jettio
09-05-2005, 06:05 PM
Conservatives ought to judge B*sh's performance by his performance, and not by how attractive the dissenters are.

Now that B*sh has no support except among the permanently partisan, we have heard a lot of conservatives on the Planet whining about the tone or appropriatenesss of political discussion.

By and large these same folks post nothing about the substance of their sorry-azz excuse of a President and his performance.

These wingtards knew that B*sh was unqualified but they thought that the government would run itself. Now that it is becoming clear that some measure of competence is required, all they can do is cry about how impolite or "uncool" the opposition is.

Conservatives that don't have the guts to allow themselves to figure out the truth about B*sh, really ought to be as afraid to criticize anybody else.

Baby Lee
09-05-2005, 06:30 PM
Conservatives ought to judge B*sh's performance by his performance, and not by how attractive the dissenters are.
Trade Donnie Edwards!! The LBers behind him can't be any worse. ROFL ROFL

alnorth
09-05-2005, 06:32 PM

Now that B*sh has no support except among the permanently partisan, blah blah blah blah...

Scoreboard

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
09-05-2005, 06:55 PM
..& Osama!

Actually Osama got his "training" and his ability to procure the weapons and know how DIRECTLY from the Reagan and Bush Sr. aministrations during the Russian/Afghan war.

Of course so did Saddam during the Iraq/Iran war. :shrug:

Frankie
09-05-2005, 06:55 PM
Pettiness? Listen Frannie, you're the one with the neg repping every post you disagree with problem. I can't help it if your posts resemble those of a mongoloid with a bad meth habit.
You know what I'm talking about. The rep system is meant to express approval/disapproval of a post, be it in style or substance. You use it for getting even and to sooth your petty little vengeful self....... BEAVIS!

Uatu
09-05-2005, 07:09 PM

ROFL

I guess less than one year earlier when Bush was elected he was no longer scared to attack the US.

You can't make this stuff up. ROFL ROFL

Adept Havelock
09-05-2005, 07:17 PM
Hmm. Normally, I dismiss Moore as the photo negative of Hannity (the same sad thing, only reversed), or as Ann Coulter with breasts. However, I'll reluctantly agree that he has raised a few valid points. There needs to be a serious look at all levels of leadership, local through federal, lest we fiddle away and end up with thousands of dead Americans yet again in the years to come.

beavis
09-05-2005, 07:20 PM
You know what I'm talking about. The rep system is meant to express approval/disapproval of a post, be it in style or substance. You use it for getting even and to sooth your petty little vengeful self....... BEAVIS!
Well, you are the one who's whining about negative rep. :hmmm:

Bwana
09-05-2005, 07:20 PM

Hey Frankie: perhaps you need to pay this thread a little visit? :moon:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=122822

jettio
09-05-2005, 07:40 PM
Trade Donnie Edwards!! The LBers behind him can't be any worse. ROFL ROFL

I was not anticipating Michael Moore running for President.

Yuk, Yuk.

Seem that your recent and persistent verklemptitude had to do with criticizing the unattractive people who are not running for office.

Why don't you break the silence on exactly how good your lying sack of Raiders president has done?

Maybe the ChiefsPlanet political discussion will regain its stride if all of the B*sh backers did not turn tail after the truth becomes obvious.

jettio
09-05-2005, 07:52 PM
Scoreboard

What is the score of the Bin Laden match?

Bin Laden expected that broadcasting his message on the eve of the election would help B*sh to win and he likes B*sh's justice so much over the last four years that he wanted B*sh to win.

Elections are one part of politics, doing a good job in office is more important.

All you can say is "Scoreboard" because you can not claim that B*sh is doing a good job?

Life and death is on the line, the ScoreBoard has an awfully high tally of innocent people dying on B*sh's watch, Americans, Iraqis, Spaniards, and Britons.

Frankie
09-05-2005, 08:12 PM
ROFL

I guess less than one year earlier when Bush was elected he was no longer scared to attack the US.

You can't make this stuff up. ROFL ROFL
Have you noticed I have been ignoring your simpleton posts?

Frankie
09-05-2005, 08:17 PM
Well, you are the one who's whining about negative rep. :hmmm:
And you are the one abusing them..... for the sole purpose of getting one back at whoever negrepped you. And this is much more time than I had planned to waste on this subject. Get your thrills however your little 6 year old mindset desires. I'm out of this particular argument..... BEAVIS!!

Bearcat2005
09-05-2005, 11:08 PM
Didnt the republicans win the last election?????

Loki
09-05-2005, 11:18 PM
What is the score of the Bin Laden match?

Bin Laden expected that broadcasting his message on the eve of the election would help B*sh to win and he likes B*sh's justice so much over the last four years that he wanted B*sh to win.

Elections are one part of politics, doing a good job in office is more important.

All you can say is "Scoreboard" because you can not claim that B*sh is doing a good job?

Life and death is on the line, the ScoreBoard has an awfully high tally of innocent people dying on B*sh's watch, Americans, Iraqis, Spaniards, and Britons.

you've got to be joking. you seriously think spain and briton are bush's fault... :rolleyes:
hell, why not throw beslan in there also. the thinking is just as accurate.

ChiefsCountry
09-05-2005, 11:38 PM
Thing with Clinton's presidency was he came in about the right time in this country. There was really no major international conflict, the internet boom led to great wealth in the country, and everything was pretty calm on the homefront.

Bush had 911, then started the war on Terrorism (which his debatable even from Republican's), plus now throw in this disaster. Any one of these events would be pretty hard on any president, now throw them in on one term.

Loki
09-05-2005, 11:54 PM
strange...

michael moore has time to sit his fat hypocritical ass down and write
yet another "witty and scathing" letter to the president,
but,
has noooo time whatsoever to rent a fleet of helicopter to save those
poor people he "personally champions" with his vast millions? cripes, the
food in his refrigerator could probably feed the entire city.

lots of other people, including the president, seemd to have been able
to make it down to new orleans and other cities hammered by the hurricane.
where the f**k was michael moore again?

gobble down 30 more bigmacs you fat friggin hypocrite.

Logical
09-06-2005, 12:15 AM
you've got to be joking. you seriously think spain and briton are bush's fault... :rolleyes:
hell, why not throw beslan in there also. the thinking is just as accurate.Actually without us the British and Spanish would not have been involved in the war to overthrow Saddam so yes you can assign partial blame to Bush. He sold a bill of goods to those countries and they bought in and are suffering terrorism that is directly related as a result. They made the choice so they get the majority of the responsiblity but the US is partially to blame. Every Iraqi killed by the insurgents are indeed our responsibility, when you are supposed to be the occupying force you are responsible for the lives of the occupied people.

Loki
09-06-2005, 04:20 AM
Actually without us the British and Spanish would not have been involved in the war to overthrow Saddam so yes you can assign partial blame to Bush. He sold a bill of goods to those countries and they bought in and are suffering terrorism that is directly related as a result. They made the choice so they get the majority of the responsiblity but the US is partially to blame. Every Iraqi killed by the insurgents are indeed our responsibility, when you are supposed to be the occupying force you are responsible for the lives of the occupied people.

lol...

gone from full to partial blame.
whatever.

again, i take it bush is to blame for beslan despite the fact the russians
DIDN'T join the fight against saddam?

pathetic.

Kraut
09-06-2005, 06:25 AM
On the first point he tries to make regarding the National Guard he fails to mention that the govenor of each state has control of the Guard until they decide to go to the president and ask him to federalize the Guard. The point he tries to make that the disaster was caused by global warming, that of course is the fault of the evil US, is a point not even worth debating. The response time based on race is typical coming from a guy like Moore. Whenever you can't find any other angle to bash somebody, go with the race card. It usually works in our PC society, and the best part is it fires up the grass roots on the left. Oh, and I guess the poverty level in New Orleans is totally the president's fault. Now come on does Moore actually think that all those in poverty that were hit hard by the storm are black. To me that statement is racist. He assumes that if you are in poverty you are black. This guy just makes me shake my head. I see no mention to the govenor or the mayor in his letter of "truth". There is plenty of blame to go around when it comes to this issue. The main problem once again is that the US as a whole was not ready for a disaster of this size. Not being ready does not fall totally on Bush's shoulders. You can point the finger at people on all levels of government for this problem. Instead of pointing fingers Mr. Moore why don't you get off your fat ass and go down there and try to help some of these people. The 90 + degree weather might do you some good. And by the way I am going to be shipped down there in 3 to 4 weeks and I am white(oops I just used the race card) shame on me.

Adept Havelock
09-06-2005, 10:02 AM
lol...

again, i take it bush is to blame for beslan despite the fact the russians
DIDN'T join the fight against saddam?

No, Beslan happened because about 300 years ago, the Tsars conquered a fiercely independent region named Chechnya, and the Soviet Union and now Russia have decided to hold on to it at all costs. Seems pretty stupid to me, keeping a place where for generations the males' right of passage has been to kill a Russian with a knife. JMO.

The More you Know.........

Rain Man
09-06-2005, 10:20 AM
I scrolled down and looked at the name without reading the letter. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that it was critical of the President. Am I right?

Bowser
09-06-2005, 10:24 AM
I scrolled down and looked at the name without reading the letter. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that it was critical of the President. Am I right?

Nobody told you today is opposite day? Read it again.

Rain Man
09-06-2005, 10:39 AM
Nobody told you today is opposite day? Read it again.

But if today is opposite day, you'd be telling me it wasn't. I'm not falling for your little ruse.

StcChief
09-06-2005, 10:46 AM
Where is Moore's donation? fund raiser anything?

Local officials are the first responders dumb a$$.

Saulbadguy
09-06-2005, 10:49 AM
Bush had 911, then started the war on Terrorism (which his debatable even from Republican's), plus now throw in this disaster. Any one of these events would be pretty hard on any president, now throw them in on one term.
Yes. He's had one of the roughest terms ever. He is clearly in over his head, but I couldn't tell you who would not be at this point.

Loki
09-06-2005, 04:14 PM
No, Beslan happened because about 300 years ago, the Tsars conquered a fiercely independent region named Chechnya, and the Soviet Union and now Russia have decided to hold on to it at all costs. Seems pretty stupid to me, keeping a place where for generations the males' right of passage has been to kill a Russian with a knife. JMO.

The More you Know.........

ummm... that was my point.
(bush has nothing to do with this)

i have actually been keeping tabs on that fight since '98
the chechnyans are hard-assed, and their tactics are evident
in our own fight in iraq/afghanistan.

Adept Havelock
09-06-2005, 10:23 PM
I'll agree about Beslan, but not about Bush. He's as culpable as the Local and State officials, if only for appointing a political hack with no disaster relief experience (and limited admin. experience) to head FEMA.

JMO.