PDA

View Full Version : uh-oh, W might be taking a hit for Katrina afterall

memyselfI
09-05-2005, 04:00 PM
Rassumusen.com shows his approval rating has dropped 3 points since Thursday, 9/1. Now at a mere 44%.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/Bush_Job_Approval.htm

Bush Job Approval
Approve/Disapprove
Today 44/55 *
Sept 4 45/53
Sept 3 45/54
Sept 2 47/52
Sept 1 47/52

*Today is 9/5

Fed Response to Katrina Gets Thumbs Down
Survey of 1,000 Adults

September 2-3, 2005

Federal Response to

Hurricane Katrina

Excellent 12%
Good 16%
Fair 25%
Poor 45%
RasmussenReports.com

September 4, 2005--Just 28% of Americans give say that the federal government has done a good or an excellent job responding to Hurricane Katrina. Another 25% say the government has done a fair job while 45% say poor.

Interest in the story is extraordinarily high. Eighty-eight percent (88%) of Americans say they are closely following news stories about the tragedy, including 59% who are following it "very closely."

Forty-seven percent (47%) have made a financial contribution to help the victims of the disaster. Seventy-eight percent (78%) have said a prayer for them.

Eighty-five percent (85%) say that the "disaster in New Orleans and surrounding areas [will] have a major impact on the U.S. economy. Consumer confidence has fallen to its lowest level in more than two years.

Even among Republicans, there are significant doubts about the federal response to Katrina. Just 47% of those in President Bush's party say the federal response has been good or excellent. Fifty-one percent say fair or poor.

Michael Michigan
09-05-2005, 04:44 PM
Pretty much the same as the ABC poll, just no "Blame Bush" option from Scott.

ABC:

Views of Hurricane Response

Federal government adequately prepared?

Yes 31%

No 67%

RasmussenReports.com:

Federal Response to Hurricane Katrina

Excellent/Good 28%

Fair/Poor 70%

Three percent, within MOE.

BTW--this guy, will likely turn the tide of public opinion--as long as he gets more face time:

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/US/09/02/honore.profile/vert.honore.ap.jpg

NewChief
09-05-2005, 04:53 PM
Pretty much the same as the ABC poll, just no "Blame Bush" option from Scott.

ABC:

Views of Hurricane Response

Federal government adequately prepared?

Yes 31%

No 67%

RasmussenReports.com:

Federal Response to Hurricane Katrina

Excellent/Good 28%

Fair/Poor 70%

Three percent, within MOE.

BTW--this guy, will likely turn the tide of public opinion--as long as he gets more face time:

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/US/09/02/honore.profile/vert.honore.ap.jpg

Heh, yeah. The Ragin' Cajun. Smoking, cussing, yelling at soldiers one second. Kissing babies and hugging distraught mothers the next.

I expect him to bust out with, "Charlie don't surf!" any second.

Michael Michigan
09-05-2005, 05:00 PM
Heh, yeah. The Ragin' Cajun. Smoking, cussing, yelling at soldiers one second. Kissing babies and hugging distraught mothers the next.

I expect him to bust out with, "Charlie don't surf!" any second.

He is great.

He's defintely the answer--if Chertoff just gets out of his way, and let's Gen. Honore lead they can begin to turn this around.

Ugly Duck
09-05-2005, 05:56 PM
Bush Job Approval
Disapprove 55%
Approve 44%

Federal Response
Poor/Fair 70%
Good /Excellent 29%

Only 70%!!! See below for Bush response to the disaster & wonder why it ain't higher than 70%.

Oh yeah... the ditto heads - they knob on Bushron no matter what.

http://blogs.salon.com/0001444/images/2005/08/31/Bush%20Plays%20A%20Chord.jpg

mlyonsd
09-05-2005, 08:48 PM
Rassumusen.com shows his approval rating has dropped 3 points since Thursday, 9/1. Now at a mere 44%.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/Bush_Job_Approval.htm

Bush Job Approval
Approve/Disapprove
Today 44/55 *
Sept 4 45/53
Sept 3 45/54
Sept 2 47/52
Sept 1 47/52

*Today is 9/5

Fed Response to Katrina Gets Thumbs Down
Survey of 1,000 Adults

September 2-3, 2005

Federal Response to

Hurricane Katrina

Excellent 12%
Good 16%
Fair 25%
Poor 45%
RasmussenReports.com

September 4, 2005--Just 28% of Americans give say that the federal government has done a good or an excellent job responding to Hurricane Katrina. Another 25% say the government has done a fair job while 45% say poor.

Interest in the story is extraordinarily high. Eighty-eight percent (88%) of Americans say they are closely following news stories about the tragedy, including 59% who are following it "very closely."

Forty-seven percent (47%) have made a financial contribution to help the victims of the disaster. Seventy-eight percent (78%) have said a prayer for them.

Eighty-five percent (85%) say that the "disaster in New Orleans and surrounding areas [will] have a major impact on the U.S. economy. Consumer confidence has fallen to its lowest level in more than two years.

Even among Republicans, there are significant doubts about the federal response to Katrina. Just 47% of those in President Bush's party say the federal response has been good or excellent. Fifty-one percent say fair or poor.

Congratulations. You are now one month short of 3 1/2 years Bush is in charge. You're getting there, be patient.

Logical
09-05-2005, 08:52 PM
Congratulations. You are now one month short of 3 1/2 years Bush is in charge. You're getting there, be patient.Wow that is some really strange math. He has been in office 4 year 8 months. He has only 3 years 4 months to go so no matter how you meant it the math does not work.

mlyonsd
09-05-2005, 09:04 PM
Wow that is some really strange math. He has been in office 4 year 8 months. He has only 3 years 4 months to go so no matter how you meant it the math does not work.

So you're telling me 3 years and 4 months from this date he won't be President?

Logical
09-05-2005, 09:09 PM
So you're telling me 3 years and 4 months from this date he won't be President?I am telling you that 3 years and 6 months from now he wont. You said 31/2 years, you also phrased it wrong by making it sound like how long he had been in office, I did give you the benefit of the doubt that you might have just misphrased your statement.

mlyonsd
09-05-2005, 10:21 PM
I am telling you that 3 years and 6 months from now he wont. You said 31/2 years, you also phrased it wrong by making it sound like how long he had been in office, I did give you the benefit of the doubt that you might have just misphrased your statement.

No, I said one month short of 3 and 1/2 years. But don't let specifics get in your way.

I can see you're gunning for me after I called your thread lame. Feel free, I'm up to the challenge.

I'm wondering if you've lost what it means to truly be logical...in that the odds play out in the long run and to flip/flop is just reacting. Somtimes your initial reactions are true and you have to ignore the obstacles that pop up. That's where I am.

Time will tell.

Logical
09-05-2005, 10:25 PM
No, I said one month short of 3 and 1/2 years. But don't let specifics get in your way.

I can see you're gunning for me after I called your thread lame. Feel free, I'm up to the challenge.

I'm wondering if you've lost what it means to truly be logical...in that the odds play out in the long run and to flip/flop is just reacting. Somtimes your initial reactions are true and you have to ignore the obstacles that pop up. That's where I am.

Time will tell. You want to be a jerk about it Congratulations. You are now one month short of 3 1/2 years Bush is in charge. You're getting there, be patient. That would mean how long he is in charge. He cannot be in charge for the future since it has not occurred. So you should have said 4 years 8 months using that kind of language. Is that logical enough for you, asswipe.

mlyonsd
09-05-2005, 10:42 PM
You want to be a jerk about it That would mean how long he is in charge. He cannot be in charge for the future since it has not occurred. So you should have said 4 years 8 months using that kind of language. Is that logical enough for you, asswipe.

He can't be in charge of the future?

Then I guess we agree Bush isn't responsible for a preventive evacutation of NO?

Seriously here, I'm usually a dumbass but I have no idea what you're trying to tell me.

Logical
09-05-2005, 10:55 PM
He can't be in charge of the future?

Then I guess we agree Bush isn't responsible for a preventive evacutation of NO?

Seriously here, I'm usually a dumbass but I have no idea what you're trying to tell me. Your use of IS means that you are talking in the present tense, so he could only be in charge up to the date of the post.

mlyonsd
09-05-2005, 11:07 PM
Your use of IS means that you are talking in the present tense, so he could only be in charge up to the date of the post.

Sorry dude, I must be drinking too much celebrating the weekend because I still don't understand what you're trying to tell me. Let me rephrase...

To meme and logical......

Feel better, Bush's administration is now over in less then 3 and 1/2 years. You will feel better in Jan 2009.

Loki
09-05-2005, 11:24 PM
I expect him to bust out with, "Charlie don't surf!" any second

chortle...

Logical
09-06-2005, 12:17 AM
Sorry dude, I must be drinking too much celebrating the weekend because I still don't understand what you're trying to tell me. Let me rephrase...

To meme and logical......

Feel better, Bush's administration is now over in less then 3 and 1/2 years. You will feel better in Jan 2009.Much better wording, we will see, I sure hope a true moderate who is not a Christocrat is elected.

ChiefsCountry
09-06-2005, 01:39 AM
Much better wording, we will see, I sure hope a true moderate who is not a Christocrat is elected.

I bet the next president will be John McCain.

RINGLEADER
09-06-2005, 10:32 AM
And after all D-Nise, Bush's approval ratings are what really matters, right?

Area 51
09-06-2005, 10:54 AM
Denise, You seeing things like that must give you the female version of a woody!!

He isn't running for re-election, why should you care?

Mr. Laz
09-06-2005, 10:59 AM
Much better wording, we will see, I sure hope a true moderate who is not a Christocrat is elected.
true dat...

at this point anything is prolly a step up

I'm just "praying" to get away from the psycho holy rollers :grovel:

Area 51
09-06-2005, 11:19 AM
true dat...

at this point anything is prolly a step up

I'm just "praying" to get away from the psycho holy rollers :grovel:

I know it is an internet word, but it's use makes anyone that uses it look somewhat lame. Fadish maybe, but lame just the same.