PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football Help

Hoover
09-06-2005, 07:43 AM
Alright, I had a live draft last night and I made the mistake of thinking I had to start 3 WRs not just 2. Anyway in doing so I took 2 WR higher than I normally would. Here is the team.

QB: Tom Brady, Carr (Start One)
RB: McGahee, Fred Taylor, JJ Arrington, T. Bell (Steart Two)
WR: T. Owens, J. Walker, T. Williamson (Start Two)
TE: Whitten, D Graham (Start One)
K: Wilkins (Start One)
D: Colts, Cowboys (Start One)

The other problem I made was getting 2 WRs with the same bye week. Anyway what do you think of the team? I think having Taylor as my #2 back is risky. I drafted Bell because if he becomes the starter, I would have 2 good backs, until then I don't.

I have also been offered a trade for Owens. Mike Bennett and Hines Ward for Owens. I don't think Bennett is a good enough back to trade T.O. for.

Hoover
09-06-2005, 08:40 AM
bump?

Anyone?

KevB
09-06-2005, 08:41 AM
Alright, I had a live draft last night and I made the mistake of thinking I had to start 3 WRs not just 2. Anyway in doing so I took 2 WR higher than I normally would. Here is the team.

QB: Tom Brady, Carr (Start One)
RB: McGahee, Fred Taylor, JJ Arrington, T. Bell (Steart Two)
WR: T. Owens, J. Walker, T. Williamson (Start Two)
TE: Whitten, D Graham (Start One)
K: Wilkins (Start One)
D: Colts, Cowboys (Start One)

The other problem I made was getting 2 WRs with the same bye week. Anyway what do you think of the team? I think having Taylor as my #2 back is risky. I drafted Bell because if he becomes the starter, I would have 2 good backs, until then I don't.

I have also been offered a trade for Owens. Mike Bennett and Hines Ward for Owens. I don't think Bennett is a good enough back to trade T.O. for.

I think you're fine, other than your depth at WR. Williamson will be very inconsistent, as he's currently #4 on the depth chart. In order to trade TO, you'll need something much better than Bennett. Besides, your RB depth is better than your WR depth anyway.

chagrin
09-06-2005, 08:50 AM
It sucks, you're doomed.

CosmicPal
09-06-2005, 08:50 AM
McGahee will be very good for you- rookie QB at the helm, and they will put more emphasis on the ground game.

Taylor is injury prone and on his way down. He will get you a couple of good games against weaker run D's, but is too unreliable.

Arrington might be a steal, but hasn't shown much in the preseason.

I'd expect Bell to be starting soon, so I would hold onto him.

Your WR's are good- it sucks they are both on a bye-week, but you can always dump one of your TE's andor D when it comes to picking up a filler WR for a week. Kevin Curtis might be a good one to use for your bye-week.

Brady has one heck of a WR corp this year and a couple of good TE's- with a consistent running game, Brady will be putting up some good numbers for you. Carr has been having a bad preseason and is under a terrible line. I'd get rid of Carr and pick up someone else- maybe a rookie RB or WR to take a chance on. Carr isn't much of a trade value right now, but you might get a WR in a straight up trade for him.

Not sure why everyone's high on Indy's D, and that remains to be seen. Dallas will create a lot of turnovers for you- I like them as a D.

Overall- You've got some very reliable starters- and reliability in fantasy football is what's most important- Owens, Brady, McGahee, Wilkins, and Whitten will all put up numbers for you each week. After that though- your kinda weak.

Hoover
09-06-2005, 09:51 AM
Thanks, I thought Arrington and Bell were steals very late ini the draft, after I figured out it wasn't a 3 Wr league I had to go with 4 backs and 3 wr, so Williamson was a very late pick as well.

Iowanian
09-06-2005, 10:29 AM
Arrington should produce, not huge numbers....

No way in hell I trade Owens for Ward and Bennet..who could lose his carries to Moore, and is more prone to a stretched labia than an extreme penetrations beginner.

JOhn
09-06-2005, 10:33 AM
Didn't Bell get cut?

MahiMike
09-06-2005, 10:39 AM
I wouldn't worry about your perceived WR problem. WR's and QB's can always be found on the waiver wire. Just pick one up prior to your bye week.

I'd worry more about your QB's than anything. Brady and Carr are way down on my sheet. See if McNair or Hasselbeck is still available.

Fred Taylor will be a good sleeper this year. They have ZERO backup to even try the goal line steals.

Hoover
09-06-2005, 11:01 AM
I'm actaully kinda high on Brady this year. I think the Pats offense will be good with Improved WRs and TEs, plus a back to toss the ball to. I had the 9th pick out of 12 teams so Mannnig, Culpeper and McNabb went before I picked in Round 1, and I couldn't go with Trent Green in earlt round 2 (I went Owens).

I think I'll probable drop Carr for some WR depth. i don't really know what to do on defense, I think I should go with the Cowboys as my starter, but maybe I should keep both and play match ups.

Miles
09-06-2005, 12:27 PM
One of those three backs should work out as a #2 for you. Are there any decent WRs on waivers?

I definitly wouldnt trade for Bennett since he is so brittle.

ct
09-06-2005, 12:44 PM
bad trade offer, very bad...

Keep shopping TO, but wait until after week 1 or 2. After he has a couple good weeks, his trade value will go back up. You should be able to take care of your starting WR BYE week problem, and p/up a quality RB3 to hedge Fragile Freddie and the Denver RBBC issues. Wow, I missed that JJ is your RB3. Don't worry too much there, you should be fine. Focus on your WR1/2 BYE problem, and you really need a better WR3 than Williamson. Hell, I bet Travis Taylor is available on the wire right now!

I'd also dangle David Carr in there to upgrade your return. There are probably equivalent backup QBs on the waiver wire right now.

Hoover
09-06-2005, 01:42 PM
One of those three backs should work out as a #2 for you. Are there any decent WRs on waivers?

I definitly wouldnt trade for Bennett since he is so brittle.
T.J Hoshmanzadah and Moulds I have a claim on Both

Hoover
09-06-2005, 01:46 PM
I not going to over react about my bye issue. If I have to Start 2 waiver wire guys I'll do it, its only one week.

ct
09-06-2005, 02:15 PM
T.J Hoshmanzadah and Moulds I have a claim on Both

If these guys are on the wire, then definitely don't overreact, as you said. You've got plenty of worthy options in a pinch. TO and Walker are a helluva starting tandem, and your RBs are fine as is. Sure I'd love a more solid RB2, but when you're got the 3rd and 4th options that you have, don't sweat it.

Drop one of those Def. or TE, pickup Housh or Moulds(or both with the 2 claims you have, dropping Carr?), and your team is solid.

BIG_DADDY
09-06-2005, 02:19 PM
This is my lineup. I didn't pick up a D because some dolt put his selection on automatic and it selected 4 top D's so I am waiting for him to drop some of them. If he doesn't I'll just pick up a D that is up against a horrible O until he does drop one.

Big Daddy
Player Next Bye Avg Guru Status Own % Start %
Brady, Tom QB NE OAK 7 0.0 11 ActiveReserveInjured 99 78
Holmes, Priest RB KC NYJ 5 0.0 9 ActiveReserveInjured 95 86
Portis, Clinton RB WAS CHI 3 0.0 6 ActiveReserveInjured 99 92
Boldin, Anquan WR ARI @NYG 6 0.0 4 ActiveReserveInjured 97 73
Kennison, Eddie WR KC NYJ 5 0.0 4 ActiveReserveInjured 91 39
Clark, Dallas TE IND @BAL 8 0.0 3 ActiveReserveInjured 84 65
Janikowski, Sebastian K OAK @NE 5 0.0 8 ActiveReserveInjured 96 85

Pennington, Chad QB NYJ @KC 8 0.0 10 ActiveReserveInjured 90 20
Martin, Curtis RB NYJ @KC 8 0.0 6 ActiveReserveInjured 100 91
Burress, Plaxico WR NYG ARI 5 0.0 3 ActiveReserveInjured 96 47
Glenn, Terry WR DAL @SD 9 0.0 4 ActiveReserveInjured 42 5
Porter, Jerry WR OAK @NE 5 0.0 3 ActiveReserveInjured 95 40

Hoover
09-06-2005, 03:18 PM
This is my lineup. I didn't pick up a D because some dolt put his selection on automatic and it selected 4 top D's so I am waiting for him to drop some of them. If he doesn't I'll just pick up a D that is up against a horrible O until he does drop one.

Big Daddy
Player Next Bye Avg Guru Status Own % Start %
Brady, Tom QB NE OAK 7 0.0 11 ActiveReserveInjured 99 78
Holmes, Priest RB KC NYJ 5 0.0 9 ActiveReserveInjured 95 86
Portis, Clinton RB WAS CHI 3 0.0 6 ActiveReserveInjured 99 92
Boldin, Anquan WR ARI @NYG 6 0.0 4 ActiveReserveInjured 97 73
Kennison, Eddie WR KC NYJ 5 0.0 4 ActiveReserveInjured 91 39
Clark, Dallas TE IND @BAL 8 0.0 3 ActiveReserveInjured 84 65
Janikowski, Sebastian K OAK @NE 5 0.0 8 ActiveReserveInjured 96 85

Pennington, Chad QB NYJ @KC 8 0.0 10 ActiveReserveInjured 90 20
Martin, Curtis RB NYJ @KC 8 0.0 6 ActiveReserveInjured 100 91
Burress, Plaxico WR NYG ARI 5 0.0 3 ActiveReserveInjured 96 47
Glenn, Terry WR DAL @SD 9 0.0 4 ActiveReserveInjured 42 5
Porter, Jerry WR OAK @NE 5 0.0 3 ActiveReserveInjured 95 40

Your running backs are sweet, I'm not sold on Portis beut he's a great #2, heck if Portis has troubles you call always go with Martin. Great Backs.

Your Wide receviers are good not great. I like Porter this yean oppisit of Moss.

Dallas Clarke is fine at TE, and Daterapeowski shouold be solid.

I like Brady as a Fantasy QB. You know hes not going to hurt you, plus I think he will put up some big numbers this year.

BIG_DADDY
09-06-2005, 03:22 PM
Your running backs are sweet, I'm not sold on Portis beut he's a great #2, heck if Portis has troubles you call always go with Martin. Great Backs.

Your Wide receviers are good not great. I like Porter this yean oppisit of Moss.

Dallas Clarke is fine at TE, and Daterapeowski shouold be solid.

I like Brady as a Fantasy QB. You know hes not going to hurt you, plus I think he will put up some big numbers this year.

Yea well I went RB with my first 3 choices and that hurt me a little at wide out. I could have had TO instead of Curtis Martin on my second pick but who knows what the psycho will pull this year.