PDA

View Full Version : RED FRIDAY??????

vckcchiefs04
09-06-2005, 08:51 AM
Are the freakin Chiefs not going to be doing anything other than the paper sale in the morning of Red Friday? Nothing at Arrowhead this year? What is this about? That is always something a lot of people get themselves going about every year! Now nothing. They want suckers to come and park out in the parking lot the night before for about $90 something bucks, but they will not keep Red Friday going anymore!? This sucks!! :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Still hyped for the opener anyway though!!!
CHIEFS-28 jets-17 :clap:

Phobia
09-06-2005, 08:56 AM
Seriously? There's no Red Friday events scheduled? First I've heard about it.

vckcchiefs04
09-06-2005, 09:03 AM
Seriously? There's no Red Friday events scheduled? First I've heard about it.
I have checked everywhere I know that it usually get's posted..... there is nothing so far except for the Cheerleaders being dowtown during the afternoon and a blood drive in the afternoon as well, that's it.

Warrior5
09-06-2005, 09:09 AM
Great question...

Dropped off my radar screen. What's up with no Red Friday?

I'm waiting for the inevitable "must win" thread any day now. Sure, from a W-L perspective, the opener against the Jets isn't a "must win" game. But from a morale and momentum aspect, they need to win it, and win it decisively, something like 28-10.

Home opener after a winless pre-season, then going on the road for two consecutive night games against divisional opponents. If the Chiefs are at least 2-2 by 3 October, I'll be confident.

Sorry if I hijacked this thread.

Phobia
09-06-2005, 09:11 AM
Great question...

Dropped off my radar screen. What's up with no Red Friday?

If it's really not scheduled, it's due to poor participation in the past. I've been to every red friday for the past 5 years or so and it has always been poorly attended. Part of it is due to poor weather forecasted for the night of....

GoTrav
09-06-2005, 09:19 AM
haven't been out for a Red Friday since college but don't they usually block off Westport during the day and throw some type of event there?

Warrior5
09-06-2005, 09:20 AM
If it's really not scheduled, it's due to poor participation in the past. I've been to every red friday for the past 5 years or so and it has always been poorly attended. Part of it is due to poor weather forecasted for the night of....

True...I went last year with my boys and it just plain sucked. A few years back they offered locker room tours and some better activities; much better.

vckcchiefs04
09-06-2005, 09:21 AM
haven't been out for a Red Friday since college but don't they usually block off Westport during the day and throw some type of event there?
I believe it's been 4 or 5 years now that they have had it out at Arrowhead in front of the stadium.

vckcchiefs04
09-06-2005, 09:24 AM
True...I went last year with my boys and it just plain sucked. A few years back they offered locker room tours and some better activities; much better.
Yes, last year was not that good at all..... no tours, moved the stage out into the parking lot and had another stage there as well..... it was a flop. They need to go back to the way they had it before...... the smaller stage right next to the stadium, the tours into the locker rooms, and just more of a intimate atmosphere. BUT NOW NOTHING AT ALL!!!??? That is a great way to celebrate a hopefull SuperBowl season. BRILLIANT!! :rolleyes:

GoTrav
09-06-2005, 09:29 AM
Yes, last year was not that good at all..... no tours, moved the stage out into the parking lot and had another stage there as well..... it was a flop. They need to go back to the way they had it before...... the smaller stage right next to the stadium, the tours into the locker rooms, and just more of a intimate atmosphere. BUT NOW NOTHING AT ALL!!!??? That is a great way to celebrate a hopefull SuperBowl season. BRILLIANT!! :rolleyes:

crowds were huge for the events I attended in Westport. I remember the aerial views of the crowds on the news, which is one of the main reasons I was drawn out. Too bad...

I agree; standing in the parking lot doesn't seem all that inviting. Are the Arrowhead events BYOB or do you get some type of voucher for food and drink from the entry fee?

WEIRDWOLF
09-06-2005, 09:31 AM
The Redcoaters are in charge of Red Friday and they voted not to have the event at Arrowhead this year....There is an event with 610 Radio that evening which should be good.

Heres the scoop:
The Keystone Suzuki Red Friday Tailgate Challenge with 610 Sports Radio
Where: Entercom building at 7000 Squibb in Mission, KS
(NE corner of Shawnee Mission Pkwy & Metcalf)

Come join the KC Superfans as our new partner 610 Sports Radio crowns the best tailgater in KC for the only Red friday celebration that evening. Teams will be judged based on their food, decoration and spirit. The winning team will win a trip for two to Denver to watch the Monday night football game from a suite.
Top 5 teams (including grand prize winner) will win 2 tickets to the home opener.

The general public is invited to come check out the sites, enjoy the beer garden, watch live broadcasts of the 610 Sports show, register to win home opener tickets and have a good time. We'll have a band from 6-9pm and we'll also have a kids area with a moon walk.

I know we are planning on attending this but it won't be the same without players and the DiPardo Band.

GoTrav
09-06-2005, 09:35 AM
The Redcoaters are in charge of Red Friday and they voted not to have the event at Arrowhead this year....There is an event with 610 Radio that evening which should be good.

Heres the scoop:

Come join the KC Superfans as our new partner 610 Sports Radio crowns the best tailgater in KC for the only Red friday celebration that evening. Teams will be judged based on their food, decoration and spirit. The winning team will win a trip for two to Denver to watch the Monday night football game from a suite.
Top 5 teams (including grand prize winner) will win 2 tickets to the home opener.

The general public is invited to come check out the sites, enjoy the beer garden, watch live broadcasts of the 610 Sports show, register to win home opener tickets and have a good time. We'll have a band from 6-9pm and we'll also have a kids area with a moon walk.

I know we are planning on attending this but it won't be the same without players and the DiPardo Band.

doesn't sound all that bad. Beer gardens are never a bad thing!

Phobia
09-06-2005, 09:36 AM
crowds were huge for the events I attended in Westport. I remember the aerial views of the crowds on the news, which is one of the main reasons I was drawn out. Too bad...

I agree; standing in the parking lot doesn't seem all that inviting. Were those events BYOB or did you get some type of voucher for food and drink from the entry fee?

Free entry and modestly priced beers.

vckcchiefs04
09-06-2005, 10:05 AM

Heres the scoop:

It's probably just the bitterness in me, but that does not sound like much to me. Or maybe it's the way 610 absolutely bores the hell out of me when I listen to that station. Ha ha!! Oh well, I guess I'll just look forward to tailgating. Thanks for the info anyway.

Mr. Laz
09-06-2005, 10:51 AM

i thought you lived in texas :hmmm:

Phobia
09-06-2005, 10:54 AM
i thought you lived in texas :hmmm:
Lived, yes.

I no longer live there. I've lived in KC for 2 years. Prior to that, I came up for several games per year.

Mr. Laz
09-06-2005, 10:56 AM
Lived, yes.

I no longer live there. I've lived in KC for 2 years. Prior to that, I came up for several games per year.
:thumb: cool

just wondered if you actually drove up from texas for every red friday.

now THAT's some dedication

tomahawk kid
09-06-2005, 10:58 AM
Damn, that sucks.

I just assumed that there would be something at the stadium.

It doesn't seem like Red Friday without some kind of celebration on Friday night.

Phobia
09-06-2005, 11:00 AM
:thumb: cool

just wondered if you actually drove up from texas for every red friday.

not THAT's some dedication

No. Flew some and drove some. I'm not talking about EVERY Red Friday, I'm talking about the Red Friday - home opener Red Friday.

Bob Dole
09-06-2005, 11:06 AM

At least you got to meet keg on his last foray out of the house (and before the wind ripped the door off the rental car).

Monty
09-06-2005, 11:31 AM
Damn, that sucks.

I just assumed that there would be something at the stadium.

It doesn't seem like Red Friday without some kind of celebration on Friday night.

Yeah, this sucks BIG TIME!! I have already made plans(rearranged work schedule, etc.) to travel from Texas and be there Friday night. I don't even know what to say....