PDA

View Full Version : The rest of the NFL is plain stupid...

donkhater
09-06-2005, 08:16 AM
...because they didn't claim Craphonso Thorpe.

WOW. I cannot believe that this guy made it too the KC practice squad. I mean, who wouldn't pick up a fourth round rookie with recent leg problems a week before the season starts ansd place him on their active roster? KC is LOADED with WR talent. Surely the top two or three guys who didn't make the squad would get snatched up immediately! Whew! KC dodged a bullet here.

jidar1
09-06-2005, 08:30 AM
Ok then.... I see. thanks for that.

jspchief
09-06-2005, 08:31 AM
Great thread.

NaptownChief
09-06-2005, 08:32 AM
I'm still at a loss as to while Richard Smith just gets kicked to the curb despite being a playmaker....Makes a 49 yard grab and waived the next day. He made big plays all preseason last year. He clearly has a lot of upside potential and wish the Chiefs would have kept him and quit pretending Dante is anything more than a return guy.

jidar1
09-06-2005, 08:34 AM
Because he dropped a few passes in key downs last year. I assume hes had the same problem in practice.

philfree
09-06-2005, 08:43 AM
Three of our five WRs are STs. It's all about STs. Our four main recievers this year are gonna be Gonzo, Kennison, Parker and Wilson so those 3rd, 4th and 5th WR spots are 50%+ about STs.

PhilFree:arrow:

NaptownChief
09-06-2005, 08:48 AM
Because he dropped a few passes in key downs last year. I assume hes had the same problem in practice.

Christ...Morton dropped key passes and had zero upside or big play ability and they kept him around for a good while. If a zero upside, overpaid vet gets leeway on that surely a young guy still learning the game would be given some.

jynni
09-06-2005, 08:56 AM
Didn't Richard Smith have problems dissapearing during the real games? He made the roster and then did diddly squat.

jspchief
09-06-2005, 08:58 AM
Christ...Morton dropped key passes and had zero upside or big play ability and they kept him around for a good while. If a zero upside, overpaid vet gets leeway on that surely a young guy still learning the game would be given some.Wrong. When you are a no name scrub, you don't get the opportunity to f*ck up the few chances you are given.

Besides, Morton is a bad comparison. Last I checked, he didn't make our team this year either.

KChiefs1
09-06-2005, 09:19 AM
Didn't Richard Smith have problems dissapearing during the real games?

He couldn't figure out where the out of bounds line was in Minnesota on a very easy catch. :cuss:

NaptownChief
09-06-2005, 10:59 AM
Wrong. When you are a no name scrub, you don't get the opportunity to f*ck up the few chances you are given.

Besides, Morton is a bad comparison. Last I checked, he didn't make our team this year either.

He did last season after pissing himself during crunch time in the playoffs.

Cormac
09-06-2005, 11:04 AM
Smith looked really good in that preseason game (Seattle?), but he's been around long enough and hasn't done enough consistently to make the team. John Booth made a bunch of plays late in games too. But those guys are a dime a dozen, I guess.

I liked Jeris McIntyre as a project. That hit he took against St. Louis and still held on was great :thumb:. Hopefully he can become something while on the PS.

Pants
09-06-2005, 11:14 AM
I heard it's because Smith has troubles learning/understanding the scheme. Apparently he's really talented but really stupid as well... I have no link for this, just used to baby sit dogs for a guy who knows someboy in the organization.

Halfcan
09-06-2005, 11:57 AM
I didn't think Thorpe did much with his oppurtunity. I guess the other stupid teams in the NFL didn't think so either.

Cochise
09-06-2005, 12:03 PM
With our WR situation like it is I would take Morton back now.

Yeah, I wish we had someone better, but Morton would have got to around 1000 yards last year if he'd played the last few games. I don't see anyone on our roster who is going to replace that production.

I know we have a lot of Samie Parker honks around here, and I like him too, but the guy has less than 10 career receptions. Forgive me for not pencilling him in as a 1000 yard receiver just yet. Boerigter's got 30 catches in 3 years. Below that the depth chart brings tears to my eyes.

I think we're going to miss him, unless someone else seriously matures beyond expectations.

Deberg_1990
09-06-2005, 05:12 PM

Yeah, I wish we had someone better, but Morton would have got to around 1000 yards last year if he'd played the last few games. I don't see anyone on our roster who is going to replace that production.

I know we have a lot of Samie Parker honks around here, and I like him too, but the guy has less than 10 career receptions. Forgive me for not pencilling him in as a 1000 yard receiver just yet. Boerigter's got 30 catches in 3 years. Below that the depth chart brings tears to my eyes.

I think we're going to miss him, unless someone else seriously matures beyond expectations.

Sounds like we can expect to see alot of Dante Hall in the slot again this year. DAMNIT CARL!!!

whoman69
09-06-2005, 07:16 PM

I've seen enough of his drops and not being able to get open when needed to know we are well rid of him. I expect our depth to be better than it was in previous years.

Deberg_1990
09-06-2005, 07:38 PM
I've seen enough of his drops and not being able to get open when needed to know we are well rid of him. I expect our depth to be better than it was in previous years.

Im guessing that DV and the other coaches have really liked what they have seen out of Parker so far?? They must have some real confidence in this guy to get the job done considering they made no real effort to bring in a proven veteran other than Fred Ex (does he really count??)

Cochise
09-06-2005, 07:41 PM

Well, being without Boerigter and Wilson and only having Parker toward the end of the year, hopefully a full season from those three can replace his yardage and TD's. I'm mildly skeptical that they will but hopefully I'm wrong.

Deberg_1990
09-06-2005, 07:46 PM
Well, being without Boerigter and Wilson and only having Parker toward the end of the year, hopefully a full season from those three can replace his yardage and TD's. I'm mildly skeptical that they will but hopefully I'm wrong.

mildly skeptical about replaceing 795 yards recieving and 3 TD's??? Hardly all-pro numbers. Between the 3 of those players that should be easy. If they cant at least match that than they are all sorry players.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/2876

whoman69
09-06-2005, 08:13 PM
Boe didn't get hurt last year and I think Morton would have been gone last year. When Morton was not able to come back from injury at full speed, it killed us in the first three games.