PDA

View Full Version : The Jets have the best team in the NFL.....

Dawson4004
09-06-2005, 12:05 PM
according to the Jets Insider. I thought we were homers over here but they think they have no weaknesses that they have a better O then we have and our D can even think about stoping them.

So according to them we should just give them the win and go on to week 2 against the Raiders

alanm
09-06-2005, 12:08 PM
Those guys remind me of the Steeler homers who showed up a couple of years ago on the board and started the "Men of Steel are Coming" thread. That was a fun week. ROFL

RedDread
09-06-2005, 12:13 PM
From Jets Insider:

I was thinking of doing a full in depth scouting report on The Chiefs because I know alot about their schemes and players but most people don't want to read it.

The Chiefs have the best rushing offense in football. They have the best offensive line in the entire league. They can push you around. Roaf and Shields are hall of fame type players. They have both been to 10 pro bowls each. Shields is the most dominant guard in football. Brian Waters is tremendous. He actually won AFC offensive player of the week last season when The Cheifs ran for 8 td's against The Falcons. They have an excellent center. That line can dominate anyone.

The key to their ground game is their magnificent all world FB, Tony Richardson. Richardson is the best blocking FB in the league. He murdered Ray Lewis last season. You notice that no matter The HB is, Holmes, Blaylock, Larry Johnson. They all get big yardage running behind Richardson and that offensive line.

Despite not having superstar WR's. Trent Green has all day to throw the football and teams have to respect the run. Green is a very good QB. Underrated and he's in the perfect system for his skills. KC throws the ball down the field. Kennison and Parker are deep ball WR's. They take shots every game. I watched Kennison last year on monday night scorch The Pats secondary. They are a tough team to defend. That's why they were #1 in the league on offense last year. It all starts upfront though.

Some of them know their stuff

Cochise
09-06-2005, 12:14 PM
Those guys remind me of the Steeler homers who showed up a couple of years ago on the board and started the "Men of Steel are Coming" thread. That was a fun week. ROFL

Steelerwatch.com is where they were all coming from. Particularly that 'crime fighter' guy, is known around NFL boards on the web for talking trash before the game and then disappearing when his team loses.

You should have read it the week before their playoff game against the Patriots. Pittsburgh was invincible, the Pats were frauds who by all rights should have gone 3-13, and didn't even belong on the field with the LEGENDARY STEELERS.

Dawson4004
09-06-2005, 12:17 PM
Some of them know their stuff

I agree, but the majority have some serious green glasses on. Dont get me wrong, I believe the Chiefs to be the better team. But I am a little more objective about the game.

jspchief
09-06-2005, 12:19 PM
You thinks jetsinsider is bad? Try Theganggreen.com. These guys are borderline retarded.

Here's some gems:
I know everybody is predicting a high scoring game. Personally, I see us winning 28-6 or 28-9, something in that ballpark. My reasoning is because I realize our secondary is suspect and our safeties are babies, but I cannot see a team without a healthy QB on their roster scoring 20 points on our D. Stack the box against Holmes and Johnson, Blitz the hell outa Green and we be fine

Newsflash: Jets only giving up 1.8 ypc to opposing rushers. And that was against healthy young people. Old geezers with back problems probably aren't the answer against these hard hitters...

Stinger
09-06-2005, 12:20 PM

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=68629 ROFL ROFL

KC Kings
09-06-2005, 12:21 PM
That was the best rivals week I have ever seen on here though. There were a fwe dipshits, but for the most part they were guys coming over and arguing fact, stats and oppinions.

Rausch
09-06-2005, 12:23 PM
The Ravens, Broncos, and Falcons couldn't stop our running game.

I have no idea why the Jets fans think they will...

Ari Chi3fs
09-06-2005, 12:26 PM
This is gonna be great. Ill be there, and Ill be loud, but probably not as loud as ArrowheadLouder will be.

Wile_E_Coyote
09-06-2005, 12:32 PM
Tommygun will own you!!!!

Dawson4004
09-06-2005, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by suprjet
Certainly, we will have a tough time in KC. But, our defense will keep us in the game. We'll need to score some points to win.

Fortunately for us (not KC), they have some injuries at key positions on offense. QB Trent Green is coming off surgery to repair a torn artery in his leg. WR/KR Dante Hall has a knee injury. T Kevin Sampson has a toe sprain and RT Jordan Black is hobbled. They will probably all play but aren't 100%.

We should be able to score on their defense. Though improved, it is still not elite. Look for the Jets to establish the run with Curtis and connect on a few passes to move the ball. We'll probably also see some big kicks by Nuge.

Well said, Suprjet. Wish this thread had more objective posts like this one...

Bob Dole
09-06-2005, 12:37 PM
This is gonna be great. Ill be there, and Ill be loud, but probably not as loud as ArrowheadLouder will be.

Bob Dole will be loud in spirit.

Wait...that's not it...

Let Bob Dole get back to you on this one.

RedDread
09-06-2005, 12:37 PM

ROFL

jidar
09-06-2005, 12:45 PM
They are predicting we score 6 or 9? You have got to be fing kiding me.
We haven't scored less than 16 points in a game since 2002 (had 13 once that year).The last time we scored less than 10 was in November of 2001.
You have to be pretty ignorant to make a prediction like that.

RedDread
09-06-2005, 12:46 PM
'Nother one from Jetsinsider
If I had a gun to my head I would pick:
Chiefs 24
Jets 21

Since I dont I pick:
Jets 31
Chiefs 27

:)

GangGreenDon
09-06-2005, 01:05 PM
First off, a website like GangGreen, JetsInsider, Chiefplanet, etc is going to have homers on there. You're gonna have guys on these sites that think they have the best team. If you're gonna badmouth the GangGreen.com for having a bunch of "retards" on there, maybe you should look around your own site.

That being said, it's pretty friggin stupid to be so sure of yourself in the beginning of the season. It's a known fact that the Chiefs have one of the best offensive lines in football (as do the Jets). Being the visiting team is hard enough, but to do it on opening day is even worse, because teams and fans are so caught up and anxious. Basically, it's a gimme game but you have to give the edge to the Chiefs because it's their home.

The Jets have one of the most talented rosters in the league. They're young though and they need a few games to gel. I fully expect them to be a contender but I don't expect them to come out manhandling teams on a weekly basis right in the beginning of the season. They may get there but not yet and definetly not so early.

RedDread
09-06-2005, 01:25 PM
As a Chiefs fan, I never expect a loss at home. Sure they happen but our home winning % is one of the highest since the Chiefs moved to Arrowhead. I'm not discounting the Jets. They have a good enough team to win the AFC East this year. But I will never, ever bet against the Chiefs at home.

Dawson4004
09-06-2005, 01:26 PM
I would agree with everything you said GangGreenDon, but the funny part is about 90% of the posts on Jets Insider were stating that the Jets can lose to the Chiefs. Now if every Jets fan thought the way you do you know that it is very possible that the Jets can lose.

If this game was at the Jets then I would say that the Chiefs have a very good chance of losing this game.

I think people around here are a little less quick to put on the homer glasses because of the let down we had last year. But hey what do I know.

jspchief
09-06-2005, 01:36 PM
If you're gonna badmouth the GangGreen.com for having a bunch of "retards" on there, maybe you should look around your own site.

Sorry, but when someone predicts us to get held under 10 points (something that hasn't happened in two years, and hasn't happened at home in 4 years), and someone else claims that your team holds rushers to 1.8 ypc, retard is just the word that comes to mind. :)

Ikeyman3
09-06-2005, 01:44 PM
Jet fan here,
I was the guy who said that I would pick the Chiefs if I had a gun to my head, and that is because of the home field advantage that you guys have. Arrowhead is one of if not the toughest places to play.
I am expecting a very close game that will come down to the 4th quarter where one team will execute and make a couple of key plays to win the game. Your offense is on e of the best in the league, and Priest Holmes and Tony G, scare any defense. You will get your points but will the Jets O be able to match them score for score, that will be decided on Sunday. I have no idea and neither does anyone, How will Chad's shoulder hold up? is anyones guess.

All I know that these teams are very evenly matched and one or two plays will probably go a long way in deciding a winner. The spresad is -3 so that means that these teams are even and that you are the favorite bec. of HFA. That is the reason I think you will eek out a W, but we will see what happens on 9/11.
Good Luck on the rest of your season and Go Jets!

GangGreenDon
09-06-2005, 02:51 PM
actually I think I probably spoke to soon because I'm reallly not that familiar with JetsInsider.com...regardless I still believe a Jets site is gonna have more Jet's optimists and sadly way to many homers who see everything through green glasses. I'm not even taking into consideration the fact that the Chiefs have been one of the premier home teams in the league, just the fact that an away game on opening day is hard in and of itself, regardless of location. Also, it seems a lot of Jets fans forgot that our starting strong safety, Kerry Rhodes, will be assigned to cover Tony Gonzalez. He's a good player but I have a hard time believing he, or anyone else, will shut down Big T. If I had to make a spread I'd say 3 pt favorite for Kansas City. Who the hell knows the score though and I'm not about to predict a winner.

xxedge72x
09-06-2005, 02:54 PM
The fact is the Jets are going to bring home the W come Sunday. The Chiefs have been home warriors but the Jets have been road warriors, and the stat about opening day home wins is blown out of proportion. Didn't you guys lose the last 4 out of 5? The Jets are so much better than last year and finished 10-6 last year, while the Chiefs went 7-9 and aren't as improved. Jets take it, hands down.

munkey
09-06-2005, 03:04 PM
The fact is the Jets are going to bring home the W come Sunday. The Chiefs have been home warriors but the Jets have been road warriors, and the stat about opening day home wins is blown out of proportion. Didn't you guys lose the last 4 out of 5? The Jets are so much better than last year and finished 10-6 last year, while the Chiefs went 7-9 and aren't as improved. Jets take it, hands down.

ROFL

HC_Chief
09-06-2005, 03:06 PM
KC will score 28pts, minimum.

Question is can the NYJ O manage to do the same? If the KC D contains Martin, I say no.

KC 31, NYJ 24

xxedge72x
09-06-2005, 03:09 PM
KC will score 28pts, minimum.

Question is can the NYJ O manage to do the same? If the KC D contains Martin, I say no.

KC 31, NYJ 24

What makes you think the Chiefs are going to contain Martin? He's not going to see 8 men in the box, because if he does, then the Jets are going to go vertical and put up some big plays. The Jets OC has said that if any of the receivers see single coverage, they're breaking off their route and going for the endzone. The Jets have dangerous receivers, which will loosen up the front 7. A loosened up, and not that good front 7 = Curtis having a big game.

xxedge72x
09-06-2005, 03:10 PM
ROFL

Since you've got nothing to say other than a smiley, all I'm going to say is nice avatar and have fun watching us romp and stomp. :Pimp:

jspchief
09-06-2005, 03:13 PM
What makes you think the Chiefs are going to contain Martin? He's not going to see 8 men in the box, because if he does, then the Jets are going to go vertical and put up some big plays. The Jets OC has said that if any of the receivers see single coverage, they're breaking off their route and going for the endzone. The Jets have dangerous receivers, which will loosen up the front 7. A loosened up, and not that good front 7 = Curtis having a big game.KC's run D is pretty solid against runners like Martin. We won't need safety support to slow him down. My guess is he'll get around 75-80 yards before the Jets have to abandon the run to try and catch up to us.

Pants
09-06-2005, 03:13 PM
Since you've got nothing to say other than a smiley, all I'm going to say is nice avatar and have fun watching us romp and stomp. :Pimp:

Dude, I wish we could make a bet. I need money pretty bad right now.

Pants
09-06-2005, 03:14 PM
KC's run D is pretty solid against runners like Martin. We won't need safety support to slow him down. My guess is he'll get around 75-80 yards before the Jets have to abandon the run to try and catch up to us.

They won't need to run at all. All they have to do is pass over McCleon.

Bob Dole
09-06-2005, 03:15 PM
As a Chiefs fan, I never expect a loss at home. Sure they happen but our home winning % is one of the highest since the Chiefs moved to Arrowhead. I'm not discounting the Jets. They have a good enough team to win the AFC East this year. But I will never, ever bet against the Chiefs at home.

And don't forget that the Jets defense is over rated.

DJJasonp
09-06-2005, 03:15 PM

Frickin' New Yorkers!

I admire the confidence (albeit blind confidence). But if the roles were reversed (the chiefs visiting the Jets).....I sure as hell wouldnt be on the Jets board saying we were going to romp.

A chance to win, yes. But that goes without saying "any given sunday".

Chiefs 24-16

ct
09-06-2005, 03:20 PM
'Nother one from Jetsinsider

If I had a gun to my head I would pick:
Chiefs 24
Jets 21

Since I dont I pick:
Jets 31
Chiefs 27

:)

Now THAT is classic!! And I've felt that way many times...

xxedge72x
09-06-2005, 03:22 PM
Frickin' New Yorkers!

I admire the confidence (albeit blind confidence). But if the roles were reversed (the chiefs visiting the Jets).....I sure as hell wouldnt be on the Jets board saying we were going to romp.

A chance to win, yes. But that goes without saying "any given sunday".

Chiefs 24-16

I usually don't go to other boards but it was brought to my attention on my own board that a bunch of people here were bashing not even the Jets, but my resident website. That was enough for me to come here and defend my team. I know what the Chiefs are capable of, and I would say that our homers are no better or worse than your homers. Obviously everyone will think their own team is going to win, especially in week 1, but I try to see things from a somewhat level playing field. I've been a season ticket holder to the Jets my entire life, and what I see right now is the best Jets team being fielded in my entire life. They're better than the Jets were supposed to be going into 1999, before Testaverde went down for the season against the Patriots.

If it were the Pats talking smack, then I couldn't respond, because they've not only owned the Jets but the entire NFL up to this point over the last few seasons. But the Chiefs, hell no. I remember when Priest made that game winning run against the Jets two or three years ago, it was freaking James Darling that missed the tackle that would've won the game for the Jets. Guess what, the worst player on the Jets defensive starting unit isn't as bad as James Darling was. In fact, we've got multiple backups that are better than James Darling.

I'm going to defend my team. Jets W, Chiefs L

DJJasonp
09-06-2005, 03:25 PM
I usually don't go to other boards but it was brought to my attention on my own board that a bunch of people here were bashing not even the Jets, but my resident website. That was enough for me to come here and defend my team. I know what the Chiefs are capable of, and I would say that our homers are no better or worse than your homers. Obviously everyone will think their own team is going to win, especially in week 1, but I try to see things from a somewhat level playing field. I've been a season ticket holder to the Jets my entire life, and what I see right now is the best Jets team being fielded in my entire life. They're better than the Jets were supposed to be going into 1999, before Testaverde went down for the season against the Patriots.

If it were the Pats talking smack, then I couldn't respond, because they've not only owned the Jets but the entire NFL up to this point over the last few seasons. But the Chiefs, hell no. I remember when Priest made that game winning run against the Jets two or three years ago, it was freaking James Darling that missed the tackle that would've won the game for the Jets. Guess what, the worst player on the Jets defensive starting unit isn't as bad as James Darling was. In fact, we've got multiple backups that are better than James Darling.

Good luck my friend. We dont say "home of the CHIEFS" for nothing.

Dawson4004
09-06-2005, 03:44 PM

And this is exactly what I was talking about. OK, I am about as big as Chiefs fan as you will come across, but I am not blind to think that we are the only team that improved. You have to be kidding me. You think that just because you guys changed your offense and got Ty law means you have the best football team hands down.

The Jets are a good football team; capable of beating any team, but come on do you really think that there is that much of a difference between the two teams? And if I am not mistaken what happened last year and the year before that does not matter...we will see on Sunday what the mighty Jets are all about and when they lose what will you be saying? That the Jets beat themselves and that they are still the best team around?

Dartgod
09-06-2005, 03:46 PM
This guy is obviously a genious (cps).
First off, a website like GangGreen, JetsInsider, Chiefplanet, etc is going to have homers on there. You're gonna have guys on these sites that think they have the best team. If you're gonna badmouth the GangGreen.com for having a bunch of "retards" on there, maybe you should look around your own site.

That being said, it's pretty friggin stupid to be so sure of yourself in the beginning of the season. It's a known fact that the Chiefs have one of the best offensive lines in football (as do the Jets). Being the visiting team is hard enough, but to do it on opening day is even worse, because teams and fans are so caught up and anxious. Basically, it's a gimme game but you have to give the edge to the Chiefs because it's their home.

The Jets have one of the most talented rosters in the league. They're young though and they need a few games to gel. I fully expect them to be a contender but I don't expect them to come out manhandling teams on a weekly basis right in the beginning of the season. They may get there but not yet and definetly not so early.

This one is not...

tk13
09-06-2005, 03:47 PM
I love watching the people who make the completely insane predictions, like they're going to hold us to 6 points. I always feel like we're in that scene from Independence Day where Jeff Goldblum and Will Smith are sitting docked in the alien mothership and are about to fire the nuclear bomb and they're waving at the aliens. "Goooodbyyyye!"

Bob Dole
09-06-2005, 03:49 PM

Your Jets website is over rated.

Rain Man
09-06-2005, 03:51 PM
I still scratch my head about how they consider the Jets to have one of the top offensive lines. I think there are some question marks there.

Bob Dole
09-06-2005, 03:54 PM
I still scratch my head about how they consider the Jets to have one of the top offensive lines. I think there are some question marks there.

The Jets offensive line is over rated.

xxedge72x
09-06-2005, 03:55 PM
And this is exactly what I was talking about. OK, I am about as big as Chiefs fan as you will come across, but I am not blind to think that we are the only team that improved. You have to be kidding me. You think that just because you guys changed your offense and got Ty law means you have the best football team hands down.

The Jets are a good football team; capable of beating any team, but come on do you really think that there is that much of a difference between the two teams? And if I am not mistaken what happened last year and the year before that does not matter...we will see on Sunday what the mighty Jets are all about and when they lose what will you be saying? That the Jets beat themselves and that they are still the best team around?

First off where did I say the Jets were the greatest team in the league? Best in the league are the Patriots until proven otherwise. Now that that's on the record, I believe in parity and I do believe the talent is close enough that it will be a competitive game. I'm not predicting a blowout, I'm not predicting the Jets defense holds the Chiefs O to 6 points.

What I AM saying is that the Jets are just a better team. They were last year, and they will be again this year. The Chiefs have some fantastic points, but when you look at the roster from top to bottom, the Jets simply are better. That doesn't garuntee a win, that's why they play the game, however, this will be the Jets game to lose. You know what, if the Jets lose Sunday, I'll congratulate you, and worry about WHY the Jets lost. All logical indications to this point is that the Jets are in the green and ready to go. The Jets don't have ANY glaring weaknesses. They have some rust (Law, Abraham) but it is not serious. Law is a wildcard but if Abraham can't do his job, then Bryan Thomas most certainly can.

The Chiefs defense, despite it's upgrades, are not improved enough to be a top tier team. They shouldn't, and I'm hoping won't hold the Jets offense. In fact, they are probably more prone to a huge game against the Jets offense than the Jets D is against the Chiefs. You're running game and tight ends are phenominal, but you're receiving corps sucks. Sorry, but it's true. Kennison is a threat yes, but one receiving threat doesn't scare a defense unless it's Randy Moss. The Jets gameplan will be revolved around stopping Priest and Tony, and you can sure as hell bet Henderson will be up to the task of preparing that game plan.

xxedge72x
09-06-2005, 03:56 PM
Your Jets website is over rated.

You're overrated.

Dawson4004
09-06-2005, 03:56 PM

Well according to the Jets Insider they actully have an O'line that on par with ours. Hey, and maybe by the end of the year we will be looking back at this post and saying man they really do have a O'line that is as good as ours, but as of right now you can not overlook what our O and O'line has done year in and year out over the past 4 years. Nothing major has changed the O but now their D can stop us. I just dont get it. :shrug:

Bob Dole
09-06-2005, 03:58 PM
You're overrated.

Not really.

BTW - leading and trailing X's in a username are over rated.

tk13
09-06-2005, 03:59 PM
Man, even we don't know how good our defense is going to be yet, and some of us have watched them play 4 times now. Saying you know whether our defense is going to be good enough or not is garbage, completely false. Too many new players at new positions. You really have no idea.

Dartgod
09-06-2005, 04:01 PM
Not really.

BTW - leading and trailing X's in a username are over rated.
I don't know about that. xxbob72x would make a fine username.

Ikeyman3
09-06-2005, 04:01 PM
4 out of the 5 guys that blocked for the NFL rushing champ are back. Last year they only gave up 31 sacks, but around 10 of those came when Quincy Carter played for 3 games. They even gave up 6 sacks vs. the Browns and won.

The core of the line is Mawae and Kendall. Both are pro-bowl caliber players. Mawae is probably a HOF that showed no sign of slowing down last year. Kendall ws a godsend from ARI, when they cut him for squealing about Dennis Green's practices.

Our tackles are our weak spots. Fabini is a below average OT that gets bear by speed rushers. Adriean Jones is a 2nd year player with only 2 years of tackle experience. The coaches are high on him, but ya never know. #69 Allen on the Chiefs must be albe to get pressure and hit Chad to stop the Jets Offense.

Pennington when hit does tend to get rattled. Against phisical D's Penny does not do so well. If I were Gunther I would blitz and Make Pennington beat him on the deep out. Take away the middle of the field and squat on Coles' routes.

Yust my 2 cents.

Bowser
09-06-2005, 04:02 PM

This right here is going to be put in the "That's Some Funny Shit" file.

Dawson4004
09-06-2005, 04:03 PM
well, if we all had the insight like xxedge72x we would know we have no chance at having a good D and of course no chance at HOME to beat the might Jets!!!

Bob Dole
09-06-2005, 04:05 PM
The fact is the Jets are going to bring home the W come Sunday. The Chiefs have been home warriors but the Jets have been road warriors, and the stat about opening day home wins is blown out of proportion.

Mel Gibson is over rated.

Ikeyman3
09-06-2005, 04:05 PM
Well according to the Jets Insider they actully have an O'line that on par with ours. Hey, and maybe by the end of the year we will be looking back at this post and saying man they really do have a O'line that is as good as ours, but as of right now you can not overlook what our O and O'line has done year in and year out over the past 4 years. Nothing major has changed the O but now their D can stop us. I just dont get it. :shrug:
The Chief O line is an elite group, while the Jet O-line is above average.
Waters, Roaf, Weigman when working in sync can handle and dominate a game. The Jets O-line cannot do that. We have some great players on the O-line(Mawae, Kendall) but we also have some big ? (A. Jones, FAbini)

Can anyone give me a scouting report on Jordan Black. He is the starting RT right?

xxedge72x
09-06-2005, 04:09 PM
well, if we all had the insight like xxedge72x we would know we have no chance at having a good D and of course no chance at HOME to beat the might Jets!!!

If you'd stop getting so emotional and read what I'm writing I'm merely stating my case as to why I think the Jets are going to win. I'm not coming in here saying the Jets are going to win because I said so, I'm giving legitimate reasons as to why the Jets can beat the Chiefs.

Bowser
09-06-2005, 04:10 PM
Can anyone give me a scouting report on Jordan Black. He is the starting RT right?

Actually, Kevin Sampson beat him out of the job in camp, but Sampson has turf toe, and Black will get the start.

Black played in the last 6 (I believe) games in '04 due to Welbourn going out with an injury. He played above expectations, and the Chiefs won 4 of their last 5.

Dawson4004
09-06-2005, 04:10 PM
The Chief O line is an elite group, while the Jet O-line is above average.
Waters, Roaf, Weigman when working in sync can handle and dominate a game. The Jets O-line cannot do that. We have some great players on the O-line(Mawae, Kendall) but we also have some big ? (A. Jones, FAbini)

As of today he is, not our 1st option to start at RT, Kevin Sampson is our starting RT and has a chance to be a very very good tackle in this league. But Jordan Black is probably a better pass blocker then run blocker. I doubt we will be running a lot to the right. But he is servicable when put next to Will Shields.

Bowser
09-06-2005, 04:11 PM
If you'd stop getting so emotional and read what I'm writing I'm merely stating my case as to why I think the Jets are going to win. I'm not coming in here saying the Jets are going to win because I said so, I'm giving legitimate reasons as to why the Jets can beat the Chiefs.

How are you going to stop Tony Gonzalez with a rookie safety? I hope you say double team him, because that just opens up the rest of our offense.

Bob Dole
09-06-2005, 04:12 PM

Your "legitimate reasons" are over rated.

Dartgod
09-06-2005, 04:12 PM
Actually, Kevin Sampson beat him out of the job in camp, but Sampson has turf toe, and Black will get the start.

Black played in the last 6 (I believe) games in '04 due to Welbourn going out with an injury. He played above expectations, and the Chiefs won 4 of their last 5.
Black came in for a series against the Ravens last year and dominated Ray-Ray Lewis, IIRC. Had him crying like a bitch on the sideline about being double-teamed.

xxedge72x
09-06-2005, 04:13 PM
How are you going to stop Tony Gonzalez with a rookie safety? I hope you say double team him, because that just opens up the rest of our offense.

I don't know how the Jets are going to stop Tony G. That's my biggest concern going into this game. That is the single biggest threat the Jets are facing Sunday. But you know what, even if Tony G. has a great game, a tight end doesn't win football games, Tony G. or not.

ArrowheadHawk
09-06-2005, 04:14 PM
I don't know how the Jets are going to stop Tony G. That's my biggest concern going into this game. That is the single biggest threat the Jets are facing Sunday. But you know what, even if Tony G. has a great game, a tight end doesn't win football games, Tony G. or not.
yeah but tony g., trent green, priest, and now lj do win games

Bowser
09-06-2005, 04:14 PM

I hope Herman Edwards is thinking the exact same thing.

Ikeyman3
09-06-2005, 04:16 PM
You dont stop Tony G, IMO. He will get his catches and yards, you have to limit the other guys. I would constantly blitz at his side and chip and bump him every play. Try to keep him as a blocker whenever you can. Drill to the LB and S's that you must sure tackle, no YAC. Play off of him let him get his 8 yard catch then hit him in the mouth.
Obviously easier said than done but out track record vs. TE the past # of years has been superb. We shut down Gates once, and in the PS Gates really did not do that much till the 4th Quarter drive (yes the Eric Barton RTP penalty).
I read that last time we met that Gonzo only had like 43 yards. MAybe we see a duplicate preformance. Obviously Rhodes is not going to only play him man-to man. There will be some LB/S help.

xxedge72x
09-06-2005, 04:17 PM
yeah but tony g., trent green, priest, and now lj do win games

Then again so does Pennington, Martin, Sowell, Coles, McCareins, Abraham, Ellis, Robertson, Barton, Vilma, Barrett and Coleman.

Dawson4004
09-06-2005, 04:17 PM

If you are not concerned with stopping our running attack then you really are blinded by the green glasses. We have one of the top rushing attacks in the league, and I have seen several top rushing Ds fail to stop us....but, again this is a new year maybe you guys do have the best D in the league, but I would still be concerned about our running game.

xxedge72x
09-06-2005, 04:18 PM
I hope Herman Edwards is thinking the exact same thing.

That's why he's a paid coach and I'm a fan on an opponents message board. :)

Ikeyman3
09-06-2005, 04:18 PM
Gonzo is not a "tight end" he liek any elite reciever can dominate a game a la. Moss/T.O. Containing Gonzales should be our #2 priority on defense after containing priest. Everything in KC's offense runs thru Priest.

xxedge72x
09-06-2005, 04:19 PM
If you are not concerned with stopping our running attack then you really are blinded by the green glasses. We have one of the top rushing attacks in the league, and I have seen several top rushing Ds fail to stop us....but, again this is a new year maybe you guys do have the best D in the league, but I would still be concerned about our running game.

I never said it wasn't a concern, I said Tony G. was my biggest concern. Tony G. is a game changer going up against a rookie by all reports. The running game is something the Jets had excelled against last year and there's no reason they won't continue to do so now. I think the odds of the Jets beating the Jets running backs is better than the Jets back 7 beating Tony G., which is why I'm more concerned about him.

Reaper16
09-06-2005, 04:19 PM
The Jets have the best team in the NFL.....

...For me to poop on! :)

Bob Dole
09-06-2005, 04:22 PM
I read that last time we met that Gonzo only had like 43 yards. MAybe we see a duplicate preformance.

Gonzo had 4 for 25.

Holmes had 233 yards from scrimmage.

You lost.

Cmart28
09-06-2005, 04:25 PM

Congrats Edge, you're now a Chiefs planet starter!!, I want to be a starter now!! :holdman:

ArrowheadHawk
i wish i could just make it sunday and begin watching the game....I think the Chiefs are going to have one hell of a team........of course i thought this last year also!

RedDread
Gonzo had 4 for 25.

Holmes had 233 yards from scrimmage.

You lost.

ooh, wasn't that the game where Holmes did the superman leap into the end zone after taking a dump pass 20 yards in 2002? That game was awesome.

Dawson4004
09-06-2005, 04:26 PM
I never said it wasn't a concern, I said Tony G. was my biggest concern. Tony G. is a game changer going up against a rookie by all reports. The running game is something the Jets had excelled against last year and there's no reason they won't continue to do so now. I think the odds of the Jets beating the Jets running backs is better than the Jets back 7 beating Tony G., which is why I'm more concerned about him.

Just so you know we didnt play our own D the past 4 years to become the best O in the league we actully played D similar to the Jets and (dare I say it) better then the Jets. We will see after this sunday if what you say is true about your JETS!!!

SBK
09-06-2005, 04:33 PM
Then again so does Pennington, Martin, Sowell, Coles, McCareins, Abraham, Ellis, Robertson, Barton, Vilma, Barrett and Coleman.

He wins, he can name more guys on his team. ROFL

DJJasonp
09-06-2005, 04:44 PM
I'm not so concerned with Coles (can Pennington still throw the ball more than 40yds?).....we need to make sure we stop Martin. We stop Martin, Gun can unload DJ, Bell, and the kitchen sink on Pennington.

dtforever
09-06-2005, 04:45 PM

Yes, and the Ravens and Falcon's excelled against the run last year too...or that is what I was told anyway. Didn't seem to matter though...

Bowser
09-06-2005, 04:57 PM
Yes, and the Ravens and Falcon's excelled against the run last year too...or that is what I was told anyway. Didn't seem to matter though...

You should post a bit more.......

Tuckdaddy
09-06-2005, 05:13 PM
They have a weakness. The pats are in their division and own their asses

Raiderhader
09-06-2005, 05:20 PM

So it takes those 11 guys to do what what Priest, Trent, Gonzo, and LJ do?

Color me unimpressed.

:p

ArrowheadHawk
09-06-2005, 05:23 PM
So it takes those 11 guys to do what what Priest, Trent, Gonzo, and LJ do?

Color me unimpressed.

:p
:thumb:

headsnap
09-06-2005, 05:35 PM
ooh, wasn't that the game where Holmes did the superman leap into the end zone after taking a dump pass 20 yards in 2002? That game was awesome.

http://www.lostcatdesigns.com/chiefsstuff/jets800.jpg

Oxford
09-06-2005, 06:40 PM
Our tackles are our weak spots. Fabini is a below average OT that gets bear by speed rushers. Adriean Jones is a 2nd year player with only 2 years of tackle experience. The coaches are high on him, but ya never know.

This is a major problem for the Jets. Speed rushers at both ends in passing situations against weak tackles is a recipe for getting your QB hammered. The noise further disadvantages the tackles (false start), along with the difficulty in audibling.

If the Jet offense is in 3rd and 6+, it won't be pretty. If they are in 3rd and 3 or less, it will be a dogfight.

Wallcrawler
09-06-2005, 07:37 PM
I cant believe that there are doubters about the Chiefs offense. Tight ends dont win games. Whatever.

Tony Gonzalez is the equivalent of a Randy Moss/T.O/Marvin Harrison in this offense. He's like a big wide receiver that just happens to line up at TE. Gonzalez caught more passes than ANYONE in the NFL last season with 102, and that was on a bad ankle which has now been repaired.

Eddie Kennison is coming off of a thousand yard season. His best as a pro.

Samie Parker, with the kind of speed that he has on the outside is going to command respect. Speed dictates coverage.

Marc Boerigter is back in form, and at 6'4 and playing in the slot, he presents some big matchup problems for defenses. He's a big target and can run after the catch.

Throw in Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson running behind the best O-line in football, the Jets defense is going to have several headaches trying to defend the Chiefs offense. There is always someone to go to with the football. The Jets will have to play phenomenal defense to take away every option that Al Saunders has at his disposal all game long.

This offense is not just dominated by one player. Trent Green is one of the best in the league at spreading the football around. With that line in front of him, he has plenty of time to do it.

With the additions made to the Chiefs defense, Im quite confident that the Chiefs can make the stops neccessary to put the powerhouse Chiefs offense on the field and keep the Jets offense on the sidelines.

If the Chiefs get off to a good start and get up by a couple of scores, I look for the Chiefs to hand the Jets a heavy dose of Holmes and Johnson to eat up the yardage as well as the clock.

keg in kc
09-06-2005, 08:24 PM
If the Jet offense is in 3rd and 6+, it won't be pretty. The way the defense has played the last few years, as well as this preseason, I'd say you could be right. Just not the way you mean.

I sure hope our 3rd down issues don't carry over.

HC_Chief
09-06-2005, 08:37 PM
I cant believe that there are doubters about the Chiefs offense.

Why? They've only been the best offense in the league over the past three seasons. That's not long enough to be considered "good".

Yep, they're average. Certainly no match for that all-world NYJ defense.

Halfcan
09-06-2005, 08:51 PM
Chiefs 45 Jets 12. Welcome to TERRORHEAD Ryan Leaf, I mean Chad Penniston. He won't finish the game. After getting the shit knocked out of him the first three quarters, they will pull him since the game will be way out of reach at that point. Final line will be- 6 sacks, 5 hurries, 3 Int's, 0 Td's, and a whopping .38 QB rating for a measly 120 meaningless yards. It is going to be so loud he won't be able to audible to change the play and protect against the relentless blitz Gun will release on his sorry azz.

Saul Good
09-06-2005, 09:00 PM
DANTE DANTE DANTE
Is he playing?
As for the Jets O-Line, it's average to slightly better than average. Mawae is a Pro-Bowler at Center. Kendall was cut by the Cardinals in 2004 and has had an unremarkable career, no Pro Bowls. Fabini is an average player, no Pro Bowls. Moore is nothing special, no Pro Bowls. Jones has never done anything, no Pro Bowls. Baker (TE) has never done anything, no Pro Bowls. This isn't a line that's on par with ours. Their best lineman would be our 4th best lineman. Martin had a great season yardage wise, but he had over 370 carries which led the NFL. Priest had barely half the carries and had more TDs. The Chiefs led the league in rushing YPG and TDs in 2004. It wasn't even close. In fact, all 3 Chiefs RBs were in the top 16 in the entire NFL in rushing TDs. I would bet my house that has never been done before.
The Jets had a mediocre offense last year and have a new coordinator. They were in the bottom half of the league in scoring in 2004. Both teams have similar starting lineups as last year, though the Jets did add Coles, and the Chiefs are replacing Morton with Parker.
The Jets defense was one of the league's best last year, and look to be just as good this year. Their secondary is kind of iffy, especially in the early season while Law is less than 100%. The Chiefs were awful last year but have added impact players in Surtain, who will unseat McCleon as a starter once Warfield returns in week 5, Sammy Knight, Kendrell Bell, and Derrick Johnson. Carlos Hall will also start. He's not an impact player, but he's certainly an upgrade. The Chiefs have a lot of talented players on defense, but it's anybody's guess as to how they will play together. Both teams have a lot of question marks.

Jets: Is Law healthy? Is Pennington healthy? How will they react to the new OC? How will their rookie DB handle a HOF TE in his first ever start?

Chiefs: Is Green healthy? Is Dante healthy? Is Bell healthy? Can we hold down the fort until Warfield returns? How will the new defensive players gel?

All in all, it should be a good game. The Chiefs should win at home, but I don't see a blowout either way.

Halfcan
09-06-2005, 09:03 PM
Wow never thought I would hear "can we hold down the fort until warfield returns"-the guys not that great and never has been, but I guess its all we have.

Saul Good
09-06-2005, 09:05 PM
Wow never thought I would hear "can we hold down the fort until warfield returns"-the guys not that great and never has been, but I guess its all we have.

He'll be one of the top #2 Corners in the league. He was an average #1 last year. There's a huge difference between him and anyone else we have.

Count Alex's Wins
09-06-2005, 09:06 PM
Hey, interesting thought.

Has anyone even HEARD of the Jets punter, Ben Graham? He appears to have never punted in the NFL before.

They also have a rookie placekicker.

schneider221
09-06-2005, 09:21 PM

Has anyone even HEARD of the Jets punter, Ben Graham? He appears to have never punted in the NFL before.

the jets fans were getting a hard on over his "helicopter" punts that everyone fumbles...wait ive heard that before....oh ya our man dustin...i cant wait to see one of their return men fumble a punt and believe that someone else has this special "helicopter" punt

Mosbonian
09-06-2005, 10:07 PM

I'm sorry, but this list has a few pretenders.....Coles seems to alway be "on the edge of greatness" but never manages to cross over....please show me what Sowell has accomplished.....McCareins was supposed to be a stand-out after coming over from Tenn, but was hard pressed to be considered a feared weapon in NY....

mmaddog

xxedge72x
09-07-2005, 12:23 AM

Here's to hoping Dante Hall has never heard of Ben Graham, since Graham causes fumbles like nuts. You'll see. :)

tk13
09-07-2005, 12:27 AM
Here's to hoping Dante Hall has never heard of Ben Graham, since Graham causes fumbles like nuts. You'll see. :)
I've heard good things about your punter. I think that's a really interesting comparison, because we have a rookie punter that does the exact same thing, he has a weird left-footed punt that causes lots of fumbles. All our returners have had problems with him in camp, and he caused at least one fumble I can remember in preseason. Dante might actually be the most prepared PR you'll see all year for a punter like that.

Saul Good
09-07-2005, 12:51 AM

Dante almost never fumbles. He's got as sure of hands as you'll find in the game. Somehow I doubt Herm's rubbing his hands together saying, "I can't wait to punt to Dante!"

Out of every position in football, KR may have the biggest disparity between the best and the second best. You don't get much argument when calling Dante the most dangerous return man in the game.

Valiant
09-07-2005, 12:55 AM
4 out of the 5 guys that blocked for the NFL rushing champ are back. Last year they only gave up 31 sacks, but around 10 of those came when Quincy Carter played for 3 games. They even gave up 6 sacks vs. the Browns and won.

The core of the line is Mawae and Kendall. Both are pro-bowl caliber players. Mawae is probably a HOF that showed no sign of slowing down last year. Kendall ws a godsend from ARI, when they cut him for squealing about Dennis Green's practices.

Our tackles are our weak spots. Fabini is a below average OT that gets bear by speed rushers. Adriean Jones is a 2nd year player with only 2 years of tackle experience. The coaches are high on him, but ya never know. #69 Allen on the Chiefs must be albe to get pressure and hit Chad to stop the Jets Offense.

Pennington when hit does tend to get rattled. Against phisical D's Penny does not do so well. If I were Gunther I would blitz and Make Pennington beat him on the deep out. Take away the middle of the field and squat on Coles' routes.

Yust my 2 cents.

Rushing champ by forfeit you mean???

Jets 4.5ypc, 18tds
KC 4.6ypc, 31tds

Which rushing attack and Oline do you think is more dominant agian??? You guys had more yards rushing, but when you add the fact that you ran 35 more times then us... Then lets add the fact that we led the NFL in yards per game at 418.4 to your 339.9...tell me agian why your offense is close to ours??

You cannot even compare your offensive ability to ours, If this were highschool football we would be state champs and your Offense would be losing at pop warner...

xxedge72x
09-07-2005, 12:56 AM
Dante almost never fumbles. He's got as sure of hands as you'll find in the game. Somehow I doubt Herm's rubbing his hands together saying, "I can't wait to punt to Dante!"

Out of every position in football, KR may have the biggest disparity between the best and the second best. You don't get much argument when calling Dante the most dangerous return man in the game.

Dante is the most dangerous return man in the game. No denying that here.

Count Alex's Wins
09-07-2005, 01:13 AM
I always thought Fabini was really good. I guess not. Could be a big day for Jared Allen/Carlos Hall.

xxedge72x
09-07-2005, 01:35 AM
I always thought Fabini was really good. I guess not. Could be a big day for Jared Allen/Carlos Hall.

Fabini is good but overpaid more than overrated. Too many fale starts. Very solid in protection however.

Count Alex's Wins
09-07-2005, 01:50 AM
Fabini is good but overpaid more than overrated. Too many fale starts. Very solid in protection however.

False starts, eh?

http://www.genesiswave.com/images/Events/Arrowhead01.jpg

ChiefIronHorse
09-07-2005, 06:09 AM

Interesting comment. Have you looked on the other side of the coin yet? The running game is something that the jets had excelled against last year? Let's looks at the jets games last year. The average rushing offense the jets defense faced last year was 16. Just below average. They only beat two teams that ranked in the top ten in rushing offense (Seattle @ 8th & SD @ 6th). The lost twice to NE (7th), once to Balt (9th) and Pitts (2nd). They beat Mia (31st) twice, SF (30th), Cle (23rd), Ari (22nd) and Stl (26th). The Chiefs ranked 5th in rushing offense. And that's with Holmes missing half the season. Did you happen to look at the rushing TDs the Chiefs had last year (31). The second closes team to that was SD (24). And the Chiefs had the 3rd best rushing average in the NFL (4.6). So keep telling yourself that the jets defense will keep the Chiefs rushing attack in check. I wish you were a jets coach and not just a fan on a opponents forum. :p

Piper
09-07-2005, 04:37 PM
You cannot even compare your offensive ability to ours, If this were highschool football we would be state champs and your Offense would be losing at pop warner...

Not saying our offense is close to yours, but how many good defenses do you face?

We face NE, Buffalo, and Miami twice each. Three of the better defenses in the game.

PRIEST
09-07-2005, 04:48 PM
Well let's see ,Ravens,Falcons,Denver (2)Pats,Bolt's,(2)

Piper
09-07-2005, 05:03 PM
Well let's see ,Ravens,Falcons,Denver (2)Pats,Bolt's,(2)
Nice. We also played the Bolts & Ravens plus Pittsburgh in addition to those above and we had Paul Hackett running our offense!

How was you offense when he was running it? :hmmm:

Frosty
09-07-2005, 05:05 PM
Nice. We also played the Bolts & Ravens plus Pittsburgh in addition to those above and we had Paul Hackett running our offense!

How was you offense when he was running it? :hmmm:

We've blocked that memory out.

Cochise
09-07-2005, 05:08 PM

Yeah, you had 5 against New England (twice), the Chargers, the Ravens and Steelers. But you only won one of those games.

Opponent Result Score

Cincinnati Bengals W 31-24
San Diego Chargers W 34-28
Miami Dolphins W 17- 9
Buffalo Bills W 16-14
San Francisco 49ers W 22-14
New England Patriots L 7-13
Miami Dolphins W 41-14
Buffalo Bills L 17-22
Baltimore Ravens L 17-20
Cleveland Browns W 10- 7
Arizona Cardinals W 13- 3
Houston Texans W 29- 7
Pittsburgh Steelers L 6-17
Seattle Seahawks W 37-14
New England Patriots L 7-23
St. Louis Rams L 29-32

PRIEST
09-07-2005, 05:08 PM

So true :)

Wile_E_Coyote
09-07-2005, 05:17 PM
Yeah, you had 5 against New England (twice), the Chargers, the Ravens and Steelers. But you only won one of those games.

Opponent Result Score

Cincinnati Bengals W 31-24
San Diego Chargers W 34-28
Miami Dolphins W 17- 9
Buffalo Bills W 16-14
San Francisco 49ers W 22-14
New England Patriots L 7-13
Miami Dolphins W 41-14
Buffalo Bills L 17-22
Baltimore Ravens L 17-20
Cleveland Browns W 10- 7
Arizona Cardinals W 13- 3
Houston Texans W 29- 7
Pittsburgh Steelers L 6-17
Seattle Seahawks W 37-14
New England Patriots L 7-23
St. Louis Rams L 29-32

if we went 8-8 we would have a 50/50 chance(Cinncy-Rams)
at 7-9 we're DOOMED!

Skip Towne
09-07-2005, 05:24 PM
Hall sees it every day in practice.

Bob Dole
09-07-2005, 05:40 PM

Fale starts are over rated.

stevieray
09-07-2005, 05:47 PM
Fale starts are over rated.

That's a stupid rule anyway..

BTW, send me that info.

Piper
09-08-2005, 07:29 AM

I wish I could.

Maybe with time...

Ari Chi3fs
09-08-2005, 08:31 AM
Jets 129 Chiefs -3

Bob Dole
09-11-2005, 10:25 PM
Where's that over rated xxedge72x girl now that the game is in the books?

bogie
09-12-2005, 06:15 PM
xxedge72x
Starter

Report Post | IP: Logged

xxedge72x
Starter

What makes you think the Chiefs are going to contain Martin? He's not going to see 8 men in the box, because if he does, then the Jets are going to go vertical and put up some big plays. The Jets OC has said that if any of the receivers see single coverage, they're breaking off their route and going for the endzone. The Jets have dangerous receivers, which will loosen up the front 7. A loosened up, and not that good front 7 = Curtis having a big game.

Do these kind of guys historically come back? ROFL

Raiderhader
09-12-2005, 06:21 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=123835

Chiefs Pantalones
09-12-2005, 06:28 PM
Where did the Jets fans go to?

Did they come back to take their medicine?

bogie
09-12-2005, 06:32 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=123835

Good for him. Thanks.