09-06-2005, 01:52 PM
RIP.

Mr. Laz
09-06-2005, 01:52 PM
R.I.P

makes 3

ROYC75
09-06-2005, 01:54 PM
Damn, I grew up watching this guy and that show.

Rain Man
09-06-2005, 01:54 PM
I'm saddened. Gilligan was a towering figure in my childhood.

Rain Man
09-06-2005, 01:55 PM
R.I.P

makes 3

Is Natalie Schaefer still around? I have no idea.

Hydrae
09-06-2005, 01:55 PM
Man, getting old sucks when your childhood heros start to die of old age.

Thanks for the laughs Bob, we'll always remember you.

cadmonkey
09-06-2005, 01:56 PM
He wasn't dead already?

ROYC75
09-06-2005, 01:59 PM
To you young pups, How many of you remember The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis ?

Before Gilligan......

jspchief
09-06-2005, 01:59 PM
Okay. I'll be the first to come out and say it.

I do a little dance anytime anything with Denver in it's name dies. :evil:

AZORChiefFan
09-06-2005, 02:00 PM
RIP Grew up watching his exploits on 41.

StcChief
09-06-2005, 02:01 PM
Good bye. Little buddy. RIP

penchief
09-06-2005, 02:30 PM
So long "Little Buddy" ... RIP

Ditto.

chagrin
09-06-2005, 02:34 PM
I guess that means that Tina Louise can now publish her "tell all" book?

HarryParatestes
09-06-2005, 02:55 PM
I guess that means that Tina Louise can now publish her "tell all" book?

Isn't Dawn Wells still alive and kicking? She'd kick Tina's uppity ahhhsss if she tells all !

gblowfish
09-06-2005, 02:56 PM
I blame FEMA. He was stranded and surrounded by water.

tahnikijakaba
09-06-2005, 03:04 PM
I am so glad I got that Gilligan tattoo last year.

siberian khatru
09-06-2005, 03:07 PM
"Far Out Space Nuts" ROCKED!!!!

ChiefsOne
09-06-2005, 03:10 PM
Always loved Gilligan's Island and watched reruns of Dobie Gillis.

Rain Man
09-06-2005, 03:12 PM
I am so glad I got that Gilligan tattoo last year.

If I got one, I'd get the Professor. He's the glue who held that group together.

Area 51
09-06-2005, 03:15 PM
If I got one, I'd get the Professor. He's the glue who held that group together.
If the prof was as smart as he was supposed to be, why did it take them so long to get off the island?

RIP Gilligan '05

Skipper '90
Mr. Howell '89
Mrs. Howell '91

Rain Man
09-06-2005, 03:21 PM
If the prof was as smart as he was supposed to be, why did it take them so long to get off the island?

RIP Gilligan

I think the professor secretly wanted to stay on the island. He obviously had the skills to make a comfortable life for himself, he got to tinker in a variety of areas ranging from hypnosis to chemistry to transmogrification, and you know he was scoring like a tenured rabbit with Ginger and Mary Ann since his only competition was Gilligan and the Skipper. Why would he want to leave and get back into the cutthroat and narrowly focused world of academics?

I think he sabotaged all of those rescue efforts and set Gilligan up to take the fall.

Area 51
09-06-2005, 03:23 PM
I think the professor secretly wanted to stay on the island. He obviously had the skills to make a comfortable life for himself, he got to tinker in a variety of areas ranging from hypnosis to chemistry to transmogrification, and you know he was scoring like a tenured rabbit with Ginger and Mary Ann since his only competition was Gilligan and the Skipper. Why would he want to leave and get back into the cutthroat and narrowly focused world of academics?

I think he sabotaged all of those rescue efforts and set Gilligan up to take the fall.

I can understand your point. I'd like to do a threesome with Ginger and Mary Ann!

ROYC75
09-06-2005, 03:24 PM

Man, I always knew he was the evil one .......

Rain Man
09-06-2005, 03:44 PM
Here's my take on each person:

1. Professor - Most incentive other than the Skipper to stay on the island. See previous post.

2. Gilligan - No real incentive to stay or leave, but as the (probable) poorest person prior to the wreck, he had the least to lose being on the island, and all in all it's probably a pretty good life. Plus, he probably gets some occasional desperation sex from the ladies.

3. Skipper - Absolutely no incentive to get off the island. His boat is ruined, and even if he had insurance he's be facing lawsuits like crazy from people like the Howells, who you know have an army of lawyers on retainer. If he gets off the island, he'll be giving the Howells his paycheck forever and living in some roach-ridden apartment.

4. Mary Ann - She's a farmer girl, so her goal was to find a quiet place and grow stuff to eat. Duh. She found it. No incentive to leave, other than perhaps a lack of good marital prospects.

5. Mr. Howell - Huge incentive to leave. You know that his empire was picked apart by the wolves at Howell Industries in his absence.

6. Mrs. Howell - Probably had an incentive to leave, though she's a bit of a wild card. Did she really like being a debutante? It seemed like it, so I imagine she would miss the parties and stuff, not to mention the comfort that can be afforded by her wealth. Unless she was tired of the limelight, she'd want to get back.

Ginger - Ginger is different from the others. She has a very high-visibility career, with a relatively short shelf life as a sex goddess. Additionally, being rescued from a desert island would be a huge publicity boon for her. She would be the only one who would truly profit off of being stranded, but only if the rescue happened within a couple of years. Otherwise, her career momentum will be completely lost and she'll be just another C list wannabe.

Adding these up, I see four people with no incentive to get off the island, and only three people with an (admittedly stronger) incentive to do so. Given the fact that the Professor and the Skipper led most of the strategizing, I don't think it's a coincidence that all of those rescue attempts failed.

Calcountry
09-06-2005, 03:51 PM

1. Professor - Most incentive other than the Skipper to stay on the island. See previous post.

2. Gilligan - No real incentive to stay or leave, but as the (probable) poorest person prior to the wreck, he had the least to lose being on the island, and all in all it's probably a pretty good life. Plus, he probably gets some occasional desperation sex from the ladies.

3. Skipper - Absolutely no incentive to get off the island. His boat is ruined, and even if he had insurance he's be facing lawsuits like crazy from people like the Howells, who you know have an army of lawyers on retainer. If he gets off the island, he'll be giving the Howells his paycheck forever and living in some roach-ridden apartment.

4. Mary Ann - She's a farmer girl, so her goal was to find a quiet place and grow stuff to eat. Duh. She found it. No incentive to leave, other than perhaps a lack of good marital prospects.

5. Mr. Howell - Huge incentive to leave. You know that his empire was picked apart by the wolves at Howell Industries in his absence.

6. Mrs. Howell - Probably had an incentive to leave, though she's a bit of a wild card. Did she really like being a debutante? It seemed like it, so I imagine she would miss the parties and stuff, not to mention the comfort that can be afforded by her wealth. Unless she was tired of the limelight, she'd want to get back.

Ginger - Ginger is different from the others. She has a very high-visibility career, with a relatively short shelf life as a sex goddess. Additionally, being rescued from a desert island would be a huge publicity boon for her. She would be the only one who would truly profit off of being stranded, but only if the rescue happened within a couple of years. Otherwise, her career momentum will be completely lost and she'll be just another C list wannabe.

Adding these up, I see four people with no incentive to get off the island, and only three people with an (admittedly stronger) incentive to do so. Given the fact that the Professor and the Skipper led most of the strategizing, I don't think it's a coincidence that all of those rescue attempts failed.The tribe has spoken, its time for you to go, UHHHHHHHHHH!!!!111

Area 51
09-06-2005, 03:53 PM

Adding these up, I see four people with no incentive to get off the island, and only three people with an (admittedly stronger) incentive to do so. Given the fact that the Professor and the Skipper led most of the strategizing, I don't think it's a coincidence that all of those rescue attempts failed.

I think we are getting too deep into the why's and wherefores of the show.

I'd still do Mary Ann and Ginger!!!

dirk digler
09-06-2005, 03:56 PM
Damn this sad... Goodbye my friend. :(

Rain Man
09-06-2005, 04:01 PM
I think we are getting too deep into the why's and wherefores of the show.

I'd still do Mary Ann and Ginger!!!

Someday I'll write up my theory about Gilligan's Island as an allegory for the Cold War.

Frankie
09-06-2005, 05:57 PM
No. Mrs Howell died years ago. It's now 4 down, 3 to go. :( Now Gilligan's island is more crowded on the other side.

RIP Bob Denver.

whoman69
09-06-2005, 06:02 PM
R.I.P

makes 3
4 Skipper, Mr and Mrs Howell and now Gilligan. Damn, thought this was going to say the stupid Gilligan's Island reality show bit the dust.

gblowfish
09-06-2005, 06:42 PM
Someday I'll write up my theory about Gilligan's Island as an allegory for the Cold War.I did a sociology paper once about the organizational politics on Gilligan's Island. Can't remember it all, but basically Mr and Mrs Howell represented the Bourgeoisie, Ginger the celebrity elite, Professor the world of Academia, Skipper the oppresive middle management tool of the Bourgeoisie, and Gilligan was the proletariat. Mary Ann represented religious dogma; innocent, beautiful, naive and pure.

IMHO, Mary Ann was the hotter of the two. Ginger always looked rode hard and put up wet. Mary Ann could tear you up, then bake you a pie!

BTW: Dawn Wells is a graduate of Stephens College in Columbia, MO. Yowza!

4th and Long
09-06-2005, 06:45 PM
Oddly enough, I was sitting at a picnic table, discussing Gilligan's Island at lunch with a coworker. To my shock and horror, I come back inside, open my web browser and, BAM! Gilligan is dead!!! What's was even more of a shock was to find out he was 70! 70!!! Christ All Mighty, I'm getting old.

Dave Lane
09-06-2005, 07:06 PM

Nope shes dead Gilligan makes 4

Mr and Mrs Howell
The Skipper
Gilligan

Dave

We'll miss you little buddy.

Calcountry
09-06-2005, 07:44 PM
4 Skipper, Mr and Mrs Howell and now Gilligan. Damn, thought this was going to say the stupid Gilligan's Island reality show bit the dust.So the dirty ole professor can no go at it with Ginger and Mary Ann, alone on that Island.

Bowser
09-06-2005, 08:01 PM
Wow. This pic can't be all that old.....

4th and Long
09-06-2005, 08:03 PM
Wow. This pic can't be all that old.....
Plastic surgery has come leaps and bounds since Michael Jackson made it popular. I mean look at her. Her nose is still on her face and everything.

Halfcan
09-06-2005, 08:06 PM
Yeah R.I.P little buddy. What a bummer!!

Dawn Wells still looks hot-jeez she is what 60-but I would do her. Ginger was always a bitch but still hot.

I would say my top tv hotties would be.

1. I Dream of Jeanie-Barbara Eden was the bomb.
2. Mary Anne-sweet and innocent but great azz.
3. Bewitched-Early years, she was smokin.
4. Pettycoat Junction girls- nude in a water tower-can't complain about that.
5. Charlies Angels-minus brainy bitch Kate Jackson
6. Ginger-after all she was a movie star.
7. Charlene Tilton-Big boobed Dallas star.
8. Christy Mc nichol=she was hot in little darlings, forget what show she was on.
9. The blond girl on eight is enough-don't know her name, but was also in 1941 with Belushi.
10. Pinky Tuscadero-the Fonzes girlfriend-with a name like Pinky-oh never mind. Reminded me of Joan Jett-just something about those bad girls.

Halfcan
09-06-2005, 08:09 PM
Dang I forgot about the two hot babes on Lost in Space. The blond on there was just smokin hot in tights and go go boots.

BigOlChiefsfan
09-06-2005, 08:12 PM
RIP, Maynard G. Krebs, if you can dig it daddy-o.

The Professor worked hard to invent a coconut-shell contraceptive, and every other invention after that was just window-dressing. Smart? You bet.

I agree that Mary Ann could rock your world, then bake a pie. But I always figured Ginger could pop the top and go to work right on the wiring.

gblowfish
09-06-2005, 08:15 PM
Yeah R.I.P little buddy. What a bummer!!

Dawn Wells still looks hot-jeez she is what 60-but I would do her. Ginger was always a bitch but still hot.

I would say my top tv hotties would be.

1. I Dream of Jeanie-Barbara Eden was the bomb.
2. Mary Anne-sweet and innocent but great azz.
3. Bewitched-Early years, she was smokin.
4. Pettycoat Junction girls- nude in a water tower-can't complain about that.
5. Charlies Angels-minus brainy bitch Kate Jackson
6. Ginger-after all she was a movie star.
7. Charlene Tilton-Big boobed Dallas star.
8. Christy Mc nichol=she was hot in little darlings, forget what show she was on.
9. The blond girl on eight is enough-don't know her name, but was also in 1941 with Belushi.
10. Pinky Tuscadero-the Fonzes girlfriend-with a name like Pinky-oh never mind. Reminded me of Joan Jett-just something about those bad girls.
Whoah, dude...both hands on the keyboard!!

stevieray
09-06-2005, 08:23 PM
I'm picturing him driving the Howells bamboo limo.

Thanks for the great memories..

ENDelt260
09-06-2005, 08:27 PM
To you young pups, How many of you remember The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis ?

I used to watch it on Nick at Nite.

dilligaf
09-06-2005, 08:28 PM
R.I.P. :deevee:

Frankie
09-06-2005, 08:28 PM
I used to watch it on Nick at Nite.
Pepsi generation huh?

Halfcan
09-06-2005, 09:31 PM
We had 4 tv chanels 4, 5 , 9 and 41. Lets see now I have all those plus 38 and 62 plus a remote control, now that is progress. It is an amazing world we live in.

Fairplay
09-06-2005, 09:37 PM
Gilligan was cool. Funny. How could any one not miss reruns of that flick over the years.

Too bad. Later on bud.

gblowfish
09-06-2005, 09:39 PM
We had 4 tv chanels 4, 5 , 9 and 41. Lets see now I have all those plus 38 and 62 plus a remote control, now that is progress. It is an amazing world we live in.
Don't forget 19. It was on before 41. :)

Halfcan
09-06-2005, 10:21 PM
Yeah 19 was always fuzzy though unless my sister stood there holding the bunny ears covered in tin foil-it always had religious shit on there.

Mr. Kotter
09-06-2005, 10:43 PM
RIP, Bob.