PDA

View Full Version : NEW TRUCKKKK!!

KChiefsQT
09-06-2005, 03:23 PM
Just got a brand new Ridgeline. It's super cute... here's one with the same color as mine!!!!!
http://www.edmunds.com/media/roadtests/firstdrive/2006/honda.ridgeline/06.honda.ridgeline.r34.500.jpg

I know you don't think of Honda's as trucks... but I think times have changed.

Bob Dole
09-06-2005, 03:24 PM
Just got a brand new Ridgeline. It's super cute... here's one with the same color as mine!!!!!
http://www.edmunds.com/media/roadtests/firstdrive/2006/honda.ridgeline/06.honda.ridgeline.r34.500.jpg

Dogs love trucks.

chagrin
09-06-2005, 03:24 PM
I am all for trucks, but "cute"?

I'm going to be sick

Phobia
09-06-2005, 03:27 PM
Innovative ride, no question.

It's not for me, but I'm glad you like it.

I'm hoping to see some of the concepts used in this truck in some detroit metal.

Lzen
09-06-2005, 03:28 PM
Kinda weird looking truck. But it's a truck. ;)

Bob Dole
09-06-2005, 03:29 PM

Trucks are over rated.

KChiefsQT
09-06-2005, 03:29 PM
I am all for trucks, but "cute"?

I'm going to be sick

I know... sorry.

KChiefsQT
09-06-2005, 03:31 PM

It drives super smooth like a car, I like it. It's design is different.. but so am I. heheh

Simplex3
09-06-2005, 03:33 PM
Uh, it's an extended cab Subaru Brat with a lift kit.

SBK
09-06-2005, 03:34 PM
Uh, it's an extended cab Subaru Brat with a lift kit.

ROFL

SBK
09-06-2005, 03:35 PM
I prefer Cruck.

Frosty
09-06-2005, 03:38 PM
It drives super smooth like a car

It is a car.

penguinz
09-06-2005, 03:40 PM
That is not a truck.

Bowser
09-06-2005, 03:43 PM
I hope the "guy" who designed that and tried to pass it off as a truck had to turn in his testicles.

Glad you like it, though!

KChiefsQT
09-06-2005, 03:46 PM
hahaha... thats why I was a little hesitant to call it a truck.. ROFL ... I had a feeling it would cause an uproar. Whatever it is, it's beautiful and I love it.

Rain Man
09-06-2005, 03:48 PM
Hang on. Let me do a personality analysis.

Okay, it's a truck. A truck. Trucks are hard-working vehicles, or at least the vehicles of people who like to think they do hard work. It's a Honda, which usuall indicates a no-nonsense personality, someone who puts head before heart a lot. It's blue, which is kind of a mellow, go with the flow type of color, and it's dark, which is a bit mysterious. It's got a full passenger compartment, which means that you're close to your family, either that or you're big on drinking with groups. A name like Ridgeline means height and visibility, that you aspire to higher things and want others to know about them.

Putting all of this together, it would be my guess that you're a 53 year-old male, you work in the construction business, and you live with your mother while working nights at Taco Bell. Am I close?

Simplex3
09-06-2005, 03:49 PM
I hope the "guy" who designed that and tried to pass it off as a truck had to turn in his testicles.

Glad you like it, though!
Please, no man designed that. Vehicles like this happen when equal opportunity laws go bad.

Bowser
09-06-2005, 03:49 PM

Okay, it's a truck. A truck. Trucks are hard-working vehicles, or at least the vehicles of people who like to think they do hard work. It's a Honda, which usuall indicates a no-nonsense personality, someone who puts head before heart a lot. It's blue, which is kind of a mellow, go with the flow type of color, and it's dark, which is a bit mysterious. It's got a full passenger compartment, which means that you're close to your family, either that or you're big on drinking with groups. A name like Ridgeline means height and visibility, that you aspire to higher things and want others to know about them.

Putting all of this together, it would be my guess that you're a 53 year-old male, you work in the construction business, and you live with your mother while working nights at Taco Bell. Am I close?

No, no, no! You're thinking about (insert obligatory gochiefs reference here).

KChiefsQT
09-06-2005, 03:50 PM

hahhahahahahhah far from it. But good shot!! :clap:

Rain Man
09-06-2005, 03:59 PM
I thought I had it.

morphius
09-06-2005, 04:02 PM
I thought I had it.
You missed the important clue that she wasn't bragging about the horse power and towing capabilities.

Hope you enjoy it qt, I'm not overly fond of their looks, but they do have some cool features.

KChiefsQT
09-06-2005, 04:05 PM
You missed the important clue that she wasn't bragging about the horse power and towing capabilities.

Hope you enjoy it qt, I'm not overly fond of their looks, but they do have some cool features.

Thank you!! :)

Zebedee DuBois
09-06-2005, 04:09 PM
That truck bed doesn't look big enough for a mattress.

Skip Towne
09-06-2005, 04:16 PM
It's totally useless then.

Bowser
09-06-2005, 04:19 PM
You should have gotten a Ford. They have more giddyup.

Soupnazi
09-06-2005, 04:21 PM
I have a feeling that you'll be meeting plenty of gay men who need help moving very soon.

"That truck is thooooooo cute! Could you help Todd and I move our futon?"

J/K. Different strokes, different folks. I wouldn't have one but hope you enjoy your new ride.

chefsos
09-06-2005, 05:03 PM
..but plenty of room for the ex b/f, some chains and concrete blocks, and a map to the nearest deep water.

KChiefsQT
09-06-2005, 05:06 PM
..but plenty of room for the ex b/f, some chains and concrete blocks, and a map to the nearest deep water.

hahaha... my thoughts exactly.

NewChief
09-06-2005, 05:14 PM
I imagine that the "feature" that everyone else is alluding to is the inbed "trunk", which I also think is pretty freaking cool, especially if it's waterproof and lockable. It's a great idea, and if you can add it in without sacrificing ground clearance, it should become standard on all trucks, IMO.

RedandGold
09-06-2005, 05:43 PM
I imagine that the "feature" that everyone else is alluding to is the inbed "trunk", which I also think is pretty freaking cool, especially if it's waterproof and lockable. It's a great idea, and if you can add it in without sacrificing ground clearance, it should become standard on all trucks, IMO.

Waterproof and lockable as in capable of being loaded up with ice and beer? That sure could come in handy on Sunday's...

R&G
-wishes he had that feature on his Z-71

ChiefsFire
09-06-2005, 07:26 PM
is it 4wd??

4wd=four wheel drive

just in case ya didnt know what 4wd meant there qt

Count Zarth
09-06-2005, 07:28 PM
Why does a chick need a truck? You should be driving a geo or some shit.

ChiefsFire
09-06-2005, 07:29 PM
what the hell is a Neo Geo?

NaptownChief
09-06-2005, 07:30 PM
I'm considering one of these...not because it is "cute" but because of that trunk feature I can carry my golf clubs without having to throw them in the cab like all other trucks. $3 per gallon gas doesn't have me racing out to by a 4x4 at the moment however.

ChiefsFire
09-06-2005, 07:31 PM
i think its more darling than cute

hang some fuzzy balls from the mirror and shes all set

chief52
09-06-2005, 07:33 PM

I'll look for you next time I come down to S. R.

Saulbadguy
09-06-2005, 07:34 PM
16 MPG city.

Cochise
09-06-2005, 07:36 PM
Now you just need this:
http://www.nutsfortrucks.com/

dilligaf
09-06-2005, 07:36 PM
Actually its a minivan with a small bed. Its built on the Odyssey platform. That may tell you about the towing capability, or lack thereof.

KChiefsQT
09-06-2005, 07:52 PM
is it 4wd??

4wd=four wheel drive

just in case ya didnt know what 4wd meant there qt

Ohhh shut up!! Yes its a 4wd... I just tested that out. Works fine and dandy.

KChiefsQT
09-06-2005, 07:55 PM

Never drove a car in my life. I had a 4Runner and loved it... but I wanted a bed for my dog...he likes to ride in the wind :)

Skip Towne
09-06-2005, 08:07 PM
Are you a Valley girl?

KChiefsQT
09-06-2005, 08:32 PM
Are you a Valley girl?

Like, oh my god, no....
Are you?

jidar
09-06-2005, 08:33 PM
Cute? Beautiful? Now what in the hell?

You know, buying a truck in this day and age might not be the wisest thing anyway. I assume you bought it because you have a daily need to haul things...
Yeah right.
But hey, if you can afford it then it's all good right?

arrowheadnation
09-06-2005, 08:36 PM
Consumer Reports called the Ridgeline the #1 midsized pickup on the market today....ahead of the Chevy Colorado (last place), GMC Canyon, Nissan Frontier, etc. Nice ride man!

Fairplay
09-06-2005, 08:41 PM
What color is your new truck?

the Talking Can
09-06-2005, 08:43 PM

Saudi Arabia says "thanks"

KChiefsQT
09-06-2005, 08:43 PM
Cute? Beautiful? Now what in the hell?

You know, buying a truck in this day and age might not be the wisest thing anyway. I assume you bought it because you have a daily need to haul things...
Yeah right.
But hey, if you can afford it then it's all good right?

I do have a daily need to haul things.... my dog, soccer nets, balls, cones, flags, volleyballs.... and now I don't need to borrow a truck to go to the dumps, yard birds, garage sales, hunting and so on. I will put it to use don't you worry about that. And... the trunk in the bed will be full of ice and beer for September 18th!!!!!!!

KChiefsQT
09-06-2005, 08:44 PM
What color is your new truck?

same color as the picture... but it the sun it sparkles!!!!!!!!!!

Fairplay
09-06-2005, 08:51 PM
same color as the picture... but it the sun it sparkles!!!!!!!!!!

Heh, im not to good at my colors. Thats why i sorta asked you.
I think its a greenish-blue...maybe?

KChiefsQT
09-06-2005, 08:56 PM
Heh, im not to good at my colors. Thats why i sorta asked you.
I think its a greenish-blue...maybe?

Yeah... greenish blue sometimes looks almost gray.

Fairplay
09-06-2005, 08:59 PM
Yeah... greenish blue sometimes looks almost gray.

Thanks. Nice truck. I hope it serves you well over the years.
What did you have before?

ChiefsFire
09-06-2005, 09:17 PM
Ohhh shut up!! Yes its a 4wd... I just tested that out. Works fine and dandy.

whered ya test it??

the rough and rugged backroads of beverly hills?

unlurking
09-06-2005, 09:20 PM
whered ya test it??

hahaha

I was thinking mall speed bumps.

stevieray
09-06-2005, 09:23 PM
congrats on the new ride!

I think this truck was designed with women as the desired market.

Iowanian
09-06-2005, 09:32 PM
The words "truck" and "cute" should NEVER be used in the same sentence..........unless it revolves around a "cute" chic getting the uterus hammer over the tailgate

Count Zarth
09-06-2005, 09:34 PM
unless it revolves around a "cute" chic getting the uterus hammer over the tailgate

I say! You ruffian! What call is there for such tawdry language? Were you raised in a barn? For heavens sakes man, there are women around!

http://members.shaw.ca/moviesnob/Images/Monocle-man.gif

KChiefsQT
09-06-2005, 09:47 PM
whered ya test it??

Nope... wrong part of California buddy. I'm in Northern California... where there are MOUNTAINS.... see this is where I live... no big cities here:

http://www.wholeo.net/Trips/Wholeo/GlassDome/sitoExtension/images/2002scans/whHarmonyView1m.jpg

dilligaf
09-06-2005, 10:05 PM
Consumer Reports called the Ridgeline the #1 midsized pickup on the market today....ahead of the Chevy Colorado (last place), GMC Canyon, Nissan Frontier, etc. Nice ride man!
If your main use is to run kids to school and get groceries with the occasional trip to Home Depot, sure.
With that said it will have great reliability and resale.