PDA

View Full Version : Why this is so frustrating...

KC Jones
09-11-2000, 12:02 PM
After two games, I'm convinced we have enough talent to be a good football team. I actually think we're just a few roster spots shy of contending - RB, P, and K. Warfield may not be living up to expectations but I'm happier with him than Dishman, plus Dennis and Wesley look great out there. However, what talent we do have is wasted by our bumbling coaches. I think they're good at getting the team to play hard. They're good at getting a fast paced practice. They're good at getting out-coached on every given Sunday.

Why no pressure on O'Donnel? Why not try a pass in the red zone? Why not try a pass? Have I mentioned the need to pass against a run defense?

All I can say is, I hope Gun takes the defensive calls away from Kurt, and Elvis starts changing Rayes calls on every friggin play. As for ST, we could replace Stock but it won't matter until we get a P and K worth a damn.

------------------
1) Crush your enemies
2) See them driven before you
3) Hear the lamentation of the women

BigMeatballDave
09-11-2000, 12:12 PM
I don`t know whats up with Saurbrunn-he was among the best punters in Chicago last year.

TEX
09-11-2000, 12:31 PM
Jones,
I feel the same way. The Chiefs have enough talent to win, but not enough to overcome the coaching staff.

The_Grand_Illusion
09-11-2000, 02:19 PM
KC Jones,

I feel the same way about this team and that the talent is there. IMO we could easily be 2-0 at this point. I share that frustration. I've had customers coming in today that share that frustration as well. The sad part is that this is the type of football (smashmouth) this organization wants. Too bad we are going to waste another season because smashmouth is a dinosaur. There are positives out there and I will continue to look for them. It's getting harder and harder to see a positive outlook for this season though. Changing coaches at this point in the season does not bode well for the team but keeping them does not bode well either. It's frustration for us Chiefs fans times ten. Until this organization changes it's thinking from top to bottom, we are stuck with smashmouth. With Gun, it's stubborn smashmouth.

Dan

Hoping by some miracle that smashmouth starts working for us.