TQ82
09-06-2005, 05:02 PM
Per CNN

Rain Man
09-06-2005, 05:09 PM
That's sad.

RedDread
09-06-2005, 05:10 PM
If this is true it would almost ensure the Saints left New Orleans permanently.

If you have to build a new stadium from scratch that's (at the extreme minimum) 2 years. More than likely it'd be 4-5 between the cleanup, site prep, planning, and construction.

Welcome to your San Antonio/Los Angeles Saints.

Herzig
09-06-2005, 05:11 PM
That's sad.

That place was a dump.

Deberg_1990
09-06-2005, 05:13 PM
Welcome to your San Antonio/Los Angeles Saints.

More than likely LA Saints. For some reason, the NFL doesnt love San Antonio as am NFL site. Jerry Jones probably would hate it as well. I have a feeling the Alamodome will be the site of the Saints home games this year, but in the long run they will end up in LA.

DJay23
09-06-2005, 05:14 PM
What's more, it seemed to be one of the NFL's favorite Super Bowl sites. I wonder when the next one was scheduled for the Super Dome.

vailpass
09-06-2005, 05:19 PM
What's more, it seemed to be one of the NFL's favorite Super Bowl sites. I wonder when the next one was scheduled for the Super Dome.

IMHO the Dome was not what made it such a popular big-game site but New Orleans itself. NO is(was)set up for large scale tourist occasions with multiple hotel rooms, resaurants, bars, warm weather, the Quarter, etc.
The town was custom-made for Super Bowl crowds, Final Four crowds, etc.
Too damn bad it's wrecked,hope they build a bigger better one 50 miles inland on top of a big assed hill.

Katipan
09-06-2005, 05:23 PM
Dude.

Los Angeles Saints...

The Angel Saints

awesome

ArrowheadLouder
09-06-2005, 05:30 PM
It's too bad that building was the site for some incredible sports history. Alot of Super Bowls, A lot of Final Fours, Michael Jordan hitting the shot to beat Georgetown, The Sugar Bowl. And on and on.

Simplex3
09-06-2005, 05:38 PM
Of course it needs to be torn down, everyone knows that we're all about to give federal dollars to rebuild everything in NO.

Calcountry
09-06-2005, 05:38 PM
Dude.

Los Angeles Saints...

The Angel Saints

awesomeSeparation of church and state church and state, wwwwwaaaa hehehooo. Polly want a cracker, church and state church and state.

gblowfish
09-06-2005, 05:55 PM
Hey man, they have to tear it down. Who in their right minds would take a job cleaning the bathrooms in there?

leviw
09-06-2005, 06:00 PM
The Anaheim Saints of Los Angeles

Taco John
09-06-2005, 06:01 PM
I think it's likely that the city will be able to keep their "Saints" name in hopes of expansion, ala the Cleveland Browns.

chief99
09-06-2005, 06:03 PM
There's a two mile pile of shit inside it. Ofcourse they are going to blow it up. :)

RedDread
09-06-2005, 06:06 PM
Taco: Just have your sig show it once in slo-mo, I can't actually see what's going on there :rolleyes:

Katipan
09-06-2005, 06:19 PM
ahahahahaah

it makes me think of the macarena song

Herzig
09-06-2005, 06:22 PM
Hey man, they have to tear it down. Who in their right minds would take a job cleaning the bathrooms in there?

I voluteer Phobia.

stanleychief
09-06-2005, 06:32 PM
There's a two mile pile of shit inside it. Ofcourse they are going to blow it up. :)

I'm lost... are we talking about Invesco?

Phobia
09-06-2005, 06:35 PM
I voluteer Phobia.

Can I bring day laborers and a federal contract?

Calcountry
09-06-2005, 07:11 PM
Per CNNYep, its a real shitty place these days.

Braincase
09-06-2005, 07:59 PM
Heavy sigh.

chief99
09-06-2005, 08:12 PM
Saw some report saying that people were taking dumps right on some floors.

What a hell hole.

Deberg_1990
09-06-2005, 08:14 PM
Saw some report saying that people were taking dumps right on some floors.

What a hell hole.

Not their fault...what else were they supposed to do when the toliets and power are out???

Skip Towne
09-06-2005, 08:35 PM
I'm sure they will re-build NO. It is a natural for big time events. Where was it we won our only SB? I forget.

gblowfish
09-06-2005, 08:41 PM
I'm sure they will re-build NO. It is a natural for big time events. Where was it we won our only SB? I forget.Tulane Stadium. First SB played in NOLA.

Herzig
09-06-2005, 08:53 PM
Tulane Stadium. First SB played in NOLA.

Ding Ding Ding...we have a winner.....January 11th 1970...I was born almost one year from that date...Jan 8th 1971....hope they do it sometime in my lifetime.

Fairplay
09-06-2005, 08:56 PM
I toured the stadium 5 years ago. I wasn't too impressed. I thought it was ageing then. I always wondered how the hell it got so many Superbowls there.
In the south in January and known for a party city i surmised.

I hope they don't expect the Feds to rebuild the entire city.

Herzig
09-06-2005, 09:01 PM
I toured the stadium 5 years ago. I wasn't too impressed. I thought it was ageing then. I always wondered how the hell it got so many Superbowls there.

I hope they don't expect the Feds to rebuild the entire city.

What they should do since most of the French Quarter is undamaged..is build ajacent to the Quarter build inland on land above sea level if it's possible.

Calcountry
09-07-2005, 04:10 PM

I hope they don't expect the Feds to rebuild the entire city.Anything less would be racist.

Adept Havelock
09-07-2005, 04:12 PM
Shame about the Superdome. Lot of history there. That said, after a place has been subjected to such horrors, it's kind of difficult to see it being used as a recreational facility again.

Just another damn shame, in a long line of them.

MichaelH
09-07-2005, 04:14 PM
Right before the storm hit, they had an "expert" on FOX news saying the Superdome was designed to withstand much more than even a severe hurricane could dish out. My thought is this. Was the storm that big or was the place in need of being torn down anyway? Or better yet, should that "expert" need to retake his PE test? :)

Calcountry
09-07-2005, 04:53 PM
Shame about the Superdome. Lot of history there. That said, after a place has been subjected to such horrors, it's kind of difficult to see it being used as a recreational facility again.

Just another damn shame, in a long line of them.Its just one big ole pile of shit now.

Brock
09-07-2005, 04:59 PM
Not their fault...what else were they supposed to do when the toliets and power are out???

I assume after the hurricane, you'd go outside to do your business.

jAZ
09-07-2005, 05:03 PM
I think they should tear it down, let the "Saints" go. Save the $$ to be used to rebuild the dome on fixing just about everything else in the stadium.

The NFL should promise to help rebuild the Superdome in about 5 years (after the issues with the rest of the city are resolved). They should also keep the name "Saints" and the logo and award the city a new team in 2010 or whenever.

The Saints should move to LA and become the LA Wave" or something similarly Arena-Leaguish.

Bob Dole
09-07-2005, 05:09 PM
I have a feeling the Alamodome will be the site of the Saints home games this year, but in the long run they will end up in LA.

Probably, since the team prefers to play in Baton Rouge and their opinion apparently means squat to Fagliabue.

Hell, doesn't the east coast need another team? Just make them move there.

Brock
09-07-2005, 05:11 PM
Vegas, baby.

Deberg_1990
09-07-2005, 05:15 PM
Probably, since the team prefers to play in Baton Rouge and their opinion apparently means squat to Fagliabue.

Hell, doesn't the east coast need another team? Just make them move there.

Actually, it apprears now that San Antonio actually has a pretty decent shot at aquiring this team:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2154725

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/football/nfl/stories/MYSA090705.3C.FBNsaints.sanantonio.131c0622.html

Calcountry
09-07-2005, 05:17 PM
You know, I never thought the place was worth a shit in the first place.

gblowfish
09-07-2005, 06:06 PM
[QUOTE=jAZ
The Saints should move to LA and become the LA Wave" or something similarly Arena-Leaguish.[/QUOTE]How bout "LA Refugees?"

chief99
09-07-2005, 06:34 PM
You know, I never thought the place was worth a shit in the first place.

It's wall to wall packed with shit. That shit should be dropped on the levees to stop the flooding. :hmmm:

Calcountry
09-07-2005, 06:47 PM
It's wall to wall packed with shit. That shit should be dropped on the levees to stop the flooding. :hmmm:That would be the shit.

chief99
09-07-2005, 06:50 PM
The shit would stop the flooding shit.

Calcountry
09-07-2005, 06:50 PM
The shit would stop the flooding shit.It beats the shit out of me why Bush hasn't thought of it yet? :shrug:

Calcountry
09-07-2005, 07:11 PM
[QUOTE=jAZ
The Saints should move to LA and become the LA Wave" or something similarly Arena-Leaguish.How bout "LA Refugees?"[/QUOTE]Hey, stop shitting arround, this is a serious thread, and thats no shit.

chief99
09-08-2005, 01:34 AM
Lets hope they tear it down build some new shit.

That would be the shit !

StcChief
09-08-2005, 08:12 AM
If they are tearing it down. What about all the shacks under sewer/toxic water for 2-3 weeks

bringbackmarty
09-08-2005, 08:25 AM
It would be a lot cheaper to engineer a levee system that would actually protect against a category five and rebuild the badly eroded coastline with barrier islands to absorb hurricane damage, than it would be to rebuild the entire city, plus, you lose all that history if you move her. Also, people who work in the ports, gas terminals, rigs, and oil company offices have to commute AN HOUR OR MORE as it is to get to the gulf. You want to add more to that? If you abandon\move the city gas will go above $4. That in turn will trigger a recession. I seriously wish all the uninformed jackasses would quit with their lets build it upstream bullshit. You have a better chance of bringing peace and democracy to the entire middle east. People who express the opinion, that the city should be moved and rebuilt, and that federal dollars should not be used to accomplish this have their head so far up their asses that they can't even see shit anymore. It was the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (100 years of ****ing with the river which caused the erosion of la's coast, natural hurricane barrier), and our country and the worlds abuse of the environment (entirely too much use of fossil fuels which caused global warming = more hurricanes) coupled with a catastrophic lack of planning (city, state, and federal govts) and a negligent federal response (could have helped a lot more in the beginning) that caused this TRAGEDY nothing else. As far as thje superdome goes, they should tear it down, because it is more a symbol of despair than hope. We as a nation need to realize that there are more important things than football. THAT ****ING WITH THE ENVIRONMENT HAS CONSEQUENCES, and we need to treat the earth, and each other with more deference.