PDA

View Full Version : FFL trade proposition that I am mulling, your thoughts???

Valiant
09-06-2005, 08:59 PM
I am kinda semi weak at WR..

We start 3WR and 1WR/TE spot...

my guys are:

WR I. Bruce
WR Roy Williams
WR Lee Evans
WR/TE Charles Rogers

bench
Marcus Robinson
Reche Caldwell

A guy is willing to trade R. Moss because he needs a starting RB...

my offer is W. Dunn and Lee Evans for R. Moss and D. Boston
(boston is added just to make the trade even so he does not have to drop someone)

Is this trade good for me or should I stick with Lee Evans??? The way the league is set up top players get tons of points, RB are not always the top point getters... I am good/quick with FA pickups, and hoping I can find another RB, since I do not have a lot of depth...(this is a twelve man league)

My RB's are

RB W. Dunn
RB D. Mccallister

bench

Deshaun Foster
Duce Staley---who is hurt

Saul Good
09-06-2005, 09:05 PM
TRADE TRADE TRADE

ceebz
09-06-2005, 09:06 PM
Pull the trigger.

Miles
09-06-2005, 09:10 PM
If your scoring system favors top WRs then i would definitly do it. Its going to hurt your RB depth but its well worth dealing with. IMO S Davis wont last too long and foster will be starting anyways.

unlurking
09-06-2005, 09:11 PM
bench

Deshaun Foster
Duce Staley---who is hurt

I also saw that S.Davis will likely be starting at RB rather than Foster, so you are losing more RB depth. But yeah, I'd probably pull the trigger to for Moss.

KevB
09-06-2005, 09:13 PM
I'd be shocked if the other owner would do the deal. It hurts your RBs, but you have to pull the trigger if he's willing.

Rudy lost the toss
09-06-2005, 09:30 PM
Warrick Dunn? I thought you said starting RB?

Valiant
09-06-2005, 09:33 PM
Warrick Dunn? I thought you said starting RB?

He has been solid for a while, that and having twelve teams and my keeper being mccallister and also drafting dead last, most of the good to great backs were taken...

KCChiefsMan
09-06-2005, 09:35 PM
you have got to be kidding me? you're actually asking if you should do this?

"Should I stick with Lee Evans or get Randy Moss?"

you are totally jipping him so hell ya you should do it if he will!

Saul Good
09-06-2005, 09:39 PM
On my team, I'm considering trading Damon Huard, Freddie Mitchell, Jerry Rice and Maurice Clarett for Peyton Manning, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, and LaDanian Tomlinson. I just can't figure out if it would be in my best interest.

Iowanian
09-06-2005, 09:39 PM
your backs suck.

If the guy accepts the trade, he should get booted from your league. Your backs suck baows.

CosmicPal
09-06-2005, 09:54 PM
I wouldn't do it.

Your backs aren't strong enough at this point. Lee Evans and Roy Williams could both be steals this year. Caldwell and Robinson will be fine.

Sometimes, it's not what you're gaining that's important, but what you're losing- and in your case- a RB. When you take away from a RB corp that isn't strong enough to begin with- you lose even more. An even greater loss would be if Moss were to go down with an injury.

I'd pass on the trade. I think your WR corp is fine as it is- you need to get another RB.

Iowanian
09-06-2005, 10:00 PM
If you wouldn't do that...I wish you were in my money league.

Rausch
09-06-2005, 10:05 PM
McAlister and anyone will average out to solid RB production. Make the trade and end up with a stud RB and WR...

Valiant
09-06-2005, 10:09 PM
If you wouldn't do that...I wish you were in my money league.

No I am more worried about if my runningback scores will tail off that much by giving up Warrick... Duce is going to be out a while and Deshaun foster will split time with Davis from what I have read...

Valiant
09-06-2005, 10:11 PM
On my team, I'm considering trading Damon Huard, Freddie Mitchell, Jerry Rice and Maurice Clarett for Peyton Manning, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, and LaDanian Tomlinson. I just can't figure out if it would be in my best interest.

More worthless posts from you, did you actually look at my depth at running back? This is why I am asking extra advice about it...
I will only have McCallister as a solid back...

Valiant
09-06-2005, 10:13 PM
I wouldn't do it.

Your backs aren't strong enough at this point. Lee Evans and Roy Williams could both be steals this year. Caldwell and Robinson will be fine.

Sometimes, it's not what you're gaining that's important, but what you're losing- and in your case- a RB. When you take away from a RB corp that isn't strong enough to begin with- you lose even more. An even greater loss would be if Moss were to go down with an injury.

I'd pass on the trade. I think your WR corp is fine as it is- you need to get another RB.

This is the only reason why I am mulling over this trade, I need a for sure stud WR, but I will sacrifice my 2nd RB starter for it, and lee evans...

Iowanian
09-06-2005, 10:14 PM
I think your backs already are weaker than hell

Wilson
09-06-2005, 10:15 PM
I'd start Deshaun Foster over Dunn. Decent chance he may be the sleeper of the season.

Saul Good
09-06-2005, 11:47 PM
More worthless posts from you, did you actually look at my depth at running back? This is why I am asking extra advice about it...
I will only have McCallister as a solid back...

Worst case scenario you make the trade then trade Moss for a RB. You've got lousy FF RBs even if you don't make the trade. If you need to make a trade for a RB, Moss will get you a good one.

Logical
09-07-2005, 12:39 AM
1st W. Dunn is not likely to be a good FF player this year. So the trade is a winner right away. 2nd you go from having an average WR corp to a very good one immediately. Boston is garbage but you can dump him.

I would make that trade in a nanosecond.

huskerdooz
09-07-2005, 01:46 AM
Post some of the RB's on the WW and by all means do the deal. As someone said earlier, you can always turn Moss around to get a better RB than Dunn. I'd be surprised if this deal went through though.

KCChiefsMan
09-07-2005, 03:09 AM
I wouldn't do it.

are you serious? Dunn for Moss? if Dunn is your strongest back...they your screwed no matter what, but I guaruntee you can trade Moss for a top back

Valiant
09-07-2005, 03:43 PM
Well he accepted, no just have to wait two days to see if it gets vetoed by the other owners...