PDA

View Full Version : The Most Compelling TV Reports Fox News has ever seen...

memyselfI
09-06-2005, 10:10 PM
Here is the link to the finest moments of Shepherd Smith and Geraldo Rivera's careers. Unfortunately, shortly after this segment both of these men were removed from the scene and put back into the studio where they've reverted back to their cheerleading for the WH status.

But for one moment in time, they were telling the truth and it can never be taken back.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2005/09/02.html#a4763

FTR, MSNBC reported tonight that Geraldo's 'rescue' of an old woman took two takes...(according to doctors on the scene. ROFL )

Boozer
09-06-2005, 10:34 PM
I really want to laugh, especially at University of Arizona alum Geraldo (and man, does he go off...under different circumstances, I'd be wetting my pants laughing), but that is some depressing shit.

SBK
09-06-2005, 11:03 PM
I really want to laugh, especially at University of Arizona alum Geraldo (and man, does he go off...under different circumstances, I'd be wetting my pants laughing), but that is some depressing shit.

I thought the same thing.

Area 51
09-07-2005, 07:19 AM
Here is the link to the finest moments of Shepherd Smith and Geraldo Rivera's careers. Unfortunately, shortly after this segment both of these men were removed from the scene and put back into the studio where they've reverted back to their cheerleading for the WH status.

But for one moment in time, they were telling the truth and it can never be taken back.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2005/09/02.html#a4763

FTR, MSNBC reported tonight that Geraldo's 'rescue' of an old woman took two takes...(according to doctors on the scene. )

Your link doesn't work on my computer/system. Based on your past I'd guess it's something that might irritate the normal type person.

memyselfI
09-07-2005, 07:33 AM
Your link doesn't work on my computer/system. Based on your past I'd guess it's something that might irritate the normal type person.

Yeah, perhaps if someone like Hitler, heart of stone and all, is the norm. Other than that, it would make most folks feel quite sad.

Area 51
09-07-2005, 10:20 AM
Yeah, perhaps if someone like Hitler, heart of stone and all, is the norm. Other than that, it would make most folks feel quite sad.

Still don't know what you are referring to. your link will not work here.

BigRedChief
09-07-2005, 01:06 PM
I got it to work and it is very enlightening. News people just don't talk like that. Very unusual. Someone needs to pay for the slow response.

chief99
09-07-2005, 02:09 PM
Geraldo's career is on the downslide and he knows it.

Thats why the sensationalism.

Pitt Gorilla
09-07-2005, 02:15 PM

Smith was just incredibly honest. You could see it in his eyes. He refused to back down to O'Reilly and Hannity.

memyselfI
09-07-2005, 02:19 PM

Yeah, that is why he ended up on Fox. :p

All joking aside, you can question his sincerety all you want but no one can question Smith's. I cannot stand the guy (such an apologist for the WH) but he won me over, at least for that night when I was watching live, and I would be surprised to hear him apologizing for them anymore.

Chief Henry
09-07-2005, 03:00 PM
Would some one that hates the president please tell me why the New Orleans Mayor did not have the
Cities metro buses and the school buses go out and
pickup the poor people that did not have cars or transportation BEFORE Katrina hit?

Why did the MAYOR OF NEW ORLEANS NOT
Utilize those buses? SO much of what Shepperd Smith and Geraldo were reporting on could have been avoided if those buses were put into use like the New Orleans disaster plan called for.

Come Bush haters, step up to the plate and answer just one direct question like this.

Area 51
09-07-2005, 04:00 PM
Would some one that hates the president please tell me why the New Orleans Mayor did not have the
pickup the poor people that did not have cars or transportation BEFORE Katrina hit?

Utilize those buses? SO much of what Shepperd Smith and Geraldo were reporting on could have been avoided if those buses were put into use like the New Orleans disaster plan called for.

Come Bush haters, step up to the plate and answer just one direct question like this.

You see Henry, it can't be the fault of the Mayor, he isn't the president and everyone knows that George is always wrong, just ask memyselfi.

Adept Havelock
09-07-2005, 04:10 PM
Can a Bush Lover please explain to me how the collapse of relief efforts at all levels (local, state, and federal) is everyones fault EXCEPT Bush??

The Mayor needs to answer some really tough questions.

So does the man who put political hacks with no experience in the top three positions of FEMA.

Come Bush lovers, step up to the plate and answer just one direct question like this.

Chief Henry
09-07-2005, 04:25 PM
Can a Bush Lover please explain to me how the collapse of relief efforts at all levels (local, state, and federal) is everyones fault EXCEPT Bush??

The Mayor needs to answer some really tough questions.

So does the man who put political hacks with no experience in the top three positions of FEMA.

Come Bush lovers, step up to the plate and answer just one direct question like this.
ROFL

I knew we couldn't get a direct answer from LWNJ lambs .

MOST of those people that were stuck on the bridge or in the
Convention Center should have been out of New Orleans by the Public Transit Metro Buses. Thats the cause of the problem.

President Bush should have been tougher with the Govenor and had her make up her mind on what she wanted done. She asked for 24 hours
when the troops were ready to come in.

Thank GOD FEMA didn't send in troops into the CITY BEFORE Katrina hit.
THank God FEMA didn't send in the trucks with supplies Before Katrina hit. Can you imagine the fiasco you would have been crying about should the troops or the FEMA aid workers been stranded or worse yet if they would have been Killed by the flood waters and not able to get into the city to help clear out the stranded residents of New Orleans.

President Bush declared it a state of emergency BEFORE Katrina hit.
Fema had trucks and supplies waiting, thank GOD they had the BRAINS to not send them into the city BEFORE Katrina hit.

What about the dam levee's. They should have been FIXED DECADES AGO. New Orleans and Louisiana and the ARMY Corps of engineers should have had those levee's in ship shape DECADES ago, because New Orleans was almost taken out back in the late 20's. For you
libs that can't count, thats 80 FRICKEN YEARS. They new about the
problem but yet only had ONE levee around the city, thats disgraceful.

Adept Havelock
09-07-2005, 04:45 PM
Ummm...
1) If you bothered to look before you fired, you might have noticed that I've been criticizing all levels of Govt. in the debacle. You seem to be the only one that has already decided who is blameless.

2) If you consider ME a LWNJ, than it's even clearer you don't have a clue what you are talking about, at least as far as my political views.

3) As far as "no straight answer"...I believe I stated the Mayor and locals had a number of tough questions to answer. Not straight enough for you?

Furthermore, Your timeline is in error:

The Declaration of Emergency was made on 8/26 by the state governor, at least according to the offical state document: Proclamation No. 48 KBB 2005
here's a link.
http://www.gov.state.la.us/Press_Release_detail.asp?id=973

Secondly, here's a link to a DOD transcript debunking the idea that LA didn't ask for help before 8/28. Note the passage that begins:

GEN. HONORÉ: Yes, sir. The process starts, sir, in this particular event, with a request Friday of last week, as the approximate date for defense coordinating offices to be established in Florida, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana. Those were established in those states over Friday and Saturday.

http://www.dod.gov/transcripts/2005/tr20050901-3843.html

Now, I'm still waiting for, as you so eloquently put it, a "straight response" to why this is everyone elses fault except for the man who sits in the office, where I was raised to believe "The Buck Stops Here". Then again, Bush is a far cry from the great leader Harry Truman was.

A word of advice. Never bring a collection of soundbites to a real debate.

Keep trying though. It's Bush's advice after all:

“See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda.” —George W. Bush, May 24, 2005

Pitt Gorilla
09-07-2005, 04:50 PM
Wow, Chief Henry just got owned.

Adept Havelock
09-07-2005, 04:54 PM

Thanks Pitt. I've always enjoyed refuting soundbites with facts and links. They are usually much more persuasive, in my experience.

jspchief
09-07-2005, 05:13 PM
I watched that Geraldo piece live the other night. I honestly think he was faking. You can't really tell from that internet video, because the quality is so lousy, but it came off as completely phony to me.

Boozer
09-07-2005, 05:18 PM

Saulbadguy
09-07-2005, 05:27 PM
Wow.

Chief Henry
09-07-2005, 06:29 PM
Ummm...
1) If you bothered to look before you fired, you might have noticed that I've been criticizing all levels of Govt. in the debacle. You seem to be the only one that has already decided who is blameless.

I have not seen any media people or LWNJ getting in the face of the N'ahlens Mayor or Govenor like they're bashing Presient Bush.

2) If you consider ME a LWNJ, than it's even clearer you don't have a clue what you are talking about, at least as far as my political views.

I could give a rats azz about your political views. It really doesn't mean a hill of beans to me.

3) As far as "no straight answer"...I believe I stated the Mayor and locals had a number of tough questions to answer. Not straight enough for you?

Thats really given it to the mayor. I bet he's shaking at the tough questions he's been getting from the media. No media rep is getting in his grill about Not using the buses and he's the one that screwed up and could have prevented the MOST of those problems by having the poor be evacuated. No one in the media is grilling him and ripping him like they are President Bush.

Furthermore, Your timeline is in error:

The Declaration of Emergency was made on 8/26 by the state governor, at least according to the offical state document: Proclamation No. 48 KBB 2005
here's a link.
http://www.gov.state.la.us/Press_Release_detail.asp?id=973

President Bush did declare a state of emergency or he declared it was a disaster area BEFORE Katrina hit.

Secondly, here's a link to a DOD transcript debunking the idea that LA didn't ask for help before 8/28. Note the passage that begins:

GEN. HONORÉ: Yes, sir. The process starts, sir, in this particular event, with a request Friday of last week, as the approximate date for defense coordinating offices to be established in Florida, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana. Those were established in those states over Friday and Saturday.

Why did she ask for ANOTHER 24 hours then?

Hell yes the National guard trucks could have and should have gotten to those people at the C. Center before friday night. They could have gotten there thursday night if the GOvenor didn't ask for another 24 hours.... {if I got my timelines correct}. I didn't watch alot of the news over LAbor Day weekend.

Who told those people to go to the C.Center. was it President Bush.
WWas it President Bush's fault that New Orleans had the Super Dome and C.Center listed as a shelters but their was no emergency food or water at either of those spots. wtf is up with that? You would have thought that the state of readiness in New Orleans would have had emergency food and water already at those place for such an emergency. After all they new something like this was going to happen EVENTUALLY. Why didn't the MAYOR or Govenor get on a CHOPPER and deliver the
emergency supplies to those people. Shirley the Mayor has a staff and the Govenor has a staff thats capable of sitting in a chopper to lead the troops to the C.Center.

http://www.dod.gov/transcripts/2005/tr20050901-3843.html

Now, I'm still waiting for, as you so eloquently put it, a "straight response" to why this is everyone elses fault except for the man who sits in the office, where I was raised to believe "The Buck Stops Here". Then again, Bush is a far cry from the great leader Harry Truman was.

President Bush's biggest problem was that he was listening to the Mayor and the Governor when he should have jsut used his instincts to react to the problem. President Bush has faced more difficult decisions head on in his presidency than you can shake a stick at...

A word of advice. Never bring a collection of soundbites to a real debate.

A word of advice, to you. Don't think that you can come on here berating our President like so many other LWNJ and not have some one call you on it. Keep trying though. It's Bush's advice after all:Your humble opin is about as useful to me as my is to yours. Your opins on this subject match all the other LWNJ on this board, so I lump you in with them.

“See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda.” —George W. Bush, May 24, 2005

Over and over again we hear the same BS from LWNJ lambs and from the national media. Its amazing how this past week it only took about a day and a half before the same play book bashing started coming around. Its the dems and the Michael Moore rams that keep
repeating the same liberal nonsense over and over again.

Could President Bush acted faster, sooner, probubbly. How do you like those apples? But all the major MEDIA's and LWNJ are stating that is HIS fault and his alone and the American public knows better. IE: the
ultra conservative CNNUSATODAYGALLUP poll has just 13% of people stating its President Bush's fault. After darn near a week of Bush Bashing, just 13 % say its President Bush's fault. That is one of the funniest things I've read in several weeks. The news media failed to convince people it was President Bush fault. Sounds like the old Dan Rather sindrome? The American People are much more in tune with the real problems in New Orleans than the leftist wing nuts that LOATHE President Bush.

Sorry Pitt Gorilla, Chief Henry was not owned. The New Orleans Mayor
is the one that is going to get owned by the poor black people that he never sent buses out to evacuate.

Adept Havelock
09-07-2005, 06:38 PM
Over and over again President Bush.......never sent buses out to evacuate.

Hmm. So, your problem seems to be:

1)The media isn't asking the questions you want them to ask. This is my fault how?

2) Obviously, my political views do concern you, or you wouldn't be trying to hard to misportray me as a LWNJ just because I question your Dear Leader, as well as the others in leadership at the state and local levels.

3) I provide thoughtful analysis, and links to substantiate my statements. You bring nothing but invective and soundbites. As I said, I'm looking at all levels for culpability. You are the only one who has already decided who is innocent or guilty. Me, I was raised that the man at the top of the pyramid is just as culpable as those under him. It's called "accountability". Look it up.

And that my friend, is how you were "owned".

It's Sad, really. Chief Henry seems to under the mistaken illusion that all the problems in NOLA would go away if we just agree that the mayor is the antichrist (and he certainly is someone who needs to be investigated), and if we would all just keep clapping louder, so Tinkerbell Bush won't die.

I'm fairly certain I'm never going to get a straight answer from you as to how this is everyone except Bush's fault. Most wingnuts in my experience don't bother with a rational response when their ideological preconceptions are challenged. They just respond as you have.

I should, and do thank you, though. I now know to consider you a mere ideologue, and thus will view any future posts with a very skeptical eye.

Have a lovely evening.

Saulbadguy
09-07-2005, 07:00 PM
words words words
OMG! Great POST! REP!!!! :IA:

Mosbonian
09-07-2005, 07:23 PM
Adept.....

Since GB is our CIC, POTUS, he should be held accountable for the lack of coordinated effort that probably cost many lives. But, I would like to read the list of questions you would bounce off both the Governor of LA and the Mayor of N.O. as to their culpability....lack of preparation for a known possible tragedy....

And at what point do you hold accountable those who were capable of leaving but chose not to because they saw an opportunity for looting...

There are many who could not leave...and someone is accountable for those people, but it is not just one man.

mmaddog

Adept Havelock
09-07-2005, 08:10 PM
There are many who could not leave...and someone is accountable for those people, but it is not just one man.

mmaddog

Which has been my point from the beginning. I believe I've stated several times in this and other threads there needs to be a hard look at those who failed on ALL levels. I have no idea where this meme that I'm only after Bush is coming from, unless you all are just so used to ideologues in here that a centrist perspective catches people unawares.

I just said in another thread, I don't get those that say it's all Bush's fault anymore than I can understand those that believe (like Chief Henry) that Bush is blameless.

As far as I'm concerned:

The Mayor should be investigated for Incompetence concerning Buses and Evacuation, and the lack of emergency supplies of food/water/meds. at disaster shelters.

The Gov. for any delays in coordination with the feds, and the other topics I mentioned above.

FEMA/DHS for the multi-day delays in getting supplies to NO when the press could drive in.

The Pres. for appointing 3 political hacks with no disaster relief experience and limited experience as administrative executives to run the nations premiere disaster relief organization. Cronyism kills. Cronyism may also be an issue at the Local/State issue. That will need to be looked into.

These investagations should not be limited to LA. The other areas have also had their share of problems with disaster relief, be they local, state or federal.

-Those caught looting should be prosecuted to the extent of the law, provided they were not already shot on sight.

IMO, those idiots that are saying it's all Bush's fault are no different from those idiots saying it couldn't possibly be Bush's fault.

I understand where both are coming from. The Moonbats smell blood in the water, and the Wingnuts are desperate to circle the wagons with Bush's job approval already in the low 40's.

Both still stink to high heaven.

I've been dealing with one of the latter in this thread.

Logical
09-07-2005, 08:15 PM

Come Bush haters, step up to the plate and answer just one direct question like this.IN all honesty and this has nothing to do with Bush, I would not be suprised if the bus drivers were among the first to evacuate themselves and their families. Driving a bus is not all that simple if you have no experience at it, or heavy truck, semi etc. I really wonder if it was that sort of f*ck up.

Chief Henry
09-07-2005, 08:19 PM
[QUOTE=Adept Havelock]Hmm. So, your problem seems to be:

1)The media isn't asking the questions you want them to ask. This is my fault how?

Its not your fault the media spins against the President. Its not anyones fault on this board the media spins against the president
We're use to it any way......Next...........[B]

2) Obviously, my political views do concern you, or you wouldn't be trying to hard to misportray me as a LWNJ just because I question your Dear Leader, as well as the others in leadership at the state and local levels.

[B]Your political views are of no concern, really I just call a spade a spade with out going through alot of mish mash gobbledigook to get to the subject at hand. It pretty easy to read most of you, really.
I make decisons pretty fast on people. MOST of the time I'm dead on.
I've made a great iving out of reading people for the last 20 plus years of my career. My gut instincts are usually correct. I'll trust my instincts on this one two. Don't be afraid to call your self a lib or an independant with liberal leanings. YOu have to stand for something[B]

3) I provide thoughtful analysis, and links to substantiate my statements. You bring nothing but invective and soundbites. As I said, I'm looking at all levels for culpability. You are the only one who has already decided who is innocent or guilty. Me, I was raised that the man at the top of the pyramid is just as culpable as those under him. It's called "accountability". Look it up.

And that my friend, is how you were "owned". [B]In your dreams son. Just because you say it, doesn't make it absolute. What you call thoughtfull analysis is nothing more than an opinion, Look that word up.

It's Sad, really. Chief Henry seems to under the mistaken illusion that all the problems in NOLA would go away if we just agree that the mayor is the antichrist (and he certainly is someone who needs to be investigated), and if we would all just keep clapping louder, so Tinkerbell Bush won't die.

Its OK to admit that your a liberal democrat. We won't laught at you. The illusion is the news media faking there concern about the people of N'ahlens. The actual SADDEST about this whole Katrina thing is that the MAYOR of New Orleans had the power to evacuate the poor
that had NO FORMS OF TRANSPORTATION and did not follow out the preset plan of utilizing the metro buses while the rest of New Orleans skipped town and saved their skin. :shake:

I'm fairly certain I'm never going to get a straight answer from you as to how this is everyone except Bush's fault. Most wingnuts in my experience don't bother with a rational response when their ideological preconceptions are challenged. They just respond as you have.

I've shot straight with you from the first sentance. Its you that has a problem with people questioning your absolute loathing of the president no mater what he does. Heck I'm disgusted with him on several items. Spending tax $$$ like a drunken sailor, Covering our borders, the education bill that Ted Kennedy wrote, how about that stinking medicare prescription drug benefit, thats going to take some serious jack to cover that bill $$$. You see, I do have issues with the president. I'm not afraid to call a spade a spade even in these tough time after Katrina. I'm not towing the party line

I should, and do thank you, though. I now know to consider you a mere ideologue, and thus will view any future posts with a very skeptical eye.

Your welcome and right back at you sir. You have a good evening yourself and all be as skeptical of your future post coming in from LEFT field. C'mon its OK to admit your ideologe leanings here. Don't be afraid to admit what you beleave in?

Mosbonian
09-07-2005, 08:27 PM
Which has been my point from the beginning. I believe I've stated several times in this and other threads there needs to be a hard look at those who failed on ALL levels. I have no idea where this meme that I'm only after Bush is coming from, unless you all are just so used to ideologues in here that a centrist perspective catches people unawares.

I just said in another thread, I don't get those that say it's all Bush's fault anymore than I can understand those that believe (like Chief Henry) that Bush is blameless.

As far as I'm concerned:

The Mayor should be investigated for Incompetence concerning Buses and Evacuation, and the lack of emergency supplies of food/water/meds. at disaster shelters.

The Gov. for any delays in coordination with the feds, and the other topics I mentioned above.

FEMA/DHS for the multi-day delays in getting supplies to NO when the press could drive in.

The Pres. for appointing 3 political hacks with no disaster relief experience and limited experience as administrative executives to run the nations premiere disaster relief organization. Cronyism kills. Cronyism may also be an issue at the Local/State issue. That will need to be looked into.

These investagations should not be limited to LA. The other areas have also had their share of problems with disaster relief, be they local, state or federal.

-Those caught looting should be prosecuted to the extent of the law, provided they were not already shot on sight.

IMO, those idiots that are saying it's all Bush's fault are no different from those idiots saying it couldn't possibly be Bush's fault.

I understand where both are coming from. The Moonbats smell blood in the water, and the Wingnuts are desperate to circle the wagons with Bush's job approval already in the low 40's.

I've been dealing with one of the latter in this thread.

Thank you for your response...I have not taken the time to read all of your posts, so my response was not meant to be anything more than an honest question. I hope it came across that way...

mmaddog

dirk digler
09-07-2005, 08:28 PM
As far as I'm concerned:

Totally agree. Great post. Rep ROFL

No seriously everyone from the local, state, and federal government failed in this. The only people that actually did a great job were the rescue workers, Coast Guard, and the American people who have donated over $200 million dollars.

Of course Chief Henry and Duck Dog will call 90% of the population of the US stupid for making donations but what do you expect from them two.

Adept Havelock
09-07-2005, 08:29 PM
Words....words...

Aha! Now I understand. You are confused because you can't simply pigeonhole me as a Conservative or a Liberal. I'm not surprised, as my political beliefs are a bit more subtle than that. Many would actually consider me closer to a Libertarian viewpoint with a strong Jeffersonian influence, at least according the political scholars I've known in past years.

Your brain might explode to realize that for years I've usually voted to keep a balance going in Govt., as I figure if they are screwing over each other, they are too busy to screw us. Something along the lines of a House Divided is too preoccupied to mess up the country, or highjack it to a right or left wing agenda.)

That said, your continued insistance that I'm of the political Left simply because I think Bush is as culpable (for reasons cited above) as the Gov., Mayor. and head of DHS/FEMA, shows you can't imagine someone who is more interested in dealing with fixing the problems that led to the death of thousands of Americans, than protecting "their" guy in the political game. As you so clearly, and misguidedly, are.

Of course, that should have been obvious to me with your rant about "not being able to cope with those who question my absolute loathing of Bush". I've got issues with the man, but he is not the "Debil". He's simply acting as the Debil's enabler.

If you can find one post I've made to substantiate your LWNJ allegation....well I won't hold my breath.

Adept Havelock
09-07-2005, 08:30 PM
Thank you for your response...I have not taken the time to read all of your posts, so my response was not meant to be anything more than an honest question. I hope it came across that way...

mmaddog

As the kids say...It's all good.

:Pimp:

dirk digler
09-07-2005, 08:32 PM
Blah, blah, blah

Great post! Rep! ROFL

Well actually no rep since you misspelled half of your post. Honestly if you want to be taken seriously you might try to take a 1st grade spelling course.

Chief Henry
09-07-2005, 09:08 PM

Of course Chief Henry and Duck Dog will call 90% of the population of the US stupid for making donations but what do you expect from them two.

Dirk, when did i ever say people were stupid for making donations?
YOu won't find it on this board or any where else.

dirk digler
09-07-2005, 09:14 PM
Dirk, when did i ever say people were stupid for making donations?
YOu won't find it on this board or any where else.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=122984&page=3&pp=15

You piled on Jaz for donating.

BTW I am not the only one in the last couple of days that have called you on it. Zach being one.

If you want to clarify your position go for it.

Chief Henry
09-07-2005, 09:15 PM

As far as I'm concerned:

Actually I can agree {with} most of this statement very easily .
Tough questions do need to be asked to EVERYONE, Its just that the only tough questions are being directed at President Bush by the media while the Mayor and Govenor appear to be getting off scott free....

Adept Havelock
09-07-2005, 09:17 PM
In all fairness to Chief Henry, I believe he was stating that jAZ was (in Henry's opinion) being foolish for sending a donation that was, according to jAZ, a burdensome one.

As obtuse as he's been on other issues, I simply don't believe he was berating someone for being charitable.

dirk digler
09-07-2005, 09:18 PM
In all fairness to Chief Henry, I believe he was stating that jAZ was (in Henry's opinion) being foolish for sending a donation that was, according to jAS, a burdensome one.

As obtuse as he's been on other issues, I simply don't believe he was berating someone for being charitable.

Then he needs to clarify it he offended a great many people here.

Adept Havelock
09-07-2005, 09:21 PM
the only tough questions are being directed at President Bush by the media while the Mayor and Govenor appear to be getting off scott free....

And that, as you informed me, is your opinion.

Seems Everyone, including Bush has largely gotten a free ride from the press on this one so far IMO, judging by Fox/CNN, but that's broadcast media for you. The print press is usually a bit better, but only if you read a multitude of newspapers to get the whole story, not just the LW or RW spin.- Of course, I remember the joy from long ago when we had a true LW/RW Adversarial press, as opposed to the bland corporate lapdogs we have today.

I also see too many people pretending that seeing the president as responsible as well is just playing politics. I understand it though. After all, if my guy had a pop. rating in the low 40's before the debacle I'd be nervous as hell too.

Chief Henry
09-07-2005, 09:22 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=122984&page=3&pp=15

You piled on Jaz for donating.

BTW I am not the only one in the last couple of days that have called you on it. Zach being one.

If you want to clarify your position go for it.

That was a general statement directed at libs in general because they like to brag about "do gooding" what ever the cause is. Hell, my wife and I just sent several box's of grocery items down in one of the two trucks that left our area of Iowa. I didn't go bragging about it on here when we did. But if it makes you feel better that I post something about what we did, then here it is.

I hope like hell most people donate to this cause. I just don't
feel the need to go bragging about it. :harumph:

dirk digler
09-07-2005, 09:29 PM
That was a general statement directed at libs in general because they like to brag about "do gooding" what ever the cause is. Hell, my wife and I just sent several box's of grocery items down in one of the two trucks that left our area of Iowa. I didn't go bragging about it on here when we did. But if it makes you feel better that I post something about what we did, then here it is.

feel the need to go bragging about it. :harumph:

I am cool with that and thanks for clarifying. :thumb:

BTW this shouldn't have to be about libs or cons, this is an American problem and I think people need to figure that out instead of all of this constant bashing back and forth.

Adept Havelock
09-07-2005, 09:33 PM

BTW this shouldn't have to be about libs or cons, this is an American problem and I think people need to figure that out instead of all of this constant bashing back and forth.

Ding! Give that man a Kewpie Doll! We have a winner!

Chief Henry
09-07-2005, 09:35 PM

I can live that. The problem is great and problems need to be solved.

Pitt Gorilla
09-07-2005, 09:58 PM

feel the need to go bragging about it. :harumph:If you'd set aside your "us vs. them" attitude for five seconds, you'd realize that Jaz wasn't bragging.