PDA

View Full Version : Congrats: Bush Named Big 12 Player of the Week (KU Soccer)

|Zach|
09-07-2005, 07:07 AM
This is a high school friend. This girl is talented as shit and cool as shit. She deserves everything that comes to her. My friends and I went to a lot of the HS soccer games because we were friends with all the girls. Jessica dominated the whole state from her very first year and never looked back. It was pretty normal for her to draw 3 defenders...always finding a way to put it in the goal. It seems she is making her mark as a freshman in college as well. Good to see...

Sept. 6, 2005

LAWRENCE, Kan. -

University of Kansas freshman soccer player Jessica Bush was named the Big 12 Player of the Week as announced by the league office on Tuesday. The Blue Springs, Mo., native scored both game-winning goals to help lead the Jayhawks to victories over Missouri State and Arkansas last week.

The forwards first half goal Wednesday against Missouri State was all KU needed in a 2-0 win against the Bears. Bush then scored the game's only goal in KU's 1-0 victory against the Lady Razorbacks on Friday. Five of Bush's seven shots in the two matches were on goal.

The Jayhawks will travel to San Diego, Calif., this weekend for their first road test of the season. Because Tulane University is unable to make the trip to the adidas/Torero's Invitational, KU's Sunday game against the University of San Diego has been moved to Friday at 9:30 p.m. central time. KU will then play Pepperdine at 2 p.m. central on Sunday, Sept. 11.

http://kuathletics.collegesports.com/sports/w-soccer/spec-rel/090605aad.html

Saulbadguy
09-07-2005, 07:11 AM
UNC played CU here last a couple weekends ago. UNC is a womens soccer dynasty. Kind of like UCLA back in the day in College b-ball. I think they've won 9 of the last 10 national titles or something like that.

Congrats to your friend.

|Zach|
09-07-2005, 07:12 AM
UNC played CU here last a couple weekends ago. UNC is a womens soccer dynasty. Kind of like UCLA back in the day in College b-ball. I think they've won 9 of the last 10 national titles or something like that.

Congrats to your friend.
I remember she could have gone a lot of places for college. Best player in the state of MO 4 years running. She didn't want to go crayz far away. She nailed it down to KU and Purdue...I tried to convince her to be a Boilermaker. Ha.

Even though she is a Jayhawk I wish her the best. I need to make it to Lawrence to visit some friends.

penguinz
09-07-2005, 08:40 AM
What club team did she play on?

Dartgod
09-07-2005, 08:41 AM
Does she like black people?

Demonpenz
09-07-2005, 08:44 AM
You think she will go out with me?

Phobia
09-07-2005, 08:55 AM
Does she like black people?

Damn, you're funny. Funnier than Demonpenz, anyway.

jspchief
09-07-2005, 08:56 AM
Soccer ceases to exist during football season.