PDA

View Full Version : FF Keeper League question

KevB
09-07-2005, 08:51 AM
I'm in a league where we're allowed to keep up to 6 players (they count as your first 6 rounds of picks in the draft). We're also allowed to put 2 players on "IR" before the season and they count as your 17th and 18th round picks next year if you decide to keep them. But, you're not allowed to use them this year while they're on IR.

This year, I kept Randy Moss, and had McGahee coming off IR (so he counted as my 18th round pick). I threw back Curtis Martin and Donald Driver to get earlier picks in the draft and get younger. Here's what I came out with:

QB: Brooks, McNair
RB: McGahee, Cadillac, LaMont Jordan, Benson, Henry, Suggs
WR: R. Moss, Chambers, Evans, S. Moss, Givens, Ronald Curry, Braylon Edwards, Matt Jones

We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 4WR

I've decided to put Benson in IR, but I'm really struggling with the other IR spot. I had planned on getting Matt Jones and putting him on IR, but then Braylon Edwards fell into my lap. Braylon is probably a bit more valuable on IR than Jones, but Braylon could give me help this season while Jones is probably worthless.

Any thoughts?

Mile High Mania
09-07-2005, 09:06 AM
That whole IR method is an interesting way to do your league.

I like your RBs, but your only guy that has played 16 games is Henry and he's in a RBBC situation right now. You have huge upside though with Williams and Jordan.

I think Matt Jones is going to do well early and then sorta fizzle once teams start to figure him out. And, I think just the opposite for Edwards.

You have 8 WRs and start 4... I would be fearful of having to rely each week on guys like S Moss, Givens and Curry - I just don't see the consistency with those 3. I think Evans can do really well, but I'm not sure how much they'll struggle with first year starter Losman.

If you have to stick one on IR... I might go with Jones. It's a tough call. Dilfer could develop a good bond with Edwards and he is going to be their top dog, while Jones is staring at the #3 spot and will likely not jump ahead of the guys in front of him.

KevB
09-07-2005, 10:52 AM
In reality, this year's team probably won't compete for a title. I won the league 2 years ago and came in second last year, but it was a bit of smoke and mirrors. I needed to take a season to get younger and build for next season, while not completely writing this season off.

I think with Willis, Jordan, Caddy and Henry (and Benson on IR), I'll be good to very good at RB now and into the future. QB is weak for me, but hopefully I'll be able to play matchups. WR was thin from the outset, as almost all of the top 20 to 25 were kept. Chambers and Evans were about as good as it got without taking the older WRs like Jimmy Smith or Ike Bruce. The back end of my WR corp will be a work in progress all season. Best case scenario is Henry or Suggs start producing and become every down backs....then trade him for a WR.

I'm leaning to putting Jones on my IR, but getting a guy like Braylon next season as my 17th round pick is awfully tempting.