PDA

View Full Version : NFL Network

jspchief
09-07-2005, 10:58 AM
Does anyone else think the shows like Total Access are complete crap?

You'd think an entity like the NFL would be able to produce television shows better than the local high school on public access.

Their ad lib dialogue and unscripted interviews are just painful to watch. Can someone please tell Rich Eisen that he isn't funny. I swear they'd be better off just letting players anchor those shows.

Lzen
09-07-2005, 11:08 AM
I just noticed a couple days ago that my Dish Network has NFL Network now. Don't think I've watched that show yet. But I did watch some show the other day with Terrell Davis and some other guy that was alright. I'm just so happy to finally have NFL Network. :)

MichaelH
09-07-2005, 11:09 AM
Maybe they're trying to compete with ESPN. :hmmm:

Chest Rockwell
I agree completely. I just got DTV about 3 weeks ago, but have been thinking that the only thing NFL network has been good for are the replays of preseason games I can't get here. Even that is marginally worthless when they edit out 20 minutes of the second half and leave in most of the pregame and halftime claptrap from the biased team announce crew.

Hoover
I'll never understand the NFL Network

The should have a 1 hour show on each team every week. It would be like watching C-Span, you can watch all the teams press conferences, re brodcast last weeks games, have someone break down the game. ect.

philfree
09-07-2005, 11:10 AM
It's better then what we had before but it does need some improvement.

PhilFree:arrow:

Lzen
09-07-2005, 11:14 AM
It's better then what we had before but it does need some improvement.

PhilFree:arrow:

And I think it will improve over time. Remember guys, this network is still in its infancy. ;)

Chest Rockwell
09-07-2005, 11:18 AM
And I think it will improve over time. Remember guys, this network is still in its infancy. ;)

Hopefully the studio shows will get better...I'm still a little worried about a network owned by the NFL that decides to edit out 20 minutes of gameplay but leaves in Mark Schlereth waxing Bradlee Van Pelt's car during pregame and halftime. I honestly wondered if they were gonna cover MS giving BVP the locker room blowjob that was so obviously gonna happen post game.

I'm just sayin' you'd think they'd edit the meaningless commentary rather than actual gameplay.

Then again, maybe I expect too much.

Skip Towne
09-07-2005, 11:18 AM
I just noticed a couple days ago that my Dish Network has NFL Network now. Don't think I've watched that show yet. But I did watch some show the other day with Terrell Davis and some other guy that was alright. I'm just so happy to finally have NFL Network. :)
You would have had it a year ago with Directv. You're a looser!

Chiefs Pantalones
09-07-2005, 11:40 AM
I like it, actually.

I like the ad-libbing, I think a show like that is worse when scripted.

Brock
09-07-2005, 11:42 AM
I finally have that channel available to me, but I don't see why I should spend 10 bucks per month on it. Doesn't look interesting at all.

Wile_E_Coyote
09-07-2005, 11:43 AM
is Eisen trying to be funny or is he a prick

Phobia
09-07-2005, 12:06 PM
is Eisen trying to be funny or is he a prick

Are the two mutually exclusive?

Wile_E_Coyote
09-07-2005, 12:08 PM
Are the two mutually exclusive?

okay, I should have just said it, I think he's a prick

Skip Towne
09-07-2005, 12:09 PM
I finally have that channel available to me, but I don't see why I should spend 10 bucks per month on it. Doesn't look interesting at all.
It's in the basic package with Directv. No extra charge.

Bob Dole
09-07-2005, 12:10 PM
The NFL Network is over rated.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-07-2005, 12:10 PM
You know, DTV may not be much, but it gets you through the offseason.

jspchief
09-07-2005, 12:17 PM
I like it, actually.

I like the ad-libbing, I think a show like that is worse when scripted.I just can't stand listening to Eisen stutter and stammer his way through some lame attempt at humor. The worst is when he's interviewing guys, trying to pal around. It's just bad TV.

Other than that though, the channel is a life saver. I could pretty much watch NFL Films stuff 24 hours a day.

Brock
09-07-2005, 12:25 PM
It's in the basic package with Directv. No extra charge.

That's great, except it rains here sometimes. :)

ROYC75
09-07-2005, 12:31 PM
I have been disappointed with it.....

The only thing I ahve enjoyed so far is reruns of certain games of the past.