PDA

View Full Version : Donkeys backup QA represents organization well.

Goapics1
09-07-2005, 01:17 PM
Van Pelt apologizes for Colorado St.-Colorado antics

Associated Press

BAD VAN PELT -- Broncos quarterback Bradlee Van Pelt attended last week's Colorado State-Colorado game to support his alma mater. He wound up making a scene.

He was engaged in heckling with the Buffs fans. He wore a T-shirt with an obscenity on it. Some fans said Van Pelt flashed obscene gestures toward them.

The quarterback said he might have to stay away from future CU-CSU games because "I get too passionate about it." He apologized to everyone involved.

"I am truly sorry about it," Van Pelt said. "I wish I could take it back. I'm representing the Broncos, and I shouldn't have done it. I am sorry."

Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said he met with Van Pelt, and would be very surprised if something like that happened again.

"He made a bad decision," Shanahan said. "He loves CSU. He got caught up in the moment. He's got to make a better decision than that. All you can do is apologize."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2154495

Hydrae
09-07-2005, 01:19 PM
He's just taking after his mentor, Jake.

jspchief
09-07-2005, 01:20 PM
Bradlee Van Pelt was quoted as saying...

"I have spent a lot of time during training camp working with Jake Plummer. I thought I was beginning to grasp how things are done. Now I find out that I'm supposed to be flipping off my own fans, not the opposing fans. Hopefully, I'll learn it well enough to fill in for the Fake when he gets injured, and I have to go in to throw INTs."

greg63
09-07-2005, 01:27 PM
Bradlee Van Pelt was quoted as saying...

"I have spent a lot of time during training camp working with Jake Plummer. I thought I was beginning to grasp how things are done. Now I find out that I'm supposed to be flipping off my own fans, not the opposing fans. Hopefully, I'll learn it well enough to fill in for the Fake when he gets injured, and I have to go in to throw INTs."

Well, that statement should spawn real team unity! :hmmm:

Taco John
09-07-2005, 01:27 PM
If you watch the video, it's clear that he was engaged with the smack talk way before any of his buddies were, making it perfectly fine.

jspchief
09-07-2005, 01:35 PM
Well, that statement should spawn real team unity! :hmmm:Uhh, mmmkay.

Braincase
09-07-2005, 01:41 PM
If you watch the video, it's clear that he was engaged with the smack talk way before any of his buddies were, making it perfectly fine.

Maybe his sister Lucy can be your holder?

Saulbadguy
09-07-2005, 01:44 PM
Eh..who cares. Its kinda amusing, but he is just showing school spirit.

BTW, **** CU!

vailpass
09-07-2005, 02:35 PM
This probably isn't the year for Chiefs fans to be commenting on off-field behavior by players.

King_Chief_Fan
09-07-2005, 02:37 PM
This probably isn't the year for Chiefs fans to be commenting on off-field behavior by players.

You are absolutely right about that.

beer bacon
09-07-2005, 02:38 PM

If you think brawling with cops is as bad as flipping off people at a football game then you are delusional!

jspchief
09-07-2005, 02:42 PM
If you think brawling with cops is as bad as flipping off people at a football game then you are delusional!Uh, it's brawling with bouncers. We only spit on cops.

At least they didn't flip someone off at a football game. Look out Raiders, here comes Denver.

vailpass
09-07-2005, 02:50 PM
If you think brawling with cops is as bad as flipping off people at a football game then you are delusional!

Cool. How about 3 time DUI losers or steroid use? Every team has it's problems at one point or another and when they happen the fans of that team need to STFU. Denver has had it's bad years.
This is KC's fan's year to STFU about off-field problems.

Halfcan
09-07-2005, 02:56 PM
Steroids issues should be delt with in a one time your out rule. If I wanted to watch a bunch of pumped up overpaid losers I would watch MLB.

Didn't Romo not only use, but sell them to his own team mates? Yes Welborne should be gone-period!

vailpass
09-07-2005, 02:57 PM
Uh, it's brawling with bouncers. We only spit on cops.

At least they didn't flip someone off at a football game. Look out Raiders, here comes Denver.

ROFL

beavis
09-07-2005, 02:58 PM
Hey, at least he didn't trip over his own feet and fall flat on his face in the driveway.

beer bacon
09-07-2005, 03:16 PM
Cool. How about 3 time DUI losers or steroid use? Every team has it's problems at one point or another and when they happen the fans of that team need to STFU. Denver has had it's bad years.

I will never shut my mouth. I will ignore my own team's deficiencies, and harp on my opponents, like always. Just try and stop me!.

vailpass
09-07-2005, 03:29 PM
I will never shut my mouth. I will ignore my own team's deficiencies, and harp on my opponents, like always. Just try and stop me!.

You got some set of balls on you buddy, backing up your own team like that.
And on your own board too.
Some people.

beer bacon
09-07-2005, 03:30 PM
You got some set of balls on you buddy, backing up your own team like that.
And on your own board too.
Some people.

I am completely and utterly serious at all times when I post!

Bowser
09-07-2005, 03:34 PM

You got a problem with it? Take it up with our kicker.

Adept Havelock
09-07-2005, 03:36 PM

OK, but shots at how the Donkeys violated the salary cap, forever tarnishing their Lombardi's, are still fair game.

:clap:

vailpass
09-07-2005, 03:46 PM
I am completely and utterly serious at all times when I post!

Oh me too. No sarcasm in my last several posts whatsoever. I can clearly see the same is true with you.

vailpass
09-07-2005, 03:48 PM
You got a problem with it? Take it up with our kicker.

ROFL And risk this treatment?: rochambeau
No phucking thank you.

vailpass
09-07-2005, 03:55 PM
OK, but shots at how the Donkeys violated the salary cap, forever tarnishing their Lombardi's, are still fair game.

:clap:

That is the lamest tact, why do a few of you still try to make an issue out of that? Absolutely nobody outside of the 5 or 6 cap conspiracy theorists on this board believes the Denver SB trophies are "tarnished".
Salary cap manipulation happens every year all around the league by teams trying to get every edge they can to win.

When you talk like that you make yourself look bitter. I imagine you hunched over your PC with tinfoil wrapped tighlty around your head and the theme to X-files playing in the background. :)

stevieray
09-07-2005, 04:00 PM
That is the lamest tact, why do a few of you still try to make an issue out of that? Absolutely nobody outside of the 5 or 6 cap conspiracy theorists on this board believes the Denver SB trophies are "tarnished".
Salary cap manipulation happens every year all around the league by teams trying to get every edge they can to win.

When you talk like that you make yourself look bitter. I imagine you hunched over your PC with tinfoil wrapped tighlty around your head and the theme to X-files playing in the background. :)

tarnished tarnished tarnished.... :)

I'm making a sign for this year's game with a jar of vaseline on top of rhe Lombardi pedestal.

vailpass
09-07-2005, 04:52 PM
tarnished tarnished tarnished.... :)

I'm making a sign for this year's game with a jar of vaseline on top of rhe Lombardi pedestal.

ROFL :hmmm: Hey, :cuss: nlm

Skip Towne
09-07-2005, 04:56 PM

Really, all around the league? How many of these "other" teams are convicted and punished as were the Donx?

vailpass
09-07-2005, 05:00 PM
Really, all around the league? How many of these "other" teams are convicted and punished as were the Donx?

I'll not drag you kicking and screaming into reality Skip. Feel free to hide out in that shroud of smoke and dander if it makes you more comfortable.