PDA

View Full Version : Do you enjoy baseball?

bogie
09-07-2005, 07:54 PM
I love to play the game. I was a catcher for 4 years in High School. I really enjoy playing slow pitch softball. I like to go to games live because of the beer, hotdogs and atmosphere. But, for me, it is one of the most BORING things EVER to watch on TV. I am trying to watch FLA and WSH. The camera just stayed on a coach for a minimum of 45 seconds who was simply standing and spitting. In that 45 seconds I'll bet he spit 20 times. Now that's entertainment. :ZZZ:

Adept Havelock
09-07-2005, 07:57 PM
To watch an actual game between decent teams, sure. Playing or the card game...not so much anymore.

leviw
09-07-2005, 07:58 PM
It's a lot easier to watch when football season isn't right around the corner, because comparitively, baseball doesn't stand a chance.

(As I say this, the Royals give up a homer and I change the channel :shake: )

Saulbadguy
09-07-2005, 07:59 PM
I love it. I like college, pro, and I enjoy playing slowpitch softball.

bogie
09-07-2005, 08:01 PM
It's a lot easier to watch when football season isn't right around the corner, because comparitively, baseball doesn't stand a chance.

(As I say this, the Royals give up a homer and I change the channel :shake: )

Gotta be tough to be a Royals fan this year. I guess it's not much different from being a Chiefs fan, so I feel your pain.

Deberg_1990
09-07-2005, 08:01 PM
As long as i dont have to watch the Royals, its great!

bogie
09-07-2005, 08:03 PM
I love it. I like college, pro, and I enjoy playing slowpitch softball.

I enjoyed the Little League World Series and Women's fast pitch was pretty entertaining a well.

Saulbadguy
09-07-2005, 08:03 PM
I enjoyed the Little League World Series and Women's fast pitch was pretty entertaining a well.
I didn't catch the LLWS. I did watch the Michigan vs UCLA Womens National Championship game.

bogie
09-07-2005, 08:05 PM
I didn't catch the LLWS. I did watch the Michigan vs UCLA Womens National Championship game.

Some of the UCLA women were HOT!

Saulbadguy
09-07-2005, 08:05 PM
Some of the UCLA women were HOT!
Yeah. And people wonder why I watch Womens basketball and volleyball. :drool:

dirk digler
09-07-2005, 08:07 PM
Watching regular season baseball is about as exciting as watching soccer or watching paint dry. Take your pick.

Calcountry
09-07-2005, 08:09 PM
IF, and its a big if, the A's go to the playoffs, I have paid for a ticket in the lower deck directly homeplate about 20 rows up. All the way through the WS. That would be too cool.

bogie
09-07-2005, 08:11 PM
Yeah. And people wonder why I watch Womens basketball and volleyball. :drool:

Basketball...I don't know, haven't seen to many hotties on the womens BB. Volleyball however...very nice indeed.

bogie
09-07-2005, 08:13 PM
IF, and its a big if, the A's go to the playoffs, I have paid for a ticket in the lower deck directly homeplate about 20 rows up. All the way through the WS. That would be too cool.

That would be a blast! Like I said I do enjoy going to live games.

Dave Lane
09-07-2005, 08:16 PM
Yep.

Dave

Calcountry
09-07-2005, 08:17 PM
To enjoy baseball, you have to follow it. You have to know weather or not your closer is available today or not. You have to know who is going for you tomorrow and the next day. You have to know who is hitting and who is not. It is a rythem that lasts all summer, builds to a crescendo, and then the leafs begin to fall.

bogie
09-07-2005, 08:30 PM
To enjoy baseball, you have to follow it. You have to know weather or not your closer is available today or not. You have to know who is going for you tomorrow and the next day. You have to know who is hitting and who is not. It is a rythem that lasts all summer, builds to a crescendo, and then the leafs begin to fall.

I'm sure that adds a lot to the game. I've never really followed any team close enough so I just can't get in to it.

morphius
09-07-2005, 08:51 PM
Yup, baseball is almost as boring as golf to watch on TV. But only almost.

Adept Havelock
09-07-2005, 08:54 PM

Color me a touch jealous.

BigRedChief
09-07-2005, 09:33 PM
I coach a competitive little league baseball team. I follow my team but I don't watch baseball on TV much. I do watch highlights on ESPN but thats about it. Until the WS then I'll watch a game or two.

shaneo69
09-07-2005, 09:36 PM
Yeah, I also played baseball all four years of high school and I play co-ed softball these days. Being a Cardinal fan, I've enjoyed MLB a lot during the past decade. In fact, these past two years, MLB has almost overtaken the NFL as my favorite professional sport. I still like the Chiefs more than the Cardinals, although I hate the Cubs worse than I hate the Broncos, if that makes sense.

I've always enjoyed going to baseball games in person; in fact, I'm going to my last game at Busch Stadium tomorrow night. But I probably follow the Cardinals more on the net and by watching the FSMW Midwest Sports Report after the game is over each night. I usually don't watch the game itself, probably because they always seem to play like crap whenever I watch. So I just check out the highlights.

Miles
09-07-2005, 09:39 PM
I follow pretty closely online and watch the Cardinals whenever they are on TV. I also watch the occasional game if there is a really good pitching matchup.

cdcox
09-07-2005, 10:09 PM
Baseball is best watched at the ball park. Not too bad to listen to on the radio, if you care about the teams. Not good on TV.

Dunit35
09-07-2005, 10:57 PM
I'll watch all softball, LLWS or anything that does not involve MLB..I hate MLB...saw today that Steinbrenner pays $220,000 an inning for the Yankees to play...what a joke....they need a salary cap

WilliamTheIrish
09-07-2005, 11:16 PM
I love baseball. It's still the greatest game in the world to me. Kills me that the Royals are sooooo crummy though.

Until two years ago, I played in a fast pitch men's league. It's so much better than slob pitch.

It's a lot more competitive and requires you to be more of an athlete.

Saulbadguy
09-07-2005, 11:17 PM
and requires you to be more of an athlete.
Pretty much why I play slow pitch.

Its hilarious though to see all the idiots in slow pitch take it so damn seriously, especially in league 10.