PDA

View Full Version : Americans must be stupid...

dirk digler
09-07-2005, 08:39 PM
According to Duck Dog.

Americans are opening their pocketbooks so fast and so wide in the wake of Hurricane Katrina that donations have already dwarfed the first week's efforts to help victims of last year's Asian tsunami and the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

By Tuesday evening, U.S. charities had raised more than $500 million in cash and pledges more than twice the $239 million donated in the 10 days after Sept. 11, and more than three times the $163 million raised in the nine days after the tsunami that hit countries along the Indian Ocean last Dec. 26.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-me-philanthropy7sep07,0,1836630.story?coll=la-home-headlines

Saulbadguy
09-07-2005, 08:42 PM
Everyone who doesn't agree with Duck Dog is stupid according to Duck Dog. That guy has a screw loose.

Adept Havelock
09-07-2005, 08:45 PM
Yep, Guess I'm stupid for giving too. Oh well, helps others survive, and helps me feel a little less guilty for not being able to go down and actually physically assist. Damn shame I get a warm fuzzy out of it too. Guess to some that means it's not charity. Oh well.

|Zach|
09-07-2005, 08:46 PM
Everyone who doesn't agree with Duck Dog is stupid according to Duck Dog. That guy has a screw loose.
I think he rocks the casbah.

Adept Havelock
09-07-2005, 08:51 PM

Sharif don't like it.......

Incidentally, "Rock the Casbah" was the 1'st song played by Armed Forces Radio during the deployment for Gulf War I.

This useless tidbit of information brought to you by....me.

The More You Know

Saulbadguy
09-07-2005, 08:51 PM
Duck Dog don't like it.

dirk digler
09-07-2005, 08:52 PM
Duck Dog don't like it.

What does dumb Dog like?

Saulbadguy
09-07-2005, 08:54 PM
What does dumb Dog like?
Rocking the Casbah, obviously. IT AINT KOSHER!

ENDelt260
09-07-2005, 08:57 PM
Americans must be stupid...

I'd say more are than aren't, yeah. Course, my opinion on that matter is completely unrelated to the content of the thread starter.

penchief
09-07-2005, 09:00 PM

The Clash rules.

dirk digler
09-07-2005, 09:04 PM
I'd say more are than aren't, yeah. Course, my opinion on that matter is completely unrelated to the content of the thread starter.

So what is your opinion? Are we just stupid for donating money to help people who need it?

Saulbadguy
09-07-2005, 09:07 PM
So what is your opinion? Are we just stupid for donating money to help people who need it?
I think he means "in general".

dirk digler
09-07-2005, 09:09 PM
I think he means "in general".

I know what he meant. I am just curious what his opinion is on this subject.

penchief
09-07-2005, 09:15 PM
I know what he meant. I am just curious what his opinion is on this subject.

I told you, man....The Clash rules.

dirk digler
09-07-2005, 09:17 PM
I told you, man....The Clash rules.

Got it. I am a little slow you know.

ENDelt260
09-07-2005, 09:21 PM
I really can't make an informed comment on the Duck Dog/Chief Henry aspect of it since I missed the original discussion. I can't imagine that someone stated that donating to charity in general is stupid. There are certainly situations in which it could be a less than wise move. Say, for example, if someone on a fixed income gives well more than they can afford to.

penchief
09-07-2005, 09:24 PM
Got it. I am a little slow you know.

It's okay, man. Maybe you shouldn't be hanging out with those two dudes on the left of our screen. They might be draggin' your intellect down.......if you know what I mean.

dirk digler
09-07-2005, 09:25 PM
I really can't make an informed comment on the Duck Dog/Chief Henry aspect of it since I missed the original discussion. I can't imagine that someone stated that donating to charity in general is stupid. There are certainly situations in which it could be a less than wise move. Say, for example, if someone on a fixed income gives well more than they can afford to.

I understand but it is not anyone's business if they can afford it or not. If they want to donate their life savings to help these people they should without having to be riduculed. I find the comments by Duck Dog equally as bad as some of the things that Denise has said and that says alot.

What's that saying about a fool and his money?

Chief Henry
09-07-2005, 09:30 PM
Dirthead Dikler,

Your smokin sumthun. Its affecting your senses.
go wash your mouthout with soap.

Its great americans are helping others out. Its what Americans do best.

Most AMericans just don't like to brag about what they do.

Its like scoring a TD and tossing the ball back to the official. Its no big thing.

dirk digler
09-07-2005, 09:32 PM
It's okay, man. Maybe you shouldn't be hanging out with those two dudes on the left of our screen. They might be draggin' your intellect down.......if you know what I mean.

ROFL

Everyone needs their fill of beavis and butthead every now and then.

BTW I took off Chief Henry name in the thread starter as he clarified his position in another thread.

dirk digler
09-07-2005, 09:35 PM
Dirthead Dikler,

Its like scoring a TD and tossing the ball back to the official. Its no big thing.

WoW and I was going to compliment you.

Dirthead Dikler, now that is an interesting name.

Chief Henry
09-07-2005, 09:38 PM
WoW and I was going to compliment you.

Dirthead Dikler, now that is an interesting name.

I didn't get your post in the other thread read before I posted this last
one on this thread.... :spock:

dirk digler
09-07-2005, 09:43 PM
I didn't get your post in the other thread read before I posted this last
one on this thread.... :spock:

That's cool and no hard feelings. Chief fans shouldn't be fighting against each other anyway.

:thumb:

penchief
09-07-2005, 09:54 PM
That's cool and no hard feelings. Chief fans shouldn't be fighting against each other anyway.

:thumb:

One of the wiser things I've seen posted on this board.

|Zach|
09-07-2005, 10:33 PM
Dirthead Dikler,

How was he braggin about it? Someone led him into everything he said there...

Someone said people should stop posting and actually give. He said he had given. Nothing more nothing less...someone asked him how much...he answered.

Saulbadguy
09-07-2005, 10:35 PM
Duck Dog is a chiefs fan? I only ever see him here in DC. Coulda fooled me.

Ugly Duck
09-08-2005, 01:40 AM
Duck Dog don't like it.Duck Dog don't like me either. He sends me little black squares. Heck, we're both Ducks...

ENDelt260
09-08-2005, 01:46 AM
Duck Dog don't like me either. He sends me little black squares. Heck, we're both Ducks...
Actually, he's a dog. He hunts ducks.

I guess he figures the ugly ones are easier to catch. I can relate.

Logical
09-08-2005, 01:50 AM
I proclaim IGNORANCE

to hell with the rest of you.