PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the Boston-Cambridge area(Amnorix,Cadmonkey)

kcfanintitanhell
09-07-2005, 09:39 PM
I'm tagging along with my fiancee to her yearly pathologist conference. This year it's in Boston, from the 16th of this month through the 23rd. We are staying at the Royal Sonesta in Cambridge, and we are looking for a good place to watch the game Sunday night.
And on an aside, maybe someone to play a round of golf with......

jspchief
09-07-2005, 09:39 PM
Have fun interacting with the rudest assholes in the entire US.

dropKickMurphy
09-15-2005, 07:54 AM
kcfanintitanhell -

I'd recommend "The Fours" on Canal Streeet in Boston. It was featured in SI a few months ago as the #1 sports bar in the USA.

Easy walk from your hotel...just under a mile.

Go around the corner, walk past the Museum of Science, and keep going straight until you get to Causeway Street. Take a left on Causeway, walk past the "New Gahdin", and take a left on Canal Street. The Fours will be on your right.

Goapics1
09-15-2005, 07:57 AM
kcfanintitanhell -

I'd recommend "The Fours" on Canal Streeet in Boston. It was featured in SI a few months ago as the #1 sports bar in the USA.

Easy walk from your hotel...just under a mile.

Go around the corner, walk past the Museum of Science, and keep going straight until you get to Causeway Street. Take a left on Causeway, walk past the "New Gahdin", and take a left on Canal Street. The Fours will be on your right.
DKM,

Haven't seen you at patplanet for awhile. What's up?

Otter
09-15-2005, 08:47 AM
Have fun interacting with the rudest assholes in the entire US.Hehe, yup, New York and Philadelpia have nothing on Boston when it comes to being up tight and rude. Washington DC is the only other place I've been too that compares to Boston.

I find New Yorkers to be more brutally straight forward than rude and I've never found Phili to be any worse than any other metropolis UNLESS you're rooting for the wrong team at an Eagles Game.

Let's see if I can offer some relative insight to the question:

It's been awhile since I've had to travel to that area but unless things have dramaticly changed there are going to be plenty of nice pubs around to watch the game.

You won't have to worry about whether or not they have NFL Ticket or not because it's nationally televised.

My reccomendation: Miracle of Science Bar & Grill.

It's casual but very up scale and the food and wine are OUTSTANDING. If you sit at the bar you'll be able to hear and watch the game no problem.

The crowd is snooty but friendly considering your location. Alot of MIT grad students and profs seen to hang out there. I recommend the bread did for an app and the delmonico for dinner.

Here's a link with Cambridge Pubs:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://web.mit.edu/sloanjapan/101/boston/img/restaurant/bar.jpg&imgrefurl=http://web.mit.edu/sloanjapan/101/boston/restaurant-bar.htm&h=200&w=120&sz=34&tbnid=Cxg3DL_I2s4J:&tbnh=99&tbnw=59&hl=en&start=8&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmiracle%2Bof%2Bscience%2Bbar%2B%2526%2Bgrill%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN

Hope it helps somewhat.

sd4chiefs
09-15-2005, 08:47 AM
I will be in the Boston area this weekend. I am staying at the Langham in the downtown area. I will be at one of the local pubs so that I can consume mass quantities of alcohol. The Times Irish Pub at 112 Broad St looks like at good place to see the game but I am going to be checking out a lot of Pubs Friday night. If my plans change I will let you know. If you think you will be there I will be the one doing a lot of yelling and wearing a Rader Hater hat.

kcfanintitanhell
09-15-2005, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the input...hopefully might run into some of you...