PDA

View Full Version : Con. Boycott of DC?

NewChief
09-09-2005, 11:12 AM
Hasn't been a conservative post here in about 4 hours. Some kind of boycott going on or is it just the start of football season?

memyselfI
09-09-2005, 11:13 AM
Hasn't been a conservative post here in about 4 hours. Some kind of boycott going on or is it just the start of football season?

Wow, that would explain how peaceful it is... :hmmm:

I think it's more GWB tanking. It's harder to defend him.

Simplex3
09-09-2005, 11:18 AM
Wow, that would explain how peaceful it is... :hmmm:

Or it could be that they've given up ever trying to get you to have a cohesive thought. It's more enlightening to argue with the Auto-Rantic Moonbat than you.

If there isn't an official non-liberal boycott going on I'm here to suggest it officialy.

memyselfI
09-09-2005, 11:19 AM
Or it could be that they've given up ever trying to get you to have a cohesive thought. It's more enlightening to argue with the Auto-Rantic Moonbat than you.

If there isn't an official non-liberal boycott going on I'm here to suggest it officialy.

See ya. :thumb:

NewChief
09-09-2005, 11:20 AM
This does kind of suck, though. I wanted to see some Con thoughts on the ruling about detention of citizens. Oh well.

memyselfI
09-09-2005, 11:21 AM
This does kind of suck, though. I wanted to see some Con thoughts on the ruling about detention of citizens. Oh well.

Don't dispair. Some insurgents will be caught or Blanco will say something stupid.

penchief
09-09-2005, 12:00 PM
Some are probably feeling the futility of defending the ideologicaly driven incompetence of the this administration. However, out of fairness one should take a gander at Big Daddy's "liberal POS" thread in order to recongnize that many conservatives are finally willing to concede that Bush is a real clown.

Carter may have been in over his head but at least his intentions were pure. Bush is and always has been a creation of the power-quo. Until now his handlers have been able to insulate him from scrutiny. As I have said many times before, once there is a crack in the facade of the Bush presidency the entire house of cards just might come tumbling down.

Anyway, does anyone really believe that Bush sent Cheney to New Orleans? Big Daddy decided for himself that he needed to take a look around. Why? So he can decide what to do next. Bye, Bye Browny.

Radar Chief
09-09-2005, 12:03 PM

:shrug: Donít know that Iím all that ďconservativeĒ or even one your lookín for, but Iíve been reworking prototype PC boards. Still have to author the deviation for the board house and send parts their way, so I may not be round much the rest the day.
Since you seem so concerned. ;)

NewChief
09-09-2005, 12:03 PM
:shrug: Donít know that Iím all that ďconservativeĒ or even one your lookín for, but Iíve been reworking prototype PC boards. Still have to author the deviation for the board house and send parts their way, so I may not be round much the rest the day.

Whew! I was getting worried. Thought the rapture had come and taken all the cons up to heaven and left all us libs behind.;)

Don't work too hard and have a great weekend.

Mr. Laz
09-09-2005, 12:05 PM
and they are now trying to get the DC sub-forum eliminated completely.

the equivalent of "taking their ball and going home approach"

it's funny as hell ... ROFL

when this forum was dominated by right-wingers and any non republican got attacked on sight ... this forum was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

now that the numbers are more even they cry and pout and say the forum is no longer "decent"

typical Bully mentality :rolleyes:

Radar Chief
09-09-2005, 12:06 PM

Yea, letís give Meme exactly what she wants, chaseín everyone else off the board. :thumb:

:rolleyes:

KC Jones
09-09-2005, 12:09 PM
Some are probably feeling the futility of defending the ideologicaly driven incompetence of the this administration. However, out of fairness one should take a gander at Big Daddy's "liberal POS" thread in order to recongnize that many conservatives are finally willing to concede that Bush is a real clown.

Carter may have been in over his head but at least his intentions were pure. Bush is and always has been a creation of the power-quo. Until now his handlers have been able to insulate him from scrutiny. As I have said many times before, once there is a crack in the facade of the Bush presidency the entire house of cards just might come tumbling down.

Anyway, does anyone really believe that Bush sent Cheney to New Orleans? Big Daddy decided for himself that he needed to take a look around. Why? So he can decide what to do next. Bye, Bye Browny.

Funny you mention Carter - I was thinking of allusions between the two earlier. Both were men who *seemed* like just what the country needed. Both turned out to be boobs - and not the good kind of boobs you can grab hold of either.

KC Jones
09-09-2005, 12:11 PM

Are you an electrical engineer? If you don't mind my asking what kind of PC boards are you working on?

Radar Chief
09-09-2005, 12:11 PM
Whew! I was getting worried. Thought the rapture had come and taken all the cons up to heaven and left all us libs behind.;)

Don't work too hard and have a great weekend.

Thanks, you to. :thumb:

NewChief
09-09-2005, 12:15 PM

BTW, I honestly hope this doesn't turn into a liberal wankfest. The reason I like this place is for the divergent viewpoints.

penchief
09-09-2005, 12:16 PM
Yea, letís give Meme exactly what she wants, chaseín everyone else off the board. :thumb:

:rolleyes:

Really, man. I want to see them make their case. Those of us who have expressed what increasingly appears to be not only legitimate, but almost prophetic, concerns deserve to hear their defense of the outcomes and consequences of this administration's priorities and leadership.

Radar Chief
09-09-2005, 12:17 PM
Are you an electrical engineer? If you don't mind my asking what kind of PC boards are you working on?

No Iím just a humble tech. workín in R&D engineering.
Surface mount, small stuff (0402), multi layer. These are for a prototype radar units.

alanm
09-09-2005, 12:19 PM
Nah it's just a bummer hanging out with professional negative people. Why bring myself down to the liberal level. You people dwell in negativity. You're happy. You're happy seeing America in crisis. Have a ball.

memyselfI
09-09-2005, 12:20 PM
Thanks, you to. :thumb:

Uh, that would be TOO. :p

Radar Chief
09-09-2005, 12:21 PM
Uh, that would be TOO. :p

I care.

penchief
09-09-2005, 12:21 PM
Nah it's just a bummer hanging out with professional negative people. Why bring myself down to the liberal level. You people dwell in negativity . Have a ball.

Is that how you felt when conservative negativity reached a historic high with all the whining about an oval office bj?

memyselfI
09-09-2005, 12:23 PM
BTW, I honestly hope this doesn't turn into a liberal wankfest. The reason I like this place is for the divergent viewpoints.

Me neither. I rather enjoy having strong willed wrong people to banter with...

no fun posting with people who agree with you. I'm just finding it amusing how as down in the dumps the LIBS cause has been there has always been a core of folks here who remain steadfast and determined to keep their POV out front no matter how great the push back or the odds.

It's rather disheartening to see so many of these folks fold up like lawn chairs just because things aren't going their way. It's easy to post and remain true to your views when things are going well. It's quite hard when you are the lone ranger(s) out there.

memyselfI
09-09-2005, 12:25 PM
Really, man. I want to see them make their case. Those of us who have expressed what increasingly appears to be not only legitimate, but almost prophetic, concerns deserve to hear their defense of the outcomes and consequences of this administration's priorities and leadership.

No kidding.

If they can't defend it anymore they can at least admit it or even change their stance the way TJ and Logical have. They still remain critical of Liberal causes they don't agree with but aren't 'Yes' men for the CONS either.

Taco John
09-09-2005, 12:29 PM
I think it's awesome if they retreated. It's a tough job trying to defend a president who hasn't really accomplished anything.

BigMeatballDave
09-10-2005, 01:02 AM
I think it's awesome if they retreated. It's a tough job trying to defend a president who hasn't really accomplished anything.I still have the TV I bought with the tax rebate I recieved 4 years ago...
:)

Mr. Kotter
09-10-2005, 01:18 AM
BTW, I honestly hope this doesn't turn into a liberal wankfest. ...

Too late. It already is.

WilliamTheIrish
09-10-2005, 01:52 AM
Me neither. I rather enjoy having strong willed wrong people to banter with...

no fun posting with people who agree with you. I'm just finding it amusing how as down in the dumps the LIBS cause has been there has always been a core of folks here who remain steadfast and determined to keep their POV out front no matter how great the push back or the odds.

It's rather disheartening to see so many of these folks fold up like lawn chairs just because things aren't going their way. It's easy to post and remain true to your views when things are going well. It's quite hard when you are the lone ranger(s) out there.

You know I remember counseling penchief several months back (maybe closer to a year) about how he needed to relax. That the pendulum of power never stays too far right nor left. The middle of the road electorate will always move away from those in power.

Penchief's response was along the lines of "well it may too late ....."

And while I consider myself right of center -but no RWNJ- it's no certainty that any failing of the Bush administration would drive me to vote for Nancy Pelosi as POTUS.

You'd do well to heed that advice. You've watched some left leaning folks get kicked while they were down. It doesn't take long for the pendulum to swing back and feel the boot in your teeth again.

So, no, this conservative type (who wears t-shirts and scrub pants and cares for kids) hasn't left the ship in the hands of Capt Smith. I'll be here.
(Although I'm working on something a little more important for the next few weeks.)

Rausch
09-10-2005, 02:08 AM
I think it's awesome if they retreated. It's a tough job trying to defend a president who hasn't really accomplished anything.

I'd give Bush a B+ as far as 1st term and a D for the 2nd.

I'm worried we'll have even less running next go round...

Logical
09-10-2005, 03:08 AM
I still have the TV I bought with the tax rebate I recieved 4 years ago...
:)You should see the sweet ride I bought with my welfare money from when the libs ran the White House.:p

http://photos4.ebizautos.com/3301/721911_1_400.jpg

http://motortrend.com/roadtests/sedan/112_0107_jagstype_lead.jpg

BigRedChief
09-10-2005, 08:54 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v397/shividude/bush-finger.gif

listopencil
09-10-2005, 07:43 PM
Heh, Bush "going down" is nowhere near a death knell for conservatism. He never was a Conservative. He just played one on TV.

Ari Chi3fs
09-10-2005, 09:43 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v397/shividude/bush-finger.gif

wow, what is that from?

Taco John
09-10-2005, 10:13 PM
Heh, Bush "going down" is nowhere near a death knell for conservatism. He never was a Conservative. He just played one on TV.

That's what I'm saying...

Kudos.

NewChief
09-11-2005, 06:43 PM
wow, what is that from?

Have you never seen that clip before? It's a famous one from his days as the governor. They'd just finished his makeup and they were running the cameras, he didn't realize it. They asked him some smartass question and he smirked and flipped them the bird.

Mr. Laz
09-11-2005, 06:55 PM
there is some kind of voluntary ban going on

some of them can't stand DC but can't resist not entering it ROFL

I would assume the disappearance of the pics forum is due to the permissions being setup such that only registered users can view it.

There is a brand new usergroup that doesn't have permission to view DC... making it disappear. There are only a handful of users in it. I suppose mods could start taking requests at large to be added to that group.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2682498

Calcountry
09-11-2005, 07:20 PM

If there isn't an official non-liberal boycott going on I'm here to suggest it officialy.ROFLThey will get real tired blowing their left wing crap at one another.

Calcountry
09-11-2005, 07:22 PM
BTW, I honestly hope this doesn't turn into a liberal wankfest. The reason I like this place is for the divergent viewpoints.That would break my phuggin heart.

Calcountry
09-11-2005, 07:23 PM
Is that how you felt when conservative negativity reached a historic high with all the whining about an oval office bj?At least Clinton never took vacations, he was always on the "job".

Calcountry
09-11-2005, 07:25 PM
No kidding.

If they can't defend it anymore they can at least admit it or even change their stance the way TJ and Logical have. They still remain critical of Liberal causes they don't agree with but aren't 'Yes' men for the CONS either.Taco never supported Bush on much of anything. I don't know how you can throw him magnanimous props now that he is just being himself.

Calcountry
09-11-2005, 07:25 PM
Too late. It already is.I just come in here to run my post count up.

lmao.

Calcountry
09-11-2005, 07:27 PM
You should see the sweet ride I bought with my welfare money from when the libs ran the White House.:p

http://photos4.ebizautos.com/3301/721911_1_400.jpg

http://motortrend.com/roadtests/sedan/112_0107_jagstype_lead.jpgThis is purely anecdotal, and doesn't mean a thing vis a vis policy.

Calcountry
09-11-2005, 07:28 PM
Heh, Bush "going down" is nowhere near a death knell for conservatism. He never was a Conservative. He just played one on TV.Agreed, and I have said as much prior to the election.

Kerry would have been worse. I still believe that.

Mr. Laz
09-11-2005, 07:46 PM
Agreed, and I have said as much prior to the election.

Kerry would have been worse. I still believe that.

no way Kerry would of been worse ....... if for no other reason than he would of had opposing political parties running the other branches to restrain things.

this admin is a train wreck regardless of what you think of their policy

whoman69
09-11-2005, 10:39 PM
Unfortunately he's accomplished alot, most of it negative. It seems like everything blows up that Dick Cheney orders the President to get involved in. If Carter was totally hands on, this guy is totally hands off. I think the right is just getting tired of making excuses.

Taco John
09-12-2005, 12:16 AM
there is some kind of voluntary ban going on

some of them can't stand DC but can't resist not entering it ROFL

What a bunch of fakes... They claim that they're conservative and that they don't need to be taken care of by govenrment. But they don't have the discipline to keep out of DC so they beg local government to come up with a solution for them. "Please blind me, for I don't have enough discipline to do it on my own."

Taco John
09-12-2005, 12:21 AM
Taco never supported Bush on much of anything. I don't know how you can throw him magnanimous props now that he is just being himself.

That's actually a lie. I had Bush on Mount Rushmore at one point in time. I believed the hype and figured him to be a great man after his performance on 9/11. I thought the Iraq thing would be a quick and easy deal, just like they were selling. I had figured he would win re-election in an unprecedented landslide and figured that there was no way that I could find myself voting for anybody else...

Then Spring 2003 rolled around, and I woke up.

the Talking Can
09-12-2005, 06:00 AM
What a bunch of fakes... They claim that they're conservative and that they don't need to be taken care of by govenrment. But they don't have the discipline to keep out of DC so they beg local government to come up with a solution for them. "Please blind me, for I don't have enough discipline to do it on my own."

bingo

but then, Republicans have always been full of shit............