PDA

View Full Version : The head of FEMA...

alnorth
09-09-2005, 09:38 PM
... is incompetent, unqualified, and should be fired yesterday. This from a Republican who voted for Bush twice. Some have argued that the governor threw up a roadblock to the feds, and well eventually get to the bottom of that, but Michael Brown could not even intelligently handle the limited responsibilities that all sides agree FEMA was given. Bush also needs to bear some responsibility for hiring this idiot out of friendship.

memyselfI
09-09-2005, 09:47 PM
... is incompetent, unqualified, and should be fired yesterday. This from a Republican who voted for Bush twice. Some have argued that the governor threw up a roadblock to the feds, and well eventually get to the bottom of that, but Michael Brown could not even intelligently handle the limited responsibilities that all sides agree FEMA was given. Bush also needs to bear some responsibility for hiring this idiot out of friendship.

Oh man, something is in the water...

er, no pun intended.

:clap:

Pitt Gorilla
09-09-2005, 09:47 PM
A day late, a buck short
I'm writing the report
on losing and failing
when I move I'm failing now

Taco John
09-10-2005, 04:27 PM
did you hear he ****** her?

penchief
09-10-2005, 06:09 PM

Kudos to you.

I will go one step further and urge you to admit that Bush is nothing but a corporate lackey. If you do this I will confess that I have many conservative tendencies such as my belief in personal, corporate, and governmental repsonsibility. I will confess my conservative attitude toward conserving the environment. I will also admit to you that I am actually a fiscal conservative regardless of my desire to see the government effect equal opportunity and fully fund health care and education.

The root word of conservative is "conserve." What does it really mean to conserve? I believe it means exercising the utmost efficiency in pursuit of ones goals. History has proven that the pursuit of the profit motive has been totally inefficient in societal terms.

Conservatism and capitalism are opposing concepts, IMO. Conservatism suggests exerecising a minimal affect on one's environment in order to suspend the negative consequences of one's actions while capitalism promotes capitalizing on one's environment in order to maximize the effect.

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm ready for a sincere effort to advance humanity in a way that is intelligent and selfless without the negative consequences that surround humankind's so called conservatism.

BigOlChiefsfan
09-10-2005, 06:17 PM
FEMA HEAD WARNS PUBLIC OF POSSIBLE HURRICANE

Federal Emergency Management Adminstration Director Michael Brown today issued a warning to Gulf Coast residents to be on the lookout for Hurricane Katrina, a tropical storm that he said may reach landfall as early as last Sunday.

"I understand it may be large," said Brown. "We encourage residents to seek shelter for their families and their Arabian horses."