wazu
09-11-2005, 03:09 PM
You, my friend, are a lame ass.

headsnap
09-11-2005, 03:10 PM
assholes, the D needed you for that shutout... :cuss:

Valiant
09-11-2005, 03:11 PM
no shit that is ****ed up... that crowd could have disrupted the playcalling big time...

Mr. Kotter
09-11-2005, 03:12 PM
Cut 'em a little slack. The beers in their coolers in the parking lot, were calling...."drink me! drink me!" :)

cdcox
09-11-2005, 03:14 PM
They should have been there making Arrowheadlouder.

Mr. Kotter
09-11-2005, 03:15 PM
They should have been there making Arrowheadlouder.

I agree. A shutout would have been SWEET!

Phobia
09-11-2005, 06:08 PM
Come on. We forced a timeout and a False Start in that last drive. What more do you want? I was raising as much hell as I possibly could.

I did start walking out when Dante ran out of bounds, though.

BigRedChief
09-11-2005, 06:26 PM
jeez I don't think there was major exocdus until after the big 4 down stop by the defense and the crowd started chanting defense to give the team their props. They had there win, their sponteaneous moment lets call it a day.

I always stay till the end. I was high fiving Stevie ray and werewolf on the way out. We were some of the last ones but for the others don't be so hard on them.

Thig Lyfe
09-11-2005, 06:39 PM
Fo' real.

cdcox
09-11-2005, 06:41 PM
Come on. We forced a timeout and a False Start in that last drive. What more do you want? I was raising as much hell as I possibly could.

My post was a parody on one of our new posters.

4th and Long
09-11-2005, 06:43 PM
I left right before the Jets scored. Excuse me for going to look in on my Mother, who is not in the best of health. Oh ... and kiss my ass.

The Bad Guy
09-11-2005, 06:55 PM
I was there until the players walked onto the field and the clock read 0:00.

I agree, it's lame as hell to leave early. Me and my fiance are burned to shit and we yelled our asses off.
If you aren't going to stay, sell your tickets to people who will.

OldTownChief
09-11-2005, 06:58 PM

Little bastard cost us a 30+ pt. average. :banghead:

4th and Long
09-11-2005, 06:58 PM
I was there until the players walked onto the field and the clock read 0:00.

I agree, it's lame as hell to leave early. Me and my fiance are burned to shit and we yelled our asses off.
If you aren't going to stay, sell your tickets to people who will.
I too am sun burned but my family comes first. The game was out of reach. Deal with it. Oh ... and you can kiss my ass too.

Nelson Muntz
09-11-2005, 07:03 PM
I too am sun burned but my family comes first. The game was out of reach. Deal with it. Oh ... and you can kiss my ass too.

I'm sure he understands your situation. He's talking about the other 60,000 that left early for the only reason to get out of the parking lot sooner to beat traffic. That is a lame ass reason no matter what. You should probably stop being such an asshole.

4th and Long
09-11-2005, 07:05 PM
I'm sure he understands your situation. He's talking about the other 60,000 that left early for the only reason to get out of the parking lot sooner to beat traffic. That is a lame ass reason no matter what. You should probably stop being such an asshole.
Kiss my ... :p

Seriously, people need to qualify their statements before making a blanket statement about all Chiefs fans. That's what the thread title says. ALL the Chiefs fans that left early.

KC Kings
09-11-2005, 07:06 PM
I left right before the Jets scored. Excuse me for going to look in on my Mother, who is not in the best of health. Oh ... and kiss my ass.

So you can neglect your mother for 3 1/2+ hours to watch all but the last 5 minutes of the game, but had to leave with the mass exodus? :hmmm: Not doubting you, just asking an innocent question.

Kind of sounds like when I tell my kids why I have to leave them for a week each November, in order to kill enough deer so I can provide for our family and we don't go hungry throughout the year... then end up spending $9 per pound on the deer after you add in the cost for beer, hunting supplies, gas, processing fees, license fees and beer.

dirk digler
09-11-2005, 07:13 PM
I left after the Jets scored their only TD and I could care less what you think.

dtebbe
09-11-2005, 07:14 PM
See my posts from last year, I just don't get it. If people need to get home that bad, they just shouldn't bother coming at all.

DT

OldTownChief
09-11-2005, 07:14 PM
So you can neglect your mother for 3 1/2+ hours to watch all but the last 5 minutes of the game, but had to leave with the mass exodus? :hmmm: Not doubting you, just asking an innocent question.

Kind of sounds like when I tell my kids why I have to leave them for a week each November, in order to kill enough deer so I can provide for our family and we don't go hungry throughout the year... then end up spending $9 per pound on the deer after you add in the cost for beer, hunting supplies, gas, processing fees, license fees and beer.

Thats a lot of beer. :clap:

TQ82
09-11-2005, 07:19 PM

I am sure your ailing mother appreciates you honoring her by tailgating for three hours and then going to the game for three hours. I don't know who stole your baseball but lighten up dude.

tiptap
09-11-2005, 07:19 PM
OH come on. The Jets should have scored something before that meaningless score at the end of the game. It is not like the Jets offense and kicking game didn't do it's part to keep from scoring. We were easily the better team 1st half with everyone on the field. We were lots more even the second half with all of our loses of personnel and the tiring defense.

NewChief
09-11-2005, 07:20 PM
I usually stay until the end, but I have a 3.5 hour drive which can turn into a 5 hour drive if I sit in traffic. I usually don't mind and stick it out until the end, then stick around and tailgate for until traffic clears, but my parents were watching our son here in Fayetteville. They, in turn, have a 2 hour drive that they're making tonight once we got home. So, to make a long story short, I left early. Sorry, sorry. But I did. As a result, I got home at 6:30 instead of 8:30.

Logical
09-11-2005, 07:23 PM
See my posts from last year, I just don't get it. If people need to get home that bad, they just shouldn't bother coming at all.

DTAll I know is after I fly 1600 miles to the game pay for a rental car, couple nights in a hotel, if I want to leave a couple minutes early in a blow out screw any of you who tell me I should not show up.

Bwana
09-11-2005, 07:37 PM
All I know is after I fly 1600 miles to the game pay for a rental car, couple nights in a hotel, if I want to leave a couple minutes early in a blow out screw any of you who tell me I should not show up.

If I fly in from Montana and spend all that cash on a hotel, plane tickets and food, you can bet you ass I am staying until the last tick of the clock.

Logical
09-11-2005, 07:39 PM
If I fly in from Montana and spend all that cash on a hotel, plane tickets and food, you can bet you ass I am staying until the last tick of the clock.The point is the choice is yours, I do not think any less of you as a fan if you leave slightly early especially if you are heading out to the parking lot to do some post game celebrating with friends.

OldTownChief
09-11-2005, 07:40 PM
I usually have to be told by security to leave.

4th and Long
09-11-2005, 07:40 PM

Not that I need to explain myself to you but, for the sake of argument, I will.

Let me qualify this by saying I'm a health care professional who knows the dangers of diabetes.

Right after we held the Jets on 4th and goal, my cell phone went off. it was my Mother. She left me a voice mail telling me her accucheck machine (used to determine blood sugar levels in diabetics) was malfunctioning and asked if I could look at it. You see, diabetics need to know their sugar levels. It's rather important as improper levels can lead to DEATH.

So I got up and left to fix her machine. I hope that clears things up for you.

Otter
09-11-2005, 07:42 PM
I think your both wrong.

I'm not leaving till I'm physically thrown out by a certified security guard, local officer or a state cop.

Greg follows the heard and Jim gives up. I think your both pussies.

Bwana
09-11-2005, 07:42 PM
The point is the choice is yours, I do not think any less of you as a fan if you leave slightly early especially if you are heading out to the parking lot to do some post game celebrating with friends.

Oh I agree, different strokes.

eazyb81
09-11-2005, 07:44 PM
I'll admit that I left with a couple minutes to go during the "mass exodus", and I really could care less what anybody thinks about it. The game was already decided and it was hot as f#ck out there, I lost interest a bit towards the end after we had so many great plays.

Bwana
09-11-2005, 07:45 PM
I think your both wrong.

I'm not leaving till I'm physically thrown out by a certified security guard, local officer or a state cop.

Greg follows the heard and Jim gives up. I think your both pussies.

Heh! I think I also speak for Jim when I say. :moon:

:D

4th and Long
09-11-2005, 07:46 PM
The game was already decided and it was hot as f#ck out there
It was a tad warm. Sunny too. My face is Chiefs red.

eazyb81
09-11-2005, 07:50 PM
It was a tad warm. Sunny too. My face is Chiefs red.

Yep, and I am a pale skinned Irish guy. Believe me, I am going to be hurting tomorrow.

KChiefsQT
09-11-2005, 07:51 PM
I don't blame anyone for leaving early... they paid money for the ticket they can leave whenever they damn well please. But I did think it was a little sad towards the end of the game when there was about 10% of the fans left in the stadium. When I saw that on the t.v. it reminded me of McAffee(Oak A's stadium on a weekday) definetly not the sea of red at Arrowhead. But again, there's no you pay you stay policy when purchasing tickets.. sooo se la vi (sp.). Plus for those of you who were there.... HellUVA job screaming your asses off today... I could hear you all the way from California. Made me feel damn proud to be a Chiefs fan.

4th and Long
09-11-2005, 07:54 PM
Yep, and I am a pale skinned Irish guy. Believe me, I am going to be hurting tomorrow.
Luckily for my, my Italian heritage will help to leave my face a nice shade of brown by this time tomorrow. Olive skin melanin kicks ass! :D

4th and Long
09-11-2005, 07:55 PM
HellUVA job screaming your asses off today... I could hear you all the way from California.
Really? Cool! I was screaming your name too. Least you could do was moan a little in your next post and act like you enjoyed it. :p

wazu
09-11-2005, 08:02 PM

If you were in your still standing when the Jets scored then you're cool and I won't judge your actions after that point. I'll save my holier-than-though self-righteousness for all of those lame fans that don't think it's fun to watch a shutout happen in Arrowhead. I just couldn't believe the camera shot of the practically empty stadium when the Jets scored.

WilliamTheIrish
09-11-2005, 08:17 PM
I love these threads...

You know our guys had a great game when all we can really biotch about is the fans leaving early.

Color Red
09-11-2005, 08:57 PM
I'm sure there are any number of significant, incidental reasons why any number of fans left the game early. I certainly give a pass to the guy with a sick mother, and any other important matters or emergencies. But I can't believe there are that many incidental reasons why, there were tons of empty red seats in the fourth quarter. I've fought the crowds getting out of Arrowhead, I've had other things going on that I wanted to get to. I'm just saying all the empty seats looked lame. As a Chiefs fan who lives out of state, I was embarrassed by the late game indifference. All the national media talk about "rockin' Arrowhead" as having an incredible home crowd strangely went away. I don't remember seeing Arrowhead emptying out like that before on a day and a game like this one.

KChiefsQT
09-11-2005, 09:02 PM
I'm sure there are any number of significant, incidental reasons why any number of fans left the game early. I certainly give a pass to the guy with a sick mother, and any other important matters or emergencies. But I can't believe there are that many incidental reasons why, there were tons of empty red seats in the fourth quarter. I've fought the crowds getting out of Arrowhead, I've had other things going on that I wanted to get to. I'm just saying all the empty seats looked lame. As a Chiefs fan who lives out of state, I was embarrassed by the late game indifference. All the national media talk about "rockin' Arrowhead" as having an incredible home crowd strangely went away. I don't remember seeing Arrowhead emptying out like that before on a day and a game like this one.

Although it was empty.... Most of these guys were soo effing pumped, I'm assuming, especially with our near shutout and improved D that they were piling out to be the first to the icechest. At 10 bucks a beer in the stadium I don't blame em. There was partying to do...hello...
because... weeeeeeeeeeeeee woooooooooooooooooon!!!!!!!!!!!!

ENDelt260
09-11-2005, 09:51 PM
I'm not kissing 4th and Long's hairy ass. Pull your pants back up, jerkoff.

ENDelt260
09-11-2005, 09:53 PM
I usually have to be told by security to leave.
I have that problem a lot, too. Not necessarily at Chiefs games... just in general.

Brock
09-11-2005, 09:54 PM
I went back out to where the beer costs .75 a can. I'd say the crowd held their end up today.

beavis
09-11-2005, 10:08 PM
I went back out to where the beer costs .75 a can. I'd say the crowd held their end up today.
Not to mention the game was over at halftime.

Otter
09-11-2005, 10:24 PM
I have that problem a lot, too. Not necessarily at Chiefs games... just in general.

I got thrown out of a strip club for tearing off dollar bill sized pieces of paper bags that the quarts came in and stuffing them in the garder belts of strippers back in college.

Feet never even touched the ground between the inside and outside of the place and I opened the doors with my head.

I f#ckin rock. :rockon:

ROYC75
09-11-2005, 10:33 PM
I got news for all of you peckerheads............If I drive 500 miles, I'm staying cause I can only come once a year, I'm not a real fan. Besides, I let the crowd go out 1st, I get a non-crowded walk to the parking lot to party until I leave the next day.

With this in mind, I never left my seat the whole game today. I had it parked in front of the TV all game, until the last Jets kickoff that is, I had to piss. :D

ENDelt260
09-11-2005, 11:42 PM
I got thrown out of a strip club for tearing off dollar bill sized pieces of paper bags that the quarts came in and stuffing them in the garder belts of strippers back in college.

Feet never even touched the ground between the inside and outside of the place and I opened the doors with my head.

I f#ckin rock. :rockon:
Haha. Awesome. The only time I recall actually being physically removed by a bouncer was when one found me in the women's restroom. Luckily he didn't choose to open the door with my head.

Pitt Gorilla
09-12-2005, 12:10 AM
I usually have to be told by security to leave.That owns. "You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here."

Chiefaholic
09-12-2005, 12:25 AM
Ehhh... The game was out of reach and the Chiefs didn't need the crowd to prevent the Jets from catching up. However, had the score been within reach if a Jets win, you'de have a legit complaint.

Myself, on the other hand, am also one of those guys whos last in their section to leave. After spending a fortune on middleman tickets, driving 4 hours to the stadium, and spending another small fortune on gas, food, and beverages, my personal preferance is to enjoy every minute inside Arrowhead as possible.

After the game, I always try to get near the Chiefs tunnel (near where I sit) and congratulate the players as they leave the field. Then I go outside to the fence near player parking and watch them as they leave the stadium for their cars. I USED to get autographs here befor a couple of assholes ruined it for everybody.

I'm going to get home late anyway, so might as well enjoy every minute possible. MAN, I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!

Ari Chi3fs
09-12-2005, 02:19 AM
I was there until the final 0:00 rooting for that 0 on the board. Man, what a great game... man, Im a burnt mofo... I just woke up from a 5 hour nap. heh. Going back to sleep now... oh, and kiss my ass.

greg63
09-12-2005, 02:31 AM
Not that I need to explain myself to you but, for the sake of argument, I will.

Let me qualify this by saying I'm a health care professional who knows the dangers of diabetes.

Right after we held the Jets on 4th and goal, my cell phone went off. it was my Mother. She left me a voice mail telling me her accucheck machine (used to determine blood sugar levels in diabetics) was malfunctioning and asked if I could look at it. You see, diabetics need to know their sugar levels. It's rather important as improper levels can lead to DEATH.

So I got up and left to fix her machine. I hope that clears things up for you.My mom is Diabetic also, and your right - you don't need to explain yourself. The Defense allowed the score not you or anyone else who left early. One score folks, I understand it would have been history making but WE WON!!!!!! When’s the last time you saw our "D" hold anyone to one score????

Hope your mom is well, buddy. :thumb:

David.
09-12-2005, 02:40 AM
I watched the game from home.

I'm like a super, mega, ultra lame ass :D

tk13
09-12-2005, 02:43 AM
I watched the game from home.

I'm like a super, mega, ultra lame ass :D
Don't worry, I think that's pretty much true from wherever you watch the game. :p

David.
09-12-2005, 02:45 AM
Don't worry, I think that's pretty much true from wherever you watch the game. :p

well, there's that :shrug: :)

Skip Towne
09-12-2005, 04:14 AM
I'm always among the last to leave any sporting event I attend. But I'm always glad to see the exodus begin early as it ain't much fun when 80,000 people all try to hit the gates at once.

greg63
09-12-2005, 04:24 AM
I'm always among the last to leave any sporting event I attend. But I'm always glad to see the exodus begin early as it ain't much fun when 80,000 people all try to hit the gates at once.

Amen, my friend! :)

slivo6
09-12-2005, 10:36 AM
Well, if you did leave early for whatever reason....here's what you missed.

WilliamTheIrish
09-12-2005, 10:38 AM

Yea, the drunks tend to want to hitch a ride on those Rascal wheelchairs, don't they skip?

Saulbadguy
09-12-2005, 10:41 AM
It's a difference between getting out of the parking lot in 10 minutes instead of an hour.

Cochise
09-12-2005, 10:44 AM
We stayed until the end of the game and still got out of the lot in 10 minutes total probably. If you know how to get in and out it saves a lot of trouble.

Saulbadguy
09-12-2005, 10:46 AM
We stayed until the end of the game and still got out of the lot in 10 minutes total probably. If you know how to get in and out it saves a lot of trouble.
Thats interesting. I wouldn't know - I don't drive to the games. I'm pretty much at the mercy of the person with the keys. If it were up to me, i'd stay until the game was over, and then some. But it's not.

I certainly do not fault those who choose to leave early. They paid for the ticket, they can do stay as long as they damn well please.

redhed
09-12-2005, 11:08 AM
I left (Arrowhead) early, and then we had a lovely post-game t/g for another hour. You can rest assured if the game was on the line, the crowd would've been there in full voice. So pucker up, buttercup.

ct
09-12-2005, 11:27 AM

Hell yeah!! I only get to 1 game a year, and this was it. My wife especially was totally disgusted with the walkouts, a major pet peeve of hers. It's not uncommon though, and that's really sad!

This Def has sucked so bad for 3+ years, and here they are playing well, and making some big plays, and you walkout on a shutout in the works? BS!!

I had to stand up and tell the dozens of chumps waiting for the line up the aisle to start moving again, that "I guess none of you real fans want to respect your new defense on to a shutout!!" Didn't get a peep out of anyone!

Saulbadguy
09-12-2005, 11:31 AM
Hell yeah!! I only get to 1 game a year, and this was it. My wife especially was totally disgusted with the walkouts, a major pet peeve of hers. It's not uncommon though, and that's really sad!

This Def has sucked so bad for 3+ years, and here they are playing well, and making some big plays, and you walkout on a shutout in the works? BS!!

I had to stand up and tell the dozens of chumps waiting for the line up the aisle to start moving again, that "I guess none of you real fans want to respect your new defense on to a shutout!!" Didn't get a peep out of anyone!
Hey now, you are the one only going to the games once a year.

jspchief
09-12-2005, 11:33 AM
I stayed for the entire game, and still partied in the lot afterwards, but I don't blame people for leaving. It was a blowout and it was hot as f*ck.

Phobia
09-12-2005, 11:56 AM
I stayed for the entire game, and still partied in the lot afterwards, but I don't blame people for leaving. It was a blowout and it was hot as f*ck.

Where were you? Redhead and I walked all up and down that lot looking for you.

greg63
09-12-2005, 11:57 AM
Thats interesting. I wouldn't know - I don't drive to the games. I'm pretty much at the mercy of the person with the keys. If it were up to me, i'd stay until the game was over, and then some. But it's not.

I certainly do not fault those who choose to leave early. They paid for the ticket, they can do stay as long as they damn well please.
Excellent point! I watched it on tape in the comfort of my folk’s living room, but if I were there (especially in the nose bleed section) roasting in the sun I probably would have done the same thing. I don't believe that makes me or anyone who left early less of a fan. IMO

redhed
09-12-2005, 12:16 PM

+ what phobs said.

Brock
09-12-2005, 12:41 PM

They probably figured you just had your first beer.

jspchief
09-12-2005, 12:54 PM
Where were you? Redhead and I walked all up and down that lot looking for you.Really? Damn.

We got on the road about a 1/2 hour late so didn't get to the stadium until 9. That strip of grass was all full, so we had to park across the road and further up towards Nzoner.

Sorry I missed you guys. We had plenty of booze to go around, and plenty of shade too. Hopefully in the future I'll get there early enough to get my usual spot.

Phobia
09-12-2005, 12:58 PM
Ah. That explains it. We didn't go up high enough, then. We met the group of people from Iowa who have a shelter like yours. They know you but said they hadn't seen you yet.