Coach
09-11-2005, 02:20 PM
Nice game for you guys.

Boy did we suck.

And Hard at that.

Count Zarth
09-11-2005, 02:20 PM
Taco what happened to your great D?

Did they run into the juggernaut offensive MACHINE of Miami?

Lzen
09-11-2005, 02:22 PM
Good game, Donks. ROFL

Darkwolfe
09-11-2005, 02:23 PM
Dolphins had horsemeat for lunch.

COchief
09-11-2005, 02:23 PM
TJ how did you like the plummint when # 99 from the Dolphins gave Jake a little love on the runback? Did your television survive that last second fumble return for a touchdown? Tell us how you feel right now.

Pitt Gorilla
09-11-2005, 02:24 PM
How did the Cleveland Castoffs perform?

Darkwolfe
09-11-2005, 02:25 PM
TJ how did you like the plummint when # 99 from the Dolphins gave Jake a little love on the runback? Did your television survive that last second fumble return for a touchdown? Tell us how you feel right now.

Heh heh, if he does answer it won't be the truth. :p

Mr. Kotter
09-11-2005, 02:27 PM
It's a long season. Just beat Marty next week, okay.

That way you won't start, 0-3. :D

ROYC75
What's this, no spin from TJ.

KCJake

ROFL

Garcia Bronco
09-11-2005, 02:29 PM
How did the Cleveland Castoffs perform?

The run defense kicked ass...what killed us was the offense and a complete lack of execution. The TOP in the first half wasn't even close...our defense spent way to much time on the field...by the 4th quarter in what was shown as 118 degree heat on the field...they had nothing left...

"I really think our defense got out of the game for the same reason they got out of the game last season...weak offensive production. Our defense spent way to much time on the field in the first half with all the 3 and outs our pitful offense was turning in......the play calling is cute with a complete lack of protection for our defense."

-Garcia Bronco

-from another thread...on another board

Taco John
09-11-2005, 02:29 PM

Our Defense was fine... They just didn't get enough time on the sidelines to recuperate. It was 115 degrees on the field and we couldn't sustain a drive on offense.

KevB
09-11-2005, 02:31 PM
I thought today Lelie would step up and begin to become their go to WR. 2 catches? What happened Garcia?

Frazod
09-11-2005, 02:35 PM
Our Defense was fine... They just didn't get enough time on the sidelines to recuperate. It was 115 degrees on the field and we couldn't sustain a drive on offense.

I always love it when you guys get kicked in the balls by heat and humidity early in the season. In a perfect world, you'd have early road games against Miami, Tampa Bay and Jacksonville every year. :D

Taco John
09-11-2005, 02:35 PM
He sucked... Plummer sucked... Kubiak sucked... Those were the biggest problems on offense...

Rod was a stud, as usual.

Garcia Bronco
09-11-2005, 02:36 PM
I thought today Lelie would step up and begin to become their go to WR. 2 catches? What happened Garcia?

Everything that could go wrong did...bad throws to him...drops...one I swore he caught and they called incomplete...he slowed down when he should have spead up...just a cluster funk.

Count Zarth
09-11-2005, 02:37 PM
Taco, you said the Broncos were the best looking team in the AFC West coming out of preseason.

Have you changed your opinion?

Garcia Bronco
09-11-2005, 02:38 PM
I always love it when you guys get kicked in the balls by heat and humidity early in the season. In a perfect world, you'd have early road games against Miami, Tampa Bay and Jacksonville every year. :D

Don't forget in KC in december

Pants
09-11-2005, 02:38 PM
Everything that could go wrong did...bad throws to him...drops...one I swore he caught and they called incomplete...he slowed down when he should have spead up...just a cluster funk.

All I know is that I still don't want to play you guys at your house...

Deberg_1990
09-11-2005, 02:39 PM
He sucked... Plummer sucked... Kubiak sucked... Those were the biggest problems on offense...

Rod was a stud, as usual.

How come Kubiak and Shanahan were genious's back in 1997-1998 but they suck now?? Its all about the playmakers man. Coaches can only do so much as we painfully learned last season.

Brock
09-11-2005, 02:42 PM
They just didn't get enough time on the sidelines to recuperate. It was 115 degrees on the field

Awww....it was too hot..... :rolleyes:

Mile High Mania
09-11-2005, 02:43 PM
That was just insane... I can't even explain the loss in Miami... unreal.

penchief
09-11-2005, 02:44 PM
by the 4th quarter in what was shown as 118 degree heat on the field...they had nothing left...

Too bad the air wasn't thin.

Frazod
09-11-2005, 02:46 PM

I can explain it.

You guys SUCK. ROFL

Taco John
09-11-2005, 02:47 PM
Taco, you said the Broncos were the best looking team in the AFC West coming out of preseason.

Have you changed your opinion?

Uh no... The Broncos were the best looking team coming out of the preseason you fuq stick.

J Diddy
09-11-2005, 02:48 PM
[QUOTE=frazod]I can explain it.

You guys SUCK. ROFL[/
QUOTE]

Spoken so eloquently.

That's why I like you.

Mile High Mania
09-11-2005, 02:50 PM
I can explain it.

You guys SUCK. ROFL

We'll see what happens in 2 weeks there, hot shot...

Iowanian
So...Is Chump Bailey Hurt? Looked like a shoulder to me?

Think he'll be back in time to get smoked by your favorite man, Kennison?

OldTownChief
Our Defense was fine...

Moron

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/8895/tjsig8xr.jpg

Frazod
We'll see what happens in 2 weeks there, hot shot...

Yes, we will. :grr:

tiptap
09-11-2005, 02:55 PM
So the advantage that Denver gets playing at mile high the Florida teams see a similar advantage playing in the heat and humidity. And I won't brag because KC has had a history of not doing well in the Miami humidity either. And we do play the Dolphins there.

Mile High Mania
09-11-2005, 03:08 PM
So...Is Chump Bailey Hurt? Looked like a shoulder to me?

Think he'll be back in time to get smoked by your favorite man, Kennison?

Shoulder? What gave it away... the 2 lb ice bag on his left shoulder with 4 feet of ace bandages wrapped around it?

keg in kc
09-11-2005, 03:15 PM
It's only one week.

I'm already starting to worry about next Sunday night at Oakland.

Maybe you guys went into Miami overconfident. Should be a fun one against San Diego next week.

Taco John
09-11-2005, 03:17 PM
Maybe you guys went into Miami overconfident. Should be a fun one against San Diego next week.

Nah... Overconfidence isn't a week one problem. We always struggle in Florida.

keg in kc
09-11-2005, 03:18 PM
Nah... Overconfidence isn't a week one problem. We always struggle in Florida.I thought I heard someone mention you'd never won in Miami during a highlights section. Still, this Miami team should be brutal. If there was ever going to be a slumpbuster, that should've been it.

Count Zarth
09-11-2005, 03:25 PM
Uh no... The Broncos were the best looking team coming out of the preseason you fuq stick.

OK, yes...but is it possible the way they looked meant ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?

Clearly, with the way the Raiders and Broncos lost, and the Chargers are losing....CLEARLY...The Chiefs are now the best looking team, no?

:)

Wallcrawler
09-11-2005, 03:31 PM
Chiefs suck in florida also. Havent been able to buy a win against the Dolphins or Jaguars the past few times they have been there.

And as far as I remember, the Chiefs track record in Denver isnt that great either, so I think Ill save my smack talk until the week before the Broncos come to Arrowhead where we usually kick their ass.

I expect to see the Chiefs win at Oakland, with Gun releasing the hounds on Kerry Collins, and then I hope they can pull one out in Denver, but they will have to be on top of their game in all aspects to get that one.

Halfcan
09-11-2005, 03:44 PM
So what is the surprise there taco bell- I predicted a win!!! Your the stupid mother f#cker!!!

Donkeys suck!!!!!

alanm
09-11-2005, 03:45 PM
You can be sooooooooooo cruel Tim. ROFL

the Talking Can
09-11-2005, 04:20 PM
the broncos are an embarrassment....but what do you expect with Plunger as your QB

Chief Chief
09-11-2005, 04:22 PM
Gee, the Donkos would have beat Miami soundly if only they would have drafted one more CB in the draft...

Chief Chief
09-11-2005, 04:23 PM
Where was Clarett when ya needed him?

Chief Chief
09-11-2005, 04:24 PM
I bet ol' Woody "The Pecker" Paige is purely pissed!!

Count Zarth
09-11-2005, 04:24 PM
the broncos are an embarrassment....but what do you expect with Plunger as your QB

What do you expect? I don't know. But you get....

22 out of 48 for 251 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT ROFL

Ultra Peanut
09-11-2005, 04:45 PM
Nice game for you guys.

Boy did we suck.This is way more fun than the neckdemon thread.

Iowanian
09-11-2005, 04:45 PM
Shoulder? What gave it away... the 2 lb ice bag on his left shoulder with 4 feet of ace bandages wrapped around it?

I didn't see the game, only a quick blip on the Tv..it was more of a question.

Separated? Dislocated? Broken Collar Bone?

Count Zarth
09-11-2005, 04:47 PM
Early reports say it is a dislocated shoulder. Could be out 3-6 weeks.

I have a hunch we won't have to face him.

dirk digler
09-11-2005, 04:54 PM
I told valipass earlier in the week that the Dolphins would win 56-3. I wasn't too far off even though I was joking.

Damn I'm good sometimes. :D

Count Zarth
09-11-2005, 04:56 PM
The Bronco fans at the Mane are already turning on Plummer after his abysmal game today:

Plummer will always be very raw in talent AT THE LEAST.
He is in full on panic mode everytime he touches the ball. He never looks calm or comfortable in the pocket or under center. He can hit his target maybe 40% of the time at best and today he played with ZERO heart. Granted our #1 PAPER defense sucked today. The debacle wasn't all Jake's fault but the fact remains he can't take us where we want to go. I watched him throw duck after duck today, behind receivers and over their heads, and many balls in the dirt. The guy throws 90mph screen passes. How is someone suppose to catch that? He has absolutely NO touch on his passes whatsoever. He will show you a glimpse maybe, but never any consistency. He didn't even look like he belonged on the field.

Bring in Van Pelt. He's the guy with the heart. The more experience we give him the better he will get. I watched every one of his games at CSU and he went from being asked to play defense, to starting quarterback, to a conference offensive player of the year. He's teachable, works hard as hell, and is never satisfied with his peformance. He's always trying to get better. He has much more athletic ability than Jake Plunker and will stand in the pocket tall and look for his target instead of running around like a p***Y and then thowing the ball 100mph into the dirt in front of his receivers.

Van Pelt is a natural born leader on the field and his teammates would thrive on it. He would bring some leadership to an offense that look pathetic today. Not once did Plummer look like he was in charge of the offense. He couldn't even hit a receiver on a screen pass. He either threw it too hard or off target. It was a joke.

I'll bet anyone my life that Jake Plunker doesn't QB and win a playoff game ever for the Broncos. He's got to be the most ERRATIC QB in the NFL.

Valiant
09-11-2005, 04:57 PM
The run defense kicked ass...what killed us was the offense and a complete lack of execution. The TOP in the first half wasn't even close...our defense spent way to much time on the field...by the 4th quarter in what was shown as 118 degree heat on the field...they had nothing left...

"I really think our defense got out of the game for the same reason they got out of the game last season...weak offensive production. Our defense spent way to much time on the field in the first half with all the 3 and outs our pitful offense was turning in......the play calling is cute with a complete lack of protection for our defense."

-Garcia Bronco

-from another thread...on another board

Umm I always hate that arguement.. They wore the D out, they were out there too long... The Offense would be tired also, that and Donks are suppose to be one of the best rotating D's out there...

Frazod
09-11-2005, 04:58 PM
The Bronco fans at the Mane are already turning on Plummer after his abysmal game today:

Cool. :evil:

BTW, nice work on the Drane today. That loss really sucked the life out of them. :D

Count Zarth
09-11-2005, 04:59 PM
Umm I always hate that arguement.. They wore the D out, they were out there too long... The Offense would be tired also, that and Donks are suppose to be one of the best rotating D's out there...

It's a bullshit argument.

Both teams ran 69 plays.

Miami had a 4:30 advantage in time of possession. Not that huge.

Count Zarth
09-11-2005, 04:59 PM
Cool. :evil:

BTW, nice work on the Drane today. That loss really sucked the life out of them. :D

I went easy on them, because in all honesty it's only week one. Garcia Bronco has an itchy trigger finger, though.

Ultra Peanut
09-11-2005, 05:09 PM
I SAID TO FEAR THE GHOST OF BRADLEE VAN PELT, DID I NOT?

the Talking Can
09-11-2005, 06:06 PM

and this why we love Bronco fans...Van Pelt is the next Barry Sanders!1!!1

Calcountry
09-11-2005, 06:47 PM
Nice game for you guys.

Boy did we suck.Wow, what a quality post.

TEX
09-11-2005, 06:47 PM

How did Bell look? Bailey? Did you happen to check out Portis? :hmmm:

It's still WAY EARLY, and you're not out of anything yet, but this is the worst by far your boys have looked this early in the season in almost forever. I LOVE IT! :p

Calcountry
09-11-2005, 06:49 PM

-Garcia Bronco

-from another thread...on another boardThank you GB, great post. Much more dignity in defeat than Taco man.

:thumb:

OldTownChief
09-11-2005, 06:50 PM

WHAT? You mean this pic hasn't popped up on the mane yet?

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/8895/tjsig8xr.jpg

Calcountry
09-11-2005, 06:50 PM
How did Bell look? Baily? Did you happen to check out Portis? :hmmm:

It's still WAY EARLY, and you're not out of anything yet, but this is the worst by far your boys have looked this early in the season in almost forever. I LOVE IT! :pAbout a month ago, I picked Denver to finish fourth this year, just behind the Raiders and the Chargers #1.

Injuries could change all that of course.

Calcountry
09-11-2005, 06:52 PM
WHAT? You mean this pic hasn't popped up on the mane yet?

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/8895/tjsig8xr.jpgNice. ROFL

Logical
09-11-2005, 06:57 PM
All I know is that I still don't want to play you guys at your house...

Exactly and I just want to say to both TJ and Garcia your sportsmanship today was outstanding. I would be suprised if half the people that post on this site would have the sportsmanship to do what you did in this thread today.

Count Zarth
09-11-2005, 07:03 PM
More stuff on Plummer. It's only week 1!! It took them half the season last year to turn on him. ROFL

In my opinion, Jake is very erratic. I see some people making excuses for him, but I saw these excuses made for Brian Griese, until it was very apparent to all he was a serious choker, and incapable of bringin a championship to the team.

I like Jake's heart, his determination, and his ability to lead. He can lead I think. But he is just horribly inaccurate. I would say about 50% of his passes are on, and the other half are just terrible. Either overthrown, thrown behind the receiver, no touch, and so on. The receivers make him look better than he is on some occasions. Rod saved his bacon today with a great catch thrown behind him. Others couldn't do so.

He can throw deep passes ironically enough, and accurately. Lelie was at fault for the missed TD, not Jake. But other than the deeper balls, Jake lacks something, not sure what. I am confused how he can be accurate for a game, and then just horrible the next. I don't know where you need to win 3 or 4 games in succession with a solid performance in each, if he will ever be able to string that many good games together consecutively. Therefor I doubt whether he will ever lead us far into the playoffs.

You can't really fault a defense for being unable to stop the offense, when they are on the field for such long stretches at a time, especially in such brutal weather. On the hot side of the field, wearing their blue unis. I felt bad for them. They did great going into the second half. But I think you can only do so much. Although I think the pass rush confused me. We were still unable to get to the QB, and were getting burned by the blitz.

We need a franchise QB to get to that next plateu. I don't think Jake is the long-term answer to any problems. I like him as a person, I really don't care for his inaccurate passes and poor decision making.

OldTownChief
09-11-2005, 07:09 PM
More stuff on Plummer. It's only week 1!! It took them half the season last year to turn on him. ROFL

ROFL I can just see the tears flowing from that posters face. ROFL

BTW - Get to work on the DJ slamming Chad pic in the avatar. I saw a few of those for sure.

Count Zarth
09-11-2005, 07:22 PM
Hopefully I can find a pic. CBS didnt have one.

Also:

1 for 12 3rd down coversions. 0 completions during the first 19 minutes of the game. 19!!! If you can't get pissed about that I can pretty much guarantee you'll never have high blood pressure and you have ice water running through your veins! You're staying way to calm IMO. Our scripted plays did squat for us. That IS a direct reflection of Shanny.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=705&dateline=1126475564

Saulbadguy
09-11-2005, 07:25 PM
Um..the defense was fine? I haven't seen the stats or anything, but 34 points were put on them, and 400 yards of offense, by the MIAMI DOLPHINS, with the worst offensive line in football.

Count Zarth
09-11-2005, 07:27 PM
Um..the defense was fine? I haven't seen the stats or anything, but 34 points were put on them, and 400 yards of offense, by the MIAMI DOLPHINS, with the worst offensive line in football.

The Phins D scored 7 points.

Denver's run D was good. The run game stats were somewhat blown up by a 60 yard reverse.

Their pass D was abysmal. 275 yards to Gus? Of course Bailey was out....

TEX
09-11-2005, 07:52 PM
Exactly and I just want to say to both TJ and Garcia your sportsmanship today was outstanding. I would be suprised if half the people that post on this site would have the sportsmanship to do what you did in this thread today.

I'd hold the kudos to a minimum because is EASY to be humble when you get your ass kicked. Wonder what would have happened if things were reversed?

Still, you are correct. Their sportsmanship, for whatever reason, was good.

Brock
09-11-2005, 08:27 PM

GFY

keg in kc
09-11-2005, 08:29 PM
GFYGood for you?

Go f*ck yourself?

You decide!

Count Zarth
09-11-2005, 08:29 PM
OM in meltdown mode!

I agree with everything you are saying about Lelie. He looked terrible. But I don't see how his performance was any worse than Jake's. I thought Jake looked like Bubby Brister on a poor day out there.

Let's be honest, Taco... you're looking for Jake to fail. He's the guy you're hard for, and that's fine. He had a bad game, but how could you expect anything else with no protection, absolutely no run game and a defense that can't even get in the way? Ashley dropped a TD in the endzone and fk'd up on another potential TD. One or both of those plays (that a pro should make) change the whole outlook of the game.

Whatever. I'm not looking for any Bronco to fail. You can go to hell for even insinuating that. And don't come to me with your "no protection" arguments. That's a laugh given the history we have in this discussion. You don't own that argument. You have no claim on it. You were the one who told us that protection didn't matter if your quarterback was mobile.

What about the lame duck 10 yard pass to Putz at the goaline. Not only did it wobble like retarded duck with one wing, it was two feet behind putz...AND IT WAS A 10 YARD DUMPOFF PASS! Was that Putz's fault? What about the 3rd and 5 and Jake throws the ball 120 mph on a slant to the slot receiver? Not only was it a bullet to a receiver 8 yards away, but it was 10 feet in the air. There were some drops, mainly Alexander, who couldn't catch a cold sitting in snow naked, but there were some really really piss poor passes. Jake couldn't even complete a god damn screen pass. It was pathetic. I officially want Jake gone. I don't care what records he puts up, I don't care what he does next week. The past 2 years, plus today is enough for me to give up on his worthless ass.

Count Zarth
09-11-2005, 08:31 PM
Hell, let's not stop there. We have a poser offensive set. The winged T is a better offense than what we run.

Mr. Kotter
09-11-2005, 08:38 PM

I agree with the sentiments, but would never, ever...say it under these circumstances. You've become a suck up, lately--what's with that?

I don't know who's butt you are kissin' more lately--De nise or TJ? :hmmm:

:p

Taco John
09-11-2005, 08:58 PM

It was 115 degrees on the field, and our defense had to play 12 full minutes of third down football... Our offense couldn't give them any breaks.

Taco John
09-11-2005, 09:00 PM
Thank you GB, great post. Much more dignity in defeat than Taco man.

:thumb:

Good For You.

Rausch
09-11-2005, 09:02 PM
It was 115 degrees on the field, and our defense had to play 12 full minutes of third down football... Our offense couldn't give them any breaks.

I hear Marty just called Shanny all pissed off.

He wants his 1995 Chiefs team back...

Brock
09-11-2005, 09:05 PM
I hear Marty just called Shanny all pissed off.

He wants his 1995 Chiefs team back...

Steve Bono > Jake Plummer

ChiTown
09-11-2005, 09:06 PM
The only close 2nd to todays monumental victory by the Chiefs was seeing the R aiders, Chargers and Donks going 0 fer for the week. ROFL

the Talking Can
09-11-2005, 09:06 PM
how did Fiedler put up 34 on the most amazing d in the league?

wait, who is QB for the Dolphins...Flutie? Vlasik?

Brock
09-11-2005, 09:07 PM
how did Fiedler put up 34 on the most amazing d in the league?

wait, who is QB for the Dolphins...Flutie? Vlasik?

I think it's Steve Beuerlein.

Iowanian
09-11-2005, 09:07 PM
Doesn't sound like they're very happy with Ashley Nash this week.....

the Talking Can
09-11-2005, 09:08 PM
Matt Blundin?

Demonpenz
09-11-2005, 09:09 PM
miami's D is tough with sam madison zach tomas and patrick surtann errr

the Talking Can
09-11-2005, 09:11 PM
miami's D is tough with sam madison zach tomas and patrick surtann errr

don't forget Knight..... ROFL

TEX
09-11-2005, 09:23 PM
From SI.Com Snap Shots...

• How long until Jake Plummer's act wears thinner than the air in Denver? Plummer stunk up the joint against the Dolphins, going almost 21 minutes into the game without completing a pass. He started the game against the Dolphins 0-for-6, and in truth, things didn't get a whole lot better.

• When Denver can't run the ball (70 yards on 20 carries, with one of those runs going for 30 yards), things sure go south in a hurry for the Broncos.

• It didn't take long for Denver to need its vaunted depth at running back. Starting halfback Mike Anderson didn't even make it out of the first quarter at Miami before suffering a rib injury. Tatum Bell, your number just got called, and you didn't really respond (47 yards on 13 carries, including a 30-yard run).

• It has come to this: defensive end Courtney Brown, inactive for the Broncos. New team, same sad underachieving story for the No. 1 overall pick in the 2000 NFL draft. Ron Dayne, the 11th selection in 2000, was also inactive for Denver at Miami. Think about that quinella when April rolls around and everybody in the NFL claims some sort of draft expertise.

:doh!:

Dave Lane
09-11-2005, 09:41 PM
From SI.Com Snap Shots..

•defensive end Courtney Brown, inactive for the Broncos. New team, same sad underachieving story for the No. 1 overall pick in the 2000 NFL draft. Ron Dayne, the 11th selection in 2000, was also inactive for Denver at Miami. Think about that quinella when April rolls around and everybody in the NFL claims some sort of draft expertise.

WOW just wow.

Dave

whoman69
09-11-2005, 10:04 PM
From SI.Com Snap Shots...
• How long until Jake Plummer's act wears thinner than the air in Denver? Plummer stunk up the joint against the Dolphins, going almost 21 minutes into the game without completing a pass. He started the game against the Dolphins 0-for-6, and in truth, things didn't get a whole lot better.

:doh!:
We can trade Huard to them. If you're going to have a QB that sucks, better that you pay him like we pay Huard.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
09-11-2005, 10:14 PM

Nice try for an excuse........ BUT

Donks- TOP: 27:42
# of Plays- 69

Dolphins- TOP: 32:18
# of Plays- 69

So a 4 minute difference in TOP does not indicate the Donks D being on the field for so long that they suffered from it.

keg in kc
09-11-2005, 10:16 PM
I wonder how many times we saw the "our offense couldn't sustain a drive, so our defense wore down" excuse here in the last four years? Eerily familiar.

Rudy lost the toss
09-11-2005, 10:19 PM
I just want to point out that the redskins won... PBJ

keg in kc
09-11-2005, 10:21 PM
I just want to point out that the redskins won... And Clinton Portis ran for 121 yards. Nice seeing that.

chefsos
09-11-2005, 10:22 PM
I just want to point out that the redskins won... PBJ

Hoo boy, I'll bet that was a brutal slap-fight vs. the Cubs, er, Bears.

ChiefsCountry
09-11-2005, 10:23 PM
Donks must want Leinart really bad.

SBK
09-11-2005, 11:14 PM
Donks must want Leinart really bad.

If they keep playing the way they did today there gonna have 2 really high draft picks. ROFL

I think though that they'll end up with one in the top 5, cause the Redskins friggin suck.

Taco John
09-11-2005, 11:17 PM
Nice try for an excuse........ BUT

Donks- TOP: 27:42
# of Plays- 69

Dolphins- TOP: 32:18
# of Plays- 69

So a 4 minute difference in TOP does not indicate the Donks D being on the field for so long that they suffered from it.

Did you see the game? Didn't think so. But nice stats anyway.

Our defense played 12 minutes of the third quarter on a 115 degree field. Prior to that, they had held them to 6 points.

Count Zarth
09-11-2005, 11:21 PM
Taco's right. That's brutal.

SPchief
09-11-2005, 11:21 PM
Spin taco spin

:)

Saul Good
09-11-2005, 11:22 PM
Early reports say it is a dislocated shoulder. Could be out 3-6 weeks.

I have a hunch we won't have to face him.

I saw a report that it's AIDS.

Ebolapox
09-11-2005, 11:23 PM
...you fuq stick.

you act like a guy whose team got beat by the dolphins....

errr... wait... nevermind

-EB-

Count Zarth
09-11-2005, 11:23 PM
I saw a report that it's AIDS.

EVERYONE HAS AIDS!

AIDS AIDS AIDS!

Saul Good
09-11-2005, 11:24 PM
Wow, what a quality post.

Let's give TJ some rep for finally getting it right.

Count Zarth
09-12-2005, 12:00 AM
Oh man.... ROFL

I think the league office needs to take a serious look at the way home teams manipulate the rules to maximize climate advantages.

Why are home teams allowed to use their road uniforms when playing home games? Especially when it's an obvious move to place the visiting team at a further disadvantage?

The Jaguars did it to the Broncos last year, the Chargers tried to do it, and the Dolphins did it this week. (The only reason the Chargers didn't get away with it was because Shanahan "forgot" to have the equipment staff pack the home blues.) T

he Dolphins can't do anything about the heat & humidity any more than the Broncos can thicken the air in Denver. When both teams have to deal with the same conditions, that's fair. But when the home team forces the visitors into their home colors, I call it blatant cheating.

Everyone who's ever lived in a southern state knows the effect of wearing dark colors in the sun. It's time for the league office to address this issue.

We lost because we wore Dark jerseys! WAAAAAAAAH!

Miles
09-12-2005, 12:02 AM
Oh man.... ROFL

Brilliant ROFL

Count Zarth
09-12-2005, 12:05 AM
HA!

I'm going to give Lenny Walls a pass on the 65-yard scoring throw to Chambers.

Under the circumstances, I'm impressed that Lenny was able to go back on the field at all. Reluctant kudos to the Dolphins for spotting that and going right after him.

(Their doing so also proves my earlier point that forcing the Broncos into dark colors was done deliberately for a competitive advantage. IE, cheating.)

tk13
09-12-2005, 12:06 AM
Oh man.... ROFL

We lost because we wore Dark jerseys! WAAAAAAAAH!
ROFL That's great. I'm afraid that no matter what colors the jerseys are, Jake still isn't going to throw the football to the right one.

mnchiefsguy
09-12-2005, 12:09 AM
If I recall...didn't the Broncos "accidentially" bring the wrong uni's to San Diego a year or two ago...forcing the chargers to wear dark blue, when the Chargers had chosen white for that week?

tk13
09-12-2005, 12:09 AM
HA!
Yeah, that was the play that really killed them. Broncos had just fought their way back into the game, and first play, Marty Booker leaves tread marks on Walls and Lynch as he flys right past them.

Count Zarth
09-12-2005, 12:15 AM
ROFL ROFL ROFL :LOL: :LOL:

Let's turn it around and look at it this way. Same question, inverse circumstances. Instead of Miami in September, look at Buffalo -- or even Denver -- in December.

If the Broncos' choice of home uniforms meant that the visiting team *had* to wear uniforms that left their players more exposed to the cold, would that be fair?

When your DBs went down with hypothermia while ours were just fine, would you accept that and say "Oh, it's part of the game, don't make excuses"?

David.
09-12-2005, 12:42 AM
oh, the mane is cracking me up.

I see threads where they're blaming their loss on the color of their jersey

ROFL

WOW, I'm..I...just...wow

Count Zarth
09-12-2005, 12:46 AM
http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/drew/090905drew.gif

David.
09-12-2005, 12:53 AM
oh, the mane is cracking me up.

I see threads where they're blaming their loss on the color of their jersey

ROFL

WOW, I'm..I...just...wow

welcome to 2nd place :(

KcMizzou
09-12-2005, 12:57 AM
ROFL ROFL ROFL :LOL: :LOL: Oh wow. Now that is reaching.

ROFL

David.
09-12-2005, 01:04 AM
the more time passes by

the more it is obvious

Elway and Bowlen obviously soled their soul to the devil in exchange for 2 in a row, now we are cursed to never more sniff the wonderful rewards of winning...forever cursed to mire in mediocrity

Shanny never had it. It was a pipe dream and the smoke was in our eyes. He had Elway, and pulled a diamond out of his ass in TD. It was nothing Shanny did, TD worked his ass off to prove to the world what he was. Elway is well, the best ever. As far as I'm concerned shamaplan can nimble on my ass with his rat teeth and take his minime oline to the cfl where someone might enjoy it.

I'd take Griese and his dog over plummer right now.

some gems from the bronco fans at the mange ROFL

too much

Count Zarth
09-12-2005, 01:07 AM
SHAMAPLAN! ROFL

Mile High Mania
09-12-2005, 06:13 AM
Wow ... I haven't looked at many threads over there, but some of these clips sound a bit wild assed. Simply put, Denver just got whipped... there were a few moments when things looked good, but damn.... it was just bad.

If they play like that next week vs the Chargers... it's gonna be a long effing season.

Bob Dole
09-12-2005, 06:28 AM
Yeah, that was the play that really killed them. Broncos had just fought their way back into the game, and first play, Marty Booker leaves tread marks on Walls and Lynch as he flys right past them.

Watching the replay makes one think that Parker may have a big game in a couple of weeks...

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
09-12-2005, 08:02 AM
Did you see the game? Didn't think so. But nice stats anyway.

Our defense played 12 minutes of the third quarter on a 115 degree field. Prior to that, they had held them to 6 points.

Actually watched the entire game....... use the "12 minute 3rd quarter" excuse all you want, but it did not affect the Donks in the 4th qtr. With the exception of the ONE PLAY 60 yard TD to Booker the Dolphins went 3 and out the 2 other times they had the ball in the 4th qtr. The Donks held a 5 minute advantage in TOP during the 4th qtr. So your reasoning that they were gassed does not really hold up here. If they were so tired about being on the field for so long it didn't really show in the 4th.

I know it stings, but when your team isn't as good as an undeafeted PRESEASON makes you think they are, and they go get beat by a weak Miami team, and a wall-headbutting journeyman QB the stand up thing to do is just admit it and not make outrageaus excuses!

dirk digler
09-12-2005, 08:09 AM
If I recall...didn't the Broncos "accidentially" bring the wrong uni's to San Diego a year or two ago...forcing the chargers to wear dark blue, when the Chargers had chosen white for that week?

yep.

Funny how that works.

Lzen
09-12-2005, 08:12 AM
Cheating? Donks fans call making the opposing team wear dark (home) unis cheating? Ha, the Donks have absolutely no right to talk about cheating. How about Vaseline? Or the salary cap? Or Shanny not bringing his home color unis to SD like mnchiefsguy mentioned? Or chop blocking? Oh but that's not cheating, right TJ? :rolleyes: Keep whinin' Donkeys. Keep whinin'

Rausch
09-12-2005, 08:18 AM
Wow ... I haven't looked at many threads over there, but some of these clips sound a bit wild assed. Simply put, Denver just got whipped... there were a few moments when things looked good, but damn.... it was just bad.

If they play like that next week vs the Chargers... it's gonna be a long effing season.

There's a good chance that the first team to go 0-2 in the division might already be out of the playoff hunt.

With a nearly identical schedule every division game is huge...

Mile High Mania
09-12-2005, 08:24 AM
There's a good chance that the first team to go 0-2 in the division might already be out of the playoff hunt.

Possibly, but I'm not going to panick after week 1.

Lzen
09-12-2005, 08:36 AM

Raiduhs? :D

TEX
09-12-2005, 08:40 AM

That was so cool! ROFL

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-12-2005, 08:43 AM
Nice game for you guys.

Boy did we suck.
Yes... yes you did. But to borrow a line from Tinlar... it's not whether you win or lose... it's whether WE win or lose... and WE WON!

PBJ

Saul Good
09-12-2005, 10:16 AM

The Raiders have to go to Philadelphia week 3. If the Chiefs win in week 2, the Raiders are 2 down with a tough game ahead. Raiders love to throw in the towel. It might happen in week 4 this year if everything breaks right.

If the Chiefs beat the Raiders and Broncos in weeks 2 and 3, it is very likely that both teams will be 0-3 after week 3 and 3 games behind us with home losses to us. This would eliminate both teams from the division barring something crazy happening. Denver could win next week at home against the Chargers. If that happened, the Chiefs could have a 2 game lead in the division after week 3 with 3 out of 4 remaining division games at home and holding road wins against 2 of the 3 divisional opponents.

It's not a crazy scenario considering the way the teams looked in week 1. The Broncos are toast if Bailey misses 3-4 weeks (or even if he doesn't.) It's still too early to tell what the Raiders and Chargers will do from here on, but if the Chiefs win in Oakland, we could blow this division open early.

vailpass
09-12-2005, 10:49 AM
I told valipass earlier in the week that the Dolphins would win 56-3. I wasn't too far off even though I was joking.

Damn I'm good sometimes. :D

Good call Dirk, joking or not you damn near hit it on the head.
Who woulda thunk it? I can take a loss to Miami, my bigger concern is whether Champ and Mike Anderson are injured and how long they will be out.
Next week will tell a little more about whether Denver is that bad or if the Miami curse (0-7 now not counting the Superbowl victory) is to blame.
IMHO the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Congrats on a strong opening performance by KC. LJ has a fothermucking 5th gear, Priest can still smell end zone. I heard some commentators saying Pennington just had a bad game but you don't have that many turnovers/errors without a lot of defensive pressure being applied. Props to KC for looking good in week one.
Hopefully Surtain is alright, I haven't seen a status nhis injury.

Mile High Mania
09-12-2005, 10:52 AM
The Raiders have to go to Philadelphia week 3. If the Chiefs win in week 2, the Raiders are 2 down with a tough game ahead. Raiders love to throw in the towel. It might happen in week 4 this year if everything breaks right.

If the Chiefs beat the Raiders and Broncos in weeks 2 and 3, it is very likely that both teams will be 0-3 after week 3 and 3 games behind us with home losses to us. This would eliminate both teams from the division barring something crazy happening. Denver could win next week at home against the Chargers. If that happened, the Chiefs could have a 2 game lead in the division after week 3 with 3 out of 4 remaining division games at home and holding road wins against 2 of the 3 divisional opponents.

It's not a crazy scenario considering the way the teams looked in week 1. The Broncos are toast if Bailey misses 3-4 weeks (or even if he doesn't.) It's still too early to tell what the Raiders and Chargers will do from here on, but if the Chiefs win in Oakland, we could blow this division open early.

Make it out of Oakland with a win before you get too crezzy.

Taco John
09-12-2005, 11:11 AM
Cheating? Donks fans call making the opposing team wear dark (home) unis cheating? Ha, the Donks have absolutely no right to talk about cheating. How about Vaseline? Or the salary cap? Or Shanny not bringing his home color unis to SD like mnchiefsguy mentioned? Or chop blocking? Oh but that's not cheating, right TJ? :rolleyes: Keep whinin' Donkeys. Keep whinin'

You don't know what you're talking about. We don't chop block. We leave that to the Priest Holmes of this world.

Rausch
09-12-2005, 11:16 AM
Possibly, but I'm not going to panick after week 1.

And I'm not making reservations in Detroit.

But the first two division games played will go a long way to deciding who wins the division.

The Chiefs are banged up on defense, the Raiders looked like dirt the 2nd half of their game, Denver didn't impress much in a loss, and the Chargers have already dropped a home game.

No team in this division can afford to start 0-2 against its rivals...

Mile High Mania
09-12-2005, 11:19 AM
And I'm not making reservations in Detroit.

But the first two division games played will go a long way to deciding who wins the division.

The Chiefs are banged up on defense, the Raiders looked like dirt the 2nd half of their game, Denver didn't impress much in a loss, and the Chargers have already dropped a home game.

No team in this division can afford to start 0-2 against its rivals...

True, but that's the case in most divisions...

Chiefs Pantalones
09-12-2005, 11:25 AM
Wow, we don't even play the Donks this week and crap has already started! ROFL

Mile High Mania
09-12-2005, 11:26 AM
Wow, we don't even play the Donks this week and crap has already started! ROFL

Just a short 2 weeks away...

The joy for me would be KC losing at Oakland and at Denver - quite possible, with Denver winning at home vs SD and then KC.

Dartgod
09-12-2005, 11:45 AM
So help me catch up here. Is Jake Plummer still a playmaker?

You guys are idiots who don't recognize that Plummer has playmaker ability... That's his whole gig. he makes plays. He doesn't neccessarily have the best measurables... But the thing he does is make plays...

It's as if you have no clue outside your own team...

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=325658&highlight=playmaker+plummer#post325658

Mr. Kotter
09-12-2005, 12:12 PM
So help me catch up here. Is Jake Plummer still a playmaker?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=325658&highlight=playmaker+plummer#post325658

Yeah, this one is pretty good too....

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=21928