PDA

View Full Version : The Church Backfield

HolyHandgernade
09-11-2005, 04:01 PM
“I call us the Church Backfield,” Johnson said after the game. “Priest prays over them and I bury them.“

Boise_Chief
09-11-2005, 04:02 PM
ha ha Perfect!!!

Scorp
I am not hatin on Priest but he hasn't looked very good to me so far.

Reaper16
Can I get an AMEN?

Hog Rider
09-11-2005, 04:03 PM
This victory brought to you by "Johnson and Johnson"

KcMizzou
09-11-2005, 04:05 PM
I am not hatin on Priest but he hasn't looked very good to me so far.I think Priest has looked good. It's just that LJ has looked unbelievable.

Takes quite a performance to make Priest Holmes seem average.

suds79
09-11-2005, 04:06 PM

I disagree. IMO Priest looked pretty good today. It's just that LJ looked great.

But things are so good right now with both, in that we can run the ball a lot more times without burning a guy out, why even start the comparisons?

Lets just enjoy the 1-2 punch not many have seen before.

Scorp
09-11-2005, 04:08 PM
I disagree. IMO Priest looked pretty good today. It's just that LJ looked great.

But things are so good right now with both, in that we can run the ball a lot more times without burning a guy out, why even start the comparisons?

Lets just enjoy the 1-2 punch not many have seen before.

I totally agree with the 1-2 punch thing, Priest just looks tentative to me is all.

keg in kc
09-11-2005, 04:09 PM
Priest didn't have much running room once Roaf was out. We couldn't run to the right at all, Bober was getting manhandled, and Black was up-and-down. I doubt LJ would have done a whole lot more under the same circumstances.

Now that I think about it, that may have had an impact on Kris Wilson in the gameplan. We were in 2 TE with Dunn an awful lot. And we needed to do that under the circumstances.

2bikemike
09-11-2005, 04:11 PM
I think Priest has looked good. It's just that LJ has looked unbelievable.

Takes quite a performance to make Priest Holmes seem average.

LJ was a monster today with a 12.2 yd/carry
Priest was just ok with just under 4 yds/carry

But I definately like the Church backfield.

4th and Long
09-11-2005, 04:43 PM
Please see an optometrist immediately.

bringbackmarty
09-11-2005, 04:49 PM
that td that wasn't really a td was still pretty cool. Priest is a stud, he loosened the jets run d like some wd 40 and an impact wrench on a rusty bolt, then johnson was like hitting the same rusty loosened bolt with a sledgehammer.

Thig Lyfe
09-11-2005, 04:54 PM
The Church Backfield... that could become our equivalent of the Steel Curtain.

tiptap
09-11-2005, 04:55 PM
Priest didn't have much running room once Roaf was out. We couldn't run to the right at all, Bober was getting manhandled, and Black was up-and-down. I doubt LJ would have done a whole lot more under the same circumstant

LJ provided the 3rd touchdown with Roaf out of the game in the third quarter. Did you miss that drive? LJ ran over two guys for the TD covering 10 yds or so to paydirt. He TRUCKED them. He is built for the inbetween tackle runs. He is good at the stretch. Priest is the animal on the stretch and good inbetween tackle. The problem is not Priest in playing Oakland. It will be the lost of Roaf and Sampson. The stretch plays aren't there so we have to run inbetween tackles and LJ is just a beast there.

Valiant
09-11-2005, 05:00 PM

yeah those first two carries were garbage... :shake:

Thig Lyfe
09-11-2005, 05:03 PM
Priest's YPC went down around the time Roaf left the game.

ChiefsCountry
09-11-2005, 05:05 PM
Priest lost 11 yards on the last series, screwed my fantasy team up.

4th and Long
09-11-2005, 05:06 PM
Priest lost 11 yards on the last series, screwed my fantasy team up.
:deevee:

:p

We ran laterally too much in the last series because no one was blocking the corner with a damn.