PDA

View Full Version : Sucks worse: Tynes or Sunday Ticket blackouts?

Bob Dole
09-11-2005, 07:41 PM
:cuss:

Wouldn't it be nice if Tynes could get a sufficient combination of height and distance on his kickoffs so our coverage guys could get downfield before the return guy was at the 20 with a full head of steam? And wouldn't it be nice if you didn't have to close your eyes every time the moron lined up for a field goal attempt or extra point?

And wouldn't it be nice if after paying $200 for Sunday Ticket and $4.99 a month for a DVR, you could actually see the entire ****ing football game when you got home at 4:30pm?

Thanks to the blackout, the 4+ hour Sunday Ticket recording had 150 seconds worth of pre-game commercials and 20 minutes worth of post-game scores, while the CBS recording cut off at exactly 3 hours.

Bob Dole can't decide which sucks worse: Lawrence Tynes or the NFL Sunday Ticket idiotic blackout policy.

Mr. Laz
09-11-2005, 07:43 PM
sunday ticket sucks worse ... higher expectations

tommykat
09-11-2005, 07:47 PM
Being at the game, as I have no voice, I yelled to beat all..TURN IN YOUR FAULKING SHOE per CP request!

Logical
09-11-2005, 07:54 PM

Thanks to the blackout, the 4+ hour Sunday Ticket recording had 150 seconds worth of pre-game commercials and 20 minutes worth of post-game scores, while the CBS recording cut off at exactly 3 hours.

Bob Dole can't decide which sucks worse: Lawrence Tynes or the NFL Sunday Ticket idiotic blackout policy.I am lost why were you blacked out. We got the full game.

Deberg_1990
09-11-2005, 07:58 PM
The NFL has some Assanine policy of blacking out the game in the local area on the SUnday TIcket channels. Then, to make matter worse, if the local game runs long, you miss the first 15-30 minutes of the local 3PM game. Sucky policy...especially after you pay $200+ bones.

cdcox
09-11-2005, 07:59 PM
I am lost why were you blacked out. We got the full game.

If his local affiliate is broadcasting the game the DTV feed gets blacked out. Even if they switch part way through the game. After paying $200 bucks, you think you would get to see all the games. I hate it because the local channels barely come in here and the satellite that carries them for DTV is blocked by some trees in my back yard.

Phobia
09-11-2005, 08:00 PM
The NFL has some Assanine policy of blacking out the game in the local area on the SUnday TIcket channels. Then, to make matter worse, if the local game runs long, you miss the first 15-30 minutes of the local 3PM game. Sucky policy...especially after you pay $200+ bones.

It's designed so local advertisers can get the full bang for their buck on the nationally televised games.

Deberg_1990
09-11-2005, 08:02 PM
It's designed so local advertisers can get the full bang for their buck on the nationally televised games.

I can understand this, but when the early game runs long, they should at least show the late game on the Sunday Ticket channels until the early game is over. Just my opinion....

Bob Dole
09-11-2005, 08:02 PM
I am lost why were you blacked out. We got the full game.

Because the game was aired on the local CBS affiliate.

On the bright side, Bob Dole might actually get to derive a benefit from his $200 expenditure week 4...

Bob Dole
09-11-2005, 08:18 PM

God forbid they design something so the local consumer can get the full bang for their buck by actually getting to view what is essentially a pay-per-view event...

keg in kc
09-11-2005, 08:25 PM
I'm starting to think he looks like field goal jesus next to Matt Stover.

cdcox
09-11-2005, 08:27 PM
I can understand this, but when the early game runs long, they should at least show the late game on the Sunday Ticket channels until the early game is over. Just my opinion....

I cannot understand this. If the local affiliate wants to black out my Sunday Ticket, they can refund that portion of my $200. My guess is they would decide the advertizing revenue wasn't worth it to them. Just my opinion...

chief52
09-11-2005, 08:28 PM
God forbid they design something so the local consumer can get the full bang for their buck by actually getting to view what is essentially a pay-per-view event...

Unfortunately the advertisers run professional sports. It really sucks for people that live in their team's home town. All of their games will be blacked out on DirecTV.

Logical
09-11-2005, 08:38 PM
If his local affiliate is broadcasting the game the DTV feed gets blacked out. Even if they switch part way through the game. After paying $200 bucks, you think you would get to see all the games. I hate it because the local channels barely come in here and the satellite that carries them for DTV is blocked by some trees in my back yard.I know but doesn't he get his local affiliate? I usually record both the local affiliate and the Sunday Ticket Channel with my Tivo in case they change their mind about which game they will show. Prevents missing the game.

Bob Dole
09-11-2005, 08:53 PM
I know but doesn't he get his local affiliate? I usually record both the local affiliate and the Sunday Ticket Channel with my Tivo in case they change their mind about which game they will show. Prevents missing the game.

Bob Dole <b>did</b> record both.

Unfortunately, the recording of the CBS affilaite broadcast cut off at exactly 3 hours and the game did not, while the Sunday Ticket broadcast did not come back from blackout until after the game ended.

chiefs4me
09-11-2005, 09:27 PM
Hmmmm, makes little ole me feel better just knowing that even Bod Dole has troubles.....;)

Logical
09-11-2005, 10:00 PM
Bob Dole did record both.

Unfortunately, the recording of the CBS affilaite broadcast cut off at exactly 3 hours and the game did not, while the Sunday Ticket broadcast did not come back from blackout until after the game ended.Oh, I see I thought you missed most of the game, but you got most of it only missing a little of the 4th quarter. If it is any consolation you missed almost nothing interesting.

Bob Dole
09-12-2005, 06:35 AM
Oh, I see I thought you missed most of the game, but you got most of it only missing a little of the 4th quarter. If it is any consolation you missed almost nothing interesting.

Not really any consolation at all, since Bob Dole had to write the $113 check to DirecTV immediately after <i>not</i> getting to see the last 1:45 or so of the game...

morphius
09-12-2005, 07:43 AM
One would think that instead of blacking it out on that channel they could just show the local CBS feed where avaialable...

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-12-2005, 08:03 AM
I don't understand why so many kickers suck so damn badly... all they have to do in practice is kick. All they have to do in a game is kick. If they want to go in the back yard and perfect their skills at any time, they can. They don't need a whole team of guys around them to really work on it. They do one ****ing thing... and so many of them still can't ****ing do it right!

I voted for Tynes because I've never had Sunday ticket to compare with.

morphius
09-12-2005, 08:08 AM
I don't understand why so many kickers suck so damn badly... all they have to do in practice is kick. All they have to do in a game is kick. If they want to go in the back yard and perfect their skills at any time, they can. They don't need a whole team of guys around them to really work on it. They do one ****ing thing... and so many of them still can't ****ing do it right!

Yup, Jano missed one, the ravens guy missed 3, the Jets kicker had one blocked, Tynes of course missed one. It was just amazing how many kickers missed this week.

Skip Towne
09-12-2005, 08:10 AM

I agree, field goal kicking is easy. You should become one.

Saulbadguy
09-12-2005, 08:11 AM
I did not see the game. Didn't Tynes make 2/3 field goals?

Were his kickoffs that bad?

Frosty
09-12-2005, 08:30 AM
Bob Dole <b>did</b> record both.

Unfortunately, the recording of the CBS affilaite broadcast cut off at exactly 3 hours and the game did not

I have gotten in the habit of adding a 1/2 hour to any TIVO-ed game, for overruns or overtime. It would be nice if TIVO was smart enough to know the game wasn't over yet but it only records what's in the scheduled timeframe.

Mr. Laz
09-12-2005, 08:40 AM
I did not see the game. Didn't Tynes make 2/3 field goals?

Were his kickoffs that bad?
no ... his kickoffs were "eh"

either high and short or long and low ....... either way the returns usually came back to the 25-ish.

our coverage teams ain't that great either though

on field goals he did his normal ... right down the middle, right down the middle, WTF ... why did he miss that?!?!

Bowser
09-12-2005, 08:50 AM
Being at the game, as I have no voice, I yelled to beat all..TURN IN YOUR FAULKING SHOE per CP request!

I'm afraid I'm going to need the tommykat to English translation on this one.

morphius
09-12-2005, 08:55 AM
Translation:
I'm bragging that I was at the game, but I did my job as a fan and made sure to scream my head off! Oh, and I hate Tyne's, hand in your kicking shoe's and get off our field.

Just don't know if she is talking about Carl or Chiefsplanet at the end there.

Bowser
09-12-2005, 08:57 AM
Translation:

Just don't know if she is talking about Carl or Chiefsplanet at the end there.

Damned fine work. And considering the source, neither does she.

:D

Skip Towne
09-12-2005, 09:02 AM
Joe Seahawk does a great job of translating Tommyspeak but he isn't around much anymore. I've gone to the decoder ring.

Gaz
09-12-2005, 09:06 AM
Since I have never experienced an NFL Sunday Ticket blackout, I can only base my vote on the anguish in Bob Dole’s post.

Since Tynes is adequate as a Kicker [not great, but certainly not at the “sucks” level], I would have to vote for the blackout.

Sucks to be Bob, sometimes.

xoxo~
Gaz
Suspects it sucks to be Bob most of the time, actually.