PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs player of the game? PICK THE TOP FIVE PERFORMANCES.

Rain Man
09-11-2005, 08:26 PM
Happy poll on its way.

PICK THE TOP FIVE PERFORMANCES.

keg in kc
09-11-2005, 08:27 PM
Chad Pennington.

Rain Man
09-11-2005, 08:44 PM
I went with (in no particular order):

Brian Waters: Won the battle with Dewayne Robertson today. Won it big. Robertson was invisible.

Jared Allen: Got more playing time than I expected, and he consistently beat the tackles badly.

Larry Johnson: HOLY CRAP! HE WAS BURYING PEOPLE OUT THERE, AND THEN DIGGING THEM UP AGAIN TO KICK THEM!

Lional Dalton: Beginning with the first play, he was in the opposing backfield. Great push all day, both in the 4-3 and as a nose tackle.

Patrick Surtain: What's that? It's Pat...intercepting the ball.

Dang. I forgot to put Benny Sapp in the poll - our designated pass-rushing cornerback. He had a sack, a near-INT behind the line, and a near fumble recovery when he nearly knocked himself and Pennington silly. (Was that a sack, too?)

luv
09-11-2005, 09:11 PM
I only voted for three...

K. Mitchell - showing potential
Larry Johnson - WOW!
Patrick Surtain - interception

I would have voted for Sapp had he been on the list as well.

the Talking Can
09-11-2005, 09:13 PM
LJ, Dj, Knight, Allen, Mitchell

Chiefnj
09-11-2005, 09:15 PM
I went with:
LJ
Browning and Dalton
Surtain
Roaf. I know he didn't play much, but those big running games that enabled the Chiefs to jump to the early lead were on his side and the running game took a big step back when big Willy went down.

Woodrow Call
09-11-2005, 09:19 PM
DJ- 9 Tackles 8 Solo 1 sack FF. Amazing playmaking ability
Mitchell- 7 Tackles 5 Solo. Gun's best work
Surtain- INT, Fumble Recovery.
Allen- Showed up and played great
Knight- 9 Tackles Great Playmaker and the leader of the D

KILLER_CLOWN
09-11-2005, 09:26 PM
DJ,Surtain,LJ,Knightrider,and who can forget Jason Dunn? dude was holding the running game together after roaf left and never gets any credit.

Rain Man
09-11-2005, 09:27 PM
DJ- 9 Tackles 8 Solo 1 sack FF. Amazing playmaking ability
Mitchell- 7 Tackles 5 Solo. Gun's best work
Surtain- INT, Fumble Recovery.
Allen- Showed up and played great
Knight- 9 Tackles Great Playmaker and the leader of the D

Surtain's fumble recovery was quite impressive. He was out in coverage, saw the sack, and flew in all the way from right field to get that recovery. Great ball awareness and great speed.

KC Jones
09-11-2005, 10:05 PM
Shields - same reason as Rain Man
Larry Johnson - what a RB!
Sammy Knight - he was really knocking some heads, I think he had a lot to do with Coles Alligator arms and Martin's rushing total
Derrick Johnson - nice first day as a Chief
Jared Allen - put a lot of pressure on Pennigton and held up well against the run.

Count Zarth
09-11-2005, 10:08 PM
Ahem.

http://www.jnj.com/images/logos/jnj_company_logos/corporate/splash_logo.gif

jcl-kcfan2
09-11-2005, 10:10 PM
Hard to believe Priest is so far down, but LJ looked freakin unstoppable out there.

Pitt Gorilla
09-11-2005, 10:16 PM
DJ
LJ
Mitchell
Fox
Wiegmann

I really surprised more people didn't vote for Casey. He simply dominated the LOS on running plays. Don't some of you wonder why LJ wasn't touched until he was 3-4 yards down the field?

Mr. Flopnuts
09-11-2005, 10:45 PM
My first picks were brought to you by Johnson and Johnson. From there Surtain had a golden day and I hated to see him go down. Trent Green cooled off later in the day, however he played efficiently and didn't do anything to sink the ship after it started flooding. In other words when he didn't have the time he was still efficient. I also took Priest Holmes for getting us off to a fast start out there to begin the game.

trndobrd
09-11-2005, 11:01 PM
Bell had a solid game, Knight made the receivers think bad thoughts, Benny Sapp looked really good.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-11-2005, 11:05 PM
Why is Benny Sapp not ahead of Mcpasson? I haven't ever really seen Sapp get roasted, is it a DV love thang?

Wallcrawler
09-11-2005, 11:16 PM
Larry Johnson. 9 carries, 110 yards and 2 scores. This guy plays like a man possessed. He knows he isnt going to get many carries, and he really makes the most of his opportunities.

Derrick Johnson. Awesome opener for this rookie. 9 tackles and a sack/ff that was eerily familiar to one of the many Derrick Thomas sack/ff's that we have seen over his career. One hand around the waist, the other arm tomohawk chopping down on the arm and the ball comes out.

Patrick Surtain. Even though he saw extremely limited action due to that fatass bastard flopping on his back and knocking him out, his interception return for 52 yards and his fumble recovery reminded us all of how great it is to have an all world cornerback on the field in red and gold again.

Kawika Mitchell. Mitchell has really, really stepped up his game. Several tackles and 2 fumble recoveries. In tandem with DJ, those two guys were monsters today. He really seems to know what he is doing out there now, and is doing more playing, and less trying to figure out what to do.

Priest Holmes. Just for being Priest. Ripping off that 35 yarder that was his longest since 2002, and his efforts in the game made things easier for L.J. to bust out in the manner that he did against the Jets in just 9 carries. Best 1-2 punch in the league at running back.