PDA

View Full Version : Indy twists the knife into Baltimore.

Rain Man
09-11-2005, 09:42 PM
1:30 left in the game and Indy is up 24-0, and Peyton Manning just attempted a 45-yard pass into the end zone. As the old joke goes, the best time to kick a man is when he's down.

David.
09-11-2005, 09:43 PM
what a prick

Bob Dole
09-11-2005, 09:47 PM
And then lost their shutout...

Damn. Indy held theirs 16 seconds longer than we did.

VonneMarie
09-11-2005, 09:47 PM
That's what they get. Instead of kneeling and getting the shut out, the Ravens score with 13 secs left. :)

whoman69
09-11-2005, 09:59 PM
Guess the rumors of a breakout season by Boller were greatly exaggerated. Its just amazing that a guy who hit an amazing 45% of receivers in college, can't bring that type of skill to the NFL.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
09-11-2005, 10:00 PM
F*ck that...... I would have done the same thing, the Colts were trying to run the clock out my kneeling and the Ravens kept taking their timeouts. Hell if I were the Colts I would have tried to score again after recovering the onside kick after Baltimore pulling that shit. Hell they made worse by kicking onsides anyway, down 24-7 with 8 seconds..... thats just being an asshole.

chefsos
09-11-2005, 10:01 PM
Sounds like Peyton Manning started Peyton Manning on his fantasy team.

David.
Sounds like Peyton Manning started Peyton Manning on his fantasy team.

ROFL

Uncle_Ted
1:30 left in the game and Indy is up 24-0, and Peyton Manning just attempted a 45-yard pass into the end zone. As the old joke goes, the best time to kick a man is when he's down.

I don't fault Manning for that one ... he took the kneel down on the previous two plays, but the Ravens kept calling timeouts, so he went for the home run. Nothing wrong with that.

BigRock
09-11-2005, 10:13 PM
I don't fault Manning for that one ... he took the kneel down on the previous two plays, but the Ravens kept calling timeouts, so he went for the home run. Nothing wrong with that.
The funny part was listening to the announcers explain it and not even getting why Manning did it. "Well, see, what he did was, later on when it's time to get into the playoffs, those 7 points might matter if they have the same record as other teams, and so you really shouldn't let up on anybody."

I can't wait to have to listen to them next week...

keg in kc
09-11-2005, 10:15 PM
I don't fault Manning for that one ... he took the kneel down on the previous two plays, but the Ravens kept calling timeouts, so he went for the home run. Nothing wrong with that.Yep, I thought the same thing. If the Ravens weren't willing to let them run the clock out down 24, then f*ck 'em, I say. Nothing wrong with taking a shot.