PDA

View Full Version : anyone watch J. Allen

Demonpenz
09-12-2005, 05:03 AM
Well from what I saw Allen showed no signs of a sophmore slump. He was in the backfield the entire game. I watched him on every play and he looked like he was getting held a great deal. I thought allen would actually be better this year but his numbers go way down. He already has one fumble and he should have gotten more sacks if he didn't get tackled. Anyone else watch him play? I saw him bullrush most the the time but his outside move looked good and of course he has the motor of a john randle.

the Talking Can
09-12-2005, 05:49 AM
Allen was a surprise...he may on of those game day guys who just looks good with the "lights" on....he got held, badly, a couple of times or he would have had more sacks........

SNR
09-12-2005, 06:01 AM
Yes, but I still prefer him only on pass rush downs.

That play in Minnesota still scares me

RedThat
09-12-2005, 07:25 AM
He looked good no doubt. I too prefer him in there on passing downs. He is arguably our best pass-rusher on our D-line. I say place Allen and Carlos Hall in there on passing downs.

Chiefnj
09-12-2005, 07:31 AM
Allen is a wildman at DE. Some ends look fluid coming off the edge, not Allen, he is like the Tazmanian devil - arms flailing, spinning around, etc. He got the job done yesterday and the Jets were lucky they didn't have 4-5 more holding calls.

WilliamTheIrish
09-12-2005, 07:51 AM
Allen is a wildman at DE. Some ends look fluid coming off the edge, not Allen, he is like the Tazmanian devil - arms flailing, spinning around, etc. He got the job done yesterday and the Jets were lucky they didn't have 4-5 more holding calls.

That's no lie. Christ, when did the Jets OLine become the league darlings that they don't get those flags?

Also, Allen must have hit the weights, he looks much stronger and with that motor....

BigRedChief
09-12-2005, 08:06 AM
Well he did bite twice and go inside and they went the other direction and could have big plays. One time their reciever dropped the ball the other time DJ chased the reciever down preventing the big gain

Kyle401
09-12-2005, 09:16 AM
Jared Allen

C.Pennington sacked at KC 16 for -6 yards (J.Allen). FUMBLES (J.Allen), touched at KC 15, RECOVERED by KC-P.Surtain at KC 19. P.Surtain to KC 21 for 2 yards. FUMBLES, recovered by KC-K.Mitchell at KC 21.

C.Martin left end to NYJ 17 for -3 yards (J.Allen, J.Browning).

C.Martin up the middle to NYJ 37 for 2 yards (J.Allen).

Jimmy Wilkerson

C.Martin left end to KC 2 for no gain (J.Wilkerson).

C.Martin up the middle to NYJ 49 for 4 yards (J.Wilkerson).

Eric Hicks

See my sig

BigChiefFan
09-12-2005, 09:19 AM
I think him blowing a few assignments in the PreSeason helped get him back on track. I think it motivated him to step up his game. Allen looks damn good.

Mr. Laz
09-12-2005, 09:25 AM

i saw them holding all freakin' over the place :cuss: :cuss:

refs must of felt sorry for them or sumthin'

MOhillbilly
09-12-2005, 09:28 AM
He did a decent job yesterday,looks like he bulked up on the off season.