PDA

View Full Version : Ashley Lelie..from the NYT

the Talking Can
09-12-2005, 10:05 AM
from the game write up (i'm typing this from the print edition):

At one point, Dolphin cornerback Travis Daniels noticed Denver wide receiver Ashley Lelie bend over, hands on knees, as the Broncos were near the Miami goal line.

"I told him: 'You can't be tired, man. You're a professional,'" Daniels said. "He said: 'I'm tired, man. I can't do it.'"

on top of that insult, Gus Ferrotte (who?) was 24 of 36 for 275 yards and 2 tds....leading them to 426 yards of offense....damn weather!!

PunkinDrublic
09-12-2005, 10:08 AM
Ashley Lelie=Marcus Nash II ROFL

WilliamTheIrish
09-12-2005, 10:13 AM
Something tells me the NY Times probably cleaned that quote up from the original wording on the field.

But that is fuuuuuuuny.

Saulbadguy
09-12-2005, 10:15 AM
Wonderful.

Ari Chi3fs
09-12-2005, 10:16 AM
week three will be fun.

Gaz
09-12-2005, 10:28 AM
Does this mean Lelie was a free pick, too?

xoxo~
Gaz
Not sure how it works.

WilliamTheIrish
09-12-2005, 10:29 AM
bwaaaahhhhhaaaa

I don't know about 'free pick' but it seems he was easy pickin's for the phins D.

WilliamTheIrish
09-12-2005, 10:32 AM
Hey can, anything good from Herman Edwards in the Times today?

He's usually good for a quote or two.

the Talking Can
09-12-2005, 10:35 AM
Hey can, anything good from Herman Edwards in the Times today?

He's usually good for a quote or two.

nah..your basic "we were outcoached, outplayed" routine...

MOhillbilly
09-12-2005, 10:46 AM
donks fan here at work said they lost cause it was 120 on the field.

the Talking Can
09-12-2005, 10:49 AM
Herm did say "We just couldn't overcome the weather..."

jspchief
09-12-2005, 10:50 AM
I'm not going to laugh until KC actually wins a game in the state of Florida this century.

The Donkeys aren't the only team that suck wind in the Miami heat.

ArrowheadHawk
09-12-2005, 10:53 AM
I'm not going to laugh until KC actually wins a game in the state of Florida this century.

The Donkeys aren't the only team that suck wind in the Miami heat.:(

Skip Towne
09-12-2005, 10:54 AM

The Donkeys aren't the only team that suck wind in the Miami heat.
Its not quite the same thing. We lost to good, Marino led teams not the likes of what they are today. I only know who Gus Frerotte is because he is from Tulsa.

Saulbadguy
09-12-2005, 10:57 AM
Its not quite the same thing. We lost to good, Marino led teams not the likes of what they are today. I only know who Gus Frerotte is because he is from Tulsa.
We also lost to a shitty Tampa Bay team lead by Brian Griese. We usually suck in the state of Florida, but hopefully this year we will reverse this trend. October 23rd @Miami.

Taco John
09-12-2005, 10:57 AM

Huh? What the 80's? That's the last time I remember a "good Marino led team" existing.

jspchief
09-12-2005, 11:01 AM
Its not quite the same thing. We lost to good, Marino led teams not the likes of what they are today. I only know who Gus Frerotte is because he is from Tulsa. I don't care who we faced. KC is 1-3 in Jax and we haven't won in Miami since 1989. We notoriously drag ass in that state.

As for Frerotte, he has looked good in the NFL at times in the past. He shredded when he started for Minnesota a few years ago.

Mile High Mania
09-12-2005, 11:02 AM

Heh ... if KC loses in Miami this year, I'll pull a Titus and find this one. :clap:

Mile High Mania
09-12-2005, 11:03 AM
If Miami continues to play like that... I'll be impressed. It's not like there isn't talent there, I totally didn't give them a chance. Chambers, Booker, Boston and McMichael... that's not a bad group of WRs/TE. Brown has great potential and if they are solid... Gus could do well.

They shut me up yesterday...

Skip Towne
09-12-2005, 11:06 AM
Huh? What the 80's? That's the last time I remember a "good Marino led team" existing.
Bullshit, the Dolphins have been a respectable team for years. Certainly nothing like they are now.

Taco John
09-12-2005, 11:16 AM
Bullshit, the Dolphins have been a respectable team for years. Certainly nothing like they are now.

You're either senile, high, or both. Maybe your Depends are cutting off circulation to your brain.

Have another bong hit.

wazu
09-12-2005, 11:21 AM
from the game write up (i'm typing this from the print edition):

At one point, Dolphin cornerback Travis Daniels noticed Denver wide receiver Ashley Lelie bend over, hands on knees, as the Broncos were near the Miami goal line.

"I told him: 'You can't be tired, man. You're a professional,'" Daniels said. "He said: 'I'm tired, man. I can't do it.'"

Ouch!

ROFL

ct
09-12-2005, 11:22 AM

The Dolphins have had a respectable DEFENSE for years. The offense has sucked azz for the most part since Marino left. Sure pothead had a couple nice years, but the QBs and coaching have dragged that team down to the shreds they were last year. Looks like Saben has that team playin hard.

Frerotte is a respectable QB. Certainly not great, but better than Feeley and Fiedler, and he knows that offensive system well. I too was pretty damn surprised with that game yesterday. I thought they would be better, but never would have seen that coming.