PDA

View Full Version : My son got his Black Belt in Karate this weekend.

sd4chiefs
09-12-2005, 10:41 AM
I just had to brag. I tried to get him into baseball, basketball, football, and golf but he had no interest. When he said he wanted to try karate 5 years ago I thought, OK that will last about 6 months. It's nice to know that he can kick someones ass if he needs too.

While he was taking his Black Belt test on Saturday I had one of my best days playing golf. I shot an 87. Then to top it off watching the Chiefs win and the Dolts and Donks lose just made it one of the best weekends ever. Life is good. :)

RedThat
09-12-2005, 10:49 AM
I just had to brag. I tried to get him into baseball, basketball, football, and golf but he had no interest. When he said he wanted to try karate 5 years ago I thought, OK that will last about 6 months. It's nice to know that he can kick someones ass if he needs too.

While he was taking his Black Belt test on Saturday I had one of my best days playing golf. I shot an 87. Then to top it off watching the Chiefs win and the Dolts and Donks lose just made it one of the best weekends ever. Life is good. :)

Ahh bring him on?! lol
;)

HemiEd
09-12-2005, 10:50 AM
Cool Stuff, Congratulations! :clap:

Tribal Warfare
09-12-2005, 10:54 AM
what Karate style sd?

KCChiefsMan
09-12-2005, 11:27 AM
I have a buddy who has 6 black belts in 6 different kinds of martial arts, the most peacefull/calm guy I know. He got mad one time at a stranger at a party he hosted and grabbed him by the neck and picked him up and threw him against the wall. It was awesome!

congrats on your son! I wish I knew that stuff

sd4chiefs
09-12-2005, 11:35 AM
what Karate style sd?

United Studios of Self Defense. Whatever style that is. I just know that when he shows me one of his new moves, he will grab my arm and I will be in pain in a blink of an eye.

Tribal Warfare
09-12-2005, 11:43 AM
United Studios of Self Defense. Whatever style that is. I just know that when he shows me one of his new moves, he will grab my arm and I will be in pain in a blink of an eye.

It sounds like some form of Aikido, Hapkido, Jujitsu, or Judo. My Style is Shorin Ryu, and when people ask what's that I tell them it's the same style that Mr. Myiagi taught Danielson in The Karate Kid.

Loki
09-12-2005, 12:32 PM
cool stuff. congrats to your son.

my kids will be taking some form of martial arts when they turn 8. i took
3 or 4 different styles in my lifetime, and recommend it to anyone. good
for mind and body.

the most intricate/effective "fist" style IMO would be wing chun kung fu.
(bruce lee studied wing chun as a lad). the blindfolded "sticky hands"
training is pretty dang cool.

the most overall "devastating" style would probably be any form of
jiu jitsu. (take them down and break something). stuff gets pretty nasty
the higher you get in training.

Mr. Kotter
09-12-2005, 12:34 PM
Congrats :thumb:

FWIW, I suspect with a black-belt he'd be able to kick the ass of most of the current roster Broncos. ;)