Bowser
09-12-2005, 01:20 PM
Repost. LOL we posted at the same time

Great minds, and all........

;)

memyselfI
09-12-2005, 01:46 PM
He should have been fired...

but at least he's gone and the administration cannot continue to pretend that their effort was adequate.

Bowser
09-12-2005, 01:52 PM

but at least he's gone and the administration cannot continue to pretend that their effort was adequate.

I'd be willing to bet he was forced into retirement.....

mlyonsd
09-12-2005, 02:06 PM

Would you say the same thing about the mayor and governor?

Area 51
09-12-2005, 02:12 PM

I'm not sure what you are thinking (let me clarify that, I know what you are thinking I just don't know why the only answer is to blame the President)!!! What do you think got Brown to resign? I'm sure he was aksed for his resignation, that is a very typical way of being fired in the Beltway.

You are quite a tool and clueless to boot!

Mr. Laz
09-12-2005, 02:23 PM
I'd be willing to bet he was forced into retirement.....
almost assuredly

he's a buddy of the prez so they gave him the chance to remove himself instead of public canning.

most public officials are given the chance to resign

Area 51
09-12-2005, 02:44 PM
almost assuredly

he's a buddy of the prez so they gave him the chance to remove himself instead of public canning.

most public officials are given the chance to resign
Tell that to memyselfi. She won't believe you but tell her anyway!:)

Phobia
09-12-2005, 03:05 PM
I'm glad. It sounds to me like he was in over his head. Good riddance.

jAZ
09-12-2005, 03:38 PM
I will... I think the President and the Governor should resign. The Mayor is a great deal less culpable because he has the least resources, the least control and did the most to push for action.

But pretty much everyone should resign because of the incompetence.

The President should resign before anyone else, because this isn't the first failure of this administration that has cost 1000's of lives uncessarily, IMO. The failure to plan/prepare/act before 9/11, in the post-invasion mess in Iraq and now NOLA.

This administration is in over its head. They came into office claiming that the "adults were here" (suggesting that the Clinton Administration was nothing more than a group of kids incompetant and unable to act the part of leader of the free world).

After this much failure in the WH, it's to the point where it's an issue of national security. These guys need to resign.

memyselfI
09-12-2005, 03:38 PM
Oh, I'm quite sure he was 'encouraged' to resign. But the minute he was sent to a 'desk' job it was clear he would be going. Today DUHbya said he wasn't aware that Mike Brown was resigning. Then the WH had to clarify that he was aware he was resigning but wasn't aware it was public. :rolleyes:

They were unhappy with him. He fugged up. They fugged up appointing him. These charades pretending that is not the truth are ridiculous especially given damage Brown/Chertoff have done to the Bush Administration...

Even when the truth is obvious they still find ways to spin it into something else.

memyselfI
09-12-2005, 03:50 PM

Sure, if they are Mayor and Governor of my state.

Area 51
09-12-2005, 04:01 PM
Even when the truth is obvious they still find ways to spin it into something else.

Not unlike each and everything you post on the DC Forum. You spin until your tits are wrapped around your head and you can't see.

Area 51
09-12-2005, 04:03 PM
Sure, if they are Mayor and Governor of my state.

They are of your state!!! The state of total liberalism (confusion).
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLSTFU

Phobia
09-12-2005, 04:04 PM
I will... I think the President and the Governor should resign. The Mayor is a great deal less culpable because he has the least resources, the least control and did the most to push for action.

The President should resign before anyone else, because this isn't the first failure of this administration that has cost 1000's of lives uncessarily, IMO. The failure to plan/prepare/act before 9/11, in the post-invasion mess in Iraq and now NOLA.

This administration is in over its head. They came into office claiming that the "adults were here" (suggesting that the Clinton Administration was nothing more than a group of kids incompetant and unable to act the part of leader of the free world).

After this much failure in the WH, it's to the point where it's an issue of national security. These guys need to resign.

I gotta say I'm really surprised you would say the President needs to resign. Normally you're so even-keeled. He must have really screwed up this time.

Area 51
09-12-2005, 04:06 PM
I gotta say I'm really surprised you would say the President needs to resign. Normally you're so even-keeled. He must have really screwed up this time.

WTF? :rolleyes:

Area 51
09-12-2005, 04:09 PM

You have to be related to memyselfi!

I would guess that the 9/11 conversations have been exhausted here as on other boards around the world.

The last administration [clinton] was responsible for 9/11. Bush's administration acted in response to an unprecidented attack.

Phobia
09-12-2005, 04:14 PM
The last administration [clinton] was responsible for 9/11.

That's as stupid as saying Bush is responsible for 9/11. Please.

Bowser
09-12-2005, 04:15 PM
You have to be related to memyselfi!

I would guess that the 9/11 conversations have been exhausted here as on other boards around the world.

The last administration [clinton] was responsible for 9/11. Bush's administration acted in response to an unprecidented attack.

Horseshit.

Area 51
09-13-2005, 06:00 AM
Horseshit.

OK, they are related to memyselfi and horseshit.

Area 51
09-13-2005, 06:02 AM
That's as stupid as saying Bush is responsible for 9/11. Please.

The inaction of the clinton administration gave an open door to anyone that might want to attack from within.

Your comment seems to be a PC one rather than using common sense.

In light of the blame put on Bush for the hurricane inaction it is only fair to remind those of clintons inaction after the first al queda attack in the U.S.

gblowfish
09-14-2005, 12:50 PM
From last night's Letterman Top Ten:
Top Ten Questions on the Application to be the Next FEMA Director:

10. "Are you able to convey a false sense of security?"

9. "What percentage of your resume is fabricated?"

8. "In a crisis, which state or local officials would you blame?"

7. "What are your plans after you resign?"

6. "Do you mind if the last guy left the office smelling like Arabian horses?"

5. "Which is most serious: A disaster, a catastrophe, or a dis-astrophe?"

4. "Does Robert Blake dating again count as an emergency?"

3. "Can the president easily add '-ie' to your last name to form a nickname?"

2. "Can you screw up bad enough to take the heat off the president's mistakes?"

1. "Michael Brown...Idiot or moron?"

SLAG
04-12-2006, 11:50 PM
Michael Brown on Colbert Report Now.. I Saw it Earlier its Funny He speaks the truth now