PDA

View Full Version : Moved.

Phobia
09-12-2005, 03:28 PM
Per the results in the sub-forum poll, D.C. has been moved to a sub-forum of Arrowhead rather than the Lounge. I know this is not a popular decision amongst the folks who spend a lot of time in here, but I am seeking a better solution.

I think Vlad's suggestion of subscribing to sub-forums in the Lounge has some merit. I am hopeful we'll be able to offer that solution soon.

If not, I do intend to move D.C. back to the Lounge in the offseason.

Bowser
09-12-2005, 03:33 PM
Uh-oh.....

mlyonsd
09-12-2005, 03:47 PM
Uh-oh.....

Gotta go along with what the ower says....even if he is a puzzy. :)

Pitt Gorilla
09-12-2005, 04:06 PM
I guess I don't understand at all. Was there a problem with having it linked to the main board? It certainly made navigation much easier. What could possibly be the advantage to this setup?

Phobia
09-12-2005, 04:13 PM
Ridding the Lounge of clutter. Too many sub-forums up top screws up the display. Like I said, I'm seeking an alternative. I promise I'm not seeking to crush D.C. into submission.

jAZ
09-12-2005, 04:18 PM
I think it's a great idea. I try to suspend my DC posting during the football season. It worked great last season (even in the months leading up to the election). It makes sense to put it back after the last game is played.

Rep for Phobia.

Mr. Laz
I guess I don't understand at all. Was there a problem with having it linked to the main board? It certainly made navigation much easier. What could possibly be the advantage to this setup?

there is no advantage ... all the conservative puzzies screamed and yelled until they got their way.

1. got some special user group that they can join that blocks them even seeing the DC forum in the first place. I think it was a double secret special user group just for the horse felchers among us. Because apparently they don't have the self-control to not enter the forum they say they hate.

2. and because the conservative weren't gonna use it anymore they didn't want to have it left for anyone else, so they kept screaming until they pressured them into moving it EVEN THOUGH they already had the option of not seeing it by entering this special user group.

nothing but a vindicative "take my ball and go home" manuever because they didn't like taking chit in the DC forum anymore because Bush sucks sh!t.

Radar Chief
Ridding the Lounge of clutter. Too many sub-forums up top screws up the display. Like I said, I'm seeking an alternative. I promise I'm not seeking to crush D.C. into submission.

:shrug: Whatever works best for the rest of the board is fine by me.

Dartgod
09-12-2005, 04:22 PM
there is no advantage ... all the conservative puzzies screamed and yelled until they got their way.

1. got some special user group that they can join that blocks them even seeing the DC forum in the first place. I think it was a double secret special user group just for the horse felchers among us. Because apparently they don't have the self control to not enter the forum they say they hate.

2. and because the conservative weren't gonna use it anymore they didn't want to have it left for anyone else so they kept screaming until they pressure them into moving it EVEN THOUGH they already had the option of not seeing it by enter this special user group.

nothing but a vindicative "take my ball and go home" manuever because they didn't like taking chit in the DC from anymore because Bush sucks sh!t.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/parenting/images/300/baby_crying_closeup.jpg

Phobia
09-12-2005, 04:24 PM
You're wrong, Laz.

Nobody screamed about anything to me.

The special usergroup was created because we had 2 prominent users LEAVE ChiefsPlanet completely because they didn't like themselves in D.C. Hiding D.C. from them was my idea in order to retain them as active members in our community. The special usergroup hasn't been advertised, nor will it be advertised because I don't want to spend a significant portion of my time moving people to that group. Additionally, the more segmented our groups become, the harder admins have to work when we make site-wide changes.

I'm through defending this decision. There's no conspiracy to be found here. It was 100% community driven.

Mr. Laz
09-12-2005, 04:27 PM
You're wrong, Laz.

It was 100% community driven.

100% community driven = people screaming at phobia

go bowe
09-12-2005, 04:30 PM
:shrug: Whatever works best for the rest of the board is fine by me.commie... :p :p :p

memyselfI
09-12-2005, 04:40 PM

Whatever you deem is best (short of my demise ;) ) is what I'll go with. I do think that in lieu of that banner ad for Chiefsplanet Store we need a big bad ass banner ad for DC. :p J/K.

The diehards will stay. And anyone who comes here after working to demote or for the demolition of this place should be roundly flamed...within the rules of course. ;)

Mr. Kotter
09-12-2005, 04:41 PM

Some of us felt that our eccentric uncles, crazy cousins, and black sheep of the board....need less exposure. You guys are scaring off the noobs. Heh. :)

beavis
09-12-2005, 04:44 PM
Some of our liberal friends really need to consider some anger management classes. Is it really that big of a deal to click two extra times to get to this shithole?

Phobia
09-12-2005, 04:51 PM
Whatever you deem is best (short of my demise ;) ) is what I'll go with. I do think that in lieu of that banner ad for Chiefsplanet Store we need a big bad ass banner ad for DC. :p J/K.

The diehards will stay. And anyone who comes here after working to demote or for the demolition of this place should be roundly flamed...within the rules of course. ;)

Would a Link for D.C. on every page really make everybody happy?

I guess we'll see in a minute.

Phobia
09-12-2005, 04:54 PM
100% community driven = people screaming at phobia

I don't think you're listening. Nobody contacted me whatsoever about moving D.C. or any other forum. I wanted to clean up the Lounge so I put up a poll.

The other D.C. special usergroup was also initiated by me. In one case I actually had to hunt down Cochise and convince him to return to ChiefsPlanet because I had a new option for him.

Again - no conspiracy.

memyselfI
09-12-2005, 04:55 PM
Would a Link for D.C. on every page really make everybody happy?

I guess we'll see in a minute.

NO, that was not my idea. I was not unhappy. I was joking. Don't go doing something like that and then say it was my idea. Right now the angry mob seems contented. Let them stay that way. I've found, and you will find, the angry mob on my side to be less inclined to :deevee: and carry on after a day or two (unlike what we see from our friends on the other side of the spectrum) so just tell them you 'feel their pain' and they will be fine. ;)

Phobia
09-12-2005, 04:59 PM
Bah - who cares where the idea originated. Actually, I think Vlad posted about it first. You just reminded me.

It's a text link called "Political Forum". I named it that for the noobs. I think "Washington D.C. might be confusing for them since I don't have the option of a descriptor.

Calcountry
09-12-2005, 05:03 PM

1. got some special user group that they can join that blocks them even seeing the DC forum in the first place. I think it was a double secret special user group just for the horse felchers among us. Because apparently they don't have the self-control to not enter the forum they say they hate.

2. and because the conservative weren't gonna use it anymore they didn't want to have it left for anyone else, so they kept screaming until they pressured them into moving it EVEN THOUGH they already had the option of not seeing it by entering this special user group.

nothing but a vindicative "take my ball and go home" manuever because they didn't like taking chit in the DC forum anymore because Bush sucks sh!t.Who you calling a pussy, you pussy.

penchief
09-12-2005, 05:36 PM

nothing but a vindicative "take my ball and go home" manuever because they didn't like taking chit in the DC forum anymore because Bush sucks sh!t.

Does it seem coincidental to anyone else that all this crap started after a certain few people failed in their campaign to ban Denise?

If it is just mere coincidence it is coincidentally obvious.

I think there is no doubt who the whiners really are.

Phobia
09-12-2005, 05:43 PM
Does it seem coincidental to anyone else that all this crap started after a certain few people failed in their campaign to ban Denise?

I think there is no doubt who the whiners really are.

Are you serious or are you just pushing buttons.

penchief
09-12-2005, 05:49 PM
You're wrong, Laz.

The special usergroup was created because we had 2 prominent users LEAVE ChiefsPlanet completely because they didn't like themselves in D.C. Hiding D.C. from them was my idea in order to retain them as active members in our community. The special usergroup hasn't been advertised, nor will it be advertised because I don't want to spend a significant portion of my time moving people to that group. Additionally, the more segmented our groups become, the harder admins have to work when we make site-wide changes.

I'm through defending this decision. There's no conspiracy to be found here. It was 100% community driven.

I guess I don't get it. I believe you 100% when you say that it is not a conspiracy. But the question begs to be asked. Who rates so highly that they get their own special usergroup because they can't stand looking at a link to the DC forum when the DC forum generates as much traffic as it does? Nobody is forcing anybody to go there. Why is it a problem to them? Can they explain to the rest of us why they can't just decide not to visit the forum? Why do their wishes outweigh the wishes of those who use the DC forum? What two posters are so important that they are that influential?

I understand that you did this somewhat democratically. However, If you were to really do it democratically you would not have split the non-removal vote between five other forums. You would have just had a referendum on the DC planet itself. The way you conducted the poll was like asking the planet who they preferred to ban; Denise, Jaz, Jettio, Penchief, or Laz? Either way, somebody got banned.

If you total all of the votes for the other forums clearly more people voted not to ban the DC forum than those who did. And when you consider that most of those who voted to ban it have an axe to grind due to current events, well............

penchief
09-12-2005, 05:53 PM
Some of our liberal friends really need to consider some anger management classes. Is it really that big of a deal to click two extra times to get to this shithole?

This is funny considering that those on the right have a history of using the most abusive and insulting language on the DC forum. Anger management for the left? Heh.

penchief
09-12-2005, 05:57 PM
Are you serious or are you just pushing buttons.

I'm not pushing buttons. I'm just asking if it is coincidental. The fact is that shortly after the banning failed many of those who were so vocal about banning her were also the most vocal about doing away with the forum.

It's legitimate to ask if those motives are related. After all, if you can't beat 'em take your ball and go home, as Laz has so eloquently stated.

Phobia
09-12-2005, 05:57 PM
The special usergroup has ZERO relevance. Those people don't care if the D.C. forum exists, they just don't want to be a part of it. They both indicated that they are unhappy with their OWN behavior in D.C. They didn't ask me for anything. I came up with that idea.

The rest of your post is batshit goofy. I'm not kidding. Did you really say that? Holy hell, I don't even think I have a response to that stuff.

Phobia
09-12-2005, 06:04 PM
I'm not pushing buttons. I'm just asking if it is coincidental. The fact is that shortly after the banning failed many of those who were so vocal about banning her were also the most vocal about doing away with the forum.

It's legitimate to ask if those motives are related. After all, if you can't beat 'em take your ball and go home, as Laz has so eloquently stated.

At what timeperiod would the perceived "coincidence" not have been construed coincidence any longer? I mean, the notion of banning Denise - the actual poll was several weeks ago, right? By Denise's own pen, we have a "ban Denise" poll twice a year. Any reasonable person would conclude that the D.C. forum would have been moved each time a Denise banning failed....

Except - by God, you're right. The D.C. forum was only created a year ago. Every prior failed Denise banning wouldn't have resulted in the banishment of the D.C. forum into the Arrowhead forum because D.C. hadn't even yet been conceived. I think you're onto something. In fact, it may be time for me to come clean on a few things: Kotter, cochise, bunny, and a few other culprits devised an evil plan to remove D.C. entirely from ChiefsPlanet. But they couldn't come up with enough money to pay me off in that regard. So, they bought me beer and got me good and drunk - thereby brainwashing me into implimenting a diabolical plan, the movement of D.C. to the Arrowhead forum. I was paid off in beer and unlimited gay sex. I'm sorry. I'm just getting over the hangover now and feel horrible about all this.

Taco John
09-12-2005, 06:06 PM
It was me. I'm very special, and in order to keep me around, Phobes created my own special little category.

I'm very special. :)

Taco John
09-12-2005, 06:07 PM
Where's the fruit plate? A fruit plate would go a long ways toward keeping me around longer...

I don't like myself when I'm not eating fruit and I'm surfing the Planet :)

penchief
09-12-2005, 06:10 PM
The special usergroup has ZERO relevance. Those people don't care if the D.C. forum exists, they just don't want to be a part of it. They both indicated that they are unhappy with their OWN behavior in D.C. They didn't ask me for anything. I came up with that idea.

The rest of your post is batshit goofy. I'm not kidding. Did you really say that? Holy hell, I don't even think I have a response to that stuff.

Wait a minute.....let me get this straight. Two people who have contributed heavily to the DC forum in the past are now asking for special treatment because they can't control themselves? If their desires have zero to do with the final decision why even bring them into the debate?

What ever happened to personal responsibility? And why do you have a obligation to cater to them? Are you some kind of social worker or something? Is it your job to assist them with their inability to control themselves?

As far as the DC forum goes, it would have been more fair to hold a referendum on the forum itself instead of pitting the anti-forum votes against the other votes split five ways. But just like the attempts to ban denise failed so would have a referendum on the DC forum.

Mr. Kotter
09-12-2005, 06:13 PM
...The way you conducted the poll was like asking the planet who they preferred to ban; Denise, Jaz, Jettio, Penchief, or Laz? ............

If that were a poll, it would be a really stupid one: everyone knows there should be an "all of the above" option in such a poll. ;)

Mr. Kotter
09-12-2005, 06:14 PM
This is funny considering that those on the right have a history of using the most abusive and insulting language on the DC forum. Anger management for the left? Heh.

You forgot to say, "In my fugged-up opinion."

Phobia
09-12-2005, 06:16 PM
Wait a minute.....let me get this straight. Two people who have contributed heavily to the DC forum in the past are now asking for special treatment because they can't control themselves? If their desires have zero to do with the final decision why even bring them into the debate?

What ever happened to personal responsibility? And why do you have a obligation to cater to them? Are you some kind of social worker or something? Is it your job to assist them with their inability to control themselves?

It's like this. Two people departed ChiefsPlanet. Gone. Finito. Capute.

They left because they took personal responsibility to their behavior in Washington D.C. I lured those two people back to ChiefsPlanet by creating a special group to hide D.C. from view. Otherwise they would have been gone forever. I think I should be awarded a medal. I don't think this action has ANYTHING to do with the completely seperate action of removing D.C. as a sub-forum of the lounge.

Plus.... if it were some sort of conspiracy, why is there now a link on every single page of ChiefsPlanet (not just at the top of the Lounge) that will take you to the D.C. forum? Don't you think the conspirators would have squashed an effort to do that as well? Did they simply forget? Did a chinese throwing star pierce the "logic" epicenter of your brain?

Phobia
09-12-2005, 06:18 PM
The way you conducted the poll was like asking the planet who they preferred to ban; Denise, Jaz, Jettio, Penchief, or Laz? Either way, somebody got banned.

Wait a minute. How are you including yourself with Jettio and Laz? They're gonna be upset about that grouping.

Mr. Kotter
09-12-2005, 06:18 PM
....So, they bought me beer and got me good and drunk - thereby brainwashing me into implimenting a diabolical plan, the movement of D.C. to the Arrowhead forum. I was paid off in beer and unlimited gay sex. I'm sorry. I'm just getting over the hangover now and feel horrible about all this.

OMG!!!

ROFL ROFL ROFL

I knew I'd regret not being able to come down this weekend!

:thailor:

mlyonsd
09-12-2005, 06:20 PM
Er, if I read Phob's thread title post right he's planning on moving DC back to the lounge after the season.

I fail to see the problem with that, although rather than vote on it I probably would have moved the forum with the least number of posts off first.

But hey, all you conspiracy theorists knock yourself out. It's quite entertaining.

penchief
09-12-2005, 06:20 PM
At what timeperiod would the perceived "coincidence" not have been construed coincidence any longer? I mean, the notion of banning Denise - the actual poll was several weeks ago, right? By Denise's own pen, we have a "ban Denise" poll twice a year. Any reasonable person would conclude that the D.C. forum would have been moved each time a Denise banning failed....

Except - by God, you're right. The D.C. forum was only created a year ago. Every prior failed Denise banning wouldn't have resulted in the banishment of the D.C. forum into the Arrowhead forum because D.C. hadn't even yet been conceived. I think you're onto something. In fact, it may be time for me to come clean on a few things: Kotter, cochise, bunny, and a few other culprits devised an evil plan to remove D.C. entirely from ChiefsPlanet. But they couldn't come up with enough money to pay me off in that regard. So, they bought me beer and got me good and drunk - thereby brainwashing me into implimenting a diabolical plan, the movement of D.C. to the Arrowhead forum. I was paid off in beer and unlimited gay sex. I'm sorry. I'm just getting over the hangover now and feel horrible about all this.

Politically, denise has been right about a lot more than she has been wrong about. Having to confront that reality is more prevelant now then it has ever been. That is not a pleasant prospect for those who have not only disagreed with her views but also for those who have verbally abused her and the rest of those whom they disagreed.

The prospect of eating crow is not a pleasant one for those who have been not only abusive but have given no quarter for so long.

Dartgod
09-12-2005, 06:21 PM
I think I should be awarded a medal.
How about some pie instead?

Mr. Kotter
09-12-2005, 06:24 PM
Politically, denise has been right about a lot more than she has been wrong about. Having to confront that reality is more prevelant now then it has ever been. That is not a pleasant prospect for those who have not only disagreed with her views but also for those who have verbally abused her and the rest of those whom they disagreed.

The prospect of eating crow is not a pleasant one for those who have been not only abusive but have given no quarter for so long.

If you really think that's what this is all about, you really are off your friggin' rocker.....

ROFL

Taco John
09-12-2005, 06:25 PM
I don't think enough people died during a bout of incompetence for Phobes to earn a medal. I'm pretty sure that has to happen these days... ;)

penchief
09-12-2005, 06:28 PM

They left because they took personal responsibility to their behavior in Washington D.C. I lured those two people back to ChiefsPlanet by creating a special group to hide D.C. from view. Otherwise they would have been gone forever. I think I should be awarded a medal. I don't think this action has ANYTHING to do with the completely seperate action of removing D.C. as a sub-forum of the lounge.

Plus.... if it were some sort of conspiracy, why is there now a link on every single page of ChiefsPlanet (not just at the top of the Lounge) that will take you to the D.C. forum? Don't you think the conspirators would have squashed an effort to do that as well? Did they simply forget? Did a chinese throwing star pierce the "logic" epicenter of your brain?

Phobia,

I apologize if it seems like I'm giving you a hard time. That is not the case. I am simply a type 'A' that persists in understanding the underlying reasons for things. You are doing a fine job.

When I do find certain things questionable I question them. It doesn't mean that I am making accusations. I am probably going a little too far in pointing out my belief that the majority of those who used to visit the board have their own motives for wanting to undermine it's present form.

You're okay with me and I will lay off.

Todd

Mr. Kotter
09-12-2005, 06:29 PM
I don't think enough people died during a bout of incompetence for Phobes to earn a medal. I'm pretty sure that has to happen these days... ;)

Hey, what's with the technical difficulties at your joint today? It felt like I was here at the Planet, heh.

Mr. Kotter
09-12-2005, 06:31 PM
... I am simply a type 'A' that persists in understanding the underlying reasons for things. You are doing a fine job. ...You're okay with me and I will lay off.

Todd

I'm sure Phil feels much, much better about himself, now. ROFL

Taco John
09-12-2005, 06:32 PM
Hey, what's with the technical difficulties at your joint today? It felt like I was here at the Planet, heh.

We were affected by this (http://www.nbc4.tv/news/4962885/detail.html)

Mr. Kotter
09-12-2005, 06:35 PM
We were affected by this (http://www.nbc4.tv/news/4962885/detail.html)

Ah-ha.

penchief
09-12-2005, 06:40 PM
I'm sure Phil feels much, much better about himself, now. ROFL

Dude, I'm just trying to let him know that I'm not intentionally giving him a hard time. It seems like he's taken on a lot over this whole thing and he's trying to deal with it as respectfully as he can. And I respect that.

Phobia
09-12-2005, 06:48 PM
Phobia,

I apologize if it seems like I'm giving you a hard time. That is not the case. I am simply a type 'A' that persists in understanding the underlying reasons for things. You are doing a fine job.

When I do find certain things questionable I question them. It doesn't mean that I am making accusations. I am probably going a little too far in pointing out my belief that the majority of those who used to visit the board have their own motives for wanting to undermine it's present form.

Todd

Who is this reasonable person responding to me?

For future reference, I'm a conservative person but that doesn't affect my policy decisions on the board. There will never be any kind of conspiracy so long as I'm involved. I laboriously consider these decisions to ensure there is no unfairness to the left. There are no "underlying reasons".

Phobia
09-12-2005, 06:49 PM
Dude, I'm just trying to let him know that I'm not intentionally giving him a hard time. It seems like he's taken on a lot over this whole thing and he's trying to deal with it as respectfully as he can. And I respect that.

Respectfully? Heh heh. I've been pissing on your shoe for an hour.

Saulbadguy
09-12-2005, 06:53 PM
This is hilarious.

Logical
09-12-2005, 07:13 PM
ROFLROFLROFL

I just realized now there is no link back to the Lounge over here. Might as well have a truly separate site.

WoodDraw
09-12-2005, 07:44 PM
Yeah, who the ****'s idea was this? Are people really so bothered by the presence of a link at the top of The Lounge forum that they have to go all a tizzy and bitch over something as trivial as this? Tell them to **** off and get a life.

Phobia
09-12-2005, 07:49 PM
It was my idea. No tizzy. No bitching. I wanted to reduce the amount of subforums in the Lounge for the betterment of the site.

Baby Lee
09-12-2005, 07:51 PM
First they built the ghetto, now they've walled it off. Be wary, DC denizens, if they force you to put a Star of David in your avatar!!

totally kidding Phobes. Sorry you have to deal with this shithole, but I wish you the best in keeping it from turning the beloved Planet into Pigskin Park Part Deux.

htismaqe
09-12-2005, 07:55 PM
It was my idea. No tizzy. No bitching. I wanted to reduce the amount of subforums in the Lounge for the betterment of the site.

Way to take your ball and go home.

WoodDraw
09-12-2005, 08:00 PM

Ok, but you removed the subforum and then added a link at the top of every page and said that you plan to add the forum back in a few months. I'm just playing around and don't care about the few extra clicks but there seems to be a bit of a gap in the thought processs here.

Mosbonian
09-12-2005, 08:01 PM

I think abusive and insulting language in not indigenuous to either side...I've seen language that would make truckers and plumbers hide in shame come from both sides of the register.

mmaddog

htismaqe
09-12-2005, 08:11 PM
Ok, but you removed the subforum and then added a link at the top of every page and said that you plan to add the forum back in a few months. I'm just playing around and don't care about the few extra clicks but there seems to be a bit of a gap in the thought processs here.

The "gap" in his thought process arose when he decided to appease a small, but very whiney contingent of people that couldn't handle it.

Otherwise, the link would not be there.

go bowe
09-12-2005, 08:21 PM

Except - by God, you're right. The D.C. forum was only created a year ago. Every prior failed Denise banning wouldn't have resulted in the banishment of the D.C. forum into the Arrowhead forum because D.C. hadn't even yet been conceived. I think you're onto something. In fact, it may be time for me to come clean on a few things: Kotter, cochise, bunny, and a few other culprits devised an evil plan to remove D.C. entirely from ChiefsPlanet. But they couldn't come up with enough money to pay me off in that regard. So, they bought me beer and got me good and drunk - thereby brainwashing me into implimenting a diabolical plan, the movement of D.C. to the Arrowhead forum. I was paid off in beer and unlimited gay sex. I'm sorry. I'm just getting over the hangover now and feel horrible about all this.hey, you wouldn't happen to have any of that beer and unlimited gay sex left over, would you? :p :p :p

|Zach|
09-12-2005, 08:24 PM
The "gap" in his thought process arose when he decided to appease a small contingent of people
Isn't this what started all of this?

go bowe
09-12-2005, 08:38 PM

As far as the DC forum goes, it would have been more fair to hold a referendum on the forum itself instead of pitting the anti-forum votes against the other votes split five ways. But just like the attempts to ban denise failed so would have a referendum on the DC forum.sometimes you don't seem to "listen" real well...

let me summarize what i have seen in the thread so far...

nobody asked for anything... nobody requested special treatment...

phobia offered a screen view that didn't include d.c. to two people, it was his idea, not theirs...

btw, this is not a "debate" (why do i feel like kotter with all these quotation marks?), it's a thread announcing the results of a poll on what in the scheme of things is a quite inconsequential issue...

nobody has done away with d.c., just the subforum link in the lounge...

you might have had a point with respect to the way the poll was structured, but the question wasn't whether or not to keep the d.c. forum, it was which subforum should be moved (out of 5)?

even though i don't necessarily agree with the decision, it isn't the end of the world...

it was based on a reasonable question being voted on by the community, not some arbitrary mod idea or the result of cons whining...

sorry, there is no conspiracy, vast or right wing or whatever... :shake: :shake: :shake:

EDIT: never mind...

go bowe
09-12-2005, 08:41 PM

I think there is no doubt who the whiners really are.listen to yourself, man...

*holds nose*

go bowe
09-12-2005, 08:48 PM

Plus.... if it were some sort of conspiracy, why is there now a link on every single page of ChiefsPlanet (not just at the top of the Lounge) that will take you to the D.C. forum? Don't you think the conspirators would have squashed an effort to do that as well? Did they simply forget? Did a chinese throwing star pierce the "logic" epicenter of your brain?ahhh...

but the "conspirators" haven't spoken to the new issue of having a link to that dastardly d.c. forum appearing on the lounge page again...

i hope you haven't started a new shitstorm brewing because of this... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

and was it a chinese throwing star or something more congenital?

inquiring minds wants to knows... :harumph: :harumph: :harumph:

Boozer
09-12-2005, 08:50 PM
On the plus side, the links above (on the DC forum) render in Firefox in such a way as to make it look like there's a "Washington D.C. Planet Store."

go bowe
09-12-2005, 08:52 PM
If you really think that's what this is all about, you really are off your friggin' rocker.....

ROFLshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhush...

a little drama every now and then is a good thing... - t. jefferson

go bowe
09-12-2005, 08:55 PM
Phobia,

Todd*claps*

*mutters*darn, just when it was getting good...*mumbles*

Phobia
09-12-2005, 08:59 PM
On the plus side, the links above (on the DC forum) render in Firefox in such a way as to make it look like there's a "Washington D.C. Planet Store."

That will be fixed with a decent looking button soon.

Phobia
09-12-2005, 09:01 PM

The thought process had everything to do with screen real estate and nothing to do with D.C., libs, cons, moonbats, or anything else political.

Screen real estate. We recovered 5 lines and will get a 6th due to this decision soon. That's pretty good.

go bowe
09-12-2005, 09:08 PM
:thumb:

Mr. Kotter
09-12-2005, 10:02 PM

To be fair, I think BD's Girly Thread deserves a button of it's own there, too. Afterall, it gets more hits these days.

;)

memyselfI
09-12-2005, 10:03 PM

And a link back to the main forum...

and then I will call you the best moderator on the planet. :p

Logical
09-12-2005, 10:32 PM
And a link back to the main forum...

and then I will call you the best moderator on the planet. :pUntil then you can find a link back to the LOUNGE in my signature. I played all day trying to figure out a way to have the most recent DC's poster to appear in my signature. Did not figure it out but I have not given up yet. My evil knows no bounds. :evil:ROFL

Taco John
09-13-2005, 03:02 AM
Just my opinion... This is a death sentance for this place. This sub-community will be dead in no time flat. Oh well. At least it's football season.

Logical
09-13-2005, 03:17 AM
Just my opinion... This is a death sentance for this place. This sub-community will be dead in no time flat. Oh well. At least it's football season.I agree, you can already see the decrease in traffic on threads not related to the dropping of the subforum link. Maybe it is all for the best.

htismaqe
09-13-2005, 06:24 AM
Isn't this what started all of this?

Not in the least.

IIRC, the vote to create DC was overwhelming...

IIRC, the small, vocal contingent that is now fighting FOR DC was fighting against it before...

memyselfI
09-13-2005, 07:52 AM
Just my opinion... This is a death sentance for this place. This sub-community will be dead in no time flat. Oh well. At least it's football season.

Nonsense, the death sentence for this place has been first the debacle that is Iraq and then second the debacle that is Katrina...

the RWNJs always had in the back of their mind that DUHbya might not be able to run a war but he could sure run a national disaster, like he displayed after the initial seven minute pause with 9/11.

But even that idea has now been shot to shit so they have little else to defend him. Hence, why bother?

Radar Chief
09-13-2005, 08:00 AM
commie... :p :p :p

Mr. Kotter
09-13-2005, 08:01 AM
Nonsense, the death sentence for this place has been first the debacle that is Iraq and then second the debacle that is Katrina...

the RWNJs always had in the back of their mind that DUHbya might not be able to run a war but he could sure run a national disaster, like he displayed after the initial seven minute pause with 9/11.

But even that idea has now been shot to shit so they have little else to defend him. Hence, why bother?

You are SOOOOO F.O.S., it's hysterical.... ROFL

Radar Chief
09-13-2005, 08:20 AM

Wow, three sentences and not a single coherent point. ROFL
Had I not seen it myself, I’ve have never known it possible.

memyselfI
09-13-2005, 08:27 AM
Wow, three sentences and not a single coherent point. ROFL
Had I not seen it myself, I’ve have never known it possible.

Ah, a well thought out retort spoken with true geneous. :clap:

Radar Chief
09-13-2005, 08:56 AM
Ah, a well thought out retort spoken with true geneous. :clap:

Ah-hah, another one. I’m see’n a pattern of incoherence here, you feel’n OK Denise? :p

BTW, per Planet Lexicon that’s “genious” not “geneous”. :rolleyes:

Logical
09-13-2005, 11:58 AM
Not in the least.

IIRC, the vote to create DC was overwhelming...

IIRC, the small, vocal contingent that is now fighting FOR DC was fighting against it before...At least in my case you would be wrong, on the round where we actually voted to create a subforum for DC I voted for its creation. The election not politics in general was the reason for my vote. One thing that I recall was the forum was to only last until after the election which is not what ended up happening. I remember Jamie was shocked that I voted for it and oh by the way he is now for the banishment of this forum from the front page even though he was against it being removed in the first place. Same thing for Kotter so you do not have your story quite right Parker.

Logical
09-13-2005, 12:02 PM
totally kidding Phobes. Sorry you have to deal with this shithole, but I wish you the best in keeping it from turning the beloved Planet into Pigskin Park Part Deux.I do believe this move is much more in line with the type of effort that turned Pigskin Pen and Park into failures. You can already see the reduced traffic on both sides of the BBs.

Mr. Kotter
09-13-2005, 12:20 PM
... I remember Jamie was shocked that I voted for it and oh by the way he is now for the banishment of this forum from the front page even though he was against it being removed in the first place. Same thing for Kotter so you do not have your story quite right Parker.

IIRC, several of us that use to enjoy DC voted against a separate forum initially, because didn't want to see those threads disappear entirely from the forum....as we thought might happen. However, in the end, I was supportive of the idea, once we hashed the particulars out.

If DC were still simply a place for playful banter and, occasionally, serious debate, I'd still be supportive of it.

As it is, a cesspool of vitriolic partisan attacks and propagandistic demagoguery (from radicals of both the left and right), it is of little value to many of us. Of course, other than the bit of rubber-necking and amusement some of us find in such dumbassery.

|Zach|
09-13-2005, 12:22 PM
If DC were still simply a place for playful banter and, occasionally, serious debate, I'd still be supportive of it.

As it is, a cesspool of vitriolic partisan attacks and propagandistic demagoguery (from radicals of both the left and right), it is of little value to many of us. Of course, other than the bit of rubber-necking and amusement some of us find in such dumbassery.
Rob, we get it. You have made this post dozens of times...you think DC is childish and you are above it. It is there for you amusment.

10-4 buddy. We got your take.

Mr. Kotter
09-13-2005, 12:22 PM
.... You can already see the reduced traffic on both sides of the BBs.

Here? Yes.

The Lounge? No.

I suspect that Parker or Phil have the statistics to back that up.

Mr. Kotter
09-13-2005, 12:24 PM
Rob, we get it. You have made this post dozens of times...you think DC is childish and you are above it. It is there for you amusment.

10-4 buddy. We got your take.

Not everyone lives here and reads every post and thread, like some of us. :shrug:

|Zach|
09-13-2005, 12:27 PM
Not everyone lives here and reads every post and thread, like some of us. :shrug:
You don't have to be on here 24\7 to have read that same post a million times. To quote by old friend Stevieray "You are trying to hard..."

To act holier than thou political board.

It has always been what it is...always...some act like there was this big shift. Not true. I don't know how you woke up one day and felt like you were above it. Thats all good im just wondering how much longer we have to read the memo.

Logical
09-13-2005, 12:46 PM
You don't have to be on here 24\7 to have read that same post a million times. To quote by old friend Stevieray "You are trying to hard..."

It has always been what it is...always...some act like there was this big shift. Not true. I don't know how you woke up one day and felt like you were above it. Thats all good im just wondering how much longer we have to read the memo.Zach it is his latest attack du jour. DenverChief, Heln etc now the DC Forum itself. He will find something else he thinks he can expose/debunk soon and move on, wait and see. He just has to have something he can ridicule in his life to feel whole.

Now me I have decided just to make that object him, for a while now and forever, to constantly remind him what he is like. The great thing is he cannot run away just by hiding from this forum because I post more in the Lounge than he does.

Phobia
09-13-2005, 12:56 PM
I do believe this move is much more in line with the type of effort that turned Pigskin Pen and Park into failures. You can already see the reduced traffic on both sides of the BBs.

Before you make that type of judgement, you should consider that the Chiefs won big Sunday. 2003 was one of our worst trafficked years at ChiefsPlanet. When the Chiefs are playing well, there's nothing to bitch about. That, IMO has reduced traffic this week. I think you give the D.C. forum too much credit. D.C. doesn't drive traffic on ChiefsPlanet. For most people, it is but a small portion of the experience.

Radar Chief
09-13-2005, 01:12 PM
Before you make that type of judgement, you should consider that the Chiefs won big Sunday. 2003 was one of our worst trafficked years at ChiefsPlanet. When the Chiefs are playing well, there's nothing to bitch about. That, IMO has reduced traffic this week. I think you give the D.C. forum too much credit. D.C. doesn't drive traffic on ChiefsPlanet. For most people, it is but a small portion of the experience.

ROFL That’s just amazing isn't it?

Logical
09-13-2005, 01:22 PM
ROFL That’s just amazing isn't it?Based on that I hope traffic in the Lounge comes to a halt.

Mr. Kotter
09-13-2005, 01:45 PM
Rob, we get it....you think DC is childish and you are above it. It is there for you amusment.

FTR, to clarify....I've never, ever used the term "childish." It's actually worse than that in my view: it's more like adults who "want" to engage in discussions, but who are actually disengenuous about it.

Rational and reasonable people should be able to have discussions withou resorting to demagoguery and propaganda. Unfortunately, that sort of thing tends to snowball...which, sadly, means, some of us react in kind, myself included. If you consider that childish, apparently; I wouldn't put it that way.

I consider it an inability of reasonable people, who should be capable, to disagree in a rational way.

|Zach|
09-13-2005, 01:47 PM
FTR, to clarify....I've never, ever used the term "childish." It's actually worse than that in my view: it's more like adults who "want" to engage in discussions, but who are actually disengenuous about it.

Rational and reasonable people should be able to have discussions withou resorting to demagoguery and propaganda. Unfortunately, that sort of thing tends to snowball...which, sadly, means, some of us react in kind, myself included. If you consider that childish, apparently; I wouldn't put it that way.

I consider it an inability of reasonable people, who should be capable, to disagree in a rational way.
Its always been like that. This is what I find so funny. You were as active as anyone in there for a long time...then you wake up and its above you.

Amazing man...

Radar Chief
Based on that I hope traffic in the Lounge comes to a halt.

:thumb: ;)

memyselfI
Rational and reasonable people should be able to have discussions withou resorting to demagoguery and propaganda.

Have you informed ALL of your personalities of your belief, Sybil?

memyselfI
09-13-2005, 01:48 PM
Its always been like that. This is what I find so funny. You were as active as anyone in there for a long time...then you wake up and its above you.

Amazing man...

Cut him some slack. He's got detachment personality disorder. I'm just not sure which of his __ number of personalities he's detached from. :hmmm: The combinations of detachment could be in the 6 figures. :shake:

Mr. Kotter
09-13-2005, 01:51 PM
To quote by old friend Stevieray "You are trying to hard..."

It has always been what it is...always...some act like there was this big shift. Not true. I don't know how you woke up one day and felt like you were above it. Thats all good im just wondering how much longer we have to read the memo.

What you and Stevie may consider it "trying too hard," is genuine desire for reasonable discussion. At least it used to be. I'm continually amazed at how clarvoyant we think we can be over the internet--me included sometimes.

If you recall it as always being that way, fine. I don't though. I didn't wake up one day above it; I woke up one day, realizing....."Ya know, I enjoy rolling around in the mud once in awhile too; but now that they are descending into the sewer, I'm gonna pass. Either they come back out of the sewer, or I'll just egg 'em on from the sidelines for a laugh."

Logical
09-13-2005, 01:53 PM
Cut him some slack. He's got detachment personality disorder. I'm just not sure which of his __ number of personalities he's detached from. :hmmm: The combinations of detachment could be in the 6 figures. :shake:ROFLROFLROFL

Mr. Kotter
09-13-2005, 01:54 PM
Have you informed ALL of your personalities of your belief, Sybil?

Sybil was part of what I considered rolling around in the mud....realizing that others may disagree, and consider that a part of the descent into the sewer. :shrug:

:D

memyselfI
09-13-2005, 01:56 PM
Sybil was part of what I considered rolling around in the mud....realizing that others may disagree, and consider that a part of the descent into the sewer. :shrug:

:D

Yes, I would agree. Anyone who would register under multiple names, failing to identify themselves in the process, and then join together to agree with themselves or to gang flamebait is rolling in the mud. :thumb:

Mr. Kotter
09-13-2005, 01:56 PM
Cut him some slack. He's got detachment personality disorder. I'm just not sure which of his __ number of personalities he's detached from. :hmmm: The combinations of detachment could be in the 6 figures. :shake:

If you had any idea WTH you were talking about, and were not simply FOS....it might actually insult me. :D

Mr. Kotter
09-13-2005, 01:58 PM
... failing to identify themselves in the process, ...

And, IF you truly believe that, you are both blind and stupid. So, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt....and presume you don't truly believe that.

Although, with your penchant for rewriting history, I'd have to wonder. :)

|Zach|
09-13-2005, 01:58 PM
What you and Stevie may consider it "trying too hard," is genuine desire for reasonable discussion. At least it used to be. I'm continually amazed at how clarvoyant we think we can be over the internet--me included sometimes.

If you recall it as always being that way, fine. I don't though. I didn't wake up one day above it; I woke up one day, realizing....."Ya know, I enjoy rolling around in the mud once in awhile too; but now that they are descending into the sewer, I'm gonna pass. Either they come back out of the sewer, or I'll just egg 'em on from the sidelines for a laugh."
What bullshit. Oh well par for the course with you man...

You're way to good for it...who would ever stoop to things of that nature.

To think that at one point DC was a resonable place... ROFL

Mr. Kotter
09-13-2005, 02:03 PM
What bullshit. Oh well par for the course with you man...

You're way to good for it...who would ever stoop to things of that nature.

To think that at one point DC was a resonable place... ROFL

That was LONG, LONG after the descent to the sewer began; and, definitely, the bottom of my contributions to it.

We've all had our less proud moments; I can even think of a couple of yours....but I'll pass.

|Zach|
09-13-2005, 02:07 PM
That was LONG, LONG after the descent to the sewer began; and, definitely, the bottom of my contributions to it.

We've all had our less proud moments; I can even think of a couple of yours....but I'll pass.
I am not here acting like I have not had them. You could nail me if I was going on and on about how board spats between different users just started in the lounge and I decided I am too good to partake in them...but you know what? They have been going on forever...

But excuse me, I will sit and watch while you remind us AGAIN that you woke up and realized something that has been the same all along and were too good for it. Thats cool man, I expect it from you. Why not call things as they are?

Mr. Kotter
09-13-2005, 02:15 PM
...I will sit and watch while you remind us AGAIN that you woke up and realized something that has been the same all along and were too good for it. Thats cool man, I expect it from you. Why not call things as they are?....

To say it hasn't gotten worse, ignores what Russ, Cochise, Stevie, and BabyLee.....to name a few.....have also said. Fine, you think you know something we don't I guess. That, or worse, you subscribe to the penchief-De nise-Jim conspriracy theory-"I'm gonna take my ball and go home" verson of this--which is laugable.

Is it your opinion, then, that there has never been meaningful discussion, serious and heartfelt debate, or sincere disagreements and attempts to understand the "other side"? That seems to be what you are saying.

If so, I say you are wrong.

|Zach|
09-13-2005, 02:19 PM
To say it hasn't gotten worse, ignores what Russ, Cochise, Stevie, and BabyLee.....to name a few.....have also said. Fine, you think you know something we don't I guess. That, or worse, you subscribe to the penchief-De nise-Jim conspriracy theory-"I'm gonna take my ball and go home" verson of this--which is laugable.

Is it your opinion, then, that there has never been meaningful discussion, serious and heartfelt debate, or sincere disagreements and attempts to understand the "other side"? That seems to be what you are saying.

No, I wouldn't say that at all...

I say there is some there...not a lot of it. Just like in the past...

Some there, not a whole lot.

I don't really believe in the "take my ball and go home" thing but with the way events in the political spectrum flow and the way debates flowed and participation varied int he forum makes me laugh...its pretty interesting.

Mr. Kotter
09-13-2005, 02:39 PM
No, I wouldn't say that at all...

I say there is some there...not a lot of it. Just like in the past...

Some there, not a whole lot.

I don't really believe in the "take my ball and go home" thing but with the way events in the political spectrum flow and the way debates flowed and participation varied int he forum makes me laugh...its pretty interesting.

That's fair enough, I guess.

I just think it's gotten a lot, LOT, worse over the past year or so (first, in the NFTs in the Lounge, then here in DC.) I'm not saying I haven't contributed, because I have.

I just think there was a time when, say, 20-30% of serious posts were reasonable discourse. Lately, there are a lot less such discussions. In my view, it's because of the poisoned atmosphere of the place. JMHO.

WoodDraw
09-13-2005, 06:46 PM

Just for fun, let's recall one of Mr. Kotter's (aka Mr. Rational and Reasonable) great retorts:

"I'll bet you and pennchief work for friggin' Amnesty International or some other bullshit pansy commie-lovin' MFing group like that....."

Ah, yes. Now those were the good days...

go bowe
09-13-2005, 06:55 PM
i dunno...

the only real change i've seen is that there are many more from the left who post there now...

it seems to me that the facts are:

after a long transistion period, the "conservatives" were no longer in the majority in this forum...

awhile later, a number of people leave or say they've left (even though they may, like you, continue to post here)...

now hardly anybody comes around from the old gang, and it's lonely, lonely i tells ya... :deevee: :deevee: :deevee:

go bowe
09-13-2005, 06:57 PM
Just for fun, let's recall one of Mr. Kotter's (aka Mr. Rational and Reasonable) great retorts:

"I'll bet you and pennchief work for friggin' Amnesty International or some other bullshit pansy commie-lovin' MFing group like that....."

Ah, yes. Now those were the good days...hey, that was a long time ago...

things have changed since then, haven't you heard?

penchief
09-13-2005, 06:58 PM

Daaang......how did I miss that? I don't think I was even involved in that debate. Guess I pissed him off at some time or other.

go bowe
09-13-2005, 07:00 PM
Daaang......how did I miss that? I don't think I was even involved in that debate. Guess I pissed him off at some time or other.try to keep up..

Mr. Kotter
09-13-2005, 07:25 PM

If you are gonna quote me, at least you can be accurate...and provide context :rolleyes: .

1. It was RECENTLY.
2. You forgot the smiley...;)
3. I was right--nychief admitted he did work for that VERY group, shortly after my post.
4. I've never denied contributing to it.

And, FTR, it's that kinda crap....inspired by crap in kind....that has me wishing for the good ole days.

penchief
09-13-2005, 07:41 PM
That, or worse, you subscribe to the penchief-De nise-Jim conspriracy theory-"I'm gonna take my ball and go home" verson of this--which is laugable.

In an effort to keep up this looks like as good a place as any to try and clarify my position.

I never really thought that the mods were conspiring to do away with the DC planet because it was suddenly full of liberals. On the other hand, I do believe that those conservatives who formerly relished the opportunity to join their fellow clones in a liberal-bashing circle jerk used the poll as an opportunity to retreat from their currently unfavorable political environment by blaming the low-brow partisan behavior of liberals.

The corresponding thread not only reinforced those suspicions but, IMO, exposed the hypocricy that I accused them of.

There have been many, many meaningful discussions on this board. I have been involved in many of those discussions. To suggest that meaningful discussion is no longer viable because there are too many partisan liberals dominating the debate is a little narrow-minded and hypocritical, IMO.

Conservatives shouldn't dish it out if they can't take it. That has always been my position on this matter.

|Zach|
09-13-2005, 07:42 PM
i dunno...

the only real change i've seen is that there are many more from the left who post there now...

after a long transistion period, the "conservatives" were no longer in the majority in this forum...

awhile later, a number of people leave or say they've left (even though they may, like you, continue to post here)...

now hardly anybody comes around from the old gang, and it's lonely, lonely i tells ya... :deevee: :deevee: :deevee:
Indeed...

WoodDraw
09-13-2005, 08:10 PM
If you are gonna quote me, at least you can be accurate...and provide context :rolleyes: .

1. It was RECENTLY.
2. You forgot the smiley...;)
3. I was right--nychief admitted he did work for that VERY group, shortly after my post.
4. I've never denied contributing to it.

And, FTR, it's that kinda crap....inspired by crap in kind....that has me wishing for the good ole days.

1. Ok
2. The smiley next to that quote was :shake:.
3. You were talking to penchief and me, not nychief.
4. Ok

Just pointing out the hypocrisy here. I hate the Oops, RWNJ, liberal whatever, and so on posts as much as anyone though and would love to see a better DC forum. Everyone needs to do a better job of staying constructive and away from the sophmoric posts, myself certainly included.

Mr. Kotter
09-13-2005, 08:30 PM
1. Ok
2. The smiley next to that quote was :shake:.
3. You were talking to penchief and me, not nychief.
4. Ok

Just pointing out the hypocrisy here. I hate the Oops, RWNJ, liberal whatever, and so on posts as much as anyone though and would love to see a better DC forum. Everyone needs to do a better job of staying constructive and away from the sophmoric posts, myself certainly included.

2. Sorry; most of the smilies are just indicative of differing moods of TIC/silly-to-tit-for-tat banter....my attempt to keep it from really getting personally insulting, as opposed to a generalized stereotype that I may find applicable in a given situation or post.
3. Are you sure? Maybe I said it twice then....heh. Because I know I "outed" nychief with a very similar quote. :p ...(My apologies for the redundancy of that post, Zach....)

Unfortunately, a better DC doesn't seem possible; and according to Zach, John, and others....alas, may never have been in the first place. I know it's always tended toward silliness and nastiness, often; I guess I was just under the mistaken impression that I'd had some genuinely nice/enlightening discussions here.

Mr. Kotter
09-13-2005, 08:38 PM
i dunno...

Yes, the change you describe has happened, but not for the reasons offered by those favoring the "conspiracy theory" angle, IMO.

If both sides made more of an attempt to be open-minded (and I mean, both sides; many claiming to be "open-minded" are among the most stubborn and narrow-minded people I've ever met....including many of the lefties that post here), and to be civil....at least on occasion....then the place might have worked. I suspect we are past that.

go bowe
09-13-2005, 10:05 PM
Yes, the change you describe has happened, but not for the reasons offered by those favoring the "conspiracy theory" angle, IMO.

If both sides made more of an attempt to be open-minded (and I mean, both sides; many claiming to be "open-minded" are among the most stubborn and narrow-minded people I've ever met....including many of the lefties that post here), and to be civil....at least on occasion....then the place might have worked. I suspect we are past that.i didn't attribute any motives for the facts i listed, which were just my personal observations...

but i'm pretty sure that i don't subscribe to the take my ball home theory which has been floated...

i do however suspect that it became less fun for some when they could no longer gang up (or pile) on the few pitiful libbies who frequented this site before...

several of those rascals were driven away, or banned or otherwise discouraged from remaining in the d.c. forum...

but then there were just too many of them...

they've taken over the forum and now nobody (well almost nobody) wants to play anymore...

it is disheartening... :( :( :(

|Zach|
09-13-2005, 10:17 PM
i didn't attribute any motives for the facts i listed, which were just my personal observations...

but i'm pretty sure that i don't subscribe to the take my ball home theory which has been floated...

i do however suspect that it became less fun for some when they could no longer gang up (or pile) on the few pitiful libbies who frequented this site before...

several of those rascals were driven away, or banned or otherwise discouraged from remaining in the d.c. forum...

but then there were just too many of them...

they've taken over the forum and now nobody (well almost nobody) wants to play anymore...

it is disheartening... :( :( :(
I hate to pull a Chief Henry but ahain...total agreement.

Boozer
09-13-2005, 10:28 PM

I belive you mean:

REP!!!! :IA:

Mr. Kotter
09-13-2005, 10:41 PM

You are free to join John in being wrong. :D

Some libbies may have been driven away by dumbassery. Others, however, are being driven away by redundant and propagandizing argumentation being offered a handfull of posters who insist on making a mockery of the place.

I'm okay with dumbassery (obviously)--even a majority of the time. But 95% of the posts in DC anymore are simply duplicitous and vacous drivel, IMO. :shrug:

The Pedestrian
09-13-2005, 10:45 PM
Interesting...

alanm
09-14-2005, 02:32 AM
i dunno...

Who in their right mind would want to hang out here anymore. When you're constantly bombarded with retoric running down your country, your political party and President?. Those people who's sole existance is to find fault or what's wrong and point fingers but offer no solutions are not worth the time or trouble to debate any longer. It's a exercise in futility. I've better things to do with my time than hang around a swirling cesspool of negativity. I now know how Russ feels. I'd be better off beating my head against a cement wall. It's just not worth it.

ENDelt260
09-14-2005, 02:46 AM
As long as we're rehashing old sucky discussions, none of you are real fans anyway.

htismaqe
09-14-2005, 08:03 AM
You know Kotter, for someone who hates this place so much, you sure spend alot of time here...

:hmmm:

Radar Chief
09-14-2005, 08:07 AM
Quick question, would it be possible to get a link thingy like the “Washington D.C.” one at the top of the page that would take us back to the “Lounge”?
It’d make going between the boards easier.

Phobia
09-14-2005, 08:09 AM
Who in their right mind would want to hang out here anymore. When you're constantly bombarded with retoric running down your country, your political party and President?. Those people who's sole existance is to find fault or what's wrong and point fingers but offer no solutions are not worth the time or trouble to debate any longer.

Yeah. Sometimes it's like they're parasites waiting around for the next chink in the armor to latch onto. No ideas, no compassion, nor drive to make it better. They like to wallow in the squalor, pointing fingers and bitching. It's really very sad. I wish I could somehow dictate some rule that would require every negative political point to be countered by something positive, an idea to "repair".... I dunno. Maybe I'm the dipshit.

Phobia
09-14-2005, 08:10 AM
Quick question, would it be possible to get a link thingy like the “Washington D.C.” one at the top of the page that would take us back to the “Lounge”?
It’d make going between the boards easier.

Yeah - we're gonna reorganize that entire side soon.

mlyonsd
09-14-2005, 08:19 AM
Yeah. Sometimes it's like they're parasites waiting around for the next chink in the armor to latch onto. No ideas, no compassion, nor drive to make it better. They like to wallow in the squalor, pointing fingers and bitching. It's really very sad. I wish I could somehow dictate some rule that would require every negative political point to be countered by something positive, an idea to "repair".... I dunno. Maybe I'm the dipshit.

Solutions to problems and not just bitching????????

Crazy talk man, crazy.

Mr. Kotter
09-14-2005, 08:22 AM
You know Kotter, for someone who hates this place so much, you sure spend alot of time here...

:hmmm:

I had hopes that we could turn it around in here.

Check my post count over here, during the last 3-4 months--it's been a gradual decline. There have been days here or there when I get into one of these discussions about THE FORUM itself when I'll post. Most of my other appearances and postings are generally few and far between of late.

Mr. Kotter
09-14-2005, 08:27 AM

No, you are exactly right. That's what I've been tryin' to say the whole thread. But it's like Alan said: it's all negativity, all the time.

Once again, it's not the dumbassery that's annoyed me--I expect that; hell I enjoy that. It's the total lack of anything positive being offered by many of the prominent posters over here.

How the hell you legislate "requir(ing) every negative political point to be countered by something positive," outside of a gentlemen's agreement (that in all likelihood would quickly be forgotten or ignored) among posters is beyond me.

Phobia
09-14-2005, 08:46 AM
How the hell you legislate "requir(ing) every negative political point to be countered by something positive," outside of a gentlemen's agreement (that in all likelihood would quickly be forgotten or ignored) among posters is beyond me.

I wouldn't even try. I think that would be overstepping my boundries and earn me an accurate fascist label.

Saulbadguy
09-14-2005, 09:29 AM
I think this forum is funny. Funny ha-ha, as in entertaining. Every issue just boils down to this:

Liberal posts an article blaming things on Bush.
Conservative posts an article blaming things on people other than Bush.

Circlejerk. Rinse, repeat. Don't really have to read further in to any of the threads. I'm just amazed certain idiots can't lighten up and take it for what its worth, a political discussion forum. The fact that people left just because they can't control themselves on a discussion forum is downright funny to me.

I also find it funny that there are a few people on each side that only participate in DC, very rarely will you see them poke their heads on the main forum. I wouldn't mind that at all, but those same people sometimes like to get in to a legimate main forum thread and ruin it with their personal vendettas against one another.

DC won't get "worse". It won't kill this board. Its just going through a time where each and every issue comes down to 2 things. Bush's fault, or not Bush's fault. When/if a Democrat is elected president in 2008, the same thing will happen, with the sides reversed. Guaranteed. Keep it up though, its entertaining.