PDA

View Full Version : You can't give LJ just 9 carries game! LJ can rush for 2000 yards, Priest can't!

chiefsfan1963
09-12-2005, 02:14 PM
Priest 22 carries, 85 yds
LJ 9 carries, 110 yds

You have to wonder what would happen if LJ got the 22 carries going forward!

I'm sorry but you have to give the ball to LJ most of the time.

ChiefsCountry
09-12-2005, 02:17 PM
Umm Priest is still the #2 back in the whole league, LJ is a really good backup but geez Priest is a stud.

carlos3652
09-12-2005, 02:18 PM
ummm roaf got hurt... hence priest not getting as many yards after he left... he relies on him more than LJ does...

I do agree that he should get the rock more if roaf is out in week 2

Coogs
09-12-2005, 02:19 PM
Umm Priest is still the #2 back in the whole league, LJ is a really good backup but geez Priest is a stud.

This just in.... LJ is a stud too!

Wallcrawler
09-12-2005, 02:21 PM
Johnson is a great guy to have in the rotation, but no way you just take Priest Holmes off the football field.

And eh, apparently we CAN just give LJ the ball 9 times a game. He got his 100+ yards and 2 scores and we won.

Whats the problem?

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-12-2005, 02:22 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=123883

this looks familiar....

penchief
09-12-2005, 02:23 PM

LJ is more than a backup and ever since he's been given the opportunity he has looked better than Priest. Priest is a great back but LJ looks more like a stud. You'd be hard pressed to find another back in the league that looks as strong as LJ right now.

StcChief
09-12-2005, 02:26 PM
Just Run over/past the Raiders I don't care gets the rock.

chiefsfan1963
Johnson is a great guy to have in the rotation, but no way you take Priest Holmes off the football field.

And eh, apparently we CAN just give LJ the ball 9 times a game. He got his 100+ yards and 2 scores and we won.

Whats the problem?

The problem is you get more production from LJ overall! If he can do what he did with 9 carries, what will be the result if he can get 20 plus carries? I'm sorry you have to give him that chance! It's about the present, not the past!

Mr. Laz
just hush... LJ will get more carries as the season progresses if he continues to produce.

Tuckdaddy
09-12-2005, 02:27 PM
Over 100 yards and 2td's and you are complaining? WTF. He got playing time but he has not taken over Holmes starting job.

Coogs
09-12-2005, 02:29 PM
LJ is more than a backup and ever since he's been given the opportunity he has looked better than Priest. Priest is a great back but LJ looks more like the part of stud.

Priest may very well be the #2 RB in the league. LJ may very well be the #1 back in the league. In the 6 or 7 games LJ has been on the field, he has been nothing short of sensational.

chiefsfan1963
09-12-2005, 02:36 PM
Over 100 yards and 2td's and you are complaining? WTF. He got playing time but he has not taken over Holmes starting job.

LJ has the ability to rush for 2000 yds this season! He's young and prime for this! It would be a shame not to give LJ the opportunity!

Wallcrawler
09-12-2005, 02:38 PM
The problem is you get more production from LJ overall! If he can do what he did with 9 carries, what will be the result if he can get 20 plus carries? I'm sorry you have to give him that chance! It's about the present, not the past!

Youre a stat freak. Relax.

The only thing that matters is winning the football game and having 2 healthy backs through the season, especially having a healthy Priest Holmes at playoff time, not whether or not Johnson could rush for 200 yards and 4 scores in one game, or get 2,000 yards in a season.

Individual stats should NOT be the focus of a football team. Winning the game comes first.

Besides, you dont know anymore than I do that Priests 25 carries didnt contribute to Johnson's success on only 9 carries.

Yes, Johnson had the big 35 yarder early, but so did Priest.

Larry Johnson's second scoring series was late in the football game, after Priest had been running at them all game. They were tired, wore down, and a fresh Larry Johnson coming in is a tough thing to stop.

Johnson is a young guy, and his time is rapidly approaching. But there is no way in hell that you bench Holmes in favor of Larry Johnson. Remember, this is the single season TD record holder we are talking about here.

4th and Long
09-12-2005, 02:40 PM
LJ has the ability to rush for 2000 yds this season! He's young and prime for this! It would be a shame not to give LJ the opportunity!
Priest and LJ are both in the top ten rushing category after yesterday. This is a wonderful tandem we have. It's not going to change. Vermeil made that clear during his post game comments. This tandem keeps the defense off balance.

We wiped the field with the Jets yesterday and you have the nerve to complain? Please ...

tk13
09-12-2005, 02:40 PM
That's the whole reason you keep giving LJ 10-12 carries. He's not going to average over 10 yards a carry for 25 carries every game. That is impossible. I don't think it's quite as impossible that if you only give him 10-12 carries he could put up some pretty sick ypc numbers because he'll be 100% fresh and beating up on a defense that Priest Holmes has weakened.

Mr. Laz
09-12-2005, 02:42 PM
besides limiting LJ carries keeps him pissed ROFL

chiefsfan1963
09-12-2005, 02:43 PM
It would be a crying shame not to let LJ be in a position to reach the 2000 yds plus club! Let's let go of the past folks and face facts. LJ is our best back! Give LJ the freakin the ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LJ would have had 185 yds yesterday if he got 22 carries instead of Priest!

Mile High Mania
09-12-2005, 02:44 PM
It has begun... trade Priest now!!

Mr. Laz
09-12-2005, 02:44 PM
WTF ... didn't you just post a thread about this 10 minutes ago. :mad:

Rain Man
09-12-2005, 02:46 PM
Chiefsfan1963 just made a post like this, too. Chiefsfan1963 and Chiefsfan1963 really think a lot alike.

tk13
Could we get a mod to merge this with this guy's other thread? I'm gonna start going Rambo here if we keep having these threads on the front page.

chiefsfan1963

The only thing that matters is winning the football game and having 2 healthy backs through the season, especially having a healthy Priest Holmes at playoff time, not whether or not Johnson could rush for 200 yards and 4 scores in one game, or get 2,000 yards in a season.

Individual stats should NOT be the focus of a football team. Winning the game comes first.

Besides, you dont know anymore than I do that Priests 25 carries didnt contribute to Johnson's success on only 9 carries.

Larry Johnson's second scoring series was late in the football game, after Priest had been running at them all game. They were tired, wore down, and a fresh Larry Johnson coming in is a tough thing to stop.

Johnson is a young guy, and his time is rapidly approaching. But there is no way in hell that you bench Holmes in favor of Larry Johnson. Remember, this is the single season TD record holder we are talking about here.

With LJ averaging 180 yds a game, the chiefs are going to win a lot of games !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give LJ the freakin ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Wallcrawler
Wow. Starting another thread on the same subject.

Who cares if Johnson could have had 185 yards in the game?

CHIEFS WON.

Individual stats should never, NEVER be the goal of a team. The goal is to win, not get an insane statline.

Go back to your videogames boy, this is the real world.

penchief
Priest may very well be the #2 RB in the league. LJ may very well be the #1 back in the league. In the 6 or 7 games LJ has been on the field, he has been nothing short of sensational.

You're right.

I believe this is going to be an evolution. Chief fans are a loyal lot, myself included. What will happen, IMO, is the same thing that happened to me while watching Penn State. What LJ does is create anticipation for his next carry. One by one, Chief fans will feel the urge to see him get that opportunity as much as possible. He does not disappoint. You really do get the sense that he can take it to the house or do something special any time he gets his hands on the ball. He's special. He has that ability to fulfill Bo Jackson's potential. He creates the kind of anticiapation and excitement that one used to get when OJ got the ball. Jim Brown was more elusive and more powerful but LJ has Jim Brown type attributes and there hasn't been many backs in this league that you can say that about.

I continue in my attempts to enlighten. We are damn lucky to have LJ.

Coogs
09-12-2005, 02:47 PM
We wiped the field with the Jets yesterday and you have the nerve to complain? Please ...

I know I am not complaining, but count me in the group that wants to see LJ get more carries. The last 5 or 6 games last year, LJ was the man. Didn't need anyone to "wear the defense down" to get his yards.

The guy is a stud. And he is already a bit miffed at not being used for 2 years. Contract time could get ugly, and I would really hate to lose this guy.

Coogs
09-12-2005, 02:49 PM
besides limiting LJ carries keeps him pissed ROFL

And we may regret that when his contract is up.

Spicy McHaggis
09-12-2005, 02:50 PM

Exactly. And I would hope if one were to approach LJ and ask him if he would content with 10-15 carries a game and a big old ring at the end of the season his answer would be "Hell the **** yeah"

4th and Long
09-12-2005, 02:50 PM
It would be a crying shame not to let LJ be in a position to reach the 2000 yds plus club! Let's let go of the past folks and face facts. LJ is our best back! Give LJ the freakin the ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LJ would have had 185 yds yesterday if he got 22 carries instead of Priest!
I'm sorry but you're a bonified idiot who concentrates way too much on statistics and obviously knows nothing about how to run a successful offense.

*Hint* Yesterdays display was a successful offensive performance.

chiefsfan1963
09-12-2005, 02:53 PM
Could we get a mod to merge this with this guy's other thread? I'm gonna start going Rambo here if we keep having these threads on the front page.
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Wallcrawler
09-12-2005, 02:53 PM
Right, so lets just BENCH the single season touchdown record holder and the guy that has been the heart and soul of the Chiefs offense for the entire span of their offensive dominance.

GET A F'IN GRIP.

Holmes still has it. He just showed it. He's consistent, hes done it all, and he's the biggest security blanket the Chiefs have right now. He doesnt have a lot of time left, so you keep him on the field.

The time is rapidly approaching when we wont have Priest Holmes anymore, and then Johnson will be the guy and all you statfreaks can get out your boxes of kleenex and go to town.

Winning is what matters, not your statline.

Making defenses gameplan for both Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson is just one more thing that is going to make this offense great. Johnson will get his chances, and for the most part, he makes the most of them. His time is coming, but theres no way you sit a healthy Priest Holmes.

No way.

chiefsfan1963
09-12-2005, 02:56 PM
Wow. Starting another thread on the same subject.

Who cares if Johnson could have had 185 yards in the game?

CHIEFS WON.

Individual stats should never, NEVER be the goal of a team. The goal is to win, not get an insane statline.

Go back to your videogames boy, this is the real world.

You'll feel different if Chiefs lose and LJ only gets 9 carries while Priest gets 22 for 60 yds!!!

tk13
09-12-2005, 02:58 PM
And we may regret that when his contract is up.
I think that's overblown. Him and Carl get along. It'll have a lot to do with if Saunders is the coach or not. By the time his contract comes around Priest will have retired, LJ will be the man, so he'll have the same opportunity here he'll get anywhere else. It'll just come down to us paying him. I'd be afraid to see what a signing bonus for an elite player will be by that time, probably quite a chunk of money, and I doubt he'll cut us any slack, but that's something to worry about years down the road. As long as we have the franchise tag we'll be alright.

Rain Man
09-12-2005, 02:58 PM

I'm going to go Rocky. Rocky III.

Bearcat
09-12-2005, 02:59 PM
I'm sorry you have to give him that chance! It's about the present, not the past!

IMO, it's about the future, and I think the Chiefs are doing a fine job of handling the situation. DV said today they had the plan for 2 series with Priest and one with Larry. He said this was because of the heat yesterday. He also said this plan will change week to week.

It's not just about giving the ball to the player that had the highest YPC the last game or even about keeping both players happy.... the big picture is that teams are going to have to deal with a different scheme every week. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I saw them in the backfield together yesterday... maybe they do that next week. Maybe they give LJ most of the carries the week after that to rest Priest. It's slightly more complicated than multiplying 22 by 12.

Bearcat
09-12-2005, 03:00 PM
Right, so lets just BENCH the single season touchdown record holder and the guy that has been the heart and soul of the Chiefs offense for the entire span of their offensive dominance.

GET A F'IN GRIP.

Holmes still has it. He just showed it. He's consistent, hes done it all, and he's the biggest security blanket the Chiefs have right now. He doesnt have a lot of time left, so you keep him on the field.

The time is rapidly approaching when we wont have Priest Holmes anymore, and then Johnson will be the guy and all you statfreaks can get out your boxes of kleenex and go to town.

Winning is what matters, not your statline.

Making defenses gameplan for both Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson is just one more thing that is going to make this offense great. Johnson will get his chances, and for the most part, he makes the most of them. His time is coming, but theres no way you sit a healthy Priest Holmes.

No way.

Er, what he said... guess I shouldn't get distracted by shiny objects while posting....

penchief

This is what I've been talking about and what pisses me off. According to some of you, LJ's dominance is always due to someone else's greatness. "Priest wore the defense down," "Weigmann opened a hole," "nobody touched him," blah, blah, blah.

The truth is that this has been LJ's mode of operation his entire football career. The dude doesn't average 8 yards per carry because everybody else carries his water. He really is a potential 2000yd rusher. Since he's been given the chance he's outplayed Priest. Period. So stop giving credit to Priest for LJ's dominance. Stop giving Priest the credit when he runs and someone else the credit when LJ runs.

LJ outperforms Priest, plain and simple. He has a higher per carry average and scores as many TD's. What seperates him from Priest is that he has more speed, more power, and he can score from 99 yards away. He is a homerun threat and if given the chance can be a dominant force.

I love Priest. I want him on this team. But some of you are in denial.

|Zach|
You'll feel different if Chiefs lose and LJ only gets 9 carries while Priest gets 22 for 60 yds!!!
You won't know how he feels if we have touble...you will tell us about how you are not watching another Chiefs game all season and how you will see us next season.

Wallcrawler
09-12-2005, 03:02 PM

If this offense has to rely on Larry Johnson racking up 180+ yards on the ground to score points, then Im going to be upset at the ENTIRE offense, not just the rushing attack.

Youre a stat guru, nothing more.

Im in favor of doing what it takes to win the game. If that means passing all day, do it. If that means 22 rushes for Priest and 9 for Johnson, do it.

The coaches know what what they have in the backfield. If Johnson getting more carries is what will help us win, then they will give him the carries.

Against the Jets, he only needed 9.

The goal is to win games, and have both Holmes and Johnson fresh at the end of the season.

Running Johnson into the ground all season is not going to do that.

chiefz
09-12-2005, 03:04 PM
Wow, suddenly everyone is in love with Larry johnson now.

chiefsfan1963
09-12-2005, 03:04 PM
You guys believe having a 2000 yd rusher won't help us achieve our goal? We won't win more games, more playoff games?

tk13
09-12-2005, 03:05 PM
I'm going to go Rocky. Rocky III.
Eye of the tiger! You've gotta have the eye of the tiger Rock!

penchief
09-12-2005, 03:05 PM
I know I am not complaining, but count me in the group that wants to see LJ get more carries. The last 5 or 6 games last year, LJ was the man. Didn't need anyone to "wear the defense down" to get his yards.

Exactly. Not only did he make the end of the season a lot more exciting, we had more wins than losses. He had more to do with that than any other single player. He's a bona fide superstar if we give him the chance to shine. Not only will he benefit from it but so will the team. I love Priest as much as anybody but if Marshall is willing to step aside in SL then Priest should be just as willing to do so for a player who is more talented than Stephen Jackson, IMO.

|Zach|
09-12-2005, 03:06 PM
You guys believe having a 2000 yd rusher won't help us achieve our goal? We won't win more games, more playoff games?
You believe having 2k in running yards total wont do the same?

The fact that you read that from different peoples posts shows how dense you really are.

chiefsfan1963
09-12-2005, 03:08 PM
This is what I've been talking about and what pisses me off. According to some of you, LJ's dominance is always due to someone else's greatness. "Priest wore the defense down," "Weigmann opened a hole," "nobody touched him," blah, blah, blah.

The truth is that this has been LJ's mode of operation his entire football career. The dude doesn't average 8 yards per carry because everybody else carries his water. He really is a potential 2000yd rusher. Since he's been given the chance he's outplayed Priest. Period. So stop giving credit to Priest for LJ's dominance. Stop giving Priest the credit when he runs and someone else the credit when LJ runs.

LJ outperforms Priest, plain and simple. He has a higher per carry average and scores as many TD's. What seperates him from Priest is that he has more speed, more power, and he can score from 99 yards away. He is a homerun threat and if given the chance can be a dominant force.

I love Priest. I want him on this team. But some of you are in denial.

Here! Here! I thought I was the only one on this board thinking this way! :clap:

Wallcrawler
09-12-2005, 03:10 PM

Jamal Lewis rushed for 2000+ a couple years back. The Ravens lost in the first playoff game.

Having 2000+ yards on the ground doesnt guarantee a championship or a playoff win. Having the number one offense doesnt even guarantee that.

The running game should never be measured in yards, but whether or not it helped you win the football game.

Im not saying that Johnson is not a good back. I AM saying that Priest Holmes should not be sitting the bench.

Holmes is approaching the end of his run. The Chiefs have to use him or lose him. He doesnt have a lot of time left. The guy can still produce and help us win football games, therefore he should be on the field.

You dont squander the talents of Priest Holmes just to put a guy like Johnson, who has his entire career ahead of him in the game for more carries.

chiefsfan1963
09-12-2005, 03:15 PM
Jamal Lewis rushed for 2000+ a couple years back. The Ravens lost in the first playoff game.

Having 2000+ yards on the ground doesnt guarantee a championship or a playoff win. Having the number one offense doesnt even guarantee that.

The running game should never be measured in yards, but whether or not it helped you win the football game.

Im not saying that Johnson is not a good back. I AM saying that Priest Holmes should not be sitting the bench.

Holmes is approaching the end of his run. The Chiefs have to use him or lose him. He doesnt have a lot of time left. The guy can still produce and help us win football games, therefore he should be on the field.

You dont squander the talents of Priest Holmes just to put a guy like Johnson, who has his entire career ahead of him in the game for more carries.

Not a fair comparison. Chiefs O has been the Top O in the league for the last 3 years, Raven's O have been the worst O in the league!

I'm not saying bench Priest just give LJ more carries!

I know this is a sensitive issue here, b/c people are making personal insults about me rather than sticking with the topic. Sorry guys.

tk13
09-12-2005, 03:15 PM
I think combined, if used correctly, both of them can go for 2500+ yards. Granted the idea I like is a little unusual, but I think keeping them both fresh and using them both will be more effective than using just one guy and running him into the ground for 2000 yards.

It's hard to be a RB in this league, the last couple guys that have gone through 2000 yard seasons have gone downhill fast after doing so. Taking a beating every game is hard, and sure LJ is doing great now, but if you give any RB that many carries to get to 2000 yards you're just going to burn him out faster. LJ's never even been through a full season carrying the load. Use both RB's, keep them both fresh and beating down defenses. I think it'll help both of them in the long run.

chiefsfan1963
09-12-2005, 03:20 PM
I think combined, if used correctly, both of them can go for 2500+ yards. Granted the idea I like is a little unusual, but I think keeping them both fresh and using them both will be more effective than using just one guy and running him into the ground for 2000 yards.

It's hard to be a RB in this league, the last couple guys that have gone through 2000 yard seasons have gone downhill fast after doing so. Taking a beating every game is hard, and sure LJ is doing great now, but if you give any RB that many carries to get to 2000 yards you're just going to burn him out faster. LJ's never even been through a full season carrying the load. Use both RB's, keep them both fresh and beating down defenses. I think it'll help both of them in the long run.

It's funny people are worried about burning LJ out with too many carries, where before LJ's rise no one had any problem giving Priest the ball 30 times a game. You guys are in total denial. Before Priest most here hated the RBBC style of play, now you guys are happy with it!

Wallcrawler
09-12-2005, 03:21 PM

Exactly.

Just think of all the problems that the opposing D-Coordinator is going to have trying to gameplan for the Chiefs offense. It used to be just Priest. Now they have to gameplan for Johnson as well, on top of trying to stop Trent Green and the passing attack.

Going with one just to aim for a 2000 yard rushing season is ridiculous.

penchief
09-12-2005, 03:22 PM

IMO, this is pretty much a silly point. Who's playing better? That's who should be playing.

We have a potent offense but no wide receivers that scare anybody. Generally wide receivers are your home run threats. If you can put a player in the backfield that strikes fear into the minds of the defense, you've got something special that allows you to do things with your receivers that you normally wouldn't be able to do.

Gonzo is the best tight end in the biz and Priest is an artist at RB. But....the only consistent home run threat we have is LJ. Putting him in the game more often is going to make our offense more potent.

LJ's dominance will make every player on our offense more effective. That is what special players do.

Wallcrawler
09-12-2005, 03:24 PM
It's funny people are worried about burning LJ out with too many carries, where before LJ's rise no one had any problem giving Priest the ball 30 times a game.

Right. And look what happened to Priest. Career threatening hip injury, played a full season, then another injury that cost him half the season. You have to learn from your mistakes. We have 2 great backs. They will split the time to decrease the beatings that they endure over the season.

You guys are in total denial. Before Priest most here hated the RBBC style of play, now you guys are happy with it!

Heh. Thats because our former RBBC consisted of Bam Morris, Tony Richardson, and Donnell Bennet.

Big difference there champ.

Big difference.

Wallcrawler
09-12-2005, 03:30 PM
IMO, this is pretty much a silly point. Who's playing better? That's who should be playing.

Im saying you do what it takes to win the game, not just play someone for better stats. 22 for Priest and a TD and 9 for Johnson and 2 tds got the job done. Nothing to complain about.

We have a potent offense but no wide receivers that scare anybody. Generally wide receivers are your home run threats. If you can put a player in the backfield that strikes fear into the minds of the defense, you've got something special that allows you to do things with your receivers that you normally wouldn't be able to do.

Youre right. Priest never had any defensive coordinators worried with all the yards from scrimmage he consistently racked up game after game..... :rolleyes:

Gonzo is the best tight end in the biz and Priest is an artist at RB. But....the only consistent home run threat we have is LJ. Putting him in the game more often is going to make our offense more potent.

This offense doesnt have to score in one play. As a matter of fact, in trying to get the defense better, it is actually beneficial that the offense hold onto the ball and have longer sustained drives to keep the opposing offense off the field. One play scores are nice, and exciting to watch, but not a requirement for this offense to dominate.

LJ's dominance will make every player on our offense more effective. That is what special players do.

In my view, Priest Holmes still has the ability to do that as well. He may not be a threat to go 97 yards at any given time, but he still makes plays. I guess this is just a situation where we have to agree to disagree.

chiefsfan1963
09-12-2005, 03:41 PM
Sorry guys this is football! players understand how tough it is in the pros. You don't keep good talent like LJ on the sidelines in order to prevent him from getting injured! He can get injured anytime anywhere! One carry, 60 carries! It can happen when you least expect it. In the mean time play the mother!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't waste the kinda of yards he can produce when he has the ball!!!!!! This is the prime of his life as player. Let him freakin run!!!!!!!!!!!!!

penchief
09-12-2005, 03:44 PM
Wallcrawler,

IMO, you're totally missing the point.

And by the way, your style of quoting posts is confusing and gives me a headache.

Anyway, the point is that when you have a special player that has unusual talent capable of changing a game you try to utilize that dude for more than 10 touches a game. Period.

When you have a guy like that who strikes fear into opposing defenses you want that guy on the field to create uncertainty and chaos in the defense's mind. Not unlike what you do with an aggressive Gunther style defense.

Stats have nothing to do with it. Effectiveness has everything to do with it. When you have a dude that runs over people, through people, and leaves them in his dust.....you've got something. He's a weapon.

Just like when DV and Saunders underutilized him out of college, they're still doing it. Just because Priest is a class act doesn't mean he deserves more carries. If a team has a special weapon they'd be stupid not to utilize it to it's fullest effect.

chiefsfan1963
09-12-2005, 03:46 PM
IMO, you're totally missing the point.

And by the way, your style of quoting posts is confusing and gives me a headache.

Anyway, the point is that when you have a special player that has unusual talent capable of changing a game you try to utilize that dude for more than 10 touches a game. Period.

When you have a guy like that who strikes fear into opposing defenses you want that guy on the field to create uncertainty and chaos in the defense's mind. Not unlike what you do with an aggressive Gunther style defense.

Stats have nothing to do with it. Effectiveness has everything to do with it. When you have a dude that runs over people, through people, and leaves them in his dust.....you've got something. He's a weapon.

Just like when DV and Saunders underutilized him out of college, they're still doing it. Just because Priest is a class act doesn't mean he deserves more carries. If a team has a special weapon they'd be stupid not to utilize it to it's fullest effect.

we're in agreement: give LJ the freakin ball period, let Priest clean up. :)

Wallcrawler
09-12-2005, 03:50 PM
So, in your opinion penchief, Priest Holmes is done then eh?

heh.

Thanks. I havent laughed like that in a long time.

Priest isnt getting carries, or the starting position simply because he's a "class act".

Priest is in there because of what he brings to the offense.

As for your headache, take some tylenol. Midol for the cramps.

WilliamTheIrish
09-12-2005, 03:50 PM

stfu. You've made your point. Lj will get the snaps as the season goes along.

Right now we have a one-two punch that the league is going to fear.

So, instead of worrying about 2k yard rushers, can you not enjoy the day?

Tuesday is the day everybody starts officially freaking out over next week's game.

Calcountry
09-12-2005, 03:56 PM
LJ has the ability to rush for 2000 yds this season! He's young and prime for this! It would be a shame not to give LJ the opportunity!Think baseball for a minute. I know its hard, because all you have in KC is football, but in baseball, you don't want to wear out your ACE pitchers arm early in the season, so you limit them to about 100 pitches per outing. This preserves them for the stretch run. Then you go out and use them for everything they have, 120 plus pitches if they are on their game, for they have all off season to rest.

Now, we have 2 stud backs. Why not let one back the other up? The only thing that stops it is their egos. Its not like QB where the timeing, cadence, rythem are all affected by who's in.

Check your egos at the door boys, its the Chiefs that matter, and what is best for the Chiefs right now, is that we go 2 strong down the stretch, and then go with the best pony at the end. Period.

Neither will be as banged up, and neither will be as tired if the share the reps.

Opposing teams will be tired.

chiefsfan1963
09-12-2005, 03:57 PM

stfu. You've made your point. Lj will get the snaps as the season goes along.

Right now we have a one-two punch that the league is going to fear.

So, instead of worrying about 2k yard rushers, can you not enjoy the day?

Tuesday is the day everybody starts officially freaking out over next week's game.

Okay, I'll be quiet.
:shake:

ChiefsOne
09-12-2005, 04:04 PM
I say do a 50/50 split and reduce the risk of wearing out either of them and keeping them fresh.

Plus it won't hurt my fantasy team!

penchief
09-12-2005, 04:07 PM
So, in your opinion penchief, Priest Holmes is done then eh?

heh.

Thanks. I havent laughed like that in a long time.

Priest isnt getting carries, or the starting position simply because he's a "class act".

Priest is in there because of what he brings to the offense.

As for your headache, take some tylenol. Midol for the cramps.

Your still missing the point. Show me anywhere in my posts where I said Preist was done. You can't. Because I've never said that. What I think is that LJ ought to be getting more carries. Probably at least as many as Priest and maybe more.

I'm not railing against Priest. I'm just tired of people who keep saying that Priest is the man and LJ's success is only due to Priest and the Oline.

As far as Holmes goes, If you are reading my posts you know what I think of Priest. Don't try to put words in my mouth just because I think that the guy who plays the best ought to get the most playing time. Which at this time just happens to be LJ. And it has been LJ ever since he's been given a chance to show what he's capable of.

Last time I checked, performance is what merits playing time in the NFL. Right now, LJ is outperforming Priest and has merited more playing time.

Calcountry
09-12-2005, 04:34 PM
Your still missing the point. Show me anywhere in my posts where I said Preist was done. You can't. Because I've never said that. What I think is that LJ ought to be getting more carries. Probably at least as many as Priest and maybe more.

I'm not railing against Priest. I'm just tired of people who keep saying that Priest is the man and LJ's success is only due to Priest and the Oline.

As far as Holmes goes, If you are reading my posts you know what I think of Priest. Don't try to put words in my mouth just because I think that the guy who plays the best ought to get the most playing time. Which at this time just happens to be LJ. And it has been LJ ever since he's been given a chance to show what he's capable of.

Last time I checked, performance is what merits playing time in the NFL. Right now, LJ is outperforming Priest and has merited more playing time.You know as well as I do, that you can't go into a game, situation by situation and precisely determine exactly how many snaps each will get.

Wallcrawler
09-12-2005, 05:17 PM
Your still missing the point. Show me anywhere in my posts where I said Preist was done. You can't. Because I've never said that.

Maybe not, but youve sure implied it with your "When you have a back that the defense fears, your offense is better" comments, obviously referring to Larry Johnson as the back that scares defenses, and Priest is pretty much a lamb to be slaughtered.

Youre talking up Johnson as if he's the greatest thing since sliced bread, all the while making it seem as if the team is stupid for using Holmes as the starter, and rotating Johnson in.

You guys act as if Johnson was completely ignored in the game. He got his touches. He got his 100+ yards and 2 scores.

If it aint broke, dont f with it.

What I think is that LJ ought to be getting more carries. Probably at least as many as Priest and maybe more.

Obviously, the coaching staff disagrees. Seeing as how they won in convincing fashion, I would be inclined to say that they know what they are doing.

Who is saying that? Priest did wear the Jets down with several carries before Johnson's scoring series. If you think that the Jets did not get tired at all from stopping Holmes, then youre just as bad as the people you claim dont give LJ any credit at all.

Everyone loves what Johnson can do. There are some of us however that are pretty tired of everyone dropping to their knees to stroke off Larry Johnson and pretty much wanting kick Holmes to the curb.

After the incredible run that Holmes has had here, I cannot fathom how people could think that he doesnt deserve to be in there. In looking at him in the game, he seems to be back in form.

As far as Holmes goes, If you are reading my posts you know what I think of Priest. Don't try to put words in my mouth just because I think that the guy who plays the best ought to get the most playing time.

Sorry, you were the one that was implying that the Chiefs with Holmes in the backfield didnt scare anyone, (simply because Holmes isnt a threat to go 99 yards at any time...) and that only with Johnson back there would our offense become better than it is.

In my mind, when you start throwing around statements like that, it doesnt really look like you think a whole lot about Priest Holmes.

Perhaps you should choose your words more carefully if that wasnt what you meant.

Last time I checked, performance is what merits playing time in the NFL. Right now, LJ is outperforming Priest and has merited more playing time.

LJ will get the carries it takes to help win the game. In this case, it happened to be just 9. Im perfectly happy with that, as you should be. He isnt going to be limited to 9 carries a game all season, so relax.

The W is what counts. Not stats.

Sure-Oz
09-12-2005, 05:24 PM
I like how we got it going right now, it should be this way...LJ is our feature back easy,let them continue to battle it out.

alnorth
09-12-2005, 05:33 PM
Everyone has missed the biggest point here, including the people (like me) who are defending Priest.

Some of you are freaking out over 9 carries. That is 9 as in nine, 1 less than 10. Do the words "small sample size" mean anything to you? Someone tried a baseball analogy earlier to bring some sanity into the discussion. Here's a better one. In the first two games the starting center fielder is out and the backup goes 4 for 6. Well hell, lets put the starter on the bench because obviously this new guy is gonna bat .667 and freaking shatter every modern baseball record that involves hitting, right? Uhhh, no. Do that for 2-3 months and maybe we'll talk.

Similarly, the only thing you can conclude from 9 carries is the guy has some promise, and probably does not suck. Thats about it. Theres no way in heaven, earth or HELL he will average 10 ypc, or we would be looking at the incarnation of God come down from the heavens in the form of a Chiefs running back.

Just be happy that we have a guy who seems to be a legitimate second option to change things up and keep the opponent guessing. They cant get used to Priest or LJ, so both will torch them while they try to adjust back and forth all game.

In week 12 if Larry Johnson is still averaging 10 ypc, over 800 yards, with a significant sample size then we would have to have a serious discussion of the future.

As it is, LJ has only proven that he deserves to be given a look. Thats IT, he has NOT proven, in any way, shape, or form, that he deserves to be the #1 back.

Skip Towne
09-12-2005, 05:55 PM
I liken this situation to a hot shot young lawyer coming out of an Ivy League school. He has offers from all the big law firms and chooses what he thinks is the best offer. Then the law firm sticks him in a small windowless office and won't let him do anything but collect bills. Would you be pissed off? I for damn sure would. Priest has been great for us but it is a fact of life in the NFL that you WILL be replaced. And often it will be before you think it is time. It happened to Joe Montana . It happened to Marcus Allen. And countless other players. Priest hasn't finished either of the last two seasons because of injury. He's not the same back he was two years ago. I want to keep him around, he's earned it. But I don't want LJ shoving it up our ass in a couple of years and leaving because of what that stubborn old f*cker VD did to his career. The average life of an NFL RB is something less than three years. I'm sure LJ's trade value is much greater than is Priest's right now. And for good reason. LJ is a better back with a much better upside. Nine carries per game is an insult.

chiefsfan1963
09-12-2005, 06:06 PM
Everyone has missed the biggest point here, including the people (like me) who are defending Priest.

Some of you are freaking out over 9 carries. That is 9 as in nine, 1 less than 10. Do the words "small sample size" mean anything to you? Someone tried a baseball analogy earlier to bring some sanity into the discussion. Here's a better one. In the first two games the starting center fielder is out and the backup goes 4 for 6. Well hell, lets put the starter on the bench because obviously this new guy is gonna bat .667 and freaking shatter every modern baseball record that involves hitting, right? Uhhh, no. Do that for 2-3 months and maybe we'll talk.

Similarly, the only thing you can conclude from 9 carries is the guy has some promise, and probably does not suck. Thats about it. Theres no way in heaven, earth or HELL he will average 10 ypc, or we would be looking at the incarnation of God come down from the heavens in the form of a Chiefs running back.

Just be happy that we have a guy who seems to be a legitimate second option to change things up and keep the opponent guessing. They cant get used to Priest or LJ, so both will torch them while they try to adjust back and forth all game.

In week 12 if Larry Johnson is still averaging 10 ypc, over 800 yards, with a significant sample size then we would have to have a serious discussion of the future.

As it is, LJ has only proven that he deserves to be given a look. Thats IT, he has NOT proven, in any way, shape, or form, that he deserves to be the #1 back.

So you feel it is better to wait until LJ is a 4 or 5 year vet before we give him the ball more than 9 times? At that point he will definitely be ready to carry the ball most of the time?

Skip Towne
09-12-2005, 06:08 PM

Have you ever heard of a guy named Wally Pipp? There is your baseball analogy. And it really happened. Lou Gehrig was the result and there was nothing hypothetical about it. This is professional sports, not old home week. LJ averaged more than 8 ypc at Penn State and has been nothing short of phenomenal for us. IIt's not like he just fell off the turnip truck as you would have us believe. The guy is for real unless he proves differently to me. Priest has obviously slowed down in the last two years. IIt's LJ's turn to prove me wrong. I don't look for that. The dude is just too strong and fast for the guys trying to tackle him.

|Zach|
09-12-2005, 06:09 PM
So you feel it is better to wait until LJ is a 4 or 5 year vet before we give him the ball more than 9 times? At that point he will definitely be ready to carry the ball most of the time?
Seriously...do you read your posts?

What the hell makes you think Holmes is around for FOUR TO FIVE YEARS.

|Zach|
09-12-2005, 06:10 PM
It seems 60\40 Holmes and I think it should be 60\40 Johnson. Easy...fair...for the best.

chiefsfan1963
09-12-2005, 06:16 PM

Zach- LJ is a 3 year vet this year! Next year he'll have been in the league 4 years! Last time I checked Priest will be here with Chiefs as well!

Calcountry
09-12-2005, 06:17 PM
Have you ever heard of a guy named Wally Pipp? There is your baseball analogy. And it really happened. Lou Gehrig was the result and there was nothing hypothetical about it. This is professional sports, not old home week. LJ averaged more than 8 ypc at Penn State and has been nothing short of phenomenal for us. IIt's not like he just fell off the turnip truck as you would have us believe. The guy is for real unless he proves differently to me. Priest has obviously slowed down in the last two years. IIt's LJ's turn to prove me wrong. I don't look for that. The dude is just too strong and fast for the guys trying to tackle him.I am pretty sure that he is squating at least 60 pounds stronger this year than last as well. The dudes quads look like elephant legs.

4th and Long
09-12-2005, 06:19 PM
I was listening to the post game on the way out of Arrowhead and if memory serves, DV stated that the plan for the Jets game was 2 series for Holmes, then 1 series for Johnson. If a back had to be replaced for whatever reason during their assigned series, the new back going in would not leave. Likewise, when a back started a series, he was to play the full series.

I know what you're going to say. "But, but, but, BOTH backs were in on the first series!" Correct. They were, but not by design.

DV said Priest took himself out after the first long run and asked that LJ be put in.

Now, how bout some love for Priest and a thank you note to boot instead of this pissing match?

Some of you are complaining about the running back situation when instead, you should be HAPPY that we have TWO GREAT BACKS instead of being like other teams who have one good back and a backup who stinks.

Skip Towne

And LJ will be playing for somebody else for huge amounts of money in 4 to 5 years. I know it seems cold hearted to all these "loyal" fans but it is the nature of the beast in pro sports. If they can find somebody better than you, you're his-to-ry.

alnorth

Your acting as if he wont play for 4-5 years.

Put it this way, if LJ has not taken Priest's job away by the middle of next season, then he might possibly still be a good back, but he damn sure didnt deserve to start today.

I'm saying that if LJ is all that and a bag of chips like you think he is, there is nothing in the world that will keep him from starting WAY, WAY, WAY before 2-3 years from now, let alone 4-5. Your wanting him to start now after he has not yet proven himself. I'm saying he should be given a chance, but he should not start untill he has EARNED it.

chiefsfan1963
09-12-2005, 06:20 PM
I liken this situation to a hot shot young lawyer coming out of an Ivy League school. He has offers from all the big law firms and chooses what he thinks is the best offer. Then the law firm sticks him in a small windowless office and won't let him do anything but collect bills. Would you be pissed off? I for damn sure would. Priest has been great for us but it is a fact of life in the NFL that you WILL be replaced. And often it will be before you think it is time. It happened to Joe Montana . It happened to Marcus Allen. And countless other players. Priest hasn't finished either of the last two seasons because of injury. He's not the same back he was two years ago. I want to keep him around, he's earned it. But I don't want LJ shoving it up our ass in a couple of years and leaving because of what that stubborn old f*cker VD did to his career. The average life of an NFL RB is something less than three years. I'm sure LJ's trade value is much greater than is Priest's right now. And for good reason. LJ is a better back with a much better upside. Nine carries per game is an insult.

Exactly my freakin point! Thanks for confirming it. I thought I was the only one here that is seeing this! :clap:

penchief
09-12-2005, 06:22 PM

Uh, LJ has done it every time he's been given a chance; in college, the last few games of last year, the preseason, and the first game this year. He's always averaged more ypc than Priest. He's got just as good a TD per touch ratio as Priest, maybe better. Simply put, he's outplayed Priest every time he's had the opportunity.

Is LJ going to average 8ypc in the NFL? Probably not but you never know with a guy that has his power, speed, open-field elusiveness, and desire. I think it is likely that he will average between 5 and 6 yards per carry. That's his M.O.

For a guy that only "deserves a look," he's outplayed Priest every time he's been given a chance.

alnorth
09-12-2005, 06:24 PM
As for that whole hot lawyer analogy, youd have a point if this were 2007, but it isnt. LJ is still filling out forms for HR, sitting through orientation and listening to the corporate brainwashing speech. He hasnt even been shown the corner backroom office yet.

chiefsfan1963
09-12-2005, 06:26 PM
Your acting as if he wont play for 4-5 years.

Put it this way, if LJ has not taken Priest's job away by the middle of next season, then he might possibly still be a good back, but he damn sure didnt deserve to start today.

I'm saying that if LJ is all that and a bag of chips like you think he is, there is nothing in the world that will keep him from starting WAY, WAY, WAY before 2-3 years from now, let alone 4-5. Your wanting him to start now after he has not yet proven himself. I'm saying he should be given a chance, but he should not start untill he has EARNED it.

FYI LJ has been in the league 3 years, next year it will be 4 years! LJ is ready now!!!!!!!!!!! Not after he has been in the league for freakin 4 years! That is just plain wrong! 9 carries is a freakin shame!

Skip Towne
09-12-2005, 06:33 PM
I am pretty sure that he is squating at least 60 pounds stronger this year than last as well. The dudes quads look like elephant legs.
Elephants can't run very fast and aren't very elusive. A lot of times with finely tuned athletes, too much bulk is counter productive. It is production that counts and LJ is kicking Priest's butt eleven ways from Sunday. LJ is a young bull with speed and moves. Have you ever seen Priest do a spin move? No you haven't, he doesn't have one. LJ showed us his yesterday. LJ leaves a wake of tacklers on the ground behind him, then outruns whoever is left standing. Like Priest used to do except for the outrunning part.

OldTownChief
09-12-2005, 06:36 PM
For the last two years I've been jumping up and down for joy knowing that we have the best back in football. Now we have TWO of the best backs in the league. Priest IMO is STILL the best overall back in football and the best football player on the team. I have no doubt that LJ will be the starter by next season at the latest but I'm not quite ready to see Priest sittin on the bench on our opening drive. I think the Chiefs are handling the situation very nicely at this point and loving every second of it.

LJ is the future

alnorth
09-12-2005, 06:38 PM
FYI LJ has been in the league 3 years, next year it will be 4 years! LJ is ready now!!!!!!!!!!! Not after he has been in the league for freakin 4 years! That is just plain wrong! 9 carries is a freakin shame!

He's played for 2 seasons, the first 1.5 of which was completely meaningless, so figure he's got perhaps half a year's worth of meaningful carries.

I dont give a rat's ass what the calendar says, I'm looking at it from the cold calculating statistical view of what would benefit the Chiefs this year, and the man has not been given enough carries to justify the starting job. He should be given more carries than last year, but not the majority. He has not had enough experience to show that he is better than average with a 90% certainty. We already KNOW Priest is better than average.

Since our offense is so good this year, we wont be getting much better. The possible marginal small reward is not worth the risk of a performance loss.

Calcountry
09-12-2005, 06:38 PM
Elephants can't run very fast and aren't very elusive. A lot of times with finely tuned athletes, too much bulk is counter productive. It is production that counts and LJ is kicking Priest's butt eleven ways from Sunday. LJ is a young bull with speed and moves. Have you ever seen Priest do a spin move? No you haven't, he doesn't have one. LJ showed us his yesterday. LJ leaves a wake of tacklers on the ground behind him, then outruns whoever is left standing. Like Priest used to do except for the outrunning part.Says the guy who has never stared down a charging elephant, with only a rifle between his life and that of the slow moving elephant.

I have not, but my friend has. He said it changed his life forever.

I wasn't trying to say that in a negative light towards LJ, rather, that he also posesses the strength of the elephant.

Skip Towne
09-12-2005, 07:00 PM
As for that whole hot lawyer analogy, youd have a point if this were 2007, but it isnt. LJ is still filling out forms for HR, sitting through orientation and listening to the corporate brainwashing speech. He hasnt even been shown the corner backroom office yet.
You're obviously not doing your homework. Go check LJ's stats for last year. And those were when VD was forced to play him because of injury. Joe Paterno did the same thing to him at Penn State. Paterno and VD are both stubborn old fools. He has averaged more than 8 yards per carry for both of them. VD still won't admit it. My lawyer analogy is dead on. He has shown over and over what he can do. Only an ignorant fool would have him filling out forms and listening to orientation speeches. When Howard Hughes was 17 years old , his dad died leaving him Hughes Aircraft. He convinced the court to declare him of age so he could take it over. That worked out pretty well for Howard. (And the US with his contribution to the war effort). Performance talks and bullshit walks. Go look at what LJ has done. It's obvious that you haven't. You wouldn't notice Bo Jackson if he walked up and asked to play for you. LJ has kicked Priest's ass big time since he was given a chance. Before that, VD wasted a year of his career at least having him inactive on game days. What a tool. Go look at LJ's numbers and then come back and tell me he hasn't proven anyhing. He has broken two, count 'em, as in two 35 yard TD runs in the last three weeks. Priest has uh, NONE in his entire career. Get real, dude.

Wallcrawler
09-13-2005, 01:22 AM
And LJ will be playing for somebody else for huge amounts of money in 4 to 5 years.

Wrong.

By the time LJ's contract is due to be renegotiated, this offense will have lost many of the players that are drawing bigtime cash right now.

Among those guys are Roaf, Shields, and Trent Green.

Carl Peterson is not going to lose Larry Johnson due to cash problems. If Johnson flat out wants to leave, then theres no stopping him.

He knows why he didnt play in his rookie year. He couldnt pass protect worth a damn, and you all know it.

His second year, he got his knowledge of the scheme down, and got his shot to show what he could do late in the year.

Blaylock was let go, and now he is sharing the load with Priest Holmes, who is still the best back in the league.

All this talk of Priest slowing down, ha. Its f'in hilarious.

2 years ago. Coming off of career threatening hip surgery, not playing at 100% he breaks the single season scoring record.

1 year ago. In 8 games he puts up 15 rushing scores and a receiving score and is on pace to break his own record. He gets injured, could have come back, but by that time the Chiefs had already blown the season and there was no point. Johnson gets game experience.

Season opener. Priest busts off his biggest run since the 13-3 season on his second carry of the game. Also scores a td.

Im not seeing the slowing down that people, Skip Towne in particular are raving about.

Priest Holmes is a scoring machine, plain and simple.

Johnson will get his time as the starter soon enough. But while a healthy Priest Holmes is on the roster, Johnson knows his role is backup to Priest.

You Holmes detractors are acting as if Priest has become wholly ineffective, and doesnt belong out on the field anymore, which is not the case.

As for what Johnson did in college, I could really give a f***. Priest Holmes put up 66 touchdowns in a 3 year span, and broke the NFL single season rushing record and was the heart and soul of the best offense in the league for the entire span of their dominance.

Somehow, compared to that, 2,085 yards in the college ranks just doesnt quite match up, so you can shove your college stats.

Johnson will get to contribute to the team. He helped the team win a game already, and that should be his main concern. If he's one of those "my carries, my stats, my scores, me me me" players and is more concerned with his individual stats than winning a championship, then he can walk as far as Im concerned. Stats mean dick in comparison to hoisting the Lombardi trophy.

That doesnt seem to be the case right now, so there should be nothing to complain about. The Chiefs have two really good backs to use to win games with. The number of touches should not matter as long as the Chiefs win the game.

JOhn
09-13-2005, 01:31 AM
fwiw, I keep hearing about Priest not finishing the last 2 seasons.....

WRONG

Year before last he finished the season with the TD record.

Last year he was not allowed to come back, so as to give him a break & let LJ get some experience.

IF we're gonna argue, lets at least get the basic facts straight people. ;)

Chris Meck
09-13-2005, 12:54 PM
guys,

it's about mileage with a running back. Sort of like a automobile. The more miles you get on 'em, the rougher they run. It's not AGE, it's the MILEAGE.

priest got a lot of miles put on him for 3 or 4 years, and it started to show with some breakdowns. Is he still effective? Hell yeah, he is. He's money in the bank. Nobody is as adept at making the absolute most out of a play. He's got a nose for the endzone like no other back in the league. He's the best in the business.

But he can't carry the load for 30+ touches a game anymore; not without breaking down. But at 15-20 touches a game, you can get max production from him.

As for Johnson, this will EXTEND HIS CAREER TOO. He's not getting tons of mileage on him. He'll be able to be dominant into his 30's as well. Longer career=big numbers. If Priest had been carrying the load he's carried in KC with Baltimore, he wouldn't even be playing anymore most likely.

And being utilized in this manner, perhaps LJ will still be a stud in 2010 and beyond, long after Priest hangs it up.

jspchief
09-13-2005, 01:06 PM
I think once LJ goes to prison for smacking up his hoes, Priest should be given the majority of the carries.

hbkeay
09-13-2005, 01:20 PM
Theres no way in heaven, earth or HELL he will average 10 ypc, or we would be looking at the incarnation of God come down from the heavens in the form of a Chiefs running back.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Brock
09-13-2005, 01:21 PM
And LJ will be playing for somebody else for huge amounts of money in 4 to 5 years.

Uh, probably not.

chiefsfan1963
11-20-2005, 08:18 PM
anymore questions? I didn't think so! :p

jiveturkey
11-20-2005, 08:23 PM
At halftime he's 2nd in the league for week. If he gets 40 yards in the 2nd half he's first.

jiveturkey
11-20-2005, 08:25 PM
At halftime he's 2nd in the league for week. If he gets 40 yards in the 2nd half he's first.I forgot to mention that none of this counts because Houston sucks.
:)

KcMizzou
11-20-2005, 08:27 PM
I forgot to mention that none of this counts because Houston sucks.
:)ROFL :clap:

chiefsfan1963
12-24-2005, 03:19 PM
Priest 22 carries, 85 yds
LJ 9 carries, 110 yds

You have to wonder what would happen if LJ got the 22 carries going forward!

I'm sorry but you have to give the ball to LJ most of the time.

On 9-12 I really was on to something! Man I'm smart!!!!!!!! :p

chiefsfan1963
12-24-2005, 03:21 PM
Check out the posts on this thread! It's hilarious how clueless people were about LJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chiefsfan1963
12-24-2005, 03:22 PM
Wallcrawler! WHere are you? :p

chiefsfan1963
12-24-2005, 03:24 PM
I'm sorry but you're a bonified idiot who concentrates way too much on statistics and obviously knows nothing about how to run a successful offense.

*Hint* Yesterdays display was a successful offensive performance.

you're the freakin idiot!!!!!!!!!!!

Calcountry
12-24-2005, 03:33 PM
anymore questions? I didn't think so! :pWhat, I stand by everything I posted in that thread. How did we know that Priest would get hurt again. Who is to say what would or wouldn't have happened if we would have ran LJ the whole season. Maybe his knee gets rolled up, but instead we blew the rod on the older model.

Now we have the new car still brand spanking new to drive.

STFU and stfd.

htismaqe
12-24-2005, 03:43 PM
:hmmm:

In the other thread you shamelessly bumped to pat yourself on the back, you said Priest should be the starter.

ROFL

ChiefsCountry
12-24-2005, 03:59 PM
Hmmm, I think most people on this thread said share the load. Priest got hurt, LJ had to do it all. He had a good season.

LJ still has alot of work to do, to become a great back. He is a good back right now, but there are a few things he needs to improve on to become a great one.

Next year, I think we need to use LJ as starter for sure, but bring in Priest in for passing situations and certain run plays.

chiefsfan1963
12-24-2005, 04:09 PM
:hmmm:

In the other thread you shamelessly bumped to pat yourself on the back, you said Priest should be the starter.

ROFL

you freakin loser!!!!! you are taking it out of context you sh*t!!!!!
you know I was one of the first to nominate LJ as our 1st stringer! Long before Priest got hurt and long before it became fashionable. :cuss:

htismaqe
12-24-2005, 05:43 PM
you know I was one of the first to nominate LJ as our 1st stringer! Long before Priest got hurt and long before it became fashionable. :cuss:

Uh-huh.

Posted 10/15/2005:

Although I think LJ has immense potential as our feature back, I do believe we need to dump RBBC and choose one back to carry the load and right now that will default to Priest based on past production and the Coaches preference for him to be their #1 back.

Skip Towne
12-24-2005, 06:32 PM
What, I stand by everything I posted in that thread. How did we know that Priest would get hurt again. Who is to say what would or wouldn't have happened if we would have ran LJ the whole season. Maybe his knee gets rolled up, but instead we blew the rod on the older model.

Now we have the new car still brand spanking new to drive.

STFU and stfd.
We didn't know he would get hurt again. But we DID know he hadn't finished two of the last three years. And he got hurt at Texas as well. And we DID know LJ was better than Priest. At least a few of us did.

Skip Towne
12-24-2005, 07:56 PM
And while we are on the subject, where has Priest been since his injury? Certainly not on the sidelines cheering his team on. He's from San Antonio and we played in Dallas yet he still didn't show up. We owe this guy loyalty?

4th and Long
12-24-2005, 08:03 PM
And while we are on the subject, where has Priest been since his injury? Certainly not on the sidelines cheering his team on. He's from San Antonio and we played in Dallas yet he still didn't show up. We owe this guy loyalty?
You obviously don't read through all the threads Skip so I'll try and paraphrase from the interview he gave several weeks back.

1. He's been doing a lot of traveling back and forth with Dr appointments and all.

2. He believes he would be a distraction to the team if he was on the sideline. Announcers would start that same old song and dance about who's better, Priest or LJ.

3. Priest feels that air time would be better spent talking about the team as a whole.

4. Priest believes the team and the media needs to focus on the game and not on him.

5. Priest goes to all the running back meeting and works with LJ and T. Rich, thus still contributing to the team.

6. Priest said it hurts to sit on the sideline. It's killing him to not be able to play so he takes himself out of that situation.

Frankly I don't care if he's on the sideline or not. He cant contribute there so it's no big deal. He's getting paid regardless.

luv
12-24-2005, 08:09 PM
Who the **** cares who said what first? Priest and LJ are two different players with two different styles. Can we stop comparing them already? There will be Priest supporters, and there will be LJ supporters. They play for the same team, so they have the same goal in mind. Can we just get over ourselves for long enough to focus on next week instead of the "I told you so's"?

4th and Long
12-24-2005, 08:10 PM
Who the **** cares who said what first? Priest and LJ are two different players with two different styles. Can we stop comparing them already? There will be Priest supporters, and there will be LJ supporters. They play for the same team, so they have the same goal in mind. Can we just get over ourselves for long enough to focus on next week instead of the "I told you so's"?
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Skip Towne
12-24-2005, 08:13 PM
You obviously don't read through all the threads Skip so I'll try and paraphrase from the interview he gave several weeks back.

1. He's been doing a lot of traveling back and forth with Dr appointments and all.

2. He believes he would be a distraction to the team if he was on the sideline. Announcers would start that same old song and dance about who's better, Priest or LJ.

3. Priest feels that air time would be better spent talking about the team as a whole.

4. Priest believes the team and the media needs to focus on the game and not on him.

5. Priest goes to all the running back meeting and works with LJ and T. Rich, thus still contributing to the team.

6. Priest said it hurts to sit on the sideline. It's killing him to not be able to play so he takes himself out of that situation.

Frankly I don't care if he's on the sideline or not. He cant contribute there so it's no big deal. He's getting paid regardless.
You must not watch the games so I'll clarify for you. HE DOESN'T SHOW UP AT ALL!!!!!!!! He can go f*ck himself and you can go with him, dipshit.

4th and Long
12-24-2005, 08:16 PM
You must not watch the games so I'll clarify for you. HE DOESN'T SHOW UP AT ALL!!!!!!!! He can go f*ck himself and you can go with him, dipshit.
Uhhh Skip? I never said he showed up. On the contrary. I was telling you why he DOESNT show up. Im beginning to wonder if you have bipolar disorder.

Skip Towne
12-24-2005, 08:17 PM
Uhhh Skip? I never said he showed up. On the contrary. I was telling you why he DOESNT show up. Im beginning to wonder if you have bipolar disorder.
And I'm beginning to wonder if you have any common sense.

4th and Long
12-24-2005, 08:18 PM
And I'm begnning to wonder if you have any common sense.
Plenty. Your concern is greatly appreciated. Merry Christmas.

Skip Towne
12-24-2005, 08:19 PM
Plenty. Your concern is greatly appreciated. Merry Christmas.
Then exhibit it. Merry Christmas.

4th and Long
12-24-2005, 08:22 PM
Then exhibit it. Merry Christmas.
Seriously buddy, I don't know where that venom came from a moment ago. You said you wanted to know why Priest wasn't at the games and I supplied you with the answers he gave during a radio interview a few weeks back and *BLAMO* you were all over me like ugly on an ape. I wasn't defensing him, I was simply supplying you with the answers he gave the general public during a sports talk radio interview.

Are you OK?

Skip Towne
12-24-2005, 08:37 PM
Seriously buddy, I don't know where that venom came from a moment ago. You said you wanted to know why Priest wasn't at the games and I supplied you with the answers he gave during a radio interview a few weeks back and *BLAMO* you were all over me like ugly on an ape. I wasn't defensing him, I was simply supplying you with the answers he gave the general public during a sports talk radio interview.

Are you OK?
I'm fine. I am just tired of the Priest people telling us we owe him loyalty when he returns none of it. Your "answers" are all lame. Most Pro athletes are on the sidelines in their casts and crutches supporting their teams. Priest doesn't even bother to show up. Sorry if there was a misunderstanding.

4th and Long
12-24-2005, 08:41 PM
I'm fine. I am just tired of the Priest people telling us we owe him loyalty when he returns none of it. Your "answers" are all lame. Most Pro athletes are on the sidelines in their casts and crutches supporting their teams. Priest doesn't even bother to show up. Sorry if there was a misunderstanding.
Just to clarify, those were not "my" answers. Those were answers given by "Priest" himself.

Again, Merry Christmas, bro. :)

Skip Towne
12-24-2005, 08:48 PM
Just to clarify, those were not "my" answers. Those were answers given by "Priest" himself.

Again, Merry Christmas, bro. :)
It's total bullshit whoever gave those "answers". He hasn't showed up at all and you are the guy defending him with this bullshit. Merry Christmas.

luv
12-24-2005, 08:54 PM
Guys, guys, guys.....

Let's just stop now while we're still saying Merry Christmas and not Bah Humbug. :)

4th and Long
12-24-2005, 08:55 PM
It's total bullshit whoever gave those "answers". He hasn't showed up at all and you are the guy defending him with this bullshit. Merry Christmas.
OK Skip, one last time.

The answers I gave you came directly from Priests mouth. I heard him say them. In no way am I defending him. I am merely telling you what words I heard heard come out of his mouth during a sports talk radio interview when asked the same questions you are asking.

Plain and simple bud.

I'm done with this thread now.

Skip Towne
12-24-2005, 09:27 PM
OK Skip, one last time.

The answers I gave you came directly from Priests mouth. I heard him say them. In no way am I defending him. I am merely telling you what words I heard heard come out of his mouth during a sports talk radio interview when asked the same questions you are asking.

Plain and simple bud.

I'm done with this thread now.
h
Hey, you ignorant dipshit, you are the one that told me I obviously didn't read through all the threads so you had to enlighten me. I am just telling you that your hero ISN'T SHOWING UP. So SHUT YOUR F*CKING MOUTH OR BACK IT UP. I'd be done with this thread too if I was a dumbass.