PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Sims out 4-8 weeks more updates...

Dave Lane
09-12-2005, 08:48 PM
Just heard on 610 Sports they talked to DV, Sims out 4-8 weeks with sprained foot, Roaf out 2-4 weeks with a severe hamstring sprain Surtain if he can practice Thursday will play Tony Richardson Still waiting on the MRI.

Dave

Chan93lx50
09-12-2005, 08:49 PM
Well this just sucks ass!

Rudy lost the toss
09-12-2005, 08:49 PM
Damn... not terrible news but I was hoping for better

Saulbadguy
09-12-2005, 08:50 PM
Injuries can't be used as an excuse. Backups gotta be ready to play.

Frazod
09-12-2005, 08:50 PM
Roaf's injury scares me. Thank God we won't be seeing a real defense for the next couple of weeks.

siberian khatru
09-12-2005, 08:51 PM
I think I'm going to be sick.

JimNasium
I guess it's better now than in late November.

jiveturkey
We need to look for another FB and a DT.

the Talking Can
09-12-2005, 08:52 PM
shit

ILChief
well if sims in only out 4 "weeks", that is only 3 games since our bye is week 5. that is ok news. at least it's not season ending

Phobia
If Roaf has a "severe hamstring TEAR" it will be longer than 4 weeks. If it's a strain he could be back in 2. Glad we got a bye in there, too.

the Talking Can
09-12-2005, 08:53 PM
yeah, the early bye week may be a blessing

Frazod
09-12-2005, 08:53 PM
If Roaf has a "severe hamstring TEAR" it will be longer than 4 weeks. If it's a strain he could be back in 2. Glad we got a bye in there, too.

I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps "tear" isn't accurate.

Confirmation, please?

Rudy lost the toss
09-12-2005, 08:54 PM
getting Sampson back will help, and we'll see if Black has potential to be the future LT. a week 5 bye week helps

Dave Lane

Actually that may have been a severe sprain and not a tear...

Dave

Iowanian
I'm not putting much stock in anything coming out of 610.....

I'll believe it tomorrow when its in legit print, or from the horses mouth(not John Elway Dummies...Vermiel)

Saulbadguy
I'd like to know when we will get Sampson back.

siberian khatru
09-12-2005, 08:55 PM
Actually that may have been a severe sprain and not a tear...

Dave

NUTHOOKS!!!! :cuss:

Nah, just kidding. :)

Cochise
Wouldn't a severe tear put you on the shelf for the season?

Other than that, could be worse.

Sims disappears for 3 or 4 games at a time anyway so I'm not sure what we're losing.

Phobia
A sprained hammy? Thanks Dr. Lane. Heh heh.

ArrowheadHawk
that blows but we need the d backups to step up anyway....somebody needs to light a fire under siavii's fat ass

the Talking Can
so far, nothing that's season ending....that's a blessing (fingers crossed on T-Rich)

in the end, injuries aren't an excuse....we have to have players step up

tomahawk kid
09-12-2005, 08:56 PM
Just heard on 610 Sports they talked to DV, Sims out 4-8 weeks with sprained foot, Roaf out 2-4 weeks with a severe hamstring tear Surtain if he can practice Thursday will play Tony Richardson Still waiting on the MRI.

Dave

Let me guess - Chris Hamblin reported this?

siberian khatru
09-12-2005, 08:56 PM
Wouldn't a severe tear put you on the shelf for the season?

I thought that too. If it's 2-4, it's gotta be a strain.

Saulbadguy
09-12-2005, 08:57 PM
so far, nothing that's season ending....that's a blessing (fingers crossed on T-Rich)

Exactly. If Green went down, i'd freak out.

Anything else, we should be prepared for. No excuses.

siberian khatru
09-12-2005, 08:57 PM
BTW, given Roaf's girth and age, they better make sure he's 100% healed before he comes back. I'd hate for him to reinjure it right away and miss another 2-4 -- or more.

KevB
09-12-2005, 08:58 PM
I'm not putting much stock in anything coming out of 610.....

I'll believe it tomorrow when its in legit print, or from the horses mouth(not John Elway Dummies...Vermiel)

Exactly. 610 basically sits around and talks about season ending injuries to guys that aren't even hurt. It's amazing how much they speculate about injuries, and immediately jump to the worst case scenario. They're all about scare tactics to get listenership.

Dave Lane
09-12-2005, 08:58 PM
Let me guess - Chris Hamblin reported this?

I think thats who it was was. The statement started "According to Dick Vermiel ..." so take that at what its worth. Sims left on crutches and i'd guess that seems pretty realistic.

Dave

tomahawk kid
09-12-2005, 08:59 PM
Just heard Hamblin repeat this -

He said that ALL this was ACCORDING TO RHONDA MOSS - not DV.

It COULD be true, but given that 610 is the ONLY media outlet currently reporting this I'd take it with a HUGE grain of salt.

Said Roaf was a severe strain, not a tear. 2-4 weeks.

jiveturkey
09-12-2005, 09:00 PM
I'd like to know when we will get Sampson back.Sampson told Petro that he'll play next week.

KcMizzou
09-12-2005, 09:00 PM
Pfft...

Saulbadguy
09-12-2005, 09:01 PM
Gah. I hate this injury speculation. Vermeil is going Bill Snyder on us.

jiveturkey
09-12-2005, 09:01 PM

He said that ALL this was ACCORDING TO RHONDA MOSS - not DV.Grab the pitch forks and torches fellas, we're headed to Dave's house.
:)

tomahawk kid
09-12-2005, 09:02 PM
Pfft...

That's what I thought too, but you know the old saying about the sun shining on a dog's ass.......

Dave Lane

It COULD be true, but given that 610 is the ONLY media outlet currently reporting this I'd take it with a HUGE grain of salt.

When he said it the time I heard it it was DV so who knows maybe Rhonda talked to DV and thats how they got the DV in there.

Dave

Cochise

Oh.

Rhonda probably just heard "ham" and started drooling.

Iowanian
09-12-2005, 09:03 PM
I'll bet "Piston Honda" Moss, could play NT in the Chiefs 3-4 until Sims is back.

Dave Lane
09-12-2005, 09:04 PM
I'll bet "Piston Honda" Moss, could play NT in the Chiefs 3-4 until Sims is back.

OK I gotta ask what is a "piston Honda" reference?

Dave

Coach

Ronda Moss :rolleyes:

I don't believe anything about what they say.

Chan93lx50

Yep I agree!

Look at the pats last year they had injury problems and they still won the damn super bowl. We need the same from our players.

The worst Injury has got to be Roaf, I am afraid Trent is going to get hammered on a play and injured because the backup Tackle missed his block!

siberian khatru
Grab the pitch forks and torches fellas, we're headed to Dave's house.
:)

http://sq-16.tamu.edu/kerlee/past/Torches.jpg

tomahawk kid
When he said it the time I heard it it was DV so who knows maybe Rhonda talked to DV and thats how they got the DV in there.

Dave

When I heard it just now, it was "All this according to Wrong-da Moss...."

"Dick Vermiel had this to say to 610 tonight"..insert clip from Vermiel talking about Surtain playing against the Raiders here.

They worded the statement to make you THINK it came from Vermiel, by playing the clip from his show directly after Hamblin made his statement.

Saulbadguy
ROFL

http://page.freett.com/p_out_01/1_3.gif

Tinlar
09-12-2005, 09:05 PM
Well, not to say I didn't want them all back but if I was only going to get two of the four back I would have picked Surtain and T.Rich.

Michael Michigan
09-12-2005, 09:06 PM
Tucker's AP feed

http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/news/state/12628208.htm

...One look at the injury list, however, goes a long way toward taking the shine off.

Cornerback Patrick Surtain, one of the newcomers who seem to have transformed a hideous defense, will be listed as questionable this week and have an MRI, coach Dick Vermeil said Monday. Surtain sustained mild head trauma when he was tackled while returning an interception.

Also questionable, Vermeil said, will be Pro Bowl fullback Tony Richardson, who had a mild knee strain.

But as preparations began for Sunday night's game at Oakland, the immediate outlook for defensive tackle Ryan Sims and offensive tackle Willie Roaf was not so good. Sims hurt his foot and Roaf, a 10-time Pro Bowler, pulled a hamstring.

Without going into detail, Vermeil said both would probably be listed as doubtful.

jiveturkey
09-12-2005, 09:07 PM
http://sq-16.tamu.edu/kerlee/past/Torches.jpg

Why are those pussy's wearing helmuts to a good old fashion Dave Lane nut hooking?

Cochise
09-12-2005, 09:08 PM
You know my Denise smiley could work for Rhonda Moss too...

jiveturkey
Well, not to say I didn't want them all back but if I was only going to get two of the four back I would have picked Surtain and T.Rich.Not Roaf and Surtain???

We've got a 2nd stop tonight fellas. Keep the torches lit.

Iowanian
ROFL

While the name works better..........I was actually visualizing this guy

more size appropriate

tomahawk kid
09-12-2005, 09:09 PM
ROFL

http://page.freett.com/p_out_01/1_3.gif

Wrong-da does bear a striking resemblance to Piston.

siberian khatru
09-12-2005, 09:10 PM
Why are those pussy's wearing helmuts to a good old fashion Dave Lane nut hooking?

I heard Dave's got a helluva rock stash in the corner tower.

Dave Lane
09-12-2005, 09:10 PM
When I heard it just now, it was "All this according to Wrong-da Moss...."

"Dick Vermiel had this to say to 610 tonight"..insert clip from Vermiel talking about Surtain playing against the Raiders here.

They worded the statement to make you THINK it came from Vermiel, by playing the clip from his show directly after Hamblin made his statement.

Actually he said DV in the piece and he did not play a DV bit afterward at all. Absolutely Dick Vermiel said....

No mention of Rounded Boss at all. I would have put a big disclaimer had her name been mentioned.

Dave

jiveturkey
09-12-2005, 09:12 PM
I heard Dave's got a helluva rock stash in the corner tower.It's a good thing that you're incharge of safety.

Dave Lane
09-12-2005, 09:14 PM

Yeah thats what I want to know!

I will warn you I bought Rainmans paintball gun and have seen some action. It changed me. In ways I can't really describe.

Dave

tomahawk kid
Actually he said DV in the piece and he did not play a DV bit afterward at all. Absolutely Dick Vermiel said....

No mention of Rounded Boss at all. I would have put a big disclaimer had her name been mentioned.

Dave

Understand. That's not how he explained it the second time.

What someone said about 610 earlier using scare measures to increase their listener base is true. I actually think they're worst than 810 when it comes to pure, unadulterated speculation (i.e. make sh!t up and hope it comes true mode of journalism.)

I'm not saying that this 100% isn't true, I just want to hear it from another media source other than 610 or profootballd!ckl!cks.com.

Pitt Gorilla
Ok, that made me laugh my ass off. Great NES reference.

jiveturkey
09-12-2005, 09:15 PM
Yeah thats what I want to know!

I will warn you I bought Rainmans paintball gun and have seen some action. It changed me. In ways I can't really describe.

DaveYou got hit in the balls, didn't you?

I got hit in the balls and I stopped playing paintball.
:shake:

Dave Lane
09-12-2005, 09:16 PM
Would that have given you paintballs?

Dave

Just checking

Braincase
09-12-2005, 09:17 PM
DOGPILE ON DAVE!

Just kidding. I don't care what the others say, I think you're an alright guy.

jiveturkey
09-12-2005, 09:20 PM
Would that have given you paintballs?

Dave

Just checkingIt was a strange paint that I was lucky enough to experiment with. At first the paint changes your balls red and then later a bluish green and finally black and blue.

When you're nuts are as large as mine it's hard to sit down after any kind of nut injury.

go bowe
09-12-2005, 09:23 PM
Yep I agree!

Look at the pats last year they had injury problems and they still won the damn super bowl. We need the same from our players.

The worst Injury has got to be Roaf, I am afraid Trent is going to get hammered on a play and injured because the backup Tackle missed his block!well, hopefully he'll be smart enough to take the holding penalty and just tackle the guy rather than give him a clean shot at trent...

Terribilis
09-12-2005, 09:53 PM
While the name works better..........I was actually visualizing this guy

i was actually thinking of this guy

http://mortal.shang.free.fr/images/culte/sf2/sf2_honda.png

Deberg_1990
09-12-2005, 09:58 PM
Why the concern about Sims now?? I thought most of us here were ready to write him off as a bust so far in his career??? Its not much of a loss as far as im concerned.

Iowanian
09-12-2005, 10:03 PM
He looked pretty damn good in the preseason...and he was playing like a wildman in sunday's game when he got hurt.

Woodrow Call
09-12-2005, 10:04 PM
Why the concern about Sims now?? I thought most of us here were ready to write him off as a bust so far in his career??? Its not much of a loss as far as im concerned.

I think Sims was coming on but I am more concerned about depth. Browning and Dalton with Wilkerson filling in isn't nearly enough for 60 min. Savaii can't be counted on so they need to add a body.

nychief
09-12-2005, 10:12 PM
Clietus Hunt anyone?

Woody Paige
09-12-2005, 10:14 PM
Rhonda Moss is a hack.

Iowanian
09-12-2005, 10:16 PM
Woody Paige would hump pistonHOnda Moss.........but he'd have to tape a picture of a semi nude prepubecent boy to her neck roll to get it up.

I heard, that in August, when the "back to school" issue of the sears catalog came out, they changed your name to Sticky Paige.

Woody Paige
09-12-2005, 10:19 PM
Woody Paige would hump pistonHOnda Moss.........but he'd have to tape a picture of a semi nude prepubecent boy to her neck roll to get it up.

I heard, that in August, when the "back to school" issue of the sears catalog came out, they changed your name to Sticky Paige.

Look Buford, if you are trying to intice me into shagging you, you had me at Woody.

Woodrow Call
09-12-2005, 10:20 PM
Look Buford, if you are trying to intice me into shagging you, you had me at Woody.

ROFL

Iowanian
09-12-2005, 10:21 PM
Shag me?

I'll cyber face-hump you until you love me.

You'll have to toss more salads than Oprah's chef for me to get you another crayon to draw your Donkfan cavedrawings.

chief99
09-12-2005, 10:25 PM
This team can overcome.

Chant now together.

Siavii Siavii Siavii Siavii Siavii Siavii Siavii SiaviiSiavii Siavii Siavii Siavii Siavii Siavii Siavii Siavii Siavii Siavii Siavii Siavii Siavii Siavii Siavii SiaviiSiavii Siavii Siavii Siavii Siavii Siavii Siavii SiaviiSiavii Siavii Siavii Siavii Siavii Siavii Siavii SiaviiSiavii Siavii Siavii Siavii Siavii Siavii Siavii SiaviiSiavii Siavii Siavii Siavii Siavii Siavii Siavii Siavii

Woody Paige
09-12-2005, 10:28 PM
Shag me?

I'll cyber face-hump you until you love me.

You'll have to toss more salads than Oprah's chef for me to get you another crayon to draw your Donkfan cavedrawings.

That's it baby, talk dirty to me. :whackit:

Der Flöprer
09-12-2005, 10:28 PM
I pray to God above that those guys come back quickly and no one gets hurt. I'd really like the opportunity to see what this team is capable of if kept intact and uninjured. I haven't had these kind of aspirations in a very long time. GO CHIEFS!!!!!

KCinNY
09-12-2005, 10:46 PM
Clietus Hunt anyone?

Maybe DV still has Nate Hobgood-Chittisomething in his rolodex.

Pitt Gorilla
09-12-2005, 10:51 PM
How about the Fatefehi pimps? Does this "can't miss draft pick that Carl should have drafted" have a job?

Iowanian
09-12-2005, 10:56 PM
I've been asking about him, dorsett Davis and Cletius Hunt all week..maybe 2.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-12-2005, 10:57 PM
What are the chances we could move Shields to LT?
He played pretty well there a couple years ago.

BigRedChief
09-12-2005, 11:49 PM
Sims was a frigging dynamo that first series but hasn't done crap before then so we shouldn't miss him.

Tony Richardson is a pro bowl blocker. We will miss him but its not a killer. We still have enough good blockers left to make holes for LJ and Priest and protect Trent.

Roaf is not good. The dude is a monster. Pancakes everyone. That one will hurt.

Surtain is as billed. We need to keep that dude healthy.

Now if Trent goes down....I'm voluntarily going on a suicide watch.

Dr. Chief
09-13-2005, 12:10 AM
It sure would be nice to have Welbourne's depth right now. Hopefully we can keep up with the running game to keep from exposing Stent's backside.

patteeu
09-13-2005, 12:57 AM
that blows but we need the d backups to step up anyway....somebody needs to light a fire under siavii's fat ass

On his radio program, DV actually sounded pretty positive when he talked about Siavii. He said that when Siavii was able to play, he was making good progress but that he kept getting injuries that were setting him back. I don't know if it's just coach-speak trying to talk Siavii up or if it's honesty, but it gave me a small amount of hope that Siavii isn't the obvious bust that the intelligencia here at ChiefsPlanet have already declared.

alanm
09-13-2005, 01:14 AM
What are the chances we could move Shields to LT?
He played pretty well there a couple years ago.
Jordan Black will be fine at LT. It's going to be his gig when Willie retires anyway. He may as well start getting some time in now.

J Diddy
09-13-2005, 01:24 AM
On his radio program, DV actually sounded pretty positive when he talked about Siavii. He said that when Siavii was able to play, he was making good progress but that he kept getting injuries that were setting him back. I don't know if it's just coach-speak trying to talk Siavii up or if it's honesty, but it gave me a small amount of hope that Siavii isn't the obvious bust that the intelligencia here at ChiefsPlanet have already declared.

I hope

J Diddy
09-13-2005, 01:25 AM
It sure would be nice to have Welbourne's depth right now. Hopefully we can keep up with the running game to keep from exposing Stent's backside.

Hey, doc, don't be hating on Green

Mecca
09-13-2005, 01:50 AM
We should probably use Khari Longs roster spot to bring a DT in...... Hunt, Davis whoever as long as they can fill the hole till Sims is back.

Woodrow Call
09-15-2005, 07:18 PM
According to everyone's favorite source of info, warpaintillustrated is reporting DV said Sims is out 5-6 weeks today.

patteeu
09-15-2005, 07:36 PM
According to audio of DV on 610 am, Ryan Sims will be re-evaluated in 4 or 5 weeks. He said that pessimistically, Sims is out for the year. Optimistically, he'll be back at some unspecified point.

Commentary by one of the reporters on that station indicated that the re-evaluation that takes place in 4 or 5 weeks will be to determine whether surgery is needed.

Rhonda Moss said that this is NOT a Ty Law type injury.

I wouldn't count on Sims being back anytime soon.

Hydrae
09-15-2005, 07:38 PM
Is this the end of his career as a Chief?

Bwana
09-15-2005, 07:38 PM
We need to try to bring in another DT yesterday.

Count Alex's Losses
09-15-2005, 07:39 PM
This sucks.

Saliva better set up. It's time, Savaii!!!

Iowanian
09-15-2005, 07:39 PM
If thats true, they need to slap his ass on PUP and bring in a DT....

My list has been posted enough.

C-Mac
09-15-2005, 07:47 PM
How does everthing that Vermiel stated change from yesterday?
Tony was just on NFL network talking about him no way missing that game.

Woodrow Call
09-15-2005, 07:49 PM
How does everthing that Vermiel stated change from yesterday?
Tony was just on NFL network talking about him no way missing that game.

I am guessing Sims' 2nd opinion didn't go well. I think the rest of the injury news is still the same.

C-Mac
09-15-2005, 07:51 PM
I am guessing Sims' 2nd opinion didn't go well. I think the rest of the injury news is still the same.

Thats my point

royr17
09-15-2005, 08:36 PM
Thats my point

I didnt understand the no way him missing a game part.

Does that mean Sims injury isnt that bad and that he can play ?

Delano
09-15-2005, 08:38 PM
I didnt understand the no way him missing a game part.

Does that mean Sims injury isnt that bad and that he can play ?

That was T-Rich that said there was no way that he would miss the game.

royr17
09-15-2005, 08:42 PM
That was T-Rich that said there was no way that he would miss the game.

I know that Sims injured his foot, but does anybody know what kind of injury it is ?

nychief
09-15-2005, 08:52 PM
I know that Sims injured his foot, but does anybody know what kind of injury it is ?

a foot injury.

jspchief
09-15-2005, 08:56 PM
Is this the end of his career as a Chief?Why would it be? All indication is that it's finally starting to click. we've already invested this much time and effort. It would be stupid to bail now just because of an injury.

Hydrae
09-15-2005, 08:59 PM
Why would it be? All indication is that it's finally starting to click. we've already invested this much time and effort. It would be stupid to bail now just because of an injury.

I may be remembering wrong but isn't he due a large roster bonus after the season this year? He may have been looking better but we don't really know and it would not be a huge surprise to see him cut rather than paying millions for what might be. :shrug:

jspchief
09-15-2005, 09:05 PM
I may be remembering wrong but isn't he due a large roster bonus after the season this year? He may have been looking better but we don't really know and it would not be a huge surprise to see him cut rather than paying millions for what might be. :shrug:His base salary doubles next year, but it's still relatively reasonable for a starting D-lineman. I don't think there's any way we get rid of him if he can recover from this injury. We've invested a $10 million bonus in him already.

go bowe
09-15-2005, 09:27 PM
hell, if sims came back with an artificial leg, we still wouldn't let him go...

for that matter, gun would probably make him play, too...

Dayze
09-15-2005, 09:40 PM
IMO, the loss of Sims for the next 3 games or so, is not significant enought for me to get twisted up about.
He is certainly a serviceable DT, and like most other DTs of his skill, there are times when you see flashes from him. However, those flashes usually occur at realtively insignificant points in the game, when there is a blown play or blocking assignment, or when he is matched up against a below-average O-line.

At this point, my concern would be on the remaining depth of the D-line, and hope to avoid further injuries that would sideline other D-line personnel in the rotation.

My $.02

Dartgod
09-15-2005, 09:43 PM

a foot injury.

ROFL

the Talking Can
09-15-2005, 11:33 PM
the panthers lost Kris Jenkins...it could be a lot worse...this hurts, but watch Wilkerson step up in a utility role.....out of the 4 injured, Sims is clearly the least proven player to lose...

chief52
09-15-2005, 11:38 PM
IMO, the loss of Sims for the next 3 games or so, is not significant enought for me to get twisted up about.
He is certainly a serviceable DT, and like most other DTs of his skill, there are times when you see flashes from him. However, those flashes usually occur at realtively insignificant points in the game, when there is a blown play or blocking assignment, or when he is matched up against a below-average O-line.

At this point, my concern would be on the remaining depth of the D-line, and hope to avoid further injuries that would sideline other D-line personnel in the rotation.

My $.02

Well said. It's funny how when a player is injured he was going to do so much. I think/hoped he was going to have a breakout year as well. But he has had ample time and, well, nada

keg in kc
09-15-2005, 11:40 PM
Losing a starter always hurts. No matter who it is.

Hopefully someone steps up, and hopefully this is even more motivation for Sims to play like a man possessed when he's back.

beer bacon
09-15-2005, 11:41 PM
the panthers lost Kris Jenkins...it could be a lot worse...this hurts, but watch Wilkerson step up in a utility role.....out of the 4 injured, Sims is clearly the least proven player to lose...

I would feel better if we signed a quality depth guy like Cledius Hunt, Dorsett Davis, or Fatafehi. I don't really feel comfortable with Siavii getting a significant amount of playing time.

the Talking Can
09-15-2005, 11:51 PM
I would feel better if we signed a quality depth guy like Cledius Hunt, Dorsett Davis, or Fatafehi. I don't really feel comfortable with Siavii getting a significant amount of playing time.

I agree completly...I'd have already cut Siavii...he's a worthless loser...any of the three you mentioned are better than he is.....

RINGLEADER
09-16-2005, 12:10 AM
Hopefully the backups will be prepared and ready to play...the drop-off in offense from BR (before Roaf) and AR (after Roaf) during week one was borderline frightening...

keg in kc
09-16-2005, 12:14 AM
Hopefully the backups will be prepared and ready to play...the drop-off in offense from BR (before Roaf) and AR (after Roaf) during week one was borderline frightening...I'm hoping that a week of snaps as starters and the huge dropoff in quality between the ends we saw in green and the Raiders ends helps with that. Sampson should be better at tackle than Bober, too, I'd think.

But it's a concern, no doubt.