PDA

View Full Version : Saunders on Kris Wilson

Dr. Chief
09-13-2005, 07:56 AM
Saunders was just on 810 saying that Kris Wilson basically was taken out of the game plan due to injuries and the change of game plan with the big lead.

Gaz
09-13-2005, 07:59 AM
With Roaf and Richardson out, I would anticipate lots of 2TE sets and big old dose of big old Johnson [oh, behave, you miscreants].

Could be a chance for Gonzalez & Wilson to do some damage against the Raiders.

xoxo~
Gaz
Would like to see some damage against the Raiders.

jspchief
09-13-2005, 08:00 AM
Kris Wilson is Bigfoot.

donkhater
09-13-2005, 08:01 AM
Until Wilson catches more than a token pass in a game, I consider him to be no more valuable to this team than Jesse Haynes or the "Real Deal" were to their teams.

I'm surprised by the lack of 'Show Me' attitude from a bunch of fans from Missouri.

Mr. Kotter
09-13-2005, 08:03 AM
I sure hope he's ready to deliver when we need him. :hmmm:

Count Alex's Losses
09-13-2005, 08:03 AM
Was Wilson even in the goal line package when we were up 17-0? He should have gotten one thrown his way down there.

Saulbadguy
09-13-2005, 08:26 AM
With Roaf and Richardson out, I would anticipate lots of 2TE sets and big old dose of big old Johnson [oh, behave, you miscreants].

xoxo~
Gaz

Most likely it would be Gonzalez & Dunn doing the most damage.

Saulbadguy
09-13-2005, 08:26 AM
Kris Wilson is Bigfoot.
You mean constantly out of focus?

Woody Paige
09-13-2005, 08:28 AM
Kris Wilson is Bigfoot.

ROFL

:clap:

Demonpenz
09-13-2005, 08:28 AM
You mean constantly out of focus?

I think he means the monster truck

Saulbadguy
09-13-2005, 08:29 AM
I think he means the monster truck
Or the pizza.

Demonpenz
09-13-2005, 08:31 AM
Maybe a monster truck pizza sig would be in order

htismaqe
09-13-2005, 08:32 AM

xoxo~
Gaz

Actually, Saunders said with Roaf out we'd likely see LESS of Wilson, because we'll need to see more of Jason Dunn...

morphius
09-13-2005, 08:34 AM
Actually, Saunders said with Roaf out we'd likely see LESS of Wilson, because we'll need to see more of Jason Dunn...
Yup, he said that he didn't want to put any more pressure on the tackles.

siberian khatru
09-13-2005, 08:46 AM

xoxo~
Gaz

Most of the time, I'd say yes. But this week, IMO the Raiders are begging to be passed on. They did a good job against the run vs. the Pats, but were dreadful against the pass.

Of course, I worry about Green getting killed with too many dropbacks. But the Raiders' biggest vulnerability appears to be thru the air. If we can establish a running game, more power to them. I'd rather control the ball and keep Moss off the field anyway. But I think if Green can have just decent protection, we can light up the secondary and LBs.

htismaqe
09-13-2005, 08:48 AM
Most of the time, I'd say yes. But this week, IMO the Raiders are begging to be passed on. They did a good job against the run vs. the Pats, but were dreadful against the pass.

Of course, I worry about Green getting killed with too many dropbacks. But the Raiders' biggest vulnerability appears to be thru the air. If we can establish a running game, more power to them. I'd rather control the ball and keep Moss off the field anyway. But I think if Green can have just decent protection, we can light up the secondary and LBs.

Saunders basically said the same thing.

the Talking Can
09-13-2005, 08:59 AM
Kris Wilson is Bigfoot.
ROFL

perfect

the Talking Can
09-13-2005, 09:03 AM
The Raiders have a CB named Ass-o-moe or something who is every bit as terrible as McCleon/Bartee....either Kennison or Parker is going to light his ass up....even without Roaf I think we'll see a more aggressive passing game this week....AS is always itching to exploit weaknesses in the secondary...

the Raiders run D may be decent, but they get no QB pressure from the DTs..much like us...we'll be running wide around Sapp/Washington and see lots of 15-20 yard routes...their LBs are freaking terrible as well....

bringbackmarty
09-13-2005, 09:03 AM
Bullshit, we are going to pound the rock down their throat. we wont see a pass until the second drive.
oakland cant stop shit, and they know it.

Mecca
09-13-2005, 09:05 AM
The Raiders have a CB named Ass-o-moe or something who is every bit as terrible as McCleon/Bartee....either Kennison or Parker is going to light his ass up....even without Roaf I think we'll see a more aggressive passing game this week....AS is always itching to exploit weaknesses in the secondary...

the Raiders run D may be decent, but they get no QB pressure from the DTs..much like us...we'll be running wide around Sapp/Washington and see lots of 15-20 yard routes...their LBs are freaking terrible as well....

Nnamdi Asomugha? He was actually a first round pick how sad is that.........

siberian khatru
09-13-2005, 09:08 AM
their LBs are freaking terrible as well....

I agree. Watching Ben Watson burn them for a couple of big plays last week really had me licking my chops thinking about what a Gonzo/Wilson package could do against them.

the Talking Can
09-13-2005, 09:08 AM

wow...he was brutally bad against New England

siberian khatru
09-13-2005, 09:10 AM
wow...he was brutally bad against New England

He wasn't just letting guys catch the ball, he was taking bad angles to tackle them.

Mecca
09-13-2005, 09:10 AM
He was also a college safety at Cal who was converted to corner...... why does that sound familiar.

the Talking Can
09-13-2005, 09:12 AM
He was also a college safety at Cal who was converted to corner...... why does that sound familiar.
ROFL

all night I thought "that's Bartee out there...."

Ultra Peanut
09-13-2005, 09:21 AM
Kris Wilson is Bigfoot.Jspchief is to Kris Wilson as Denise is to George W. Bush.

foxman
09-13-2005, 09:26 AM
Kris Wilson is Bigfoot.

ROFL

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-13-2005, 09:52 AM
Kris Wilson is the greatest player who never played.

Cormac
09-13-2005, 10:26 AM

And with Arturo Freeman out of the league, Derrick Gibson has to be the absolute worst safety left.

:D

KILLER_CLOWN
09-13-2005, 10:39 AM
The reason New Eggland couldn't run is because they have a pass blocking line, we should destroy da faiders via ground pounding.

jspchief
09-13-2005, 11:15 AM
Jspchief is to Kris Wilson as Denise is to George W. Bush.Heh. Not quite.

I just keep hearing about bigfoot, but have yet to see any evidence that he exists.

I think a lot of Chiefs fans are going to be pretty disappointed when Wilson does exactly what the coaches thought he could, and it only amounts to 300 yards receiving and a few TDs.

bkkcoh
09-13-2005, 11:30 AM
Kris Wilson is the greatest player who never played.

and one of the most popular players other than the back-up, clipboard holding qb's that run the sidelines (for most of the other teams in the league) :banghead:

Mecca
09-13-2005, 11:34 AM
And with Arturo Freeman out of the league, Derrick Gibson has to be the absolute worst safety left.

Derrick Gibson, another one of their great 1st round picks. Man they sure know how to draft DB's eh.......

KevB
09-13-2005, 11:47 AM

Agreed. Gibson's so bad he let Tim Dwight beat him for a TD last week.

Cormac
09-13-2005, 12:35 PM
Agreed. Gibson's so bad he let Tim Dwight beat him for a TD last week.

.....and while we're bashing Raider DBs......Charles Woodson!....ROFL ROFL ROFL

This is fun! :D

philfree
09-13-2005, 01:18 PM
In regards to Wilson here's mcans breakdown of the 1st TD by LJ.

Single back is Johnson, Tony Gonzalez is lined up at TE on the Right, and DUNN is lined up as a SLOT/WR, and KRIS WILSON is lined up as a SPLIT END/WR! The Jets look confused as to why our goal line (3 TE) offense looks like a standard 3 wide. Dunn then goes in motion and comes to a stop in a SLOT position. The linebackers are calling out signals and are standing flat footed when the ball is snapped. It's a pitch to the left, Roaf and Waters both get out around the end, while WILSON collapses onto the linebacker who is just standing there, completely helpless, and DUNN seals off the Defensive End. The end is so wide open that ROAF doesn't even find anybody to block until he gets 12 yards downfield, at which point he hits the corner HARD. Johnson then turns on that AFTERBURNER speed and nobody touches him. The play is so well designed that WATERS DIDN'T EVEN BLOCK ANYBODY! 6 points...

We used Wilson on that play in our 3 TE set. I bet Wilson makes some big time plays catching passes out of that set before the seasons over. Big Al has already laid the trap and it only took one time with that package on the field to do it.

PhilFree:arrow:

Ultra Peanut
09-14-2005, 09:51 AM
In regards to Wilson here's mcans breakdown of the 1st TD by LJ.

We used Wilson on that play in our 3 TE set. I bet Wilson makes some big time plays catching passes out of that set before the seasons over. Big Al has already laid the trap and it only took one time with that package on the field to do it.

PhilFree:arrow:Shut up! HE SUCKS! HE WASN'T EVEN ON THE FIELD ON THAT PLAY!

whoman69
09-14-2005, 11:18 AM
The problem with Willson is that he has not developed into a blocker. That was not real hard to prognosticate. That takes him out of 2 TE sets for running downs. Right now the only situation he can get in on is 2 TE sets on passing downs and put him in the slot. He isn't any more scary than any other slot receiver. Until he learns to block he just won't be in there too much. We can't even put him in the backfield except as a receiver.

Rausch
09-14-2005, 11:30 AM
The problem with Willson is that he has not developed into a blocker. That was not real hard to prognosticate. That takes him out of 2 TE sets for running downs. Right now the only situation he can get in on is 2 TE sets on passing downs and put him in the slot. He isn't any more scary than any other slot receiver. Until he learns to block he just won't be in there too much. We can't even put him in the backfield except as a receiver.

Exactly. Illustrated below:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/kris_wilson

OVERVIEW
Has been described as a "John Mackey" type of tight end, as he's proven to be a productive weapon in both the pass and run games during his career Even though he is not conventionally large for the position, Kris thrives utilizing his quickness and tenacity Has soft hands and the ability to gain yards after the catch "Kris is very versatile," tight ends coach Bob Ligashesky said. "His quickness allows him to be an effective blocker in the run game. His ability to run really provides favorable matchups in the passing game. Kris enables us to get into a lot of different personnel changes and that is what keeps him on the field." The John Mackey Award candidate has also been a standout in the class-room during his collegiate career (two-time honoree on the Big East All-Academic Football Team 2002 and 2001)

ANALYSIS
Positives: Has a compact frame with good overall muscle mass, thick chest and strong legs Combines a good head fake and quickness to beat the jam off the line Shows speed and savvy to gain separation after the catch Uses his body to nudge defenders in order to create space in his routes Will move and adjust to uncover on short throws and displays courage going for the ball in traffic Has the speed to break free in the open and knows how to stretch the seams Displays athleticism with his closing burst on underneath throws and times his leaps to make adjustments getting to the ball at its high point Physical runner after the catch, keeping his legs constantly moving and his shoulders square to defeat the initial tackle Has the body control and hand punch needed to adjust to the linebacker's moves when blocking for the ground game at the second level Poses matchup issues for a defense in the short-to-intermediate area due to his burst and quickness Runs with a normal stride and can accelerate after the catch While he lines up mostly as a tight end, he has the lateral agility to go in motion and has experience as a lead blocker working out of the backfield Works hard to pester the defender in attempts to sustain as a blocker Does a better job blocking upfield, where he has the speed to get to his block point and flexibility to adjust to a defender's moves Always gives top effort Excellent tackler on the punt coverage unit.

Wait, that doesn't support the argument...Hold on.

Here you go: http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2003/Preview/Top_25_TEs.htm

3. Kris Wilson, Pittsburgh Sr.
It's unfortunate that Wilson plays in the same conference as Kellen Winslow. The 6-3, 240-pound Wilson is a legitimate John Mackey Award candidate averaging 21.6 yards per catch with the speed to beat most linebackers and the strength to be one of the nation's better blocking tight ends.

$#it....

jspchief
09-14-2005, 11:35 AM
Exactly. Illustrated below:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/kris_wilson

Wait, that doesn't support the argument...Hold on.

Here you go: http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2003/Preview/Top_25_TEs.htm

$#it....That's all great. Now post what those sites said about Ryan Leaf coming out of college. :p

Maybe Wilson will end up being a good blocker. But right now, he isn't. The Chiefs tested his blocking ability quite a bit in one of the pre-season games, and he was aweful. Until he actually proves on the field that he is a good run blocker, opposing teams will be more inclined to treat him as a passing target only.

But don't let the facts disparage the new Football Jesus.

Count Alex's Losses
09-14-2005, 11:41 AM
Wilson was a lousy blocker at TIGHT END. Wasn't he taking on defensive ends?

I bet Wilson can kill some linebackers coming through the hole.

Rausch
09-14-2005, 11:42 AM
That's all great. Now post what those sites said about Ryan Leaf coming out of college. :p

Maybe Wilson will end up being a good blocker. But right now, he isn't. The Chiefs tested his blocking ability quite a bit in one of the pre-season games, and he was aweful. Until he actually proves on the field that he is a good run blocker, opposing teams will be more inclined to treat him as a passing target only.

But don't let the facts disparage the new Football Jesus.

It's much easier to be a lead blocker in the backfield (FB/H Back) than a TE blocking a DE.

Wilson's size makes him a perfect H/Full back but a smaller TE. Makes all the sense in the world to work him at FB if TRich is out.

Given the choice I'd run with Wilson over Gado...

jspchief
09-14-2005, 11:45 AM
It's much easier to be a lead blocker in the backfield (FB/H Back) than a TE blocking a DE.

Wilson's size makes him a perfect H/Full back but a smaller TE. Makes all the sense in the world to work him at FB if TRich is out.

Given the choice I'd run with Wilson over Gado...

It's certainly possible that he'll block better from the FB spot. From what I saw, I doubt it, but we won't know until we try it I guess. It still boils down to him having to prove he's a threat both blocking and passing before he becomes the weapon he's touted to be.

As for starting him over Gado... Since Gado isn't on our team, I agree.

Chiefnj
09-14-2005, 11:59 AM
[QUOTE=jspchief]That's all great. Now post what those sites said about Ryan Leaf coming out of college. :p

[QUOTE]

You don't have to go back to Leaf. Didn't you read, DJ can't take on blocks. He's gonna be a bust.

whoman69
09-14-2005, 12:17 PM
I saw just as many scouting reports out of college that Wilson would lack as a blocker in the NFL. That aside, his experience this year has shown that he need to improve in that area. Until he learns to block, he can't help us at TE or FB. Omar Easy ring a bell?