PDA

View Full Version : OOOPs, Negin was a Republican and switched parties in 2002...

memyselfI
09-13-2005, 07:44 AM
This lil tidbit combined with the fact that the previous GOV. of LA was a Republican should nip the finger pointing at the Dems in the bud...should, but won't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Nagin

Before his election, Nagin was a member of the Republican Party and had little political experience; he was a vice president and general manager at Cox Communications, a cable communications company and subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. Nagin did give contributions periodically to candidates, including President George W. Bush and former Republican U.S. Representative Billy Tauzin in 1999 and 2000, as well as to Democratic U.S. Senators John Breaux and J. Bennett Johnston earlier in the decade.

Days before filing for the New Orleans Mayoral race in February 2002, Nagin switched his party registration to the Democratic Party. Shortly before the primary election, an endorsement praising Nagin as a reformer by Gambit Magazine gave him crucial momentum that would carry through for the primary election and runoff. In the first round of the crowded mayoral election in February 2002, Nagin received first place with 29% of the vote, against such opponents as Police Chief Richard Pennington, State Senator Paulette Irons, City Councilman Troy Carter and others. In the runoff with Pennington in May 2002, Nagin won with 59% of the vote. His campaign was largely self-financed.

Patriot 21
09-13-2005, 08:52 AM
You are an idiot. People died because of lack of planning on the local and state level regardless of political party.

What does Nagins political party have to do with anything?

Please don't project your hatred for good people of another political party on us. That's not what we're about.

Area 51
09-13-2005, 09:34 AM
You are an idiot. People died because of lack of planning on the local and state level regardless of political party.

What does Nagins political party have to do with anything?

Please don't project your hatred for good people of another political party on us. That's not what we're about.

She can't help herself, she hates republicans!!

BTW, when he changed to a demomcrat he had a lobotomy so he could meet their standards!!

Warrior5
09-13-2005, 09:40 AM
Please clarify the oops and political party correlation with disaster response...I'm not seeing the linkage you're inferring.

beavis
09-13-2005, 09:47 AM
Please clarify the oops and political party correlation with disaster response...I'm not seeing the linkage you're inferring.
Nagin used to be a Republican.
She switches parties.
Hurricane happens.
Nagin used to be a Republican, therefore, she's a stooge for Bush.
So yet another link to prove the Bush conspiracy to destroy New Orleans with a hurricane.

Have your medication checked, DUHnise.

Warrior5
09-13-2005, 09:59 AM
beavis,

Nagin is "he".

Radar Chief
09-13-2005, 10:11 AM
beavis,

Nagin is "he".

Maybe he had to turn in his man jewels when switch’n parties? :shrug: ;)

memyselfI
09-13-2005, 10:54 AM

the RWNJs are trying to blame this on Negin and Blanco as some incompetent Democrats politicos...

nevermind that Negin was one of them until the 2002 election. And that the government in LA has been predominately run by CONs the past twenty years.

Warrior5
09-13-2005, 11:13 AM
the RWNJs are trying to blame this on Negin and Blanco as some incompetent Democrats politicos...

nevermind that Negin was one of them until the 2002 election. And that the government in LA has been predominately run by CONs the past twenty years.

OK. I hadn't heard any Reps making this a party thing, just that Blanco and Nagin are incompetent; frankly the only thing that I read between the lines in your excerpt is that Nagin was a smart politician. He realized that he was unelectable as a Rep in NO, so one week out, he switched parties.

Still don't see the Dem vs Rep. aspect to this.

Radar Chief
09-13-2005, 12:01 PM
OK. I hadn't heard any Reps making this a party thing, just that Blanco and Nagin are incompetent; frankly the only thing that I read between the lines in your excerpt is that Nagin was a smart politician. He realized that he was unelectable as a Rep in NO, so one week out, he switched parties.

Now that Nagin is being exposed (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9240461/), he’s a liability. What you’re see’n is cannibalism, Dem’s eat’n their own. ;)

Area 51
09-13-2005, 12:14 PM
Now that Nagin is being exposed (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9240461/), he’s a liability. What you’re see’n is cannibalism, Dem’s eat’n their own. ;)

If that's truly the case let's send memyselfi to them!!!

ROFL

memyselfI
09-13-2005, 12:23 PM

So, you haven't listened to Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity or read Freepers or Marc Bulger's last thread?

Phobia
09-13-2005, 12:44 PM
OK. I hadn't heard any Reps making this a party thing

To be fair, they did force that dirty rotten Democrat FEMA head, Brown to resign.

Chief Henry
09-13-2005, 12:45 PM
Sure am glad Mayor Nagin wasn't a Republican when he ****ed up his city evacuation plan.
Can you just imagine ?

Warrior5
09-13-2005, 01:02 PM
So, you haven't listened to Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity or read Freepers or Marc Bulger's last thread?

No to all of the above.

Guess I'm too dense to understand the "so what" of your post.

Either that, or I'm too focused on the upcoming Chiefs-Raiders game. BTW, what's your prediction for the game?

listopencil
10-26-2006, 12:45 AM
BUMP