PDA

View Full Version : 610 reports that Larry Johnson turned himself into police for domestic violence...

Mecca
09-13-2005, 10:41 AM
Apparently some incident occured in a bar on Friday night in a bar where he grabbed a womans arm.

morphius
09-13-2005, 10:42 AM
We just need a no bar policy for our players this year, dear lord.

Sure-Oz
09-13-2005, 10:43 AM
this bar crap is getting ridiculous

NewChief
Please god, no. Say it ain't so.
:banghead:

Cochise
"Grabbed a woman's arm"?

KCTitus
09-13-2005, 10:45 AM
I thought domestic violence indicated a family member at a residence. Wouldnt a bar 'arm grabbing' be assault or battery?

Bob Dole
Sweet chocolate Jesus.

Just when you think we can't get any more bad news...

Mecca
The woman was his ex-girlfriend, saw him with his new girlfriend, created a scene. He grabbed her arm for some reason. She went to the police later on Saturday as it happened early Saturday morning.

Count Alex's Losses
09-13-2005, 10:48 AM
Oh Jesus...we do NOT NEED THIS.

Bwana
09-13-2005, 10:48 AM
Those ex girfriends can be a real bitch.

jAZ
09-13-2005, 10:50 AM
Sounds like a scorned woman looking for a reason to hurt LJ for hurting her.

Cochise
09-13-2005, 10:50 AM
What part of grabbing an arm gets you arrested? I mean, did he yank her down to the ground or what?

Mecca
09-13-2005, 10:51 AM
There's always some bizarre shit like this going on in the NFL. In the offseason Ahman Greens nutty wife called the cops on him because he punched and mattress. Yes I'm serious a mattress, and he actually got arrested and charged with domestic battery for this.......

Ironically he filed for divorce right after, wonder why...........

ct
09-13-2005, 10:52 AM
Honestly, if it's an ex-girlfriend causing a scene with his new girlfriend, and she went to police later, this really doesn't sound like much. I hope... Any legal issue is worrisome for sure, especially given prior attitude concerns with LJ.

Mecca
09-13-2005, 10:53 AM
What part of grabbing an arm gets you arrested? I mean, did he yank her down to the ground or what?

Well alot of times in this country if a woman claims a man assaulted her, they are going to arrest the man even if nothing happened. The charges will be dropped later if theres no evidence but yea this stuff does happen.

Maybe she had a bruise? I'm not sure, but these charges and the whole situation seem really ticky tacky to me.

Bwana
Sounds like a scorned woman looking for a reason to hurt LJ for hurting her.

Exactly

Saulbadguy
This is nothing. Stop freaking out.

BigMeatballDave
09-13-2005, 10:54 AM
There's always some bizarre shit like this going on in the NFL. In the offseason Ahman Greens nutty wife called the cops on him because he punched and mattress. Yes I'm serious a mattress, and he actually got arrested and charged with domestic battery for this.......

Ironically he filed for divorce right after, wonder why...........
:spock:

petegz28
09-13-2005, 10:55 AM
Nothing to see here ..move along people! Sheesh the worst that will happen is a slap on the wrist. Especially if he never hit her. I have been arrested for "assault" and never touched the bitch. She just said I did and off I went.

Mecca
09-13-2005, 10:59 AM
Nothing to see here ..move along people! Sheesh the worst that will happen is a slap on the wrist. Especially if he never hit her. I have been arrested for "assault" and never touched the bitch. She just said I did and off I went.

That's pretty much all it takes these days. Woman accuses you of something and off you go to jail.

ChiefsKing
09-13-2005, 11:14 AM
Did you see the real world san diego? anyway, a girl on the show punched a guy in the arm at a bar, just kinda playing around with him. He goes finds a cop and tells him, and the cops had the owner of the bar go tell her she was wanted outside where the cops were waiting and arrested her. Took her to jail for hitting a guy on the arm.

C-Mac
09-13-2005, 12:00 PM

Tuckdaddy
09-13-2005, 12:32 PM
Thank god we still have Priest.

Brock
09-13-2005, 12:37 PM
Thank god we still have Priest.

For sure. We are going to need a reliable backup to Johnson.

chief99
09-13-2005, 12:38 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/12634250.htm

Coach
09-13-2005, 12:42 PM
Something seems fishy here...

While upstairs, the victim told police, she confronted the ex-girlfriend, an act which “enraged” Johnson. In the report, the victim accused him of then shoving her backwards with his hands, knocking her down, and then grabbing her by her right wrist. She soon left the bar but didn’t call police right away. The woman told police she told her sister and some friends and then realized, “making a report was the right thing to do,” according to police reports.

NewChief
09-13-2005, 12:42 PM
Something seems fishy here...

Really fishy since she's now saying that the police report is incorrect.

Count Alex's Losses
09-13-2005, 12:46 PM
I hear Priest is quite the horn dog, too. But at least he keeps his nose clean.

StcChief
09-13-2005, 12:51 PM
I think the 'Tits' and 'Tires' comment applies here.

Cat fightin' bitches.

NewChief
09-13-2005, 12:51 PM
Definitely will turn out to be much ado about nothing. Look at what the Star article says. The woman is already changing her story:

When asked by a reporter Monday about the events, the victim called the police report “faulty” and questioned some of the sequence of events.

According to the police report filed Saturday morning, the incident happened at The Drink, a County Club Plaza bar, about 12:30 a.m. Saturday. The victim told police that she had an ongoing relationship with Johnson. She said she saw Johnson at the bar with another woman, who was an ex-girlfriend.

The victim told police that Johnson sent a text message to her cell phone, asking her to meet him downstairs, the report said. Once there, the two argued. She accused Johnson of then grabbing her by her right arm and pulling her to an exit, where he told a bouncer that he was a Chief and wanted her removed, the report says.

A bar manager, though, said the woman could stay, and she went upstairs.

While upstairs, the victim told police, she confronted the ex-girlfriend, an act which “enraged” Johnson. In the report, the victim accused him of then shoving her backwards with his hands, knocking her down, and then grabbing her by her right wrist. She soon left the bar but didn’t call police right away. The woman told police she told her sister and some friends and then realized, “making a report was the right thing to do,” according to police reports.

In a phone interview Monday night, the victim did say she was injured and that an altercation happened. Asked about her statement to police in the report — that Johnson pushed, grabbed and pulled her to the door — she said: “No, Larry Johnson did not push and grab and pull me to the door.”

So all the details of the story are from a police report that she's now saying isn't accurate. She's now saying that "Larry Johnson did not push and grap and pull me to the door."

So WTF did he do to get arrested, then?

BigRedChief
09-13-2005, 12:56 PM
A "Do you know who I am?" moment?

She accused Johnson of then grabbing her by her right arm and pulling her to an exit, where he told a bouncer that he was a Chief and wanted her removed, the report says.

Booyaa58
09-13-2005, 12:58 PM
This is complete bullsh*t! Like my father says " ...A wine glass and a womans a$$ will make every good man go wrong" :mad:

Mecca
Then she totally contradicts that report...... I'm not sure I believe anything about this story at this point. About the only thing that seems likely to have happened is, he was with another woman and she was pissed about it.

NewChief
A "Do you know who I am?" moment?

She accused Johnson of then grabbing her by her right arm and pulling her to an exit, where he told a bouncer that he was a Chief and wanted her removed, the report says.

But not really, because she now denies that's how it went down.

chefsos
09-13-2005, 01:03 PM
Then she totally contradicts that report...... I'm not sure I believe anything about this story at this point. About the only thing that seems likely to have happened is, he was with another woman and she was pissed about it.

..and now she feels like a giant c*nt about the whole thing. Seems like she doesn't have a lawyer lined up for the lawsuit, either, or the reporter never would have gotten her on the phone.

BigRedChief
09-13-2005, 01:07 PM
But not really, because she now denies that's how it went down.

Well in another account he identify's himself as a Chief and asks to be escourted out to avoid further trouble.

We need to hire a private dick to investigate the incident.:)

redhed
09-13-2005, 01:20 PM
Sounds like something from the movie "Rain Man".

"He hurt and pulled my neck."

Better call the wahmbalamps.

tomahawk kid
09-13-2005, 01:34 PM
To me, the fact that she's already contradicted herself on record in enough for a judge to throw this out.

Sounds like a load of male cow poo poo to me......

Dartgod
09-13-2005, 01:34 PM
Something seems fishy here...Yep, I can see how that conversation went:

Shanequa: Did you file a police report?
LJ's Ex: No, I didn't think it was necessary
Shanequa: Girlfriend! You best get your bootie down to the station and file that report so youse can get paid!

gblowfish
09-13-2005, 01:58 PM
Leon should send Larry "The Animal" Tynes over to bust her nose!