PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Radio just reported that the New Orleans Hornets...

jAZ
09-13-2005, 10:21 AM
... are considering play some of their home games in "Kansas City among other places".

Interesting.

Count Zarth
09-13-2005, 10:28 AM
Time to start a Hornets sub-forum...

KILLER_CLOWN
09-13-2005, 10:28 AM
Although I really want an NBA team, I don't want a test team here, I would rather wait until we can get a team of our own.

schneider221
09-13-2005, 10:32 AM
like i said in another thread....i hate nba and only will support it if i get a team named KC..... i will not support the NO Hornets unless i know they will be here for the sprint center change name and colors...i think this is how alot of people feel and if we don support a loaner team we wont get a real team....so unless they mean a long term move then let OKC have them

jynni
09-13-2005, 10:36 AM
Hmmm - if tickets are cheap it might not be a bad thing to do when there's no good movies playing.

By cheap I mean less than $10...

jAZ
09-13-2005, 10:39 AM
The Hornets have long been rumored to be considering moving to KC long before the hurricane. It would make a lot of sense to bring them here for a few games this season. If I were in KC, I'd consider going. But I don't hate the NBA.

Mecca
09-13-2005, 10:41 AM
like i said in another thread....i hate nba and only will support it if i get a team named KC..... i will not support the NO Hornets unless i know they will be here for the sprint center change name and colors...i think this is how alot of people feel and if we don support a loaner team we wont get a real team....so unless they mean a long term move then let OKC have them

You do realize if they got horrid attendence if the league ever expanded, or a team was looking to move. Would simply go, "KC doesn't draw let's not go there". If you do want a team it's probably a really wise idea to support one while it's here, even it's a "test" team. Let the NBA know KC is a basketball market. Well that is if you want a team.........

schneider221
09-13-2005, 11:04 AM
if they moved here for a year i think yes they would get a good crowd for teh first month maybe 2, but eventually the crowds will start to fall.

for some reason i just dont think anyone will be diehard fans if they know we will only have the team for a year, for a couple of reasons....they will play in kemper for the most part which wont draw any extra fans, very few season tickets will be sold for a 1 yr team

and yes i think that if we dont support a borrowed team then they will think twice about moving orlando or someone else here

trndobrd
09-13-2005, 11:07 AM
The Hornets have long been rumored to be considering moving to KC long before the hurricane. It would make a lot of sense to bring them here for a few games this season. If I were in KC, I'd consider going. But I don't hate the NBA.

The "NBA"? Is that some sort of indoor sports league or something?

cookster50
09-13-2005, 11:07 AM
This was also in the KC Star this morning.

chiefqueen
09-13-2005, 11:10 AM
It depends what games we would get. I would definately buy tickets to see Cleveland or Miami.

|Zach|
09-13-2005, 11:14 AM
By cheap I mean less than $10...
ROFL ROFL

Saulbadguy
09-13-2005, 11:38 AM
I'd go to a few games. I just looked at the roster and only recognize a few players names. Meh.

Old Dog
09-13-2005, 11:43 AM
NO. I want the Magic, not the Hornets. That being said, when I get back (hopefully by Christmas) I would go to a few of their games.

Skip Towne
09-13-2005, 11:49 AM
Include me out.

GoTrav
09-13-2005, 12:09 PM
how is the ownership with either Orlando or NO? The last thing I want is another "Glass" owner...

redbrian
09-13-2005, 12:16 PM
Fans of the NBA had better get behind this and have a strong showing for all of the games, if they ever want to see another KC pro team here.

If the Kansas City NBA fans turn up their collective noses and snub the Hornets they can kiss away any chance of ever seeing a pro team in KC.

I would seriously consider going to see the Hornets and whoever they play at the Municipal Auditorium, I have memories of some good times in that venue watching the Kings.

Reaper16
09-13-2005, 12:37 PM
NO. I want the Magic, not the Hornets. That being said, when I get back (hopefully by Christmas) I would go to a few of their games.

/agree. The Magic have been linked to a KC move as well. That team has more young talent than the Hornets; who are, by all accounts, a horrid organization.